Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region (37501 Views)

The Total Number Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones In Nigeria / Ranking Of States By Internally Generated Revenue 2016 / Internally Generated Revenue At State Level (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Adebowale89(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
TheArchangel:
it is hitting you full force in the face, isn't it.? Why is the revenues having a downward trail as it goes further east and north? Answer. Distance.!! !! !!

but what exactly do u want to achieve with this. I guess u both should channel this your economic knowledge on your personality than engaging in needless faceless economic summit

does the high IGR in southwest make any impact in the lives of its citizen even the southeast you're trying to defend with paucity of seaports. let them get the seaports and you will see no different in the lives of his people

Nigerian youths and their unproductive defence

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by ProWalker: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
Billyonaire:

FG is at the mercy of SS Biafrans, if we hear GBIIIMMMM....Its over. We old everyone on the balls .

No be only old everyone by the balls, the thing you dey smoke is messing you up billy.

8 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by ProWalker: 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
mercyville:
Igbos believe in tales by moonlight than facts.It is so pathetic.

But we will be here to cure them from the lies Uncle chinedu and Bro Emeka go back to the villages to tell them.

7 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
Super1Star:

Stop talking like semi-illiterates.

Port Revenue goes to FG.

Are there no Ports in Onne Warri Koko etc

And the state do not have share...You are the big illiterate here.
The ports Yoruba have used their wicked and evil politics to kill..... everybody knows what is happening in this country, very soon all will be history
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Blue3k(m): 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
baridamben Add this pie chart. Numbers are cool but visuals are easier to recognize. I added percentages that will complement.

SE most likely higher but Anambra didn't report so we can't say conclusively. We only work with data we have. Like previous years other states didn't report and the data was accepted like that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Funkybabee(f): 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
Odingo1:

But why is your people mostly unity beggers,crying up and down on the net

but why are ur sisters full of Ashawo in morak here,why ur brothers keep disgracing us because of money <<<DRUG

14 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by deomelo: 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
They want biafra village, but their IGR can not even buy guguru and ekpa.. grin

What a travesty grin

17 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by ProWalker: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
Lloydfather:
This is why every Igbo men should believed that oil alone is not why Hausa & Yoruba is kicking against biafra. My brother I can clearly tell u that the land borders in those south west state was where their igr is coming from, who are those patronizing those borders ? The biafrans. The igr of Lagos is coming from no other place than import duties in fact import duties is contributing to 90% of Lagos igr, (both lands and sea borders). And who are those paying this duties? The biafrans. This is why the FG is discouraging any other sea port that will mount as challenge to Lagos port.

When they said biafra is landlocked this is what they mean, the land and sea borders is bringing more Igr than anything else and biafrans are the tools. Think my biafra brothers

Sometimes, it's better to remain silent if you are ignorant, than to talk and people see you as dumb.
What has IGR of a state got to do with Import duty that is solely collected by the Nigeria Customs on behalf of the FG?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by mercyville: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
reptile1:

How come the Igbo man is responsible for this?
THOSE PEOPLE ARE THE CHILDREN OF YOUR PEOPLE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE USUAL MENTAL PROBLEM POPULAR IN THE SOUTH EAST.
YOU MUST DRINK AGBO SO YOU DO NOT RUN MAD LIKE YOUR PEOPLE WEY POVERTY DON HAMMER... NA UNA MAD IGBOS DEY ESCAPE COME SOUTH WEST. NA WAH O.PEOPLE TOO DEY MAD FOR IGBOLAND O. THE MAD IGBOS DON FULL SOUTH WEST.
ONWUBIKO CONTINUES:This is worse than northern almajiri...

For instance, in the North East Zone, four out of 37 prisons had 20 mentally ill inmates. In the North West, they were 50, while in the South South they were 79. Also, in the South West, they were 121. Two hundred and eighty-nine were found in the South East zone, with Enugu having 136. Lunatics in Nigerian prisons are as follows; South South – 79; North East – 20; North Central – 44; South West – 121; North West – 45; and South East – 363; making a total of 672.
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/lunatics-in-nigerian-prisons-by-emmanuel-onwubiko/

8 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Mazeltovscotty(m): 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
Xano:

Nice analogy

But in your calculations, include the eefects of seaports to IGR Southwest, SouthSouth and SouthEast.
Seaports in SouthSouth and SouthEast are vastly underfunded. It is more of systematic choice by individuals and groups of highly placed stakeholders in this country. Modern facilities entitled to them are deprived of.

