Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast (36929 Views)

Team Muslim Players Vs Team Christian Players: Who Will Win? / NFF Denies Owing Rohr And Denneby Three Months Salary / Picture Of Super Eagles Coach, Rohr And Beautiful Lady Has Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by dealslip(f): 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
heykims:
Their faith should be respected
Nigeria should be respected too.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
WotzupNG:
Are you waiting for the day they someone will collapse before you know that fasting and engaging in strenous exercises is bad?

Africans are always stupidly reactive instead of being proactive.
This has nothing to do with Africans and always being 'stupidly reactive'. The guy you quoted told you that no player has collapsed as a result of fasting on the pitch. Not just African players but players in European leagues too. This has nothing to do with your insult on Africans.
What this means is there is no precedence of collapsing on the pitch while fasting. Thus, it's not seen as a dangerous practice. I believe that club administrators and sports nutritionists are aware of the relationship between fasting and playing football and might have put measures in place to accommodate the two.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by mekzymiles(m): 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
allow them to fast? so that they will now die on the pitch Abi!!!

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
excanny:

Ahmed Musa is an important player for now. He must be started at all means.
Even if he goes against his religious belief and practice in the process?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
RonJeremy:
Everything Muslim must have K-leg.....
Don't blame your ignorance of a religion/phenomenon on the religion/phenomenon. Study it first.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
Celsony:

Why will i do that?
Do you know whether i am a muslim or a christian or atheist?
Stop judging someone you dont know from afar.

#Peace!
grin cheesy wink smiley
maybe, I judged you based on what usually play out nairaland. Some even took to outright hate when they learned ayiri emami is a Muslim.

Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Olomigbona(m): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2017
respect d faith. Allah's command first. Ramadan fasting is one of d five pillars of Islam. It is obligatory. Let them fast. Use other players to sub them.

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by excanny: 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
misterh:
Even if he goes against his religious belief and practice in the process?

If he was on the brink of death and needs to eat, wont he go against his religious belief?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2017
excanny:

If he was on the brink of death and needs to eat, wont he go against his religious belief?
This shows you don't have an idea of what fasting in Ramadan or the practice of Islam entail. You seem to equate Ramadan fast to be a do-or-die affair. The practice of Islam shouldn't be herculean. As regards fasting, there are some people that are exempted from fasting. A sick person, a traveler, a menstruating woman etc are excused from fasting in Ramadan. They'll however repay the fast at the appropriate time.
Let me enlighten you a little bit. Do you know that pork is forbidden for a Muslim? But if there's famine and the only food available is pork, then a Muslim is obligated to eat that pork to stay alive. If he doesn't eat the pork at that time and he dies, he has committed a sin.

2 Likes

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by iamdynamite(m): 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
Kathmandu:
I'm a Christian and not a Muslim. I don't serve the god they serve.

WE ARE NOT ONE
so which God do they serve...because as far as am concerned the arabic bible use the word allah too..so stop been a bigot
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Generalyemi(m): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
DropShot:
Why must the coach compel them not to fast?

I'm sure they won't mind. Why he has to force them not to fast is what should baffle sane mind.

a sane mind indeed...so Muslim mind is now a definition of "sane mind". fool yourself sir,not us.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by degamemaster(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
Papiikush:
lol, you say you are fasting but you eat first thing in the morning and once it's 7pm you rush to the kitchen. Na only lunch you no chop but you go still complain say fasting tough grin

Abeg who is fooling who? grin
My brother that is the hypocrisy in islam, in fact everything about them is hypocritical.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Celsony: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
maybe, I judged you based on what usually play out nairaland. Some even took to outright hate when they learned ayiri emami is a Muslim.

Sorry about that.

No P bro.
We are all humans is all that matters.
Remain Blessed. grin
grin
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Quinn22(f): 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
But that's the Christian way of fasting not the Muslim way, you should know Christianity is different from Islam, unless you are trying to cause a religious war on this thread. And what did Jesus say about making peace? You are just a troublemaker! Focus on your religion and let Muslim focus on theirs.
IgboticGirl:

OK FROM Morning which is 12.am down
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Teewhy2: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
Celsony:

Pls what date is the match and the time?
wink

June 10 is the match
Venue Akwa Ibom Stadium

CAF officials.

