Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? (4197 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: 'Like Jesus, I Am Tempted To Back Out Of Biafra Struggle' / Guests Struggle For Seat At Presidential Inauguration Dinner (video) / Southern Cameroun Joins IPOB In Biafra Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Origamist: 4:21pm On May 28, 2017
Real2020:
The way Yorubaas invade every Biafra threads, even within seconds of posting, you would think this struggle is meant for them. With the way things are, I may have to abandon this struggle for Yorubaas.

smh,just the way u folks were panting for the attention of afonjas on this thread abi?
https://www.nairaland.com/3825919/nat-turner-igbo-american-warrior-freedom#56956434

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by slivertongue: 4:21pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

All man to his tent.

The Igbos will not be your scape goats anymore in your one Nijeriya neither will the South-south feed you any more.

You can find solace with the coward yorubas.

At the end of the day, I know you are from the pagan provinces of the Middle Belt.

If you can not defend yourselves from the ravaging Islamists will the Igbo come to your rescue?

This is what Domkat Bali said in an interview long after the civil war to justify his people fighting to keep Nijeriya one.

Well, you can enjoy your one Fulani Government. We are out and OVER!

this is not correct:

"I know you are from the pagan provinces of the Middle Belt"

So you think you are a believer and MB people are pagans? God help this country

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 28, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Listen to this man real2020, he has a point.
my. friend, shut up if you don't have anything to say.. Biafrauud threads are opened as an avenue to diss the Yoruba and yell Afonja as usual. You expect us to pat them at the back?
Guy, it's tit for tat as waledeji had said. If you don't like it, deactivate.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 4:24pm On May 28, 2017
slivertongue:

this is not correct:

That was what the likes of Sarduna referred to your kafuri middle belt

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 4:27pm On May 28, 2017
slivertongue:

this is not correct:

There is more than enough literature depicting the middle belt of Nigeria as a pagan province

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=75dqAQAACAAJ&dq=editions:STANFORD36105015003416
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by enemybulldozer(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2017
waledeji:
Because your people keep shouting Afonjas every now and then, you guys have radicalised us and it's going to be tit for tat henceforth
Who started the E-fight first??
Who are the people that invades every bia4ran/Igbo thread only to spew hate speeches??
Who are the people that comments​ and dance in jubilation whenever nigerian army shots peaceful protesters??
Who called bia4ran agitators miscreants ??

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
ColonelDrake:

[s]my. friend, shut up if you don't have anything to say.. Biafrauud threads are opened as an avenue to diss the Yoruba and yell Afonja as usual. You expect us to pat them at the back?
Guy, it's tit for tat as waledeji had said. If you don't like it, deactivate.[/s]

Have the Biafrans ever complained over your June 12 annivesary of failure?

If not then leave them with their May 30th remembrance and every other thing Biafran.

Even the Yoruba owner has a sticky thread here declaring opposition to Biafran seccesion as if nah that what go feed am.

You guys crossed the rubicon long ago and now you are their sworn enemies.

Now go and hold daddy alhaji Shuabu Mohammed dan Sokoto's hand

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by slivertongue: 4:33pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

There is more than enough literature depicting the middle belt of Nigeria as a pagan province

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=75dqAQAACAAJ&dq=editions:STANFORD36105015003416

pls try visit and see for yourself
majority of nigerians are traditionalist despite patronizing the church and mosque
what is okonko?
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Have the Biafrans ever complained over your June 12 annivesary of failure?

If not then leave them with their May 30th remembrance and every other thing Biafran.

Even the Yoruba owner has a sticky thread here declaring opposition to Biafran seccesion as if nah that what go feed am.

You guys crossed the rubicon long ago and now you are their sworn enemies.

Now go and hold daddy alhaji Shuabu Mohammed dan Sokoto's hand

Yet another incoherent barks...Go and form your biadrug thread and spread your propaganda there, you won't find us there. We will always be here to make mockery of your biadrugggg. Now, go suck a d i c k gay!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by slivertongue: 4:36pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

