Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast (36931 Views)

Team Muslim Players Vs Team Christian Players: Who Will Win? / NFF Denies Owing Rohr And Denneby Three Months Salary / Picture Of Super Eagles Coach, Rohr And Beautiful Lady Has Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by isnovic(m): 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:
I have noting to say tongue tongue tongue

BUT y do Muslims eat as early as 5am in the morning and still say they are fasting

is just a question pls don't be offended

We are one

Try eating too before 420am, observe prayers 5 times regularly at their call to prayers-Azan and eating only at the onset of dusk usually 7ish and do tell if it is easy.

As a Christian I have tried it and i will tell you, it is as difficult as a Christian fast.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by imykld: 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

We have Muslim players in Real Madrid who played the champions league finals even though they were in Ramadan

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

You want to disobey your boss to obey your God ??

They don't deserve to play for Nigeria again

Paul Pogba will never act like that even though he's a Muslim

Mesut ozil who is a Muslim will never act like that

If you can't do what your coach tells you, you can employ yourself and do as you like

Buhari will not disobey his doctors if they tell him to eat every minute of the day during Ramadan
I really pity ur life because ur statements meant that bosses should be more obeyed than God Almighty. pls do obey people's faith is very important as such I enjoin Ahmad MUSA, SHEHU Abdullahi and all other Muslims footballers to remain steadfast in their belief even if it means them been withdrawn by their coaches.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by creamyworkz: 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
sweetgala:

They didn't refuse to play, they have decided to observe their fast. If they are able to play while fasting that's good.

What can be done is for the individual to skip fast on the match day and then payback the missed days at a later date.

I try to be a better Christian myself so I would never chastise another individual for the obedience and sacrifice in observing fast or lent or any other religious act

Brother, thanks for your maturity in approaching the situation. I just wanted to note that these boys will skip it if they could, but the only permissible reason for skipping it is if the person is on their period or has health issues which may deteriorate if they fast. However, missing one day will mean paying back with 60days and even then the reward is in no way comparable to fasting that one day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by IhateAfonjas(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
imykld:

I really pity ur life because ur statements meant that bosses should be more obeyed than God Almighty. pls do obey people's faith is very important as such I enjoin Ahmad MUSA, SHEHU Abdullahi and all other Muslims footballers to remain steadfast in their belief even if it means them been withdrawn by their coaches.

Fucck religion and God
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Kakamorufu(m): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kathmandu:
I'm a Christian and not a Muslim. I don't serve the god they serve.

WE ARE NOT ONE
before nko. we ain't same since day one

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
@igboticgirl hope what I put out there answers your question.

We don't fast based on what people think a fasting should be, but as it's decreed . Trust me, if we are ordered to stay one month of no eating and drinking and complete abstinence from sinful acts, we'll do it. Our fasting is different from yours(even though 99% of don't and it's not compulsory).

Fasting is not only about skipping a meal, you get to know what people who can't feed go through and how it's important to help. The abstinence from sinful acts is the most difficult aspect. You can't drink , fornicate, cheat , lie , steal etc. I can't even gaze at a lady now . That's how difficult it is.

Ramadan is window created for forgiveness; you do little thing of kindness and favor, and your sins of previous years are forgiven , especially if you don't go back to them again.

Isn't Allah/God too merciful?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Syjibrin(f): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

We have Muslim players in Real Madrid who played the champions league finals even though they were in Ramadan

If you can't do what your coach tells you, you can employ yourself and do as you like

Buhari will not disobey his doctors if they tell him to eat every minute of the day during Ramadan
I hardly react to people comment on nairaland but Mr man between man and God who are you to obey? Just an answer to my question that is what I need
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by osusuallstars: 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
This coach are you well at all. Do away with them for this period. You have alternatives to use. After all must is a bench warmer at Leicester and the other shehu shagari abi fufu is Plays for an unknown club
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by IhateAfonjas(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
Syjibrin:
I hardly react to people comment on nairaland but Mr man between man and God who are you to obey? Just an answer to my question that is what I need

Man

Because God doesn't exist
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by osusuallstars: 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
@igboticgirl hope what I put out there answers your question.

We don't fast based on what people think a fasting should be, but as it's decreed . Trust me, if we are ordered to stay one month of no eating and drinking and complete abstinence from sinful acts, we'll do it. Our fasting is different from yours(even though 99% of don't and it's not compulsory).

Fasting is not only about skipping a meal, you get to know what people who can't feed go through and how it's important to help. The abstinence from sinful acts is the most difficult aspect. You can't drink , fornicate, cheat , lie , steal etc. I can't even gaze at a lady now . That's how difficult it is.

Ramadan is window created for forgiveness; you do little thing of kindness and favor, and your sins of previous years are forgiven , especially if you don't go back to them again.

Isn't Allah/God too merciful?
Shut up there you. Those that killed in Manchester and London , are they not head slammers that are equally fasten

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Harkyn92(m): 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

this guy don dey mad o, "you wan disobey your master to obey your God" I think you need to reset your brain. mumu like you
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kathmandu:
I'm a Christian and not a Muslim. I don't serve the god they serve.

WE ARE NOT ONE
we can't be worshipping the same God or gods as it is in your case. We can't! Your noise-loving god isn't ours. Our God does not have to come to earth in human form just to know how the humans he created are feeling(your god sef doesn't know how what he built functions).

Your god came to earth in human form , and was so powerless that he was put to the cross helplessly. Though he still begged his God to help him . Remember sabacthani in the Bible?

Your god is born of woman, our God is not.

Your god has son , our has none .

Your god eat, drink , sleep , go hungry , visit the toilet, etc, our God doesn't.

Your god is dead, our is forever alive.

Too many reasons why we can't be "one".

