Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,055 members, 7,956,943 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... (2374 Views)

Can I Recite Adhkar In Yoruba, Hausa Or Other Languages Other Than Arabic? / Ma Salam Wa Bi Salam (let's Talk Arabic) / The Arabic Origins Of Common Yoruba Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by AideeSheks(m): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2017
Asalam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh.
Just went through the thread and I really liked the discussion. Wanted to chip in a few things from another perspective.

I feel a major reason for the unemployment crisis we're facing is the very huge gap between the academia and the professional world, and this gaps keeps getting wider by the day. My orientation few years back was that finishing with a strong grade was the major determinant of how employable you are. Though I can't say I'm fully in the labour market now but I can surely say that most of those our schools don't prepare their students for the outside world. Most graduates don't really have anything to offer employers when they get out there. The few ones that stand out are those who took it out of their time to master some certain skills. Taking the engineering I studied as a case study, new technologies are emerging by the day but nobody tries modifying our curriculum to accommodate these new trends (and that's the major difference between our education system here and that of the developed countries). I had friends in one of our biggest federal schools who told me that one of the programming languages they were taught extensively on was FORTRAN (something that is almost extinct in this modern day). Likewise, many of our elect/elect students are still building their projects with veroboards when PCBs exist. Many other examples like that I can begin to mention.

One of my professors back then in school once remarked in a class:
"Most of you won't get to apply up to 15% of what you've been taught in Nigerian schools by the time you get to the real world out there". This statement sums it all up.

Also, maybe the "pass well in school and become successful in life" mentality most of our parents gave us while growing up is another reason responsible for this scourge. That entrepreneurial mindset was just not instilled in us right from the onset.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2017
That entrepreneurial mindset was just not instilled in us right from the onset.

That sums up what I was trying to say here;

I think one of the problems is, most do not want to start small, most want to earn millions monthly just like that, everyone wants a white collar job nobody wants to farm, or think of a way to create a job for themselve, farming bring lots of money if you can endure in the beginning.....

I think parent should make their children learn vocational skills after the high school for like a year or two before going to the university, this way they have something they can call "my handwork" and they can use as a source of livelihood after their university days if need be....

BTW,

FORTRAN? who uses FORTRAN at this age? We were also taught FORTRAN in our 200l no one from maths department took it serious....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Mofpearl: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2017
Jazakallahu Khyran for your contribution Aideesheks.

I wanted to talk about education but I wasn't sure how it would be received plus I don't know the system. If the educational system isn't preparing people for the workplace then there needs to be a reform. But how do we get the system reformed?

Excluding the government, how can an individual enhance his/her skills?

I think an individual can take up the responsibilities to better improve his/her skills by taking external courses and attending workshops. I also think for one to be motivated to improve his/her skills, there needs to be a passion/drive for the studied course. One of the things I think we need in Nigeria is more universities, people are sometimes forced to study courses that they don't want simply because there are a lot of applicants and not enough room for everybody. This is also true in developed countries as well, but it seems to be quite high in Nigeria.

I agree that having a high grade doesn't necessarily translate ton increased chances of employment and I have been told this countless times by instructors but I still don't know why grades mean a lot me- I love being the best that there is or at least one of the best, but I can't deny that doing well academically is a value that has been instilled since I was young.

I also think parents should be more open to the idea that education is broad- it doesn't just have to do with grades and working in an office.
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by AideeSheks(m): 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
Mofpearl:
Jazakallahu Khyran for your contribution Aideesheks.

I wanted to talk about education but I wasn't sure how it would be received plus I don't know the system. If the educational system isn't preparing people for the workplace then there needs to be a reform. But how do we get the system reformed?

Excluding the government, how can an individual enhance his/her skills?