Tunisian referee, Youssef Essrayri, 40, who became an international referee five years ago, will be assisted by compatriots Yamen Melloulchi (Assistant Referee 1), Hassen Abdelali (Assistant Referee 2) and Said Mohamed Kordi (Fourth Official).
The match commissioner is Andy Quamie from Liberia and Kotey Alexander Neequaye from Ghana will be referee assessor.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by DropShot: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2017
[s]
Generalyemi:

a sane mind indeed...so Muslim mind is now a definition of "sane mind". fool yourself sir,not us.
[/s]
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Celsony: 3:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
Teewhy2:

June 10 is the match
Venue Akwa Ibom Stadium

CAF officials.

Tunisian referee, Youssef Essrayri, 40, who became an international referee five years ago, will be assisted by compatriots Yamen Melloulchi (Assistant Referee 1), Hassen Abdelali (Assistant Referee 2) and Said Mohamed Kordi (Fourth Official).
The match commissioner is Andy Quamie from Liberia and Kotey Alexander Neequaye from Ghana will be referee assessor.

Thanks for the information sir.
God bless...
smiley smiley
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by AlwaysUltraPad: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2017
Celsony:

No P bro.
We are all humans is all that matters.
Remain Blessed. grin
grin
thanks!

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by excanny: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2017
misterh:
This shows you don't have an idea of what fasting in Ramadan or the practice of Islam entail. You seem to equate Ramadan fast to be a do-or-die affair. The practice of Islam shouldn't be herculean. As regards fasting, there are some people that are exempted from fasting. A sick person, a traveler, a menstruating woman etc are excused from fasting in Ramadan. They'll however repay the fast at the appropriate time.
Let me enlighten you a little bit. Do you know that pork is forbidden for a Muslim? But if there's famine and the only food available is pork, then a Muslim is obligated to eat that pork to stay alive. If he doesn't eat the pork at that time and he dies, he has committed a sin.

Fine. These examples shows that common sense should guide when to put off fasting. So apply same while playing an important once in a lifetime match for your country. Cameroon 2019 will never come again, why fail your country when they need you most?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by creamyworkz: 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
excanny:

Fine. These examples shows that common sense should guide when to put off fasting. So apply same while playing an important once in a lifetime match for your country. Cameroon 2019 will never come again, why fail your country when they need you most?

Since you have decided to publicly display your stupidity. Will you put off Christmas break for work in a government owned firm? Since it's the same service to your nation.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2017
excanny:

Firstly, the players haven't said that they won't play the match because they're fasting. According to the article, the coach doesn't want them to fast on the match day. So, it's not a case of dereliction of duty. Secondly, the instances I listed aren't common sense; they're duly noted and recognized in Islam.
Thirdly, the match in question isn't a once in a lifetime match. Do you see a religious practice as a faucet that can be turned on and off? Islam isn't like that. You don't practise Islam on your own conditions. There are laws guiding the practice of the religion.
When clubs give players time off when they suffer a loss, does that mean that the player have failed the team when they need him most? These players are humans with emotions, passions, cultural and religious beliefs. If you expect them to abandon their beliefs and emotions because of you, isn't that selfish on your part?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
degamemaster:
My brother that is the hypocrisy in islam, in fact everything about them is hypocritical.
Your signature shows you're a Christian. Will it then be right if I judge some of Christianity practices based on my practices as a Muslim? Will it be right if I call some Christian beliefs hypocritical because it doesn't conform with what my religion teaches me? Will it be right if I criticize the concept of tithes in Christianity because it isn't the same with Zakat in Islam? Won't it be stupid if I laugh at how Christians pray because it's not how other religions pray?
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by timi4mayo(m): 4:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
RIP Cheick Tiote, would Neva forget dat screamer against arsenal
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Sunnah1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:
I have noting to say tongue tongue tongue

