Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,053 members, 7,953,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 (2620 Views)

''I Will Not Disappoint Nigerians'' President Buhari Says / Sule Lamido For President 2019 Campaign Vehicles (Photos) / 7 Most Corrupt and Influencial Nigerians President Buhari Cannot Touch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
My name is Aden and this post is to make every right thinking Nigerian within the ages of 18-45 angry and take their destinies into their hands. I have close to 2000 friends on Facebook and without an iota of doubt over 90% of you reading this are Nigerians. You also have your own friends, they have their own friends so that’s just what you and I need to achieve this. It does not matter your geographical location once you are a Nigerian you will always be a Nigerian. The time to take our future into our young hands is now. We have all what it takes to make this happen. We don’t need money to do this but the internet which is the most powerful weapon ever invented by man.
Remember the last election; power changed hands in Nigeria and aside the billions spent in campaign, the major tool used by the then opposition to get to the seat of power was the internet. So you now see that we have this tool in our hands already?
What will it take for a young first degree, Msc or a PhD holder within the age range of 30-45 years, very intelligent, pragmatic, patriotic and sane young man or woman to rule this beautiful nation called Nigeria? It takes just you and your friends reading this? We have to make history that will be worth being thought in western schools long after we are gone. We already are making history all over the world though not in a good light most times.
We were told children are the leaders of tomorrow but tomorrow refused to come and 40 years isn’t even far from me and you reading this anymore. A house that is built for rent is never built with the tenant in mind and with compassion hence the shabby finishing. But the same landlord will build his personal house with so much details to the letter cos he will live in the house and wouldn’t want the house to collapse on his head. Same goes to our old parents who have been forcing themselves on us as leaders due to the fact that we the youths chose to take the back stage or are lazy. An old leader will just do his time in office without putting in much efforts to develop his country because he knows his or her time will be up soon on earth. Now a young leader of the age range of 30-45 years knows that his time on earth is still relatively long so will strive to develop his country and leave it better as he or she will partake in the good he/she brings.
All over the world there are young leaders that are leading their countries in the right direction. The latest example is france’s Emmanuel Macron who is just 40 and I am very sure we have like a million Macrons in Nigeria of today. It happened in France it can happen in Nigeria too. There are other countries with such young minds as presidents.
Do you know that there are more youths in Nigeria than the elderly? We have a higher percentage of 18-45 years old Nigerians than any other age range so we can shift the power play if we want to. Let us start the shifting process now. 2019 is very close. If all Nigerian youths vote for a youth, we will have a youth as the next president. Enough of 5 very old men deciding who leads over a 100 million bright intelligent minds. You can do it. I can do it. We can do it. Thank you for reading this. Rebroadcast till all the youths in Nigeria reads this.
#30-45yearsOldforPresident2019#

cc: lalasticlala.
Mynd44
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by dodelight(m): 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by azimibraun: 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
Visit Kogi state, come back and let's talk.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2017
azimibraun:

Efficiency is never 100% but does not mean we should not strive for efficiency. Yahaya Belo is jus one person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
azimibraun:
yea kogi state, 1 example out of how many? are the other states doing better? do we continue in mediocrity because of 1 bad example?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by azimibraun: 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
MARSONE:

Efficiency is never 100% but does not mean we should not strive for efficiency. Yahaya Belo is jus one person.
. I don't know how old you are but am glad you have this passion in you and it could do a great deal of good if society properly take advantage of it. I am not scoring you for trying to put a cap or ceiling on the age of who we elect as the next president of this great country. On that I must say you are very very wrong. Voting for a 74 year old Man was the best thing that happened to this country and I will tell you why. But before then let me tell you what am impressed about your post. I am fascinated by your " Participation" the fact that you didn't just stand by the sidelines and watch but tried doing something. Now let me go back to the age thing and voting Buhari at 74.

Firsty, We are running a constitutional democracy.

Secondly, Buhari or any 70 or 90yrs old contesting an election does not stop a young man at 40 from running; hope you know that?

Thirdly, and that takes me to voting for PMB beign the best thing to have happend to our electioneering as a people. If I may ask, do you know what is called " Do or Die" and the disaster it brings with it?

When a generation of young men are coming up and they are approaching 40" your ceiling" and some see that others stand a better chance than them in becoming president, that's when you see the struggle for leadership take a violent and bitter dimension. As it is, with Buhari's election aspiring citizens now know if you don't get power at 40, you can still get it at 60 and beyond and you won't have to kill all 40year olds becouse you fill by the time your age mate get two term, you will be 48 and almost out of contention becouse you wll be facin 50 by then. I get your point and I want you to get mine. 48 is still a good age but " your celing says 40" but am not using it against you.

No doubt what youthfulness can bring, fresh ideas, vigour, swag, energy, modernity, vision etc.. but you can't sacrifice freedom, hope and participation on the altar of age and youthfulness.

