Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player (63564 Views)

Messi ‘made Me Better Player’, Says Ronaldo / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Messi May Not Have Saved Us From Defeat - Sampaoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by henrixx(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
Koreslee:
The thing is that Ronaldo made Messi a better player, Messi made Ronaldo a better player
no. I disagree. I only believe Messi made Ronaldo a better player. Messi was destined for greatness. I remember an article on goal.com years back after that u20 win against Nigeria where the writer boldly claimed that Messi could go on to win the Ballon dor for many years as he's fiercely talented. Everyone who saw him knew it.

But that can't be said of Ronaldo, Ronaldo in his quest to be great found Messi in his way and had to work hard to be the best. U can see it in the way he plays and reacts to media about Messi comparisons

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by BAILMONEY: 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
9jakohai:
Messi: One world cup final.
Rinaldo: One world cup semi final.
No contest.
RONALDO- EURO WINNER MESSI- COPA RUNNER UP grin

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by verygudbadguy(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:
So because CR7 won last night he has suddenly become better than Messi? We all. Watched both guys go head-to-head in their last El Classico and please remind me who came out tops? Messi of course dismantled real Madrid while CR7 was no where to be found. Juventus wasn't an opposition that could trouble Madrid so my brother no even compare both guys because Messi is the best amongst the two guys cool

But they troubled Barça including Messi. You have got nothing on my boi CR-7. He is way too hot right now.

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by kov624665(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2017
theoneJabulani:
...simply choosing to believe we are lucky to see them play. But at the end
What end?, did football ended lastnight?
theoneJabulani:
, one simply has to agree, Messi is a wizard, words cannot describe his talent But Ronaldo 's quest and obsession to be the best is what makes him a better player. He might not mesmerize his was past defenders or coming deep to influence play like messi but his persistence, hard work, and competitive streak is what sets him above his rival
Above his rival? Please give us ur statiscal findings Mr OP
theoneJabulani:
. CR7 keep proving ur doubters wrong.
MY humble option.
iHALA every MADRID fans worldwide
oh!, you're a ManU fan...I see, cos a true Madrid understands the very important work-rate of Marcelo, Carvajal and Ramos for Madrid to defend the title.
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Vindyk(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
I like wen u're doing ur best on d pitch u also know hw to entertain ur fans dan to be pulling shirt for dem. Ororo only ur celebration n wink is ok for me
my beta player
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by kov624665(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
verygudbadguy:

But they troubled Barça including Messi. You have got nothing on my boi CR-7. He is way too hot right now.
for own mind, please make urself happy the more. It saves life
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by henrixx(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
chucs:
I concur with you..I like Ronaldo cuz of his humanitarian nature unlike messi that was even involved in tax evasion.
Ronaldo also involved in tax evasion..... Google it right now
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by charlesluthor(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
burberry89:

Have you forgotten how this Sam barca thrashed and humiliated this same juve 2 years ago in the champions league final. Have forgotten Madrid couldn't beat barca in the league this season. They drew the first leg and lost the second leg to barca
what am try, to tell u is dnt call Juve a weak opposition, atleast give madrid d credit. No weak team can go to the champions league final...
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Oluwapeldon(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:
So because CR7 won last night he has suddenly become better than Messi? We all. Watched both guys go head-to-head in their last El Classico and please remind me who came out tops? Messi of course dismantled real Madrid while CR7 was no where to be found. Juventus wasn't an opposition that could trouble Madrid so my brother no even compare both guys because Messi is the best amongst the two guys cool
Juventus is no wat y can't ur Barcelona dismantle dem in 2 leg. But Madrid dismantle dem in just 1 match
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Shori:
Funny! What if Ronaldo had the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and co that Messi had(...during his consecutive Balon D' or era), Messi won't match him? Check out Portugal's National team and Argentina's. What I think you missed is that Ronaldo is talented, just as Messi, but only became better when he saw that talent can be made better by including hard work.

Ronaldo had the most expensive team in the world. He had Casillas, Ramos, Marcelo, Alonso, Modric, Pepe etc.

So Messi is lazy? The player that drops deep into midfield, dribles several players, scores, creates and assists is lazy.... While the one that stays in the box to play 'pass n shoot' / 'cross n nod' is hardworking, Intresting.

7 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Shori(m): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
burberry89:

Have you forgotten how this Sam barca thrashed and humiliated this same juve 2 years ago in the champions league final. Have forgotten Madrid couldn't beat barca in the league this season. They drew the first leg and lost the second leg to barca
Let me disillusion you. Barca didn't play the same Juventus two seasons ago. They played a weaker version. That was a Juventus with a Conte, not Allegri. A Juventus without Alves. A less defensive Juventus! In the end, one team won a double!
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by kurajordan(m): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
//

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by teamsynergy: 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

According to Madridistas, Ramos is better than Puyol, Marcelo>Alba/Abidal, Pepe>Pique, Cassilas>Valdes, Alonso>Busquet, Ronaldo>Messi, Ozil/Dimaria>Pedro.

show me the one from barcastats... or u expect them to say otherwise?
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by henrixx(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
hazard54:
christiano ronaldo goal scoring record..... 600th carrier goals yesterday

while messi 573 carrier goals
d only difference between the two of of dem is dat messi is a born talent while ronaldo work Towards it.
messi is 2 years younger. Do u know how many he will score in two years
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by robinzaga(m): 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
I av always avoided the mrssi/ronaldo comparison, simply choosing to believe we are lucky to see them play. But at the end, one simply has to agree, Messi is a wizard, words cannot describe his talent But Ronaldo 's quest and obsession to be the best is what makes him a better player. He might not mesmerize his was past defenders or coming deep to influence play like messi but his persistence, hard work, and competitive streak is what sets him above his rival. CR7 keep proving ur doubters wrong.
MY humble option.
iHALA every MADRID fans worldwide