BUT y do Muslims eat as early as 5am in the morning and still say they are fasting

is just a question pls don't be offended

We are one
Because they break the fasting at 6:45pm not at 12:00pm
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Everfrank(m): 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

BUT y do Muslims eat as early as 5am in the morning and still say they are fasting

We are one
Dawn is the beginning of a new day in islamic calendar, not 0001hrs.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by JFT24(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one

what is your own understanding of fasting??
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by vanderbolt: 5:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
jegz25:
he has no right to asked dem not to perform their religious rights
after the fasting BOMB BUUUUUM goes off
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Ateeku06: 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
IgboticGirl:

We are one

Because that is what the Religion Prescribe. In Islam you practice based on guide from the holy book and Prophet(PBUH) saying or action, not based on your common sense. Moreover, starting fasting at 5am in Nigeria, while some part of the world it is different, example in UK it start at 2:30am plus, and breaking around 9:30pm. As @Everfrank mentioned the timing is based on Dawn for starting and Sunset for breaking of fast. Hope it answer your question.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by excanny: 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
misterh:
Firstly, the players haven't said that they won't play the match because they're fasting. According to the article, the coach doesn't want them to fast on the match day. So, it's not a case of dereliction of duty. Secondly, the instances I listed aren't common sense; they're duly noted and recognized in Islam.
Thirdly, the match in question isn't a once in a lifetime match. Do you see a religious practice as a faucet that can be turned on and off? Islam isn't like that. You don't practise Islam on your own conditions. There are laws guiding the practice of the religion.
When clubs give players time off when they suffer a loss, does that mean that the player have failed the team when they need him most? These players are humans with emotions, passions, cultural and religious beliefs. If you expect them to abandon their beliefs and emotions because of you, isn't that selfish on your part?

You dont need Islam to tell you except you are really really dumb. These are common sense cases where its ideal to put off fasting.

Football is a highly physical sport and one needs to be in the best health status and well stored reserve of energy to achieve the best.
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by excanny: 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
creamyworkz:

Since you have decided to publicly display your stupidity. Will you put off Christmas break for work in a government owned firm? Since it's the same service to your nation.

And who told you I observe Christmas, and even if I do, nothing stops from working on Christmas, or any public holiday, if I have a deadline to meet
Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by Ngasky(m): 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
sweetgala:

They didn't refuse to play, they have decided to observe their fast. If they are able to play while fasting that's good.

What can be done is for the individual to skip fast on the match day and then payback the missed days at a later date.

I try to be a better Christian myself so I would never chastise another individual for the obedience and sacrifice in observing fast or lent or any other religious act
Nice try. But I think you need to understand that we Muslims if we intentionally break our fast without religious accepted excuse we don't only do it another time as replacement we have to fast for complete 61 days without any break to replace only one fast that we broke intentionally. If it is 2 fasts it means 122 day
Now why should I break 1 to replace it with 61? That's why you would see that we dont play with fasting period. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Rohr And Eagles Muslim Players Disagree Over Ramadan Fast by misterh(m): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
excanny:

You dont need Islam to tell you except you are really really dumb. These are common sense cases where its ideal to put off fasting.

Football is a highly physical sport and one needs to be in the best health status and well stored reserve of energy to achieve the best.
So, in your opinion, religion should be like a tap that can be turned on and off at your whim. If one isn't comfortable with paying tithes, he should just stop paying it? If a Christian isn't happy with the commandments in the Bible, he can afford to not follow them. According to your logic, that's common sense and it would be dumb for you not to do them.

Secondly, players have always played during Ramadan, so I don't know where this talk of how Ramadan inhibits playing. The players in question have not said they won't play but it's the coach that wants them to abandon their religious obligation because of a match.

Quick question:
If an employer insists a worker comes to work every Sunday when the worker wants to be in church to practise his religion, is it common sense for the worker to accept or unacceptable for the employer to demand such?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chelsea Star Eden Hazard Twerks In Wild Europa League Win Celebrations (Photos) / 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup Award: Full List Of Award Winners Spain Lift Trophy / Wild Jubilation Hit The street As Cote D’ivoire Sneak Into Round Of 16(Vid,Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.