I think an individual can take up the responsibilities to better improve his/her skills by taking external courses and attending workshops. I also think for one to be motivated to improve his/her skills, there needs to be a passion/drive for the studied course. One of the things I think we need in Nigeria is more universities, people are sometimes forced to study courses that they don't want simply because there are a lot of applicants and not enough room for everybody. This is also true in developed countries as well, but it seems to be quite high in Nigeria.

I agree that having a high grade doesn't necessarily translate ton increased chances of employment and I have been told this countless times by instructors but I still don't know why grades mean a lot me- I love being the best that there is or at least one of the best, but I can't deny that doing well academically is a value that has been instilled since I was young.

I also think parents should be more open to the idea that education is broad- it doesn't just have to do with grades and working in an office.
Wa iyakki

Honestly, learning a skill isn't all that hard. Even the internet has really facilitated things to be very easy. I got to learn many things just from blogs and YouTube videos, whereas others pay people to learn such. To me, what matters the most is just having that zeal, desire and time to dedicate.

And Yes, having high grades is not a bad thing at all. One should still always strive hard to attain the best scores and grades. My point is just simply that one must not just sit back and rely on only this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Mofpearl: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
AideeSheks:

Wa iyakki

Honestly, learning a skill isn't all that hard. Even the internet has really facilitated things to be very easy. I got to learn many things just from blogs and YouTube videos, whereas others pay people to learn such. To me, what matters the most is just having that zeal, desire and time to dedicate.[b]
YES!

And Yes, having high grades is not a bad thing at all. One should still always strive hard to attain the best scores and grades. My point is just simply that one must not just sit back and rely on only this.
Thanks for this! I find this really encouraging "one should stive hard to attain the best scores and grades". Yup. I got your orginal point.
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Mofpearl: 11:26am On Jun 27, 2017
Sorry to derail again but just in case I don't get answers in the other thread.

Which private university in Nigeria is best to study accounting?

Not just in terms of education but also safety, accommodation, amenities, and freedom.

By freedom, I mean freedom to practice religion and this is because a lot of private universities are affiliated with religion which is fine but I don't want any university that forces one to remove hijab for example or listen to morning devotion or ask someone to pray with them. Also things like allowing people pray on time.

Location also matters but I can't expatiate on that atm.
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by AideeSheks(m): 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mofpearl:
Sorry to derail again but just in case I don't get answers in the other thread.

Which private university in Nigeria is best to study accounting?

Not just in terms of education but also safety, accommodation, amenities, and freedom.

By freedom, I mean freedom to practice religion and this is because a lot of private universities are affiliated with religion which is fine but I don't want any university that forces one to remove hijab for example or listen to morning devotion or ask someone to pray with them. Also things like allowing people pray on time.

Location also matters but I can't expatiate on that atm.
Which region preferably? South West?
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Mofpearl: 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
AideeSheks:

Which region preferably? South West?

I dunno. Region is an issue for but was thinking somewhere like Abuja. South West is also okay.

Jazakallahu Khyran
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by AideeSheks(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mofpearl:

I dunno. Region is an issue for but was thinking somewhere like Abuja. South West is also okay.

Jazakallahu Khyran
Wa iyakum

You can consider the universities owned by Islamic organisations; Fountain, Al-Hikmah, Crescent etc. I'm sure they should all be offering accounting. Don't know too much on their standards though.
Bells University also gives Muslims freedom to practice. A lot of northern students go there and they can attest to that fact. They have a mosque in the school and they regularly hold Dawah programmes.
Don't really know much about ABUAD. But I personally don't think Muslims find it that easy there though. Perhaps Demmzy15 could shed more light on that for us.
Igbinedion is also a very free school. Anyhow goes over there

2 Likes

Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Mofpearl: 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
AideeSheks:

Wa iyakum

You can consider the universities owned by Islamic organisations; Fountain, Al-Hikmah, Crescent etc. I'm sure they should all be offering accounting. Don't know too much on their standards though.
Bells University also gives Muslims freedom to practice. A lot of northern students go there and they can attest to that fact. They have a mosque in the school and they regularly hold Dawah programmes.
Don't really know much about ABUAD. But I personally don't think Muslims find it that easy there though. Perhaps Demmzy15 could shed more light on that for us.

