Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast (36932 Views)

Team Muslim Players Vs Team Christian Players: Who Will Win? / NFF Denies Owing Rohr And Denneby Three Months Salary / Picture Of Super Eagles Coach, Rohr And Beautiful Lady Has Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
put other players.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by kuma007(m): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
One thing should be clear. Every religion has its ways of doing things just like we have different in cultures. It is absolutely wrong for an adherent of one religion to judge other religions based on his own religious standards and dictates. I have heard Christians say they are allowed to drink water while fasting to prevent dehydration. To muslims, that would look strange, but the point is, their religion allows it. If we understand things like this, it would be good for all.
I have noting to say tongue tongue tongue

BUT y do Muslims eat as early as 5am in the morning and still say they are fasting

is just a question pls don't be offended

We are one[/quote]
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
jamislaw:
if that is what that has been incorporated into your brain let me tell you we don't believe in Gay.
Somebody married a 6 years old girl and you don't think he its Pedophile
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by trojanclench: 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
naijajobx:
its not by force.chase the muslim players away. afterall they don't practice what they preach.evil everywhere

may God forgive you my brother.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Habeebsalisu1(m): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

BUT y do Muslims eat as early as 5am in the morning and still say they are fasting

sister thank God you said we shouldn't be offended but still our its our Faith you got to respect that

We are one
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Shafiiimran99: 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Papiikush:

What if I only comment early in the morning and 7pm will it still be fasting? cheesy
Ya, it is. Like i said, it depends on terms and conditions u re to fulfil
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by jomoh: 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

Really ....is Ok actually

u know we Christians do it in a hard way

I know but is there any command in the bible that describe when to start and when to stop fasting.

Also are there any guidelines to it.

We Muslims don't just do things without command from God.

If you see a Muslim doing something bad, you should ask these questions

Ask other Muslims(more than 3 muslims) around what Islam (Islam not their personal opinion) says about the situation.

We are one depending on your view of being one?

I am a christian(Christ like) if being a christian is believing and following the teachings and message of Christ but I am not a Christian if being a christian involves believing Christ is child of God or even God.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Spidermon: 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2017
Super eagles on a normal day play like say dem no dey chop come field...

So nothing concern me

3 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one

well Muslim fasting is about endurance and patience ..
not eating btw 5am to 7pm is a thing at a lot of people can't do on an actual day .
not eating btw that period of time increase ur spirituality ,
u will learn to know that there are a lot of people living with nothing to eat compare to u having three square meal daily
with that u can reflect on life, reach out to d poor, pray and give alms (thatz y itz called d holy month)

Note: fasting isn't just abstaining from food alone but trying as much to purify ur thoughts , wat u see, wat u listen to, wat u do daily and reaching out to needy and above all Sharing wat u av (and that's d reason u see Muslim breaking their fasting together in congregation )

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by excanny: 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
Afam4eva:
I think the Muslim players that want to observe the fast should be excused from the national team till after Ramadan.

Ahmed Musa is an important player for now. He must be started at all means.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by jamislaw(m): 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kathmandu:
Somebody married a 6 years old girl and you don't think he its Pedophile
get your facts right and stop repeating what your pastors ( Yahoo Yahoo boys) embedded in your brain.
Incase you mention me again i will reply later because my praying break is over.

2 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one
That's their of fasting and it's totally different from other religious folk
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by RisMas(m): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one
Fasting is not all about going hungry, its all about adhering to how Allah admonished muslims to do it. In islam, we arent guided our own ways of doing things, we are guided by Quran and Ways of life of our Prophet. (SAW)

2 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
slawomir:
common!!!
the match is important than fasting na
they can fast a hundred times in their life time
That's their religious belief and should be respected. I blame the coach for not having a replacement
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by afeezzezo: 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

We have Muslim players in Real Madrid who played the champions league finals even though they were in Ramadan

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

You want to disobey your boss to obey your God ??

They don't deserve to play for Nigeria again

Paul Pogba will never act like that even though he's a Muslim

Mesut ozil who is a Muslim will never act like that

If you can't do what your coach tells you, you can employ yourself and do as you like

Buhari will not disobey his doctors if they tell him to eat every minute of the day during Ramadan

Whos this one ?
Whats this one saying ?
This one no dey watch ball
Oshhii

2 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by RonJeremy: 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
Everything Muslim must have K-leg.....
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by RisMas(m): 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2017
Papiikush:
lol, you say you are fasting but you eat first thing in the morning and once it's 7pm you rush to the kitchen. Na only lunch you no chop but you go still complain say fasting tough grin

Abeg who is fooling who? grin
Bro, there is different between Fasting & Hunger strike sir undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

We have Muslim players in Real Madrid who played the champions league finals even though they were in Ramadan

If you can't do what your coach tells you, you can employ yourself and do as you like

Buhari will not disobey his doctors if they tell him to eat every minute of the day during Ramadan
get out oga

bcus ozil and benzema and co didn't fast , does that means they are better Muslims?
itz their choice to fast
beside Ramadan is a compulsory month .... 30days out of 365 days in a year , just to fast by obeying God's command shouldn't be hard for any Muslim to observe

itz a matter of their beliefs ?
learn to respect other peoples 's faith

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by jomoh: 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
WotzupNG:
Are you waiting for the day they someone will collapse before you know that fasting and engaging in strenous exercises is bad?

Africans are always stupidly reactive instead of being proactive.

If it is about we Africans then are those names I meantioned Africans?

Medical analysis supports the fact that fasting makes you healthier.

Naturally footballers are advised not to eat within minimum of 2 hours before a match.

Footballers do heavy training a in the morning and they do not eat before the go for training. The last time they would have eaten would most likely be before 7pm the previous night (a very lite food). Now tell me how many hours are there between 7pm and 9am to 9:30am the end of early morning heavy training.