I was opportuned to meet three retired managers(names withheld) of SouthSouth and SouthEast who are angry at the Federal Government for intentionally withholding funds, at times delaying it.

They said, the Heads and majority of Directors are SouthWest and NorthWest, not that I'm incinerating anything tribal issue, but they were blunt the intent was there.

The volume of goods imported into Nigeria are huge, but most importer use Apapa, among others because the depth of water for their is not safe enough for them.

You all should stop these immature statements, because its been ignorant.
you are the second person I will be replying. I have refused to reply others due to the way they approached this discussion.
Actually, every nairalander is fond of dislodging any news or topics that doesnt suit his/her selfish interest. Back to the topic.
SEAPORT: everybody has been hiding under the phony false pretence of "seaport" just to justify their claim. Sir, kindly tell me how many seaports do we have in Kwara state, kogi state, Benue state, plateau state, Nasarawa state and Niger state that made the region to lick up about 54billion naira in North Central. Remove Nassarawa state from North central, you region is still beaten.
Secondly, all these IGR figures doesnt mean high standard of living of per capita income.
If you want to know a region whose IGR is a reflection of its per capita income, then we have to bring into consideration, the population of each state divided by the IGR or the aggregrate population of the region divided by the total IGR of the region.
Sir, I was fair enough in my analysis but you guys always wear life jacket when you found yourself in the ocean of truth

12 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Blue3k(m): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
Funkybabee:
who created these thread and which mod move it to FP? shey both of u don't know it will cause tribal war ,Yoruba's and Igbo's are great hens they like to fight too much.no one want to bow for others that is why this fight will keep continues until one gree for others, there is no such thing like one Nigeria

but one thing certain I know is that if we splits now southwest will not suffer because we are blessed from the beginning.

Op see wat u caused

The fact people people like maturity isn't the op's fault. The should grow up. This thread is interesting economic discussion but fact is most people don't have mental capacity for it. They are emotional tribalist.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by ProWalker: 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
deomelo:
They want biafra village, but their IGR can not even buy guguru and ekpa.. grin

What a travesty grin

You guys should be nice, it is this sort of below the belt jab that makes Igbos always avoid any IGR related thread on NL grin grin

12 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by reptile1: 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
mercyville:

THOSE PEOPLE ARE THE CHILDREN OF YOUR PEOPLE RUNNING AWAY FROM THE USUAL MENTAL PROBLEM POPULAR IN THE SOUTH EAST.
YOU MUST DRINK AGBO SO YOU DO NOT RUN MAD LIKE YOUR PEOPLE WEY POVERTY DON HAMMER... NA UNA MAD IGBOS DEY ESCAPE COME SOUTH WEST. NA WAH O.PEOPLE TOO DEY MAD FOR IGBOLAND O. THE MAD IGBOS DON FULL SOUTH WEST.
ONWUBIKO CONTINUES:This is worse than northern almajiri...

For instance, in the North East Zone, four out of 37 prisons had 20 mentally ill inmates. In the North West, they were 50, while in the South South they were 79. Also, in the South West, they were 121. Two hundred and eighty-nine were found in the South East zone, with Enugu having 136. Lunatics in Nigerian prisons are as follows; South South – 79; North East – 20; North Central – 44; South West – 121; North West – 45; and South East – 363; making a total of 672.
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/lunatics-in-nigerian-prisons-by-emmanuel-onwubiko/

Your brain dey shake? U no sabi ur brothers again with their scratched faces? In osun state u have IDP camp. How is that an Igbo mans biz? Oya gerrout before I slap your wooden face

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Babalegba(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Billyonaire:

Bullshiit. Who is talking about Igbo here, I am talking Biafra and you are talking Igbo, are you nuts ?
The bullshit is from you ,ibo is Biafra and Biafra is ibo. Nobody is fooled.Pedantics would not work here

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Mazeltovscotty(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
jinxet2000:
Believe me, Igbos made more than 50% of all the SW IGR irrespective of state. Take a trip inot these SW states and count the Igbos doing businesses in the communities and cities, you will know that mostly are Igbos. I am not trying to praise the Igbos, but I know most tribes take a toll on the Igbos in business endeavors.

