Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics (54746 Views)

Senator Akpabio Chooses Broom Over Umbrella During Rainfall In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Lekki Floods: Babatunde Adejare Visits Lekki Area After Hours Of Rainfall. PICS / Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Neddyogu(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2017
GoldCircle:

Which elite? Pls I beg to differ. Things must be done properly. How many times do you see photos of banana island flooding like this? Armstedam is lower than sea level, but it never gets this flooded.
Watch out and see if the new eko Atlantic City will be flooded after completion.

Amsterdam wey be flood itself. Ever used a gondola? Go Amsterdam or Venice and see flood. This one Na akamu case
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by yinkslinks(m): 8:59am On Jun 07, 2017
Okay but this is foolishness. Did the rain fall while they drove or they saw the flood and drove in it?

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2017
This is VICTORIA WATER WAYS

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by arsenal33: 9:00am On Jun 07, 2017
flyca:
IhateAfonja

Lemme say it again: Nigeria is a big slum! And its not my job to make you happy

Reference: https://www.nairaland.com/3839958/satellite-town-road-lagos-flooded#57187780
Now that you have been told to go back by the nothern youths to ur loved ones, hope you will heed the call.

you hate everyboby
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by sharpwriter(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2017
Chukason1:
Thats How my uncle lost his Prado new jeep in Lagos flood
How shocked
Chukason1:
Thats How my uncle lost his Prado new jeep in Lagos flood
How
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by whitering: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2017
people like Dangote & his likes that lives there, should embark on community service.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by woleabayo(f): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2017
ikennaf1:

Free your mind from envy bro. VGC is beautiful. Money buys pretty things.
MONEY BUY DEATH NA.............. MY IJU ISLAND IS THE BEST JAWE
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Halo22: 9:03am On Jun 07, 2017
This is just a tip of iceberg. I said it before now that the earlier Lagos is expanded, the better for the residents. This is just rainfall and everywhere z flooded like this, what will happen if the sea rises?
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by deebsman1(m): 9:04am On Jun 07, 2017
My humble take on this is this simple, Ambode is doing well but Fashola's passion of handling issues can't be compared to his, I remember during Fash's time, when the raining season is coming like this, he always charged the responsible govt agencies to go on canals cleaning and clearing mission thereby reducing the chance of flooding, something which am yet to c Ambo do.

Pls someone should tell Ambo baba to do the needful
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 07, 2017
woleabayo:
MONEY BUY DEATH NA.............. MY IJU ISLAND IS THE BEST JAWE
Lol.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by jaytime(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2017
Rain has barely started and this? Something tells me this year's rainy season will be disastrous.
Waiting for some scientists and weather forecasters to come and be telling us stories about global warming bla bla. Those guys sometimes behave like fake prophets.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by OBAGADAFFI: 9:06am On Jun 07, 2017
coolcatty:

You are right bro...very right.... But take time to go thru the rubbish spewed by that slow human being...is laced with envy an hate hence the reason I replied him

I understand your point.

But most of this lekki- Ajah peeps don't take care of their environment.

Just​ visit lekki- phase 1, your will see blocked drinage filled with dirty Everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by marvin902(m): 9:06am On Jun 07, 2017
theres no drainage system that stops flooding and some wont use their head forgetting the location of vgc..
if you say they have poor drainage system that means china,austrialia.japan,us,have poor drainage systems
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by SouthWestBlood(m): 9:09am On Jun 07, 2017
coolcatty:

You are right bro...very right.... But take time to go thru the rubbish spewed by that slow human being...is laced with envy an hate hence the reason I replied him

Land which is not even up to a plot is sold for 120m in Magodo. Living on the mainland or island is a thing of choice, people should not get it twisted or see living on the island as higher class. It's foolish to think that way.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by flyca: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2017
arsenal33:

Now that you have been told to go back by the nothern youths to ur loved ones, hope you will heed the call.

you hate everyboby
Stick to the topic. Except you are gaining directly from these people, the truth is that Nigerian leaders have failed us! All of them! I'm not getting down the tribal lane with you, its senseless talk.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by judgedredd22(m): 9:10am On Jun 07, 2017
GoldCircle:
After all the "I don't go to the mainland" effizzy. Hahahaha. Who be fool? Na now you go know say Akute better pass vgc. 'I live on the island'. Island ko; oasis ni.

