Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? (3387 Views)

She's The Best Woman For Me But Not That Beautiful. Should I Still Marry Her? / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? / Would You Still Marry Your Lover If You Discovered That They Can't Have Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
I met this girl I loved so much. We started dating. I was very sincere to her and told her all about my past too and my present job and all. Initially she thought I was not serious but as time goes on, she discovered I was serious and was ready to marry her.
She's a very humble girl and ready to learn cos I discovered so many of her weaknesses and was putting her through rigorous training like making sure she reads to build her IQ. She was really responding so much and was happy and thanking me for making her discover her inner beauty.
The whole process made her to love me now like she's crazy.
But on Monday she told me the shock of my life. She told me she has smoked before. I thought maybe she has tasted cigarette before. She told me that she started smoking weed right from secondary school SS2. With her present age, she has smoked for 8 cool years and non is cigarette but weed(ibo) and Coddein and Tablets.
She told me all and also told me she stopped smoking last year but took Coddein last two months. That cos of my sincerity, she don't do them anymore that it was her past.
I've given her book to read so as to help her think right and truly she confessed that the book did her lots of good and was thanking me for making her a changed girl. Plus the rigorous fasting she has done lately too by her ownself just to draw closer to God. In fact the lady is a nice and willing to learn and respectful person other than others I've met.
But since Monday, my head is full of thoughts.
I still love her but one part of my thought is scared cos of fear of the unknown tomorrow.
Please what do I do. I love her and I'm scared too cos I don't know the level of damage the drugs has done on her.
Don't mind my English. I'm good at other things I do. Lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Teebouye995(m): 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
marry her if u still love her. infact i tynk u shld love her more for opening up.

bt anyways, its ur marriage, ur decision.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by SexyNairalander: 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
booked

she told you this and instead of you to be happy you are coming up with this, you clearly stated that you are trying to change her and now she is thanking and sharing what your work has done in her life and you dey yan dis thing

humans sha, cos she smokes doesn't mean she is a bad person you know. . .please see the positive part and not this your yeye negative thoughts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
Lmaoooooo...
Okay,iono wah to say yet,be back to modify grin
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by BlackDBagba: 7:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
Never tell a guy any secret!!!

We will ALWAYS use it against you. undecided

Bros, that chic opened up to you. Count yourself lucky. Most are living with prostitutes. Who confesses until they are caught in the act ?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Splinz(m): 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:

Please what do I do.

Go ahead with your original plans. We all have our dark moments, does it therefore means that we should all be condemned? If yes, who then shall remain?

It was on this premise that the Master said: "Let he who is without sin be the first to throw the stone". smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by SirMichael1: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2017
I don't trust her o

A person doesn't quit drugs over a year and returns to take drugs 2 months before.

She might be lying to say that she's changed. This is my opinion tho.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked

she told you this and instead of you to be happy you are coming up with this, you clearly stated that you are trying to change her and now she is thanking and sharing what your work has done in her life and you dey yan dis thing

humans sha, cos she smokes doesn't mean she is a bad person you know. . .please see the positive part and not this your yeye negative thoughts
First time I tasted weed, I nearly ran mad until I quietly prayed that God should forgive and restore me and till today I've never tasted it again. That my own experience alone makes me look at her with another eye.
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by dnoable08: 7:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
I even thought u were going to say she confessed she was a slut who did series of abortion.
Baba u no get problem

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
Splinz:

Go ahead with your original plans. We all have our dark moments, does it therefore means that we should all be condemned? If yes, who then shall remain?

It was on this premise that the Master said: "Let he who is without sin be the first to throw the stone". smiley
Thanks. I still love her but the thought of all she told me is the issue I'm battling with.
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
SirMichael1:
cry
Huh? What?
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by SirMichael1: 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:
Huh? What?

Modified. Read up
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
SirMichael1:
I don't trust her o

A person doesn't quit drugs over a year and returns to take drugs 2 months before.

She might be lying to say that she's changed. This is my opinion tho.
Exactly the thoughts killing me. What's the probability she won't take it when maybe we have issue tomorrow to calm herself down or to face me with fight. My head full
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Òrò di ghunnn, órò pesi jè ooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by memories1(f): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Angels are only found in heaven, while on earth, we're all humans and have a stack of imperfections. That aside, she told you about her past because she trusts you. She believes you would look beyond her imperfections, mistakes and wrong turns to see the part of her working to be a better person. I would prefer someone who entrusts me with their secrets than a pretender.
Let go of the shock and judgement, continue helping her to build a better character. In time, you'd be convinced that she'd make a good spouse. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
dnoable08:
I even thought u were going to say she confessed she was a slut who did series of abortion.
Baba u no get problem
Bro, drug goes with almost all that but she denied that aspect. Did abortion only once after secondary school. Did she tell me All?
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by NairalandCS(m): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
Op don't be a buzz kill, hit a blunt with her. cool
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by moorevic(m): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:
I met this girl I loved so much. We started dating. I was very sincere to her and told her all about my past too and my present job and all. Initially she thought I was not serious but as time goes on, she discovered I was serious and was ready to marry her.
She's a very humble girl and ready to learn cos I discovered so many of her weaknesses and was putting her through rigorous training like making sure she reads to build her IQ. She was really responding so much and was happy and thanking me for making her discover her inner beauty.
But on Monday she told me the shock of my life. She told me she has smoked before. I thought maybe she has tasted cigarette before. She told me that she started smoking weed right from secondary school SS2. With her present age, she has smoked for 8 cool years and non is cigarette but weed(ibo) and Coddein and Tablets.
She told me all and also told me she stopped smoking last year but took Coddein last two months. That cos of my sincerity, she don't do them anymore that it was her past.
I've given her book to read so as to help her think right and truly she confessed that the book did her lots of good and was thanking me for making her a changed girl. Plus the rigorous fasting she has done lately too by her ownself just to draw closer to God. In fact the lady is a nice and willing to learn and respectful person other than others I've met.
I still love her but one part of my thought is scared cos of fear of the unknown tomorrow.
Please what do I do. I love her and I'm scared too cos I don't know the level of damage the drugs has done on her.