and tel me, how many igbos do we have in north east that made about 54billion

8 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by ProWalker: 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
you are the second person I will be replying. I have refused to reply others due to the way they approached this discussion.
Actually, every nairalander is fond of dislodging any news or topics that doesnt suit his/her selfish interest. Back to the topic.
SEAPORT: everybody has been hiding under the phony false pretence of "seaport" just to justify their claim. Sir, kindly tell me how many seaports do we have in Kwara state, kogi state, Benue state, plateau state, Nasarawa state and Niger state that made the region to lick up about 54billion naira in North Central. Remove Nassarawa state from North central, you region is still beaten.
Secondly, all these IGR figures doesnt mean high standard of living of per capita income.
If you want to know a region whose IGR is a reflection of its per capita income, then we have to bring into consideration, the population of each state divided by the IGR or the aggregrate population of the region divided by the total IGR of the region.
Sir, I was fair enough in my analysis but you guys always wear life jacket when you found yourself in the ocean of truth

You guys should release your feet from the gas pedal, this is getting too much grin

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by phoenixthefirst(m): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yorubas are demons!
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Princedapace(m): 4:26pm On Jun 05, 2017
luxy44:

I am not one of you dear, I am not a bigot! Just felt I should correct you. Good luck

What made u think I am a bigort? Was my comment bigotry?

Someone agitating for his own nation is not a bigort..
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by deomelo: 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
AwiLand:

And the state do not have share...You are the big illiterate here.
The ports Yoruba have used their wicked and evil politics to kill..... everybody knows what is happening in this country, very soon all will be history

Do you know what determines where people ship to.? Market forces, return on investments, large consumer market and disposable income and if such elements exists in other parts of the country like your village where your own people don't even want to stay or do business in., Lagos ports wont even exist.

The government can not force or determining these factors, but business environment does.

Now, if you are sure and determined to have your own ports and have your business people do business in your villages instead of Lagos or the SW, then build your own ports and have your people move back to your villages to patronize them.

Now, on the logical and intelligent front.

Nearly all the investments entering Nigeria ends up in the SW from Lagos to Ogun and Oyo states based on certain key factors.

1. Access to market and raw materials

2. Access to large consumer base and buying power

3. Safety, security and protection of investments

4. Welcoming and conducive environment

5. Local infrastructure.

All the above factors exists in the SW and not in other parts of Nigeria so even with ports in the SE, they won't change the economic dynamics in the SE.

The SE is so mentally crippled and unable to do anything to change and turn things around simply because they have a FG dependent mentality, a situation where the society ignore their local leaders and elected officials who are not doing anything for them and focus largely on the FG as the alpha, omega and ultimate savior when in fact it should be the other way around.

While other states and governors are busy taking their hopes and future into their own hands by building their own infrastructures like airports, the so called powerful, smartest, richest and the most industrious SE can not do anything, they need the FG to brush their teeth for them, tie heir shoes for them and even spoon feed them.

The FG can not create any economic situation for you, your own governors have to formulate their own economic policies and strategies like other states have done or are doing.

Thinking and behaving like kids and invalids that must be carried like babies, spoon fed and babysit like problem and special needs children by the FG.

Ports are the least of your worries because you have other serious, social and communal factors to deal with.

15 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by oduastates: 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
Anyone who has been around knows that the South east of Nigeria is the worst place to start up from ground zero for many reasons .

Number one reason is human behaviour . Hostility or the perception of hostility. This manifest itself in many ways . The sense of freedom you get in Akwa Ibom ,rivers or cross river is simply absent or short supply. Individuals can be nice but as a society , you cannot miss the hostility.

Number two reason is the linear settlement pattern around roads . Instead of building cities and nations , they build villages and clans in a place that is limited in terms of geographical space .

Number three is the "individualism" ( selfishness) which does not help to breed an healthy society . This Manifest itself in very poor social and physical infrastructure.The political elites are also the business elites . Wealth is mistaken for leadership . This is why the region has nothing to show for Jonathan's boom years .
Where people in the SW happily if reluctantly vacate land and property for the greater good( road , bridges ,universities , in the SE , it is war)

Number four is that the colonial master were responsible for giving the igbos any semblance of civilisation . What they met in igboland was the crudest form of human civilisation. Therefore , there is nothing to build upon .
This is why they continuously vote against their own interests. The lessons of history is simply not there to draw from.

