Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) (10005 Views)

Cynthia Obieshi Who Died After Sex Buried In Imo / Triplet Brothers Marry Triplet Sisters In Enugu State (photos) / First Wife Attacks Husband's New Bride With Palm Oil During Wedding In Imo. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by softwerk(f): 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
See pictures taken from bride price payments from weddings in Imo State grin

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
Kai I'm half igbo cheesy so This is the price wow!
Hubby hope u taking several notes

Think its similar to yoruba tribe tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Teebouye995(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
roofing sheets too

modified:
those pics looks like one from multiple events

7 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by simplyhonest(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
this looks more like supplies for IDP's instead of bride price... anyway, training a girl child is expensive

8 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Ajewealth123(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
softwerk:
op bia,this is a market place and not a bride price!
Hunger dey catch the whole village abi na the whole village gather born the Pickin?

9 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
Its different occasions shaa

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Oloriburukumods: 6:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nd d family members wil stil come visiting to comman eat my food... They dare not

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
Op you are not aright.all dis picture is not taken in one background.stop posting thrash here pls

7 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by softwerk(f): 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
flomo124:
Op you are not aright.all dis picture is not taken in one background.stop posting thrash here pls
Did you ever pass reading and comprehension in your primary school?!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by jovovick: 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
No wonder they have lots of unmarried ladies over there especially the state capital

5 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy see pigs cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
softwerk:

Did you ever pass reading and comprehension in your primary school?!
you that pass it. how did you make us of it?.....you end up with your redundant brain typing and posting rubbish you didn't know about. jobless illetrate

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by NevetsIbot(m): 11:10pm On Jun 01, 2017
LalaLushness:

Kai I'm half igbo cheesy so This is the price wow!
Hubby hope u taking several notes

Think its similar to yoruba tribe tho
no! Yoruba fathers won't demand this much from a man who wants his daughter.

Yoruba fathers will accept cash as low as 30,000. All they wanna be sure of is that you paid the price in however way possible.

Yorubas don't sell their daughters out biko.

6 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
NevetsIbot:
no! Yoruba fathers won't demand this much from a man who wants his daughter.

Yoruba fathers will accept cash as low as 30,000. All they wanna be sure of is that you paid the price in however way possible.

Yorubas don't sell their daughters out biko.
They collect N30,000?
Well their daughters got noffing to offer other than vaginal n booobs hence the cheap Price...
Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by NevetsIbot(m): 11:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
jboy73:

They collect N30,000?
Well their daughters got noffing to offer other than vaginal n booobs hence the cheap Price...
no dumbass. They know their daughters are not objects to be sold. They don't try to pull a fast one on suitors.

They want everyone to be comfortable and don't really care about the material or financial gains as long as their daughter is getting wedded. A yoruba man knows that God owns his daughter.

Now, go and sleep. If you want tribal jabs, try the next thread

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by xtian0781: 12:02am On Jun 02, 2017
Not 2 b unfair 2 my ibo sisters buh kilode... undecided
Hw many pads nd bra did u use?
Lord knows i so don't plan on marrying an ibo gal although am ibo

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 02, 2017
NevetsIbot:
no dumbass. They know their daughters are not objects to be sold. They don't try to pull a fast one on suitors.

They want everyone to be comfortable and don't really care about the material or financial gains as long as their daughter is getting wedded. A yoruba man knows that God owns his daughter.

Now, go and sleep. If you want tribal jabs, try the next thread
Like I said... Their women are just bunch of sexx objects n konji cooler.
Thanks.
Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Lewaluv(f): 12:05am On Jun 02, 2017
This is not worth being treated like an object!
Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by FvckShiT(m): 12:09am On Jun 02, 2017
Lewaluv:

undecided
Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by wristbangle: 12:14am On Jun 02, 2017
Lewaluv:

What do u mean lewa?
Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by jakandeola(m): 12:21am On Jun 02, 2017
dat why I hate ibos

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Macgreat(m): 12:49am On Jun 02, 2017
I really don't know why ladies get "happy" seeing things like this or hearing about it. It doesn't define your worth, neither does it show you're valuable or valued.

It is old tradition, couples actually like themselves this days unlike then when the size of price or gift shows a mans seriousness.

In the 21st century a man going to see the girls parents is big enough a price because [some] young people of nowadays don't buy into the idea of marriage but cohabiting or baby mama things.

He probably dated you for a year or few years and you're already seeing yourself as the wife. All the while you've been on test drive. Now, he want to make it permanent and some village fools want to discourage him with long list.

A friend (Igbo girl) slashed her list(sent from the village) by 80% and her father didn't care but only mentioned that the village people will not be happy. She told her dad that's all she can allow but if the father refuse because he wants to please the village people, then she will go and get married without them.

Our girls (especially Igbo) need to wise up if they want to get married early, not just to get married early but to get married to the man that loves you and you him.

Get married and leave that house because the pressure will come, and when it does no one will remember a certain man who wanted to marry you earlier but couldn't meet the requirements.

#EverythingSleek

4 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 02, 2017
jakandeola:
dat why I hate ibos
Then support BIAFRA....
So that they can leave you alone...so simple.

What are those that you can't meet up..??
If u really LOVE a lady , how much are those.?
Just a 150K can fetch those...

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Ballmer: 1:23am On Jun 02, 2017
EVILFOREST:

Then support BIAFRA....
So that they can leave you alone...so simple.

What are those that you can't meet up..??
If u really LOVE a lady , how much are those.?
Just a 150K can fetch those...

I would rather support complete annihilation of Biafra. That should ensure it never exist.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by malton: 2:26am On Jun 02, 2017
Before.

Are you just now knowing this?

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by bamdly(m): 5:22am On Jun 02, 2017
and am currently dating calabar girl
Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 02, 2017
Mynd44 day don break for Owerri

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by puregoldintlven(m): 7:33am On Jun 02, 2017
xtian0781:
Not 2 b unfair 2 my ibo sisters buh kilode... undecided
Hw many pads nd bra did u use?
Lord knows i so don't plan on marrying an ibo gal although am ibo
this is a lie.I got married there I never brought or paid such.don't be discouraged with this jobless op
Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by peter0071(m): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2017
which area of imo state are u refering to? stop fearing o
softwerk:
Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by kingthreatz: 8:27am On Jun 02, 2017
Na why their male suitors dey do everything including armed robbery, drug trafficking and baby sales to meet up to these obligations.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Bride Price in Imo State (Photos) by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 02, 2017
chai! shocked shocked shocked
thornapple come and see shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Be Truthful... "Photo" / Ladies Choose Your Shape. Guys Choose Your Spec [photo] / The Hookup Culture In Nigeria Is So Bad That Even Working 9-5 Babes Engage In It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.