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by kov624665(m): 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
Vindyk:
I like wen u're doing ur best on d pitch u also know hw to entertain ur fans dan to be pulling shirt for dem. Ororo only ur celebration n wink is ok for me
my beta player
hmm, you would have loved Mr. Latin as well if he is a football star. But who cares what you like?
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by henrixx(m): 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
Shori:
Let me disillusion you. Barca didn't play the same Juventus two seasons ago. They played a weaker version. That was a Juventus with a Conte, not Allegri. A Juventus without Alves. A less defensive Juventus! In the end, one team won a double!
sorry. Allegri was the coach then
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by bibiking7(m): 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2017

Messi is better with his left leg. Ronaldo is good with both right and left. Ronaldo can jump higher, hence nods the ball better. In summary, Ronaldo is an all round hard working player while Messi is a talented player. In the end, hard work pays off. I prefer Ronaldo.

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Shori(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

Ronaldo had the most expensive team in the world. He had Casillas, Ramos, Marcelo, Alonso, Modric, Pepe etc.

So Messi is lazy? The player that drops deep into midfield, dribles several players, scores, creates and assists is lazy.... While the one that stays in the box to play 'pass n shoot' is hardworking, Intresting.
Check Ronaldo stats and find your answers... and saying Ronaldo waits in the box for tap-in goals is an indication you started watching football recently. Go and watch Ronaldo's clips and you'll see you just committed a fallacy. Messi isn't lazy, but someone is obviously working harder!

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
Shori:

You're joking right? Allegri coached Juve in '15, They had a Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Tevez and Morata. The also won a double, knocked out Real that year, and were just as defensive, so stop goofing around.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by 01mcfadden(m): 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:

Lol

But Juventus was an opposition that could stop Messi and Barca?
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Franchise21(m): 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:
Same Juventus dat Barca couldn't score even quarter a goal n was trashed 3-0
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by dandrey: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
Messi is the greatest football genius and CR7 is the true definition of success
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by bareal(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
seniorkachion:

Messi is a football god, pure and simple. He stands shoulder to shoulder with Pele, Maradona . Below them comes the likes of the two Ronaldos, Zico, Cruyf etc.

Where did you put Ronaldinho?

1 Like

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Vindyk(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2017
kov624665:
hmm, you would have loved Mr. Latin as well if he is a football star. But who cares what you like?
thanks abt u knowing dat nobody gives a Bleep abt ur likes
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
teamsynergy:

show me the one from barcastats... or u expect them to say otherwise?

There is nothing like 'barcastats', Do you disagree with any of the comparisms i made above?
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by kov624665(m): 12:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Messi is pure talent. Ronaldo is talent plus hard work training.

When talent sleeps, the o e that does hard work takes over.
bros, stop confusing urself. Before you add the hardwork thing, tell us the percentage talent for both players
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by SycophanticGoat: 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2017
Secrets11:

Nonsense analysis. Even though I know that Messi is a better player than Ronaldo while Ronaldo is a more determined and focused footballer, don't you think it's unwise to judge both of them with just one meeting in El classico?

If I go by your logic then I will use Juve Vs Madrid to knock Messi off because I will tell you that that Ronaldo did what Messi, Neymar and Suarez couldn't do which was, beating the Juve defence and keeper; therefore Ronaldo is better than all 3 players combined..

2 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Shori(m): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
henrixx:
Oh yeah!
jstbeinhonest:

You're joking right? Allegri coached Juve in '15, They had a Vidal, Pirlo, Tevez and Morata. The also won a double and knocked out Real that year, and were just as defensive, so stop goofing around.
henrixx:
Oh yeah!
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by brugge007(m): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
henrixx:
no. I disagree. I only believe Messi made Ronaldo a better player. Messi was destined for greatness. I remember an article on goal.com years back after that u20 win against Nigeria where the writer boldly claimed that Messi could go on to win the Ballon dor for many years as he's fiercely talented. Everyone who saw him knew it.

But that can't be said of Ronaldo, Ronaldo in his quest to be great found Messi in his way and had to work hard to be the best. U can see it in the way he plays and reacts to media about Messi comparisons

life is about you finding a source of inspiration to better yourself!!!

2 Likes

Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by kov624665(m): 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
Vindyk:

thanks abt u knowing dat nobody gives a Bleep abt ur likes
oh, you're mad already cheesy
Re: Messi May Be More Talented But Ronaldo Is Simply A Better Player by Crestedguy4real: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=theoneJabulani post=57169035]I av always avoided the mrssi/ronaldo comparison, simply choosing to believe we are lucky to see them play. But at the end, one simply has to agree, Messi is a wizard, words cannot describe his talent But Ronaldo 's quest and obsession to be the best is what makes him a better player. He might not mesmerize his was past defenders or coming deep to influence play like messi but his persistence, hard work, and competitive streak is what sets him above his rival. CR7 keep proving ur doubters wrong.
MY humble option.
iHALA every MADRID fans worldwide[/quote

Let the truth be told,you will never see any messi and cr7 in a long way to you,the rivalries stood them above every player in the world.on a second note,this might end soon,because both players are already in their peak, they have shared the world best among then for almost 10 solid years,cr7 109 championship goals in 140 matches,scored 12 goals in 13 championship matches, over 600 goals for both country and club.almost won every indivual honours in football

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: AWCON 2018 - 4 - 0 (Full Time) / You Come To Our Country, You Know What Makes Us Angry And You Do It - Qatari / Emmanuel Adebayor Shares First Message As A Muslim.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.