On the issue of Kogi state I didn't mention Mr Yahaya Bello. I only said Kogi state and what I meant is this. Kogi is govern by a group of young Men not just one and there is nothing to show. That means the Governor plus plenty other young people.

I hope your 2000+ pals read my post too.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Sunshyne200(m): 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
You are totally wrong about the writers perspective and intend, the writer wanted us to know these ;
1. We hold a higher number of votes.
2. Since independence, Nigeria has being ruled by 55+ and nothing to show for it.
3. Encouraged youthful participation, and not selection of successors.
And many more.

I think I totally agree with the writer, and if we have had the old goons damage the economy, not because of lack of ideas, but lack of MODERN day ideas, then the youths should brace up and take over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by nabiz(m): 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2017
the problem of nigeria is not mainly age issue but poor system. if nigeria build a good system even a mad man will perform. i think national and senate has a lot of work to do

1 Like

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=azimibraun post=57192849]. I don't know how old you are but am glad you have this passion in you and it could do a great deal of good if society properly take advantage of it. I am not scoring you for trying to put a cap or ceiling on the age of who we elect as the next president of this great country. On that I must say you are very very wrong. Voting for a 74 year old Man was the best thing that happened to this country and I will tell you why. But before then let me tell you what am impressed about your post. I am fascinated by your " Participation" the fact that you didn't just stand by the sidelines and watch but tried doing something. Now let me go back to the age thing and voting Buhari at 74.

Firsty, We are running a constitutional democracy.

Secondly, Buhari or any 70 or 90yrs old contesting an election does not stop a young man at 40 from running; hope you know that?

Thirdly, and that takes me to voting for PMB beign the best thing to have happend to our electioneering as a people. If I may ask, do you know what is called " Do or Die" and the disaster it brings with it?

When a generation of young men are coming up and they are approaching 40" your ceiling" and some see that others stand a better chance than them in becoming president, that's when you see the struggle for leadership take a violent and bitter dimension. As it is, with Buhari's election aspiring citizens now know if you don't get power at 40, you can still get it at 60 and beyond and you won't have to kill all 40year olds becouse you fill by the time your age mate get two term, you will be 48 and almost out of contention becouse you wll be facin 50 by then. I get your point and I want you to get mine. 48 is still a good age but " your celing says 40" but am not using it against you.

No doubt what youthfulness can bring, fresh ideas, vigour, swag, energy, modernity, vision etc.. but you can't sacrifice freedom, hope and participation on the altar of age and youthfulness.

On the issue of Kogi state I didn't mention Mr Yahaya Bello. I only said Kogi state and what I meant is this. Kogi is govern by a group of young Men not just one and there is nothing to show. That means the Governor plus plenty other young people.

I hope your 2000+ pals read my post too.[\ quote]

I will reply
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
Well well well!! I understand your stand and on the age side I am very young and intelligent. Western schooled as well. Have travelled far and wide to know that Nigeria is a big joke. We have recycled leaders and it's become a stagnant water with no where to flow to. We keep doing the same things and expect a different result which is a big shame.
I work in the oil and gas sector of our dear nation. We export gas 98% of the produce and steal the money. This has been on going. This same gas that we export, the people who buy the gas at $10M per NLNG ship delivery, use the same gas to power their nations but do we have power in Nigeria? You answer that in your closet.

You said Buhari is the best thing that happened to Nigeria. Let me shy away from proving you wrong as you may be aloof of why is actually going on in Nigeria.

Let me give you an example of how your government's approach;

Was asked how to fix the recession and I gave an analogy of what happens at sea say 50 feet down below the sea level. From a marine engineer's point of view.

if you have two generators A and B, A is running and supplying you power. B isn't running and it will take you about 2 hours to run B  before it starts supplying power. common sense will tell you that you will have to start generator B and parallel it with generator A on the switch board and confirm that B runs fine before you take off A from the switch board. But since Buhari and his men are so full of wisdom, they chose to put off generator A and are about to start generator B but they dont even know how to start generator B. So that interval of waiting for generator B = recession in Nigeria. An import dependent country stops importation and free circulation of the dollar and they expect the economy to run? its not possible. That's your Buhari in action my dear. 

2 Likes

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Gravas(m): 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
It is possible! Am in full support of it. We can make it happen.

1 Like

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Gravas(m): 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
ztapi:

yea kogi state, 1 example out of how many? are the other states doing better? do we continue in mediocrity because of 1 bad example?

Weldone.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2017
Gravas:

Weldone.

We need people like you in their 1000s to drive home the youth agenda for the youths.
The youths have a larger stake and should be allowed to lead themselves. The time s now as we have been short changed for too long.