That was what the likes of Sarduna referred to your kafuri middle belt

pls update your knowledge which year did sarduna make the above statement? and which year are we in?
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Origamist: 4:39pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:
All Is Not Fair In War: A Response To Awo Apologists STILL DEFENDING THE WAR CRIMINAL
The reoccurring excuse the Yorubas have been using to defend the genocide on the Igbo nation during the harrowing years of 1966 to 1970 is anchored on the rhetoric adopted by Awolowo to defend his "Hunger Policy" which led to over 3 million dead non-combatants on the Biafran side.
Awolowo will further state that "in war you don't feed your enemies". For clarification, Biafra did not declare war on Nigeria and Nigerians rather it was the reverse. It was the Federal Govt of Nigeria that saw Biafran secession from the British colonial contraption as an act of war. The coup of Jan 15, which has been erroneously tagged as an Igbo Coup was more than enough reason for Nijeriyans to wage their pent up anger and jealousy on Biafrans living within their midst thus the pogroms that raged across northern Nigerian.
Not satisfied with the blood lust, the Nigerian govt will declare war on the newly declared state of Biafra (fleeing the pogroms) to continue the genocidal agenda under the fog of war.
It is important to note that the human cost of the brutal 3 yr un-civil war to reunite Biafra with Nigeria came with a hefty human cost which is yet to be surpassed since even for African conflict standards. The wars in Liberia, Sierra Leone and the genocide in both Rwanda and Burundi plus the conflicts in the Congo combined have yet to meet up with the body bag count of the Nigerian civil war - a whooping 3 million dead!
Coming back to Awolowo's war rhetoric we see it being panned out today by the same Yorubas who use it as justification as both an avenging response to the coup of Jan 15 and as a quick step towards ending the war. In retrospect, Awo's hunger policy equates to Truman dropping the H-Bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

All is not fair in war

The Geneva convention - a guideline on how regular conventional warfare should be conducted had already been in existence since after the great second World War. Obasanjo recently in Abuja, attested to the fact that as a commanding officer of Federal forces he carried in his breast pocket a copy of the Geneva convention. The origins of the Geneva convention were necessitated after the harrowing sufferings and killings that civilians were subjected to at the hands of the Axis forces of Germany and Japan as they swept across Europe and Asia (respectively).
The Nuremberg Trials and that held to convict Japanese war criminals was a response by the allied forces to make a declaration that "All is not fair in war".
It was Winston Churchill that first gave us the word Genocide. A word that masked the unspeakable crime committed by the Nazis.
It was from the barbarity and conviction of the Nazi war criminals that the Geneva convention was born and adopted by the then league of Nations which Nigeria was signatory to as at the time of the civil war.
For Awolowo and his descendants and apologists to still hold on to his war time ideology that "all is fair in war" then it is either they are mistakenly ignorant of the Geneva convention and the Nuremberg Trials or that they are sinisterly evil.
Today, we see the same yorubas threatening another round of genocide on the Biafran people over a Biafran secession.
Why wouldn't they? After all war criminals like Awolowo, Obasanjo, Murtala and Buhari are celebrated today in Nigeria as heroes.
Talk about relative morality and the Yoruba hypocrisy.
What I do know is that Karma is never ever too late to have her pound of flesh.
https://www.nairaland.com/3826174/all-not-fair-war-response#up
this may sound harsh: if awo didn't initiate the starvation policy - which was meant for the biafran soldiers(u knw wht happens when two elephants fight - that explains why the hapless citizens of biafra were those who took the brunt of the action) - the war would have been protracted with biafra suffering more casaulties.
Sorry to say,ojukwu was only interested in using the images of the horrors of war to oil his propaganda machinery.or why do you think one of the writers he hired for that purpose resigned?
https://www.nairaland.com/1076866/open-letter-resignation-odumegwu-ojukwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 4:41pm On May 28, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Yet another incoherent barks...Go and form your biadrug thread and spread your propaganda there, you won't find us there. We will always be here to make mockery of your biadrugggg. Now, go suck a d i c k gay!

Only a vagrant stands on the street corner mocking others going about their business.

You can make jest here and troll there but that wont stop you from being slaves to your hausa slave masters while the better south finds an exit from this failed multicultural experiment

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 4:44pm On May 28, 2017
Origamist:

this may sound harsh: if awo didn't initiate the starvation policy - which was meant for the biafran soldiers(u knw wht happens when two elephants fight - that explains why the hapless citizens of biafra were those who took the brunt of the action) - the war would have been protracted with biafra suffering more casaulties.
Sorry to say,ojukwu was only interested in using the images of the horrors of war to oil his propaganda machinery.or why do you think one of the writers he hired for that purpose resigned?

The very reason that Yorubas like you are threatening another round of genocide on the Igbo people over the Biafran secession is because war criminals like Awolowo went scott free and got to be rewarded as both heroes and leaders in your useless Nijeriya.

With a kill ratio of 5 to 1 the Biafrans were winning at the war front before Awolowo and his jihadists decided to go dirty.

What a Pyrrhic victory ! I hope you wont complain when Hausa start their bloody jihadists quest on their march to the atlantic when we lleave you

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

The very reason that Yorubas like you are threatening another round of genocide on the Igbo people over the Biafran secession is because war criminals like Awolowo went scott free and got to be rewarded as both heroes and leaders in your useless Nijeriya.

With a kill ratio of 5 to 1 the Biafrans were winning at the war front before Awolowo and his jihadists decided to go dirty.

What a Pyrrhic victory ! I hope you wont complain when Hausa start their bloody jihadists quest on their march to the atlantic when we lleave you

You expected your enemies to feed you in war? undecided undecided...I guess the coward ojuiku didn't plan for that. All brawn, no brain..