Some people can go all day without eating.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
Papiikush:
lol, you say you are fasting but you eat first thing in the morning and once it's 7pm you rush to the kitchen. Na only lunch you no chop but you go still complain say fasting tough grin

Abeg who is fooling who? grin
and hu told u say fasting is just all about eating alone ..
beside kuku go and try the "not to eat from 5am till 7pm for 30days and see if itz easy or not
and there are a lot attached to Islamic fasting , : abstainace from food, sex, idol and foul talk , controlling ur minds and and so on with more focus on alms giving and prayer .
the not eating aspect is just for spirituality and endurance

illiteracy is not only in western education but also in religious education, go read about other peoples' faith before condemning it
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by sweetgala(m): 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one

It is a fast from dawn till dusk, the length of the fast is based on the rise and fall of the sun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by maverickdude(m): 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
Adeoba10:

What time was the match?
make i answer for im.. 7:45pm after breaking their fast
Saudi arabia u-20 football team played on 31/05 against uruguay...5pm local time in Korea republic
Why dem no complain?
Abi all members of the team didn't fast that day?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Ramlay(m): 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kathmandu:
Is that all? Those are your reasons but mine is just one.

I don't believe in Pedophiles grin grin grin and they disgust me
Bro pls dont be offended are u running out of idea?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by sweetgala(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

They didn't refuse to play, they have decided to observe their fast. If they are able to play while fasting that's good.

What can be done is for the individual to skip fast on the match day and then payback the missed days at a later date.

I try to be a better Christian myself so I would never chastise another individual for the obedience and sacrifice in observing fast or lent or any other religious act

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by ozimec(m): 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

Bros, religion is no scam, if you make yours scam so be it. We don't need to question peoples believe as long as it does not infringe on other people s right. My religion is not scam.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

too many illiterates here. None of the world class player that's a Muslim is not fasting now and are not given special treatment because of fasting.

Go and read what happened between maurinho and Sule muktari of Ghana then when he was playing for inter. Get your facts right and stop lying.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by ozimec(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
sweetgala:

They didn't refuse to play, they have decided to observe their fast. If they are able to play while fasting that's good.

What can be done is for the individual to skip fast on the match day and then payback the missed days at a later date.

I try to be a better Christian myself so I would never chastise another individual for the obedience and sacrifice in observing fast or lent or any other religious act

God bless you my dear. We all have our religions and believe. I cherish mine and respect other people's own as well.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Kakamorufu(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
mapet:

I am Christian......and I will try to answer you question with another question.

Why are you trying to define Muslim fast from another lens
I just tire. they always ask me that same question. dumb one IMO
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by cornelin(m): 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
meanwhile Waiting for 7pm Hunger is a bastard

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar where Muslims all over the world fast from dawn to dusk for 29 or 30 days. Beyond not eating and drinking during this period, Muslims also abstain from sexual activities during the day while also dedicating a large amount of time to praying and reading of the Holy Quran as a way of getting closer to Almighty Allah.

For a lot of Muslims, Ramadan provides the perfect period for closer reflection and engaging in activities to please Allah. Actions that can invalidate fasting are completely avoided as it is believed that engaging in sinful acts can render the fasting void. During this period also, a lot of Muslims engage in alms giving or providing food for their friends and neighbours.

Why do Muslims fast?

Sawm or fasting is one of the pillars of Islam making it one of the most compulsory activities that Allah enjoins Muslims to do. This is contained in the Holy Qur’an, Suratul Bakarah (Chapter 2) verses 183 to 185 where Allah said:

"O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -

"[Fasting for] a limited number of days. So whoever among you is ill or on a journey [during them] - then an equal number of days [are to be made up]. And upon those who are able [to fast, but with hardship] - a ransom [as substitute] of feeding a poor person [each day]. And whoever volunteers excess - it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.

"The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful."

What this means is that fasting is for the believers and has been decreed on those before the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and it is an activity to attain righteousness.

What are the benefits if fasting?

Fasting draws one close to Allah as it reflects a Muslim’s willingness to carry out the instruction of God. It provides an opportunity to temporarily feel what not-well-to-do people go through everyday and be able to show compassion towards them. The act of sacrifice embedded in fasting is also strengthened by one’s ability to restrain from what one does normally and this ability of self-discipline allows some Muslims to maintain this lifestyle even after Ramadan.

During the glorious month of Ramadan, the gate of heaven is open while the door of hell is shut. It is also a month of forgiveness as many Muslims seek Allah’s favour and blessing.

Medically, fasting helps one to lose weight and improve blood pressure. Dr. Michael Mosley who is the author of “The Fast Diet books” wrote: “Studies of intermittent fasting show that not only do people see improvements in blood pressure and their cholesterol levels, but also in their insulin sensitivity.”

It also helps one to get rid of addiction. Smoking and consumption of alcohol can be better control as being able it abstain from it during the month of Ramadan makes it possible to completely shelve it even after Ramadan.

(Copied)
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by kaybee88(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one
because the fasting is suppose to be from dusk to dawn not 72 hours dry fasting. hope I have been able to convince you not to confuse. thank you sir.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by tosyne2much(m): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2017
sexysunnyb:
It Does makes any difference , if you like give them a bowl full of Pounded yam with a big pot of Egusi soup to eat, they will still get flogged
Una no go kill person with laughter cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chelsea Star Eden Hazard Twerks In Wild Europa League Win Celebrations (Photos) / 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup Award: Full List Of Award Winners Spain Lift Trophy / Wild Jubilation Hit The street As Cote D’ivoire Sneak Into Round Of 16(Vid,Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.