Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria (35303 Views)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
morpheus24:

I would have recommended Abuja to you since the pace of life is slower and a little more organized but it seems you already have first had knowledge of Lagos life.

A caveat though about life in lagos, long term the craziness of can get exhausting after a while and begin to get bothersome and more complex as you get older so always keep your options open. South Africa is not far from Nigeria so I advice you always visit home and touch base with your family as often as you can. SA's are very tight knit with family and they do not move far away from each other as opposed to Nigerians who are encouraged to go as far as their wits can take them anywhere round the world

True true.
And yes, living in Lagos doesn't mean I won't visit home. I won't be abandoning my family and all. It's just time I spread my wings and settle (if for a couple of years) elsewhere. And Nigeria won't be the last, the world is a beeeg beeeg place. So many places to make home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2017
JennyOfOldstones:
@Afrikanbabe. Someone here mentioned contacting the Linda Ikeji Media Group. Linda is the most popular blogger in Nigeria and she just launched a tv channel not too long ago. I think you should follow that suggestion since you specialized in communications.

On my list. Thanks very much oo
Hopefully they get back to me
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hi Zolapower,

I will contact you. Thank you

I know you are familiar with Nigeria and Nigerians but be very careful who you contact from here, I don't want to remember this thread for all wrong reasons.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
bessmanie:
What qualifications do you have? That's a key thing for you to get a job here. You may also contact SA companies in Nigeria to see if vacancies exist

BA in Communications
Thanks dear
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by morpheus24: 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
justwise:

I know you are familiar with Nigeria and Nigerians but be very careful who you contact from here, I don't want to remember this thread for all wrong reasons.

Good luck.

@ Justwise

Stop deleting threads that do not break any of the rules of the forum.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
morpheus24:

@ Justwise

Stop deleting threads that do not break any of the rules of the forum.

Stick to the topic of this thread and stop derailing it by engaging in unrelated issues
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by morpheus24: 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
justwise:

Stick to the topic of this thread and stop derailing it by engaging in unrelated issues

"unrelated issues"?
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by judgedredd22(m): 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

Some day tongue I heard it's very hot though. A friend of mine visited with her man about 3 years ago & she said the humidity was too much, it was unbearable. Which time of the year isn't too hot?

do not worry milady!! when i come down south, you can come back to nigeria with me if you want (but that will be after that hefty welcome party for me, as discussed earlier! grin grin grin ). you can stay for a month and check out the terrain for yourself dear!

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Bishop(m): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Hello @Pidgin2

I appreciate your response and advice.
I've been applying at Nigerian based companies and slowly but surely.

I have also searched jobberman, ngcareers, and google like no other. I'll search through Nigeria Galleria as well, thanks.

I believe it will work out. I've been praying

Try LinkedIn or search your specific company of interest on Twitter for employment information.

good luck

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
justwise:

Good luck.

Thanks justwise,
I'm being very careful.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe, all the best. Be careful and be law-abiding. See you around someday cool

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
lexy2014:
sweetheart u are very funny.from my conversation with d SA lady, kindly quote my "complain" and I will apologise 2u and all Nigerians. If u say usain bolt is better than Justin gatlin or real Madrid is better than juvetus, are those complaints or facts? no south African can dispute that so far super eagles is better bafana bafana cos its a fact.so would u call that a complain on their part? So madam is it a complain or a fact that some countries are better than others?

She said that there is a racial divide down there, Blacks are not often as successful as whites because the later gets most of the good opportunities

You need to be specific about the areas where South Africa is better than Nigeria but if it's in terms of racism, Nigeria is far better for all races, especially Blacks.

3 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
Milonis:
afrikanbabe, all the best. Be careful and be law-abiding. See you around someday cool

Indeed. I no want trouble oo.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Indeed. I no want trouble oo.
Thank you

Lol, there's no trouble unless you look for some- and I'm sure you can't afford that. I have a friend in Durban visiting in a few months time
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
judgedredd22:

do not worry milady!! when i come down south, you can come back to nigeria with me if you want (but that will be after that hefty welcome party for me, as discussed earlier! grin grin grin ). you can stay for a month and check out the terrain for yourself dear!

Lol, OK smiley If you were taking someone to Nigeria for the 1st time, where will you take them? By that I mean a place that embodies the true spirit of the country? Beaches, resorts etc don't count, because they're as average as trees. I'm talking uniqueness that is only synonymous with your country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) / Akwa Ibom Smart Airport Terminal Nears Completion (Pictures) / Driver Burnt As His Car Catches Fire While Transporting Gas Cylinders In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.