Jazakallahu Khyran, you have been very helpful. I am looking at Fountain, Al-Hikmah and Crescent but I am not too sure about the location (safety, how welcoming are people, how easy is it to live there when one doesn't speak the language). Al-Hikmah seems nice but I am not sure about what living in illorin is like. It seems like there are a lot of sufis there.
I have never heard of Bells University but I can look it up.
I didn't really get good reviews on Igbinedion when I was personally considering studying there- I heard there are cultist there and they also had some accreditation issues before.
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by AideeSheks(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mofpearl:

Jazakallahu Khyran, you have been very helpful. I am looking at Fountain, Al-Hikmah and Crescent but I am not too sure about the location (safety, how welcoming are people, how easy is it to live there when one doesn't speak the language). Al-Hikmah seems nice but I am not sure about what living in illorin is like. It seems like there are a lot of sufis there.
I have never heard of Bells University but I can look it up.
I didn't really get good reviews on Igbinedion when I was personally considering studying there- I heard there are cultist there and they also had some accreditation issues before.
As much as there are Sufis in Ilorin, there are also a lot those upon the sunnah there. So I don't think that should be much of a worry.

Crescent is in Abeokuta, my home town. A very peaceful, nice and vastly developing town but not much Sunnah scholars are present here (Then again, it's how it is in most other places in the South West). Should be a very secure place.

Foutain is in Osogbo. Owned by NASFAT. Have a friend of mine serving with me, and from his narrations, it's not too bad either. But also, he seems to suggest that a lot of fitnah still goes on there. Not the most ideal of environments taking in mind that it's meant to be an "Islamic" school.

Bells is the school owned by Obasanjo. It's in Ota (Ogun State). A lot of people from different parts of the nation enroll there, so the issue of language barrier shouldn't be there. It's also quite a free school; parties, a lot of inter-mingling and the rest. Still quite a lot safer compared to Igbinedion. Don't know of any cultist issues they face there.

Oh yeah! Igbinedion is more or less a public school disguised as a private one. Things are quite rugged over there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Mofpearl: 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
My main concern with Osun and Ogun state is - ritualism and gbomo gbomo outside campus. Other than that I don't think it's a problem.

Jazakallahu Khyran wa barakallahu feek for your assistance. I really appreciate it.

This is off topic but any nice places to visit in Abeokuta asides the Olumo rock?

Modified*

Is Sango otta same as otta?
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by AideeSheks(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mofpearl:

This is off topic but any nice places to visit in Abeokuta asides the Olumo rock?

Well, I don't go out that much. But the only other place I know well is Obasanjo's presidential library. It's probably the second major tourist centre people visit.

Mofpearl:

Is Sango otta same as otta?
More or less, people use both terms to talk of the same place. But in actual fact, Sango is a separate place while Ota is another separate place. Just that they're next to each other, so the whole area is fondly called Sango-Ota.
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Mofpearl: 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
AideeSheks:

More or less, people use both terms to talk of the same place. But in actual fact, Sango is a separate place while Ota is another separate place. Just that they're next to each other, so the whole area is fondly called Sango-Ota.

Jazakallahu Khyran.
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Demmzy15(m): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
AideeSheks:

Wa iyakum

Accounting is okay in ABUAD but religion is restricted to some extent here. We don't have a mosque despite campaigning for years, there are cases whereby you're praying and random someone just comes and start a party. There's nothing you can do, that's the situation here!
Re: Junior Arabic And Islamic Secondary School Sales(JAISS) Of Form Now Available... by Mofpearl: 3:05am On Jun 28, 2017
Jazakallahu Khyran.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jinn Catching: Good Or Bad / The Concept Of Imamah In The Infallible Quran / Islam And Changing Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.