Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,845 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria (35296 Views)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos / Moving From Lagos To Ibadan. What Areas In Ibadan Are Best To Live And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by lexy2014: 10:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

She said that there is a racial divide down there, Blacks are not often as successful as whites because the later gets most of the good opportunities

You need to be specific about the areas where South Africa is better than Nigeria but if it's in terms of racism, Nigeria is far better for all races, especially Blacks.
if u had made this observation earlier instead of accusing me of complaining I would have granted u a response. d only thing I beg u 2do 4 me is 2 kindly quote my "complain" verbatim then I will respond 2 ur enquiries
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol, OK smiley If you were taking someone to Nigeria for the 1st time, where will you take them? By that I mean a place that embodies the true spirit of the country? Beaches, resorts etc don't count, because they're as average as trees. I'm talking uniqueness that is only synonymous with your country.

My sister there is plenty.
Think music alone. Think Fela.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by PastorAji(m): 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
wa gbayi

as someone has earlier said Lagos to me is ROUGH........VERY ROUGH
Abuja would have been a very good place (though costly a bit)

and as for the application, I know by now, your email box would have been super-full with pm's from Nairalanders
Narrow your search to NGO's in Nigeria, Search for outsourcing/employment firms in Lagos and you would see a quite number of them.....

just asking "is it our #JOLLOF_RICE that is making you to come to Naija
afrikanbabe:

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Like where? I don't listen to Nigerian music so that wouldn't do as I can always tune to channel o if I wanted to listen to music. Music aside, as someone that's been there, what would you say is the place to be? A place you'd take a family member if they visit in the future.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
PastorAji:
wa gbayi

as someone has earlier said Lagos to me is ROUGH........VERY ROUGH
Abuja would have been a very good place (though costly a bit)

and as for the application, I know by now, your email box would have been super-full with pm's from Nairalanders
Narrow your search to NGO's in Nigeria, Search for outsourcing/employment firms in Lagos and you would see a quite number of them.....

just asking "is it our #JOLLOF_RICE that is making you to come to Naija

Plenty PM's PastorAji but nothing leading me to the right direction per se. Here and there. I appreciate everyone's efforts though.

Will look up as you've suggested above.

Hahah. The jollof... I can't give my 2cents on that one oo. There's the war on which country has the best jollof rice now. So lips sealed
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

Like where? I don't listen to Nigerian music so that wouldn't do as I can always tune to channel o if I wanted to listen to music. Music aside, as someone that's been there, what would you say is the place to be? A place you'd take a family member if they visit in the future.

Sure well, Channel O doesn't play Fela's music for one. But as for places.. Nigeria is a big country so which state? Your question needs a new thread altogether. TripAdvisor can help

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by kolaaderin: 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a South African woman very interested in relocating to Lagos, Nigeria. I've lived in the country before so I'm quite familiar with the people, food and culture. I love the energy in Nigeria despite the hardships.
I would like to find out how South Africans living in Nigeria get their jobs, via international recruiters or friends or how? Also, how easy is it to organize the right papers? I am not looking to marry for green card oo... unless genuine love is concerned.

So any advice or leads, I'd really appreciate. Thank you folks

You sounds like a Nigerian. That is bold is a typical Nigerian English oooo

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Sure well, Channel O doesn't play Fela's music for one. But as for places.. Nigeria is a big country so which state? Your question needs a new thread altogether. TripAdvisor can help

OK, let me narrow it for you, what places have you enjoyed visiting in Nigeria & why? Just one or two will do.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by JAWBONE(m): 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol, OK smiley If you were taking someone to Nigeria for the 1st time, where will you take them? By that I mean a place that embodies the true spirit of the country? Beaches, resorts etc don't count, because they're as average as trees. I'm talking uniqueness that is only synonymous with your country.
Take the person to ajegunle

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by PastorAji(m): 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Plenty PM's PastorAji but nothing leading me to the right direction per se. Here and there. I appreciate everyone's efforts though.

Will look up as you've suggested above.

Hahah. The jollof... I can't give my 2cents on that one oo. There's the war on which country has the best jollof rice now. So lips sealed
lLemme try
i. Strategic Outsourcing Ltd
ii. HT Limited
iii. The Jobmag Centre
iv. Box and Cedar
v. Oscar Temple
v. and many more (too numerous to mention)

Media Outfit
i. Channels TV
ii. AIT
iii. SIlverbird

Branding Agencies in Nigeria http :// www. finelib. com/ business/ marketing-companies/ branding (remove the spaces between them)

Radio Stations (A lot)
i. Rhythm FM
ii. Cool FM
iii. INspiration FM
iv. Cool FM
v. Wazobia FM
vi. and a whole lot of others there

NGO's http:// www. nigeriagalleria. com/ Agencies_and_Organizations / NGOs. html (remove the spaces between them)

Methinks this should help

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Blinking44: 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
afrikanbabe:
Hello Nairalanders,

I am a South African woman very interested in relocating to Lagos, Nigeria. I've lived in the country before so I'm quite familiar with the people, food and culture. I love the energy in Nigeria despite the hardships.
I would like to find out how South Africans living in Nigeria get their jobs, via international recruiters or friends or how? Also, how easy is it to organize the right papers? I am not looking to marry for green card oo... unless genuine love is concerned.