Modafuking wannabes!

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by zionic(m): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2017
Its a pity to the affected victims, because things will go wrong in there cars. thou these are the unnecessary problems that comes to a man. meanwhile government should look into this because its a real situation.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by judgedredd22(m): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2017
Halo22:
This is just a tip of iceberg. I said it before now that the earlier Lagos is expanded, the better for the residents. This is just rainfall and everywhere z flooded like this, what will happen if the sea rises?

when the ocean rises, their blood pressure will rise too! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 07, 2017
GoldCircle:
After all the "I don't go to the mainland" effizzy. Hahahaha. Who be fool? Na now you go know say Akute better pass vgc. 'I live on the island'. Island ko; oasis ni.

Modafuking wannabes!

At least,na clean water,its clear and not yellowish
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by sirusX(m): 9:16am On Jun 07, 2017
ThatCEO:
Hmmm, shout out to all my peopo wey wan live for OCEAN VIEW apartment.

On a serious note, that submerged Ford SUV is very expensive
I dey look picture dey imagine say na submarine wey wan dive below sea level cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Brushless: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2017
GoldCircle:

Which elite? Pls I beg to differ. Things must be done properly. How many times do you see photos of banana island flooding like this? Armstedam is lower than sea level, but it never gets this flooded.
Watch out and see if the new eko Atlantic City will be flooded after completion.
You nail it! Plan well, dem no go do.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by taxsman(m): 9:18am On Jun 07, 2017
Dis niaja no go better, due it happen everywhere in the world. Let them try and get a car boat.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by judgedredd22(m): 9:19am On Jun 07, 2017
yinkslinks:
Okay but this is foolishness. Did the rain fall while they drove or they saw the flood and drove in it?

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by judgedredd22(m): 9:20am On Jun 07, 2017
coolcatty:
i

Liar liar pants....that's the commercial area of VGC....nobody is allowed to build a residential building there...unless you stay in a church

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2017
One of the reasons why the Island is over hyped.
when it rains there, it's terrible.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Brushless: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2017
coolcatty:
i

Seems you have personal beeef with those richer and more prosperous than you....heck people should be encouraged to enjoy the process from the works of their hands....

BTW you just called your acting president a mothafucking a wannabe...dayum

Liar liar pants....that's the commercial area of VGC....nobody is allowed to build a residential building there...unless you stay in a church
One of the wannabes, they like pumping and bloating. Leave him to his crisis.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by FrankGiel: 9:24am On Jun 07, 2017
GoldCircle:

Modafuking wannabes!
Why are u so pained?
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Kobicove(m): 9:30am On Jun 07, 2017
WTF shocked
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by xtivin(m): 9:30am On Jun 07, 2017
0b100100111:

Hello! Your quote shows u not geographically versatile. It's a coastal region and such is bound to happen.
Very true coastal regions experience high amount of rainfall due to the Atlantic ocean, hence condensation is rapid especially in the raining season. So even if you have the best drainage system rainfall might show it's weakness most especially in the month of june-july

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by babooshka: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
which drainage can hold flood?

Even most advanced country doesn't have control over flood or any natural disaster, they only manage it well.
so rain now has turned 2 natural disaster?! Olodo. undecided Only in Naija!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over Quarterly Business Forum (Photos) / Osinbajo, Ambode, Obaseki Visit Tinubu & Wife In His Bourdillon Mansion - Pics / Dino Melaye: Buhari Has Sent Oshiomhole To Golgotha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.