NB: we love Jesus . Not the picture of a movie star you worship. We love Jesus more than you guys. You just don't know him, hence. Your display of ignorance in the name of religion.

Face your fake religion.

2 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Papiikush:
lol, you say you are fasting but you eat first thing in the morning and once it's 7pm you rush to the kitchen. Na only lunch you no chop but you go still complain say fasting tough grin

Abeg who is fooling who? grin
What's your problem with how adherents of a religion practise their religion? Does it affect your life? You think Ramadan only involves not eating and drinking during the day? You're greatly mistaken. Even if they eat 24 hours a day and call it fasting, it's none of your business. Back in secondary school, I noticed that Christians' fast involves drinking water. Though I was amazed, I didn't question it because it was none of my business.

I'll suggest you do same.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by musa7m(m): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

is your grave and that of Paul Pogba
Mesut ozil the same...the answer is no...if you dnt know anything lslam and ramadan just shut up.......go and google it who and who can't fast on ramadan....den you can come back and correct yoursf
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
Afam4eva:
I think the Muslim players that want to observe the fast should be excused from the national team till after Ramadan.
Very simple. If the players believe they can't give their best for the team, they can always go on a break during Ramadan.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2017
osusuallstars:

Shut up there you. Those that killed in Manchester and London , are they not head slammers that are equally fasten
well, separate actions of Muslim from Islam and its teachings, then , you'd see things differently.

I can assure you that , those behind that attack, are not muslims by their actions. Their actions negates everything Islamic. I can tell you that all of them , if they die , they're hell bound. Allah will never forgive them for killing innocent souls.

2 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Celsony: 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Business first

Bros no vex abeg, pls Paul Pogba na muslim?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Icon79(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2017
KPOM!

You don tok am finis! To add anything else would be most uncivilized.

O pari

Afam4eva:
I think the Muslim players that want to observe the fast should be excused from the national team till after Ramadan.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Celsony: 2:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
Teewhy2:
The media officer of the team Toyin ibitoye clarify this on etisalat mega sport this morning and said it is just media speculations and that the players fasting and the coach had strike a balance on their training schedule and that nobody is denying the players their right of fasting as it is their religious obligation.
The super eagles will resume camping today in uyo for the match against south Africa.

Pls what date is the match and the time?
wink
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
Papiikush:
lol, you say you are fasting but you eat first thing in the morning and once it's 7pm you rush to the kitchen. Na only lunch you no chop but you go still complain say fasting tough grin

Abeg who is fooling who? grin
you guys just like most Nigerians, are foolish enough to always draw your conclusion without making extensive research.

Because of poverty, all you guys think of in fasting is food or skipping of a meal. It's much more than that. I have an article for igboticgirl up there, read it and quit being "holo-stupid".
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by holysainbj(m): 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

BUT y do Muslims eat as early as 5am in the morning and still say they are fasting

We are one

somebody should please ans this question o

It has been disturbing me
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kathmandu:
Why should they be fasting when they have an important national assignment
They ain't the only players available to the team.
Secondly, the coach should have made plans to replace them knowing that the match would fall within Ramadan.
Thirdly, you can't expect a player to go against his religious beliefs just to please his boss.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
Celsony:

Bros no vex abeg, pls Paul Pogba na muslim?
yes! You can make hating him from now onwards official cos he's a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
holysainbj:

check my previous posts, the answers are there.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by galaxy2020(m): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
The food they wil eat b4 6am should be able to carry them throughout the duration of the match. No excuses pls....
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by dayowunmi(m): 2:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
Turkish football league is still ongoing despite fasting being on. Nigerians and religious fanatism. If premier league was still on will he be telling his boss not to use him because he's fasting?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by benji93: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one
That's a tough question to answer, and a little biased, given that you assume that your knowledge of fasting is ultimate(i assume you are a christian). Fasting does not have a specific time duration.As far as you avoid eating for less number of times than you usual, especially as you go about your daily activities.The moslems eat at 5 a.m because the sunnah(collection of teachings of prophet mohammed) tells them to.So this is more specific to their faith.Peace
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by galaxy2020(m): 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
That is what their holy book says, their choice, their business.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Celsony: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
yes! You can make hating him from now onwards official cos he's a Muslim.

Why will i do that?
Do you know whether i am a muslim or a christian or atheist?
Stop judging someone you dont know from afar.

#Peace!
grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 2:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
mapet:

I am Christian......and I will try to answer you question with another question.

Why are you trying to define Muslim fast from another lens
Thank you for this. Why would we hold other people's beliefs to our own standards? Why should we analyze people's beliefs through the prism of our own standpoint? It's just like me as a Yoruba man condemning an Igbo man for upholding his culture, whereas such culture doesn't even affect me.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Kakamorufu(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
holysainbj:

read through the thread from page 2 your answers full there. smh
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
dayowunmi:
Turkish football league is still ongoing despite fasting being on. Nigerians and religious fanatism. If premier league was still on will he be telling his boss not to use him because he's fasting?
Firstly, the players in question did not ask the coach not to use them. Did you read the news? It's the coach that wants them not to fast on match day.
Secondly, this isn't about religious fanatism. The fact that the Turkish Premier League is on doesn't mean I shouldn't observe my fast. What's my business with how I fast in Ramadan with the Turkish League? Even if 90% of th players in Turkey are Muslims, do you know of the provisions that's been made for them? Fasting isn't supposed to stop you from working. Yaya Toure, Benzema, Ribery, Ozil are Muslims players who play during Ramadan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chelsea Star Eden Hazard Twerks In Wild Europa League Win Celebrations (Photos) / 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup Award: Full List Of Award Winners Spain Lift Trophy / Wild Jubilation Hit The street As Cote D’ivoire Sneak Into Round Of 16(Vid,Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.