Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji (30734 Views)

Gabrielle Union Vs Genevieve Nnaji / Ini Edo Vs Genevieve Nnaji / Stephanie Okereke Vs. Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by BabyCakes(f): 1:36am On Dec 13, 2005
I think Bimbo is a better actress than Genevieve!!! I am not talking about Lux or singing, I am talking about acting. In home videos, on stage and in other languages!! You have to be able to act in more than one kind of movie and Bimbo can act on stage, in yoruba films and she has a fantastic voice!!! Judge wisely!!
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Advin(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2005
C'mon Babycakes.
This is a very unfair topic. You know virtually everybody'll go for Genny. Bimbo is not to be compared to her. The difference is clear.
Genny is better than Bimbo; anyday, anytime.
Advin.

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by chimanu2000(m): 8:50am On Dec 13, 2005
i actually agree with advinchi about this topic being unfair but disagree as regards to whom. Bimbo Akintola is a far better actress the Genieve would ever be. Shes a pro who has shown she can match any rola and can face whatever challenges .Geni is alright but gets her props by just being pretty acting wise she doesnt hold a candle to Bimbo
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Seun(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2005
Who is Bimbo Akintola? Why not create a new thread introducing Bimbo Akintola and post her pictures there so the rest of us will be able to see/recognize her and participate in this debate? I'm looking forward to that wink
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by layi(m): 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2005
I'll pick Bimbo Akintola without batting an eyelid

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by FOD(m): 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2005
Bimbo for sure kiss She acts better to me too...Besides, she's gat great attack and defense... wink

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by queen2(f): 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2005
Bimbo is active too, but not as active as Genevieve
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Oracle(m): 3:11am On Dec 14, 2005
Advinchi:

C'mon Babycakes.
This is a very unfair topic. You know virtually everybody'll go for Genny. Bimbo is not to be compared to her. The difference is clear.
Genny is better than Bimbo; anyday, anytime.
Advin.
Advin u think Jenny's better coz evryone goes for her
but baby cakes is right  bimbo is better
she can be emotional, harsh, cool, hot, crazy even stupid in movies
but jenny is always the good girl or some crazy pain in the ass
believe it or not BIMBO RULES.

2 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Advin(m): 5:16am On Dec 14, 2005
Hey,
Babycakes, did you bring up this topic in terms of beauty or skill b/cos what I wrote was in terms of beauty.We all know that Genny has what it takes to outclass Bimbo facially, but of their skill, I can't really say b/cos I haven't watched a nigerian movie for long.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by loretta(f): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2005
I believe and I know that Bimbo is far better than Genevieve. Bimbo has been in the game for like say 5years b4 Genevieve. She can act on stage, act yoruba movies and all that. Genevieve is being used b'cos she is beautiful. Am not saying Bimbo is not beautiful is just that Genny has the right pysique.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Desola(f): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2005
Is there really a debate here? Of course Bimbo is a far better actress! She's got poise, carriage, drama and can interprete just about any role. Gene is very monotonous. She's either playing the part of a bitch, a spoilt brat or a love role. Now, get her to play the role of a widow who had to endure the torture of her inlaws and don't forget to make her shave her hair off. If in doubt, go and see the mourning after and compare it to her role in 'Out of bounds' - then come back and do your comparison. You will be left GOBSMACKED!

Genny is marketable while Bimbo is a pure class act!

3 Likes

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by FOD(m): 11:59am On Dec 14, 2005
@Desola...You sure watch nigerian movies. The role Bimbo played in "The Mourning After" was exceptional. I give it to her, again.

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by sweetnini(f): 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2005
i dont know who bimbo is but i pick her cos i dont really like genevieve
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by queen2(f): 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2005
In terms of beauty, this is not cheating, Genevieve wins, even in terms of talent genny is active
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by FOD(m): 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2005
In terms of attack and defense, Bimbo wins, even in talent tongue
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by BabyCakes(f): 12:05am On Dec 15, 2005
I think its a good thing dat people realise that when it comes to acting, all dat glitters may just be kpanda! I have absolutely nothing against Genevieve, but I just think she is over hyper joo! angry
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Oracle(m): 3:42am On Dec 16, 2005
The long and short of the story is that
Bimbo is Better
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by ozi(f): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2005
BIMBO IS VERY POSH.

SHE ROCKS!!!
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by naana(f): 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2006
Bimbo wins hands down. Check this out.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/content/view/2157/134
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by queen2(f): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2006
Wow! thats fantabulous, Welldone Bimbo
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by naana(f): 11:10am On Jan 11, 2006
Queen 2, she's good, i agree. She has good diction too. I reallt like her.
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by aafricana1(f): 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2006
wetin dey everyone, bimbo, is the 1 here, she is an all rounder, someone who can act all sorts of emotions, she brings every character to life. i especially like it when she features in yoruba movies, she truly shines. shes a rare diamond.. Dont only vote on looks alone. becauss sure genevive is gorgeous but can she really deliver emotional scenes. most people just look @ her and say ahhhhhhhh genny is sooooooooooo pretty forgetting that its all about skills.
im rambling now. note that im not hating on genny shes great but in this instance bimbo stands out. + i think im biased cos shes yoruba. but who cares,lol
take care peeps
Bleep
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by som1: 6:40pm On Jan 13, 2006
bimbo rules............anyday smiley
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by WesleyanA(f): 11:47pm On Jan 14, 2006
i love bimbo. she acts good and pretty actually
esp. in "Out of Bounds" i know that movie is old but it was really great.
RMD's great too.

genny, i don't know. i don't think she's that much of a good actress (i think she actually sings better than she acts) she's pretty though. and OVERRATED!!
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 16, 2006
i dont really know bimbo , i dont think ive seen any of her movies

genevieve is very overrated but she can act
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by queen2(f): 12:20am On Jan 16, 2006
I can't wait to see the new nollywood movie titled 30DAYS, starring chet anekwe, genevive, segun arinze, joke silver and more.

here's the site for the review

http://www.30daysthemovie.com/
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by papermoon(f): 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2006
cry
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by grass: 3:22pm On Jan 23, 2006
Bimbo is simply da BEST!
sweetnini:

i don't know who bimbo is but i pick her because i don't really like genevieve
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by AfricanQueen(f): 4:40am On Jan 25, 2006
My vote goes to Genevieve, sorry Bimbo fans
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by perdurabo: 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2006
I guess i feel that genevieve is the better actress, seeing as she is certainly more versatile with handling various characters. Bimbo is good but there are certain roles she plays better than others. Genevieve also has a far wider range of body language than does Bimbo - Perdurabo
Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by ghinikha(f): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2006
I will take Bimbo anytime, anyday. The only advantage I feel Genevieve has over her is not having extra flesh on her body. Apart from that, Bimbo is beautiful, seductive and a very good actress.

Have you really makeout time to watch Genevieve when she is acting, she always have this detatched look on her ("let me get over with") kind of look. It is so unreal But with Bimbo, it is always so natural

1 Like

Re: Bimbo Akintola vs Genevieve Nnaji by amamellow: 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2006
bimbo Akintola is a screen goddess, the lady can act and she has talents , she is in a class of her own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anita Joseph Buries Her Late Father In Anambra (Photos) / Frank Artus With His Daughters And Son In Family Photos / "I Wasn't Shading Tonto Dikeh" - Malivelihood Replies critics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.