#30-45forNigerinaspresident2019#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Gravas(m): 3:07am On Jun 05, 2017
MARSONE:

We need people like you in their 1000s to drive home the youth agenda for the youths.
The youths have a larger stake and should be allowed to lead themselves. The time s now as we have been short changed for too long. #30-45forNigerinaspresident2019#

I hv bn making a case for youths' involvement/participation in politics. Bt u know what? The response frm those around me usually sends a chilling shock down my spinal cord. They ar of d view dat, politics is such a dirty/dangerous game they can't get into it, at least for now. Their long term plan is to get job, raise a family, become financially established, etc. The idea of politics is after retirement when they ar 60 or 70.
They ar nt jst ready! Infact, they ar afraid. You hv correctly stated dat, the old men in politics ar behaving anyhow bc they hv nothing at stake! The analogy of landlord is quite fitting. As youths, our future is at stake! Let's take up our destiny. This shud b a mandate. Am with u.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 3:21am On Jun 05, 2017
Gravas:

I hv bn making a case for youths' involvement/participation in politics. Bt u know what? The response frm those around me usually sends a chilling shock down my spinal cord. They ar of d view dat, politics is such a dirty/dangerous game they can't get into it, at least for now. Their long term plan is to get job, raise a family, become financially established, etc. The idea of politics is after retirement when they ar 60 or 70.
They ar nt jst ready! Infact, they ar afraid. You hv correctly stated dat, the old men in politics ar behaving anyhow bc they hv nothing at stake! The analogy of landlord is quite fitting. As youths, our future is at stake! Let's take up our destiny. This shud b a mandate. Am with u.

My dear it gives me so much joy to see that there are people with the mindset of a better Nigeria like yourself. Many youths in Nigeria have settled for what we call the recurrent lie. ''a lie often told settles as truth to the victim (receiver). If it is possible to send man to the moon then its possible to have a 30-45 years old Nigerian president in 2019. The movement has started.

When it happens in Nigeria, other African countries will follow suit. that is the dream.

1 Like

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Gravas(m): 3:43am On Jun 05, 2017
MARSONE:

My dear it gives me so much joy to see that there are people with the mindset of a better Nigeria like yourself. Many youths in Nigeria have settled for what we call the recurrent lie. ''a lie often told settles as truth to the victim (receiver). If it is possible to send man to the moon then its possible to have a 30-45 years old Nigerian president in 2019. The movement has started.

When it happens in Nigeria, other African countries will follow suit. that is the dream.

Am happy u hv raised this issue. Just take a little time and check my posts on my profile. Am intending to raise up this very issue. I even stated in one of my posts on another thread. It is a wonderful coincidence that young, vibrant, articulate and scientific minds are thinking the same thoughts. The wind of change started in 2015 in this country but nt many seem to realize. People wl b shocked come 2019. Am optimistic and enthusiastic abt this issue.
Pls, i need to connect wt u.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 4:11am On Jun 05, 2017
Gravas:

Am happy u hv raised this issue. Just take a little time and check my posts on my profile. Am intending to raise up this very issue. I even stated in one of my posts on another thread. It is a wonderful coincidence that young, vibrant, articulate and scientific minds are thinking the same thoughts. The wind of change started in 2015 in this country but nt many seem to realize. People wl b shocked come 2019. Am optimistic and enthusiastic abt this issue.
Pls, i need to connect wt u.

surely we will connect in real time bro. the burning desire to change this nation is long over due. We really do not need them (old recycled leaders) they need us. We have the numbers and technical know how. When we increase this momentum from now till 2019, there will surely be a paradigm shift in Nigeria then Africa.,

1 Like

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Gravas(m): 4:42am On Jun 05, 2017
MARSONE:

surely we will connect in real time bro. the burning desire to change this nation is long over due. We really do not need them (old recycled leaders) they need us. We have the numbers and technical know how. When we increase this momentum from now till 2019, there will surely be a paradigm shift in Nigeria then Africa.,

I hv bn awake throughout this night. Thinking about Nigeria project. There is just no sleep in my eyes. Am seriously worried about issues in our country. Things have to change. It is our duty to bring about desirable changes.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 5:55am On Jun 05, 2017
Gravas:

I hv bn awake throughout this night. Thinking about Nigeria project. There is just no sleep in my eyes. Am seriously worried about issues in our country. Things have to change. It is our duty to bring about desirable changes.

very correct my bro, its our civic responsibility to stand for what we believe if not soon there will be no center to hold anymore. We all cant run away from our motherland.

They have the money we have the numbers and numbers bring about the desired results in politics. With the internet, we can do the undo and install a youth of our choice fresh from the streets.

Nigerian youths are too conscious of life and afraid of dying where as the conditions some youths are faced with daily are almost close to death.