As we speak , there are about 4 industrial estates under construction in the SW and 2 industrial estates in hibernation . Those governors could have easily pocketed the money or donate wheelbarrow and buses to agberos but the people demand good governance .
If Nigeria were to be a confederation, the unemployment rate would be closer to zero. The middle class from other regions are tussling and competing for the same jobs as the SW poor.

15 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by tarano: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
Dr Muritala Olakitan Awodun and his team is doing a fantastic job on the internally generated revenue. He is the pioneer Executive Chairman of the Kwara State Internal Revenue Service. Prior to his appointment he was the pioneer Dean of the School of Business and Governance, Kwara State University, Malete.

7 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by 7lives: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
Super1Star:

Based on this, there is every possibility that the sleeping states in IGR collections too have Low-Hanging fruits they have not tapped into?

Precisely, it still boils down to those managing the revenue office of these states.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by obaaderemi: 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
TheArchangel:
you don't understand a thing and you refuse to even understand.

When the industries imports their raw materials where is it coming from?
Most traders that troop to Lagos daily where is there wares coming from.? Do you think that if there is a port in Onne, calabar, Onitsha, Lokoja that the numbers will remain same? Get an education boy.

I ain't envious of SW, not at all. I am just having a conversation. Damn it.
I understand the point you are trying to make but what is really affecting the southeast is the fact that the igbos are scattered all over the place.Even if the best port in nigeria is established in the east,ibos will still prefer to use lagos ports which ard closer to their main market,southwest and north.I was in Gusau last week and realized that most ibos don't reason like the ones on nairaland.The ibos I saw just want to make money,they don't care where.This is one thing that will continue to hold igboland back.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by kliffo(m): 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
IMO State should generate a lot more than 5 billion. I suspect under declaration. It appears it is safer to embezzle internally generated revenue.
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
Blue3k:
baridamben Add this pie chart. Numbers are cool but visuals are easier to recognize. I added percentages that will complement.

SE most likely higher but Anambra didn't report so we can't say conclusively. We only work with data we have. Like previous years other states didn't report and the data was accepted like that.

You see just 6% of the igr nation wide, We need to free this leach called iPod.

11 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by kayLion(m): 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
why cant Oyo generate more than this?..that guy has just been a disaster across all areas
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by oduastates: 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
kayLion:
why cant Oyo generate more than this?..that guy has just been a disaster across all areas

Transportation and the food sector are huge in the SW. These 2 sectors are either under taxed or the money is going into the wrong hands .
In fact , the transportation sector bigger than the commerce sector but the money goes into pockets of the "chairmen".
I heard of a motor park in Oyo state that generates billions every year but the money ends up in the wrong pockets. This is only one of many parks in that state . Also a surcharge (tax) can be applied to journey tickets .

There is a good argument for trade unions to be proscribed in the SW. From barber , Okada,vulcaniser , mechanic to road transport union . Those at the top of those unions simply exist like a Mafia cell .They pockets the dues which are forcefully taken from their members.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by vicadex07(m): 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
oxygen247:
I don't know why some people choose to cry more than the bereaved. Please allow us to go with our low IGR, to live with you is not by force.

Are you people slaves? Who is holding you back and chaining you?

When Fashola deported your people back to your land you started wailing. If you all are serious about your biafra, go back to your region... Simple

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Odogwu042(m): 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hahahahahaa Nigerians una suffer from what I call Myopismic Pettiness.
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by holybabayo(m): 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
The south west stats is based on all industries, including oil companies, having their hqtrs in Lagos. In the Niger-Delta demand for all such hqtrs to be relocated back to SS is obeyed revenue will shift.
Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
ogun state alone produces more igr than the whole southeast were the igbos come from. igbos are doomed. always crying everytime qnd everyday. ogun states igr is almost 2x se total igr. what a disgrace

7 Likes

Re: 2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
[quote author=MMMscam post=57218901][/quote]

Mother of Savagery! Bottom feeder parasite! You have bloodies so many lips today.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Reacts To The Ongoing Shiite Protest Happening In Abuja / PDP Blames Buhari For Coronavirus In Nigeria / Chinua Achebe: Why Nigerians Hate Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.