Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Biafra Agitation Is Justified- Senator Abaribe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Agitation Is Justified- Senator Abaribe (3036 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter is Justified, Buhari should not re-contest - Junaid Mohammed / Biafra Agitation Is A Face Saving Movement / Biafra Agitation Is Annoying –tanko Yakassai [READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Biafra Agitation Is Justified- Senator Abaribe by Fx55(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
obailala:
Nope, God has opened my eyes to see beyond the part you and many others see. I have completely deleted the part of my mind which keeps reminding me to feel paranoid cos I know that feeling only destroys my ability to properly strategise and achieve things. There was a time I saw things from your view, but I now view things beyond that level cos I have since dug my head up from that sand and advise you to do same. I watched the video, the full video when the motion was raised and when it was shouted down, and also the interview of the angry rep afterwards.

You claim the bill was thrown out because they hate Igbos. But spend a second and think about it (of course without the 'they hate Igbos' mindset); can you give me one single reason why the northern or SW or even the SS reps should have supported the motion?.... Cos from my own understanding of politics and politicians worldwide, they only go for things they feel would benefit either their people, or at least their personal pockets. Recently a Lagos senator Remi Tinubu raised a somewhat similar motion for Lagos to be given a 'special status' (whatever that means) given its national coverage and its population. The bill was similarly shouted down. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lagos senators and representatives are now doing behind the scenes lobbying/bribing and striking deals with legislators from other states/zones (including even Igbo legislators) in preparation for the next time they would present that bill.

You say it has nothing to do with unity or alliances?... Fa fa fa foul! and this is exactly where millions of Igbos keep missing it, thinking we can survive and even prosper as a disunited island. The only reason a similar bill like that can be successful for the north is because (1) The 3 northern zones are wonderfully united and (2) The north, after it agrees with itself, will easily stretch out a hand of fellowship to the SW (and to even some Igbo reps), offering one incentive or the other (i.e. BUILDING BRIDGES), and the SW would simply support the idea because it believes it can gain something from the deal.

A lot of Igbos need to wake up from this 'they hate us and want to punish us' mentality which keeps tying us down from scheming like our mates are doing; everyone else out there is simply hustling for themselves, no one likes/loves anyone and no one owes anyone else anything.
This your worthless epistle is a heap of stinking garbage. You still don't get it, do you?

Ask God to open your eyes and reveal to you why Muhammadu Buhari made his 97/5% comment. While you're at it, also ask God to reveal to you why the 3 Rs were never implemented after the war... While you're waiting for God's divine revelation on that, remind him that you still don't understand why the Federal Government is borrowing billions of dollars to build rail lines that would traverse the length and breadth of this country and Igboland is omitted from it.

My friend, you're too far gone in political correctness to understand the reason why your house is on fire and the fire service isn't batting an eyelid
Re: Biafra Agitation Is Justified- Senator Abaribe by cbravo5: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2018
Biafra Agitation: Any Justification?
The Remote Causes of the Biafra Declaration

By remote causes we mean those errors committed, mistakes made, events, etc. that in one way or the other contributed to the Nigeria’s political instability, which are often ignored, but form the bedrock of the immediate crises that led to the attempted secession. We need to note, and importantly too, that these remote causes date back to pre-amalgamation era, and equally too, that their negative consequences still persist as freshly as ever till today.
Click on the link down to read the complete work

Biafra Agitation: Any Justification?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Restructuring: National Association Of Seadogs Urges FG To Pay Urgent Attention / 2019: NEVER Again Will I Beg Obasanjo - Atiku, In Talks To Emerge PDP Consensus / CJN Visit Buhari, Violates Code Of Conduct Of The Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.