When money is given in exchange for votes, then the voter has sold his birthright and stands on no moral ground to demand for the dividends of democracy. We should vote because we are convinced that our person (youth) can deliver and move us forward.

1 Like

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by jamace(m): 6:44am On Jun 05, 2017
Those castigating gov Yahaya Bello of Kogi State are dong so in absolute ignorance of the rot in the state before he came on board.
Kogi State was in the hands of political looters who see the resources​ in the state as personal gifts​. The workforce was overloaded with idle political jobbers.

For those saying the staff screening in the state took too long, it was the uncooperative attitude of the civil servants supported by their political Godfathers who caused it. The story of how Yahaya Bello came to power is known to all.

The civil servants and their political Godfathers never took Bello serious. Some said he was a tenant and visitor to the govt house and was going to be kicked out. Court cases against gov Bello lasted for almost a year. Most of the civil servants claimed that Bello's​ screening exercise was not gong to succeed because previous Govs attempted the screening and failed. They called Gov Bello a "small boy" meanwhile Bello was 40 years old at the time of becoming the governor.

The civil servants rejected the chairman of the screening committee appointed by GYB because within 2 months that chairman has done the initial screening and produced the names of defaulting workers and requested the defaulting workers who were not satisfied with the initial report to come for further screening. Most of the workers seeing that their sins have been discovered cried foul and demanded that the chairman be removed and truly GYB trying to be a democratic governor removed the chairman not knowing that it was a grand​ plan by the civil servants to frustrate the exercise.

Because of the determination of the civil servants to frustrate the exercise, GYB brought in external Committee from the Administrative Staff College of Nigeria to conclude the exercise.

In summary, most politicians do not want Bello even til date and making every effort to frustrate him. Gov Bello is moving the state forward. 98 percent of genuine workers have been paid their salaries up-to-date. Those saying Bello is not working are Pull Him Down elements. Note that in Nigeria, when you fight corruption, corruption will vehemently fight back.

The youths are the hope of TRUE LEADERSHIP​ for Nigeria.
Thanks.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by ehinmowo: 6:53am On Jun 05, 2017
d youths need a democratic revolution. It starts by forming a formidable party
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by PDPGuy: 7:26am On Jun 05, 2017
As laudable as the OP's goal is, having a president who is younger than 45 will require a constitutional amendment.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 7:35am On Jun 05, 2017
ehinmowo:
d youths need a democratic revolution. It starts by forming a formidable party

You are very correct. Trust me on this a party solely for the youths is underway. We must have a young president in 2019. Nothing can stop us. The party will be sponsored by the Nigerian youths on the streets not political godfathers or the so called king makers or president makers. We either stand for something or keep falling for everything.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Repairnigeria(m): 7:38am On Jun 05, 2017
we need truth in Nigeria 4 things to work well
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Gravas(m): 7:41am On Jun 05, 2017
PDPGuy:
As laudable as the OP's goal is, having a president who is younger than 45 will require a constitutional amendment.

Can you quote the relevant section of the Constitution? I would like to confirm.

1 Like

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2017
Gravas:

Can you quote the relevant section of the Constitutim? I would like to confirm.

The age was 35 years but as at June last year, the reading to bring it further down to 30 passed its second phase so my good friend we can achieve this goal. Enough is enough. Let's make history you and I.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by PDPGuy: 7:49am On Jun 05, 2017
Gravas:

Can you quote the relevant section of the Constitutim? I would like to confirm.
Its section 131(b).
I made a mistake with regard to the minimum age. Actually, it says a person must have attained the age of 40 in order to run for the office.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 8:03am On Jun 05, 2017
PDPGuy:

Its section 131(b).
I made a mistake with regard to the minimum age. Actually, it says a person must have attained the age of 40 in order to run for the office.

We can make do with a 40 years old intelligent president which will be way better than what we have had over the years and I am pretty sure that before 2019, it will be brought down to 30 years. God will see us through in this our divine self determination to rule ourselves amen.

1 Like

Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2017
nice idea
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Gravas(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2017
PDPGuy:

Its section 131(b).

Thanks.
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by Gravas(m): 8:21am On Jun 05, 2017
MARSONE:

We can make do with a 40 years old intelligent president which will be way better than what we have had over the years and I am pretty sure that before 2019, it will be brought down to 30 years. God will see us through in this our divine self determination to rule ourselves amen.

Great thinking. Now this is what is called positive thinking. Can i send u pm?
Re: 30-45 For Nigerians President 2019 by MARSONE: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2017
Gravas:

Great thinking. Now this is what is called positive thinking. Can i send u pm?

Sure you can send me a pm. Why not!.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Hangsout Wit James Ibori As He Attend Orji Uzor Kalu's Daughter's Wedding / Yar Adua Was A Failed President, Stop Rewriting History / China Will Wipeout Africa! They Want Your Land Without You On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.