My Dear,
As a woman that you re, i advice you don't come to Lagos without getting a job invite, Jobs here, damn, Those Boss would put the heat on you unless you have a cast iron alibi. Besides, There isn't enough air in the country for us all.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by madampresident(f): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
perhaps you should state what kind of job you are looking at and your qualifications, that way you could get referrals or something.You know jobs don't often come easy in Naija. Another option is to consider going into business if you are a business minded person.
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by kachiz(m): 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
Padiga:
Pls can I replace you in South Africa when you come to Nigeria?
grin grin
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by NotGej: 12:36am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:
Hello Nairalanders,

crap! you are a Nigerian claiming to be SA'can.

2 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by ponti93(m): 1:02am On Jun 06, 2017
D green card part got me lafin grin... What is green about our card... Gudluck all d same... Please as u get help in relocating to nigeria... I want to relocate to south africa... Its been my dream for a long time...
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by MduZA: 4:28am On Jun 06, 2017
ZarZar:

Where are you from in SA, you brave soul you? tongue

NO answer yet...Im also curious

3 Likes

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 4:50am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Haha Madjune.

I dey try oo, but no luck.
I get this feeling that SA'ns already in Nigeria don't want to help their country folk. So sad

Mmmm lolll

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 4:52am On Jun 06, 2017
MduZA:

Very curious myself .she must be very ready to relocate, she even writes like a Nigerian. Mmmmh interesting .

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 4:53am On Jun 06, 2017
NotGej:

crap! you are a Nigerian claiming to be SA'can.

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 06, 2017
Lagos DD buses.
LagosFestiva,

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 5:57am On Jun 06, 2017
kolaaderin:

You sounds like a Nigerian. That is bold is a typical Nigerian English oooo

Haha,
I am proudly South African Kolaaderin, born and bred

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 5:58am On Jun 06, 2017
PastorAji:

lLemme try
i. Strategic Outsourcing Ltd
ii. HT Limited
iii. The Jobmag Centre
iv. Box and Cedar
v. Oscar Temple
v. and many more (too numerous to mention)

Media Outfit
i. Channels TV
ii. AIT
iii. SIlverbird

Branding Agencies in Nigeria http :// www. finelib. com/ business/ marketing-companies/ branding (remove the spaces between them)

Radio Stations (A lot)
i. Rhythm FM
ii. Cool FM
iii. INspiration FM
iv. Cool FM
v. Wazobia FM
vi. and a whole lot of others there

NGO's http:// www. nigeriagalleria. com/ Agencies_and_Organizations / NGOs. html (remove the spaces between them)

Methinks this should help

All noted PastorAji
Thank you very much!
God bless
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 6:00am On Jun 06, 2017
madampresident:
perhaps you should state what kind of job you are looking at and your qualifications, that way you could get referrals or something.You know jobs don't often come easy in Naija. Another option is to consider going into business if you are a business minded person.

Hi madampresident
I hold a BA in Communications
Looking to work at media houses, advertising agencies, telecoms maybe (in the marketing department

Thank you
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 6:01am On Jun 06, 2017
MduZA:

I'm from the capital city, Pretoria! MduZa
Okae?
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 6:04am On Jun 06, 2017
Jayceon:
"she" does not even tell where she is from in SA

I'm good babes,you disappeared on me you!!where you been

Lol exactly, and we know "she" won't .

I was so tired yesterday couldn't even do anything . I ran the comrades marathon Sunday just for fun and I'm so proud of myself I finished at 10 pm tongue limping and regretting every moment of it grin grin

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 6:04am On Jun 06, 2017
Lionessza:

Very curious myself .she must be very ready to relocate, she even writes like a Nigerian. Mmmmh interesting .

Lionessza,

Don't worry yourself. I am South African. I write 'like a Nigerian' because I happen to know the lingo = pidgin. I've lived in Lagos before.
Chill
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 6:05am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Lionessza,

Don't worry yourself. I am South African. I write 'like a Nigerian' because I happen to know the lingo = pidgin. I've lived in Lagos before.
Chill

What language do you speak?
Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by afrikanbabe(f): 6:06am On Jun 06, 2017
Lionessza:

What language do you speak?

Ke mo Tswana

1 Like

Re: South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria by Lionessza(f): 6:08am On Jun 06, 2017
afrikanbabe:

Ke mo Tswana

Where are you from in pta?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) / Akwa Ibom Smart Airport Terminal Nears Completion (Pictures) / 2 U.S Army Helicopters Crash Within 48 Hours, Killing Soldiers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.