She opened up to you because you seem like a solid pillar whom she could confide in, she let you into her past because she has seen the future with you as a tank of bliss.
Like she said its her past and that YOU made her quit them. Still love her as you did and never stop. She is a refined gem.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
memories1:
Angels are only found in heaven, while on earth, we're all humans and have a stack of imperfections. That aside, she told you about her past because she trusts you. She believes you would look beyond her imperfections, mistakes and wrong turns to see the part of her working to be a better person. I would prefer someone who entrusts me with their secrets than a pretender.
Let go of the shock and judgement, continue helping her to build a better character. In time, you'd be convinced that she'd make a good spouse. Good luck.
I love her and the improvement I'm seeing in her is making me fall in love the more. But I'm somehow in shock. Has she told me all?
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
NairalandCS:
Op don't be a buzz kill, hit a blunt with her. cool
what? In simple terms pls
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by SirMichael1: 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:
Exactly the thoughts killing me. What's the probability she won't take it when maybe we have issue tomorrow to calm herself down or to face me with fight. My head full

Relationship is a risk. Test her very well and see her limits. Try to know what would make her go back to drugs. Is it anger, hurt, loneliness etc.

Piss her off, don't pick her call for maybe a day or 2 and visit her unannounced by the eve of the 2nd day.

This is marriage we're talking about here and it's supposed to be a lifetime union.

Eliminate every possibilities of a divorce now or face the consequence later wink
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Splinz(m): 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:
Thanks. I still love her but the thought of all she told me is the issue I'm battling with.

No, you don't love her, at least according to my own understanding of love. This is because battling with the thoughts of what she did simply means that a part of you is thinking of condemnation, i.e, you can't let it go.

Well, whatever your decisions and intentions are, remember that it will amount to sheer hatred of truths and confessions, if you turn against her sincere heart pouring to you.
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by NairalandCS(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:
what? In simple terms pls

Smoke a joint with her bro.
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
moorevic:

She opened up to you because you seem like a solid pillar whom she could confide in, she let you into her past because she has seen the future with you as a tank of bliss.
Like she said its her past and that YOU made her quit them. Still love her as you did and never stop. She is a refined gem.
Thanks. Wanted to go ahead with meeting the parents but it slowed me down. Want to watch her closely and be sure

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by memories1(f): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:
I love her and the improvement I'm seeing in her is making me fall in love the more. But I'm somehow in shock. Has she told me all?

She'd tell all if you continue to stand by her. See her as a work in progress. Diamond doesn't look good when just mined, but after being polished and cut, it acquires a great value.
Hang in there and keep encouraging her. The grass isn't greener on the other sides. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
SirMichael1:

Relationship is a risk. Test her very well and see her limits. Try to know what would make her go back to drugs. Is it anger, hurt, loneliness etc.

Piss her off, don't pick her call for maybe a day or 2 and visit her unannounced by the eve of the 2nd day.

This is marriage we're talking about here and it's supposed to be a lifetime union.

Eliminate every possibilities of a divorce now or face the consequence later wink
Exactly what I started doing recently, mehn, that girl can apologise and can easily adjust to make u happy. I've not discovered what will make her angry to that extent. Will try more
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by moorevic(m): 7:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:
Thanks. Wanted to go ahead with meeting the parents but it slowed me down. Want to watch her closely and be sure
Actually you are looking for fault which you may spot no matter how irrelevant it might be. My candid advice be her friend and you'll know more about her. Don't poke into her life.
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
memories1:

She'd tell all if you continue to stand by her. See her as a work in progress. Diamond doesn't look good when just mined, but after being polished and cut, it acquires a great value.
Hang in there and keep encouraging her. The grass isn't greener on the other sides. smiley
Thanks. I do encourage her and she's willing to learn

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by moorevic(m): 7:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:
Exactly what I started doing recently, mehn, that girl can apologise and can easily adjust to make u happy. I've not discovered what will make her angry to that extent. Will try more
Micheal that's totally wrong, you may push her to her limit and remember she's changing because this dope guy.
So OP don't test her because the devil you don't know in her maybe a Leviathan.
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by SirMichael1: 7:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:

Don't do it too much and get conc. acid poured on you while sleeping o.

Tread with caution.... Make your case no enter FP on NL with topic "A nairalander gets poured with acid" or something like that. grin
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Burgerlomo: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
Thegoodlord:

Please show more love to her and don't let her go anywhere, try to assist​ her to fully recuperate even if any damages has been done which translates to neh (marry her) in weriweri dialects.
Re: Should I Still Marry Her After This Confession? by Thegoodlord(m): 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
Splinz:

No, you don't love her, at least according to my own understanding of love. This is because battling with the thoughts of what she did simply means that a part of you is thinking of condemnation, i.e, you can't let it go.

Well, whatever your decisions and intentions are, remember that it will amount to sheer hatred of truths and confessions, if you turn against her sincere heart pouring to you.
I'm not battling with the thought she's bad, I'm battling with the shock cos it's still fresh bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Removed / Don’t Date My Bestie / Pictures About The Used Condom Nylon Inside The Bottle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.