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 4:54pm On May 28, 2017
ColonelDrake:

You expected your enemies to feed you in war? undecided undecided...I guess the coward ojuiku didn't plan for that. All brawn, no brain..

Did they beg you for food?

The blockade on the Biafran Bight was indiscriminate as it prevented much needed medicine and food into the new Nation.

And by enemies what do you mean?

It was your useless Nijeriyan govt that declared Biafra as Enemies and not the other way round.

Dont worry you will get your own dosage of genocide since genocide is now acceptable in African warfare

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Did they beg you for food?

The blockade on the Biafran Bight was indiscriminate as it prevented much needed medicine and food into the new Nation.

And by enemies what do you mean?

It was your useless Nijeriyan govt that declared Biafra as Enemies and not the other way round.

Dont worry you will get your own dosage of genocide since genocide is now acceptable in African warfare

So, why the lamentation?
@blockade...who cares? who pass you pass you...Awo intelligence wrecked biafrraud.. reason why y'all are pissed.

Biafraansss want to corner the oil rich minoruty regions for themselves na. FG and biarauud fought for oil and the boss (FG) won. cry me a river

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Basic123: 4:59pm On May 28, 2017
Justuceleague2:
You shout afonja in your comments all day

You mention Yoruba commenters

You still opened thread and accused Yorubas

What did you expect?
Untill you stop all these listed above,you've not seen anything.
Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 5:02pm On May 28, 2017
ColonelDrake:

So, why the lamentation?
@blockade...who cares? who pass you pass you...Awo intelligence wrecked biafrraud.. reason why y'all are pissed.

Biafraansss want to corner the oil rich minoruty regions for themselves na. FG and biarauud fought for oil and the boss (FG) won. cry me a river

And you have clearly stated why you oyel craving thieves went to war with the awusa and why you are still clingig desperately to one Nijeriya.

It is over already.

You can deceive yourselves that this Biafran thing is an Igbo affair but at the end the Niger Delta will be liberated and you will all return to the plantations slaving for Tinubu ,your western masters and fulani overlords.

Slaves

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Origamist: 5:04pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

ojukwu and his soldiers killed a lot of people during the midwest invasion,yet he returned to nigeria and was buried like an hero.don't u think he deserves to be tried for the war crimes you accuse awo of as well?
No one's threatening igbos with genocide,stop reading unnecessary meanings into the ap speech.
Tell me,would you have preffered the civil war to have lingered for more years considering ojukwu's nonchalance?regardless of who suffered more military casaulties,biafra was not in a position to hold out for more years.
It's a cruel irony ,i agree, but if the policy was not initiated,and the surrender of biafra hastened,the outcome of a protracted war would not have favoured biafra

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 5:06pm On May 28, 2017
Origamist:

[s]ojukwu and his soldiers killed a lot of people during the midwest invasion,yet he returned to nigeria and was buried like an hero.don't u think he deserves to be tried for the war crimes you accuse awo of as well?
No one's threatening igbos with genocide,stop reading unnecessary meanings into the ap speech.
Tell me,would you have preffered the civil war to have lingered for more years considering ojukwu's nonchalance?regardless of who suffered more military casaulties,biafra was not in a position to hold out for more years.
It's a cruel irony ,i agree, but if the policy was not initiated,and the surrender of biafra hastened,the outcome of a protracted war would not have favoured biafra [/s]

This is the first time I am seeing Ojukwu being declared a war criminal.

This must be the reverse defense which my friend said Yorubas are quick to deploy.

Keep deceiving your entire generation

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

And you have clearly stated why you oyel craving thieves went to war with the awusa and why you are still clingig desperately to one Nijeriya.

It is over already.

You can deceive yourselves that this Biafran thing is an Igbo affair but at the end the Niger Delta will be liberated and you will all return to the plantations slaving for Tinubu ,your western masters and fulani overlords.

Slaves

Savages who couldn't liberate themselves want to liberate Niger delta.. grin grin grin

Y'all are part of the oyel grabbing thieves. You wanted the corner the niger delta oyel for yaselves alone. Ole!...You cried wolf when Gowon gave the minorities their own states. Ojuiku knowing and seeing that he'd lose control over the oyel in the minorities region declared biadruug..You fool no one - attachee by force unity beggars

Ipod logic - attachee by force to the Niger delta. They be like - share your oyel with us alone. Thieves!

y'all are parasites who contribute zilch to the nation's coffer...

2015: Gej till 2019
2016: Biafraaaudd.

Hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 5:13pm On May 28, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Savages who couldn't liberate themselves want to liberate Niger delta.. grin grin grin

Y'all are part of the oyel grabbing thieves. You wanted the corner the niger delta oyel for yaselves alone. Ole!...You cried wolf when Gowon gave the minorities their own states. Ojuiku knowing and seeing that he'd lose control over the oyel in the minorities region declared biadruug..You fool no one - attachee by force unity beggars

Ipod logic - attachee by force to the Niger delta. They be like - share your oyel with us alone. Thieves!

y'all are parasites who contribute zilch to the nation's coffer...

2015: Gej till 2019
2016: Biafraaaudd.

Hypocrites!

I am Niger Deltan.

And the oyel ends with Biafran declaration.

Dont rely on those Itsekiri touts in Warri who are hoping on collecting the pipeline contracts hithero controlled by Ijaws and Tompolos for your salvation.

It ends with Biafra
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

I am Niger Deltan.

And the oyel ends with Biafran declaration.

Dont rely on those Itsekiri touts in Warri who are hoping on collecting the pipeline contracts hithero controlled by Ijaws and Tompolos for your salvation.

It ends with Biafra
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Have you ditched "Gej till 2019"?

Hypocrite!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Origamist: 5:23pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

This is the first time I am seeing Ojukwu being declared a war criminal.
This must be the reverse defense which my friend said Yorubas are quick to deploy.
Keep deceiving your entire generation
you mean biafran soldiers did not violate the terms of the geneva convention?

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by NuclearWinter: 5:24pm On May 28, 2017
Origamist:

you mean biafran soldiers did not violate the terms of the geneva convention?
Is there any documented case of Biafran soldeirs killing Nijeriyans?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Origamist: 5:25pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

Is there any documented case of Biafran soldeirs killing Nijeriyans?
lol.have a nice day.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by loomer: 6:12pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

The Afonja vs IPOB war is between the street thugs and the enlightened youth

Your average afonja is a zombie and a slave to the system. Your average IPOB member wants to correct that anomaly by existing this prison plantation.

What exactly do they gain from all these.

The ipob leaders and afonja leaders go meet themselves for party, hug each other, drink wine chop better food, while the useless followers go dey nairaland dey insult themselves.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 28, 2017
NuclearWinter:

All man to his tent.

The Igbos will not be your scape goats anymore in your one Nijeriya neither will the South-south feed you any more.

You can find solace with the coward yorubas.

At the end of the day, I know you are from the pagan provinces of the Middle Belt.

If you can not defend yourselves from the ravaging Islamists will the Igbo come to your rescue?

This is what Domkat Bali said in an interview long after the civil war to justify his people fighting to keep Nijeriya one.

Well, you can enjoy your one Fulani Government. We are out and OVER!

Stop calling Yorubas cowards! It is very annoying and this has gone beyond mere internet snide remarks. What do you want us to do? Do you expect us to fight for no reason? I am a Christian Yoruba who knows the problems our Muslim community constitute and I rather side with them than with the Igbo. What do you want from us? We accommodate you, give u a conducive environment for business, let u go our schools, constitute a strain on our infrastructure et.al and this is he reward we get? We are cowards? Do you know the implication of what you are doing to an average Yoruba man? We are getting radicalized daily. Can't u see? Can the igbos contain the aftermath of all these insults? Come onnnn! You shall get Biafra. No doubt about that. If you don't get it, Igbo's are done for in Yoruba land at least not to talk of Nigeria. The internet never forgets.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 28, 2017
ColonelDrake:

my. friend, shut up if you don't have anything to say.. Biafrauud threads are opened as an avenue to diss the Yoruba and yell Afonja as usual. You expect us to pat them at the back?
Guy, it's tit for tat as waledeji had said. If you don't like it, deactivate.

Friendly fire here. You don't need to insult me, we are on the same side but I am tired of replying the igbo in harsh tones because they are very obdurate and incorrigible. We only need to work as Yorubas to get them their Biafra and out of yorubaland. I wish I had power to help them out because they are clearly out of control and something needs to be done about their issue. Nigeria can never be the same again due to the insults being traded online by leaders of tomorrow. The igbos have crossed the rubicon as far as relations with the yorubas is concerned. Just take it cool and don't do what I would not do. The biafran issue will be resolved amicably.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 28, 2017
1bkaye:
You would think the struggle was meant for them with the way they're dragged into some of these threads too

actually the struggle is for yoruba in some ways. many yorubas want biafrans out of their land.

secondly, Nnamdi Kanu directed his hate speeches towards yoruba and made hitherto friendly yorubas agitated.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused: Is Biafra Struggle For Yorubas? by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 28, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Have you ditched "Gej till 2019"?

Hypocrite!

see the way the guy quickly claimed Niger deltan?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Is Now A Crime To Say Buhari Is Dead Or Refer To Him As Jubril; Presidency / Remi Tinubu Is From Delta - Ex-nhrc Boss Odinkalu / Reps Demand Documents On ₦2.2 Trillion Foreign, Domestic Debts Utilisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.