Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics (54726 Views)

Senator Akpabio Chooses Broom Over Umbrella During Rainfall In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Lekki Floods: Babatunde Adejare Visits Lekki Area After Hours Of Rainfall. PICS / Lekki Flooded After A Heavy Rainfall In Lagos State Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:36am On Jun 07, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
shocked The front of ma house cry

@first pix

The gate house abi? ( security post)

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 07, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
which drainage can hold flood?

Even most advanced country doesn't have control over flood or any natural disaster, they only manage it well.

The point is that it is not a flood of natural disaster proportions. There is no equivalency at all lol. It happens repeatedly due to the same in adequacy; drainage and planning issues. There are numerous coastal cities that get more mm of rainfall per year without such issues.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by EvilMetahuman: 9:37am On Jun 07, 2017
babooshka:
so rain now has turned 2 natural disaster?! Olodo. undecided Only in Naija!
rain causes flood, floods =natural disaster.

Go to school, una no go go.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Semper247(m): 9:38am On Jun 07, 2017
triplemmm3:
May God help us, nothing works in Nigeria

In ur uneducated juvenile mind now, you have commented abi? undecided
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by EvilMetahuman: 9:39am On Jun 07, 2017
Dasuks:

The point is that it is not a flood of natural disaster proportions. There is no equivalency at all lol. It happens repeatedly due to the same in adequacy; drainage and planning issues. There are numerous coastal cities that get more mm of rainfall per year without such issues.
most roads in lekki, ajah vgc have the best drainage systems in the country.

Lagos is prone to flood, hence the reason.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by humblemikel(f): 9:42am On Jun 07, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
shocked The front of ma house cry

@first pix
WHO ASK U, IS AKPROKO NOW LEGAL

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Bitogram(m): 9:43am On Jun 07, 2017
SirWere:
undecided

Even Canada and New Zealand experiences severe overflooding at times. It has nothing to do with Nigeria's failure.

You spoke my Mind Bro.
is Sri Lanka also a failed country? how many times an average Nigerians in their leisure carry rake and shovel to clear drainage in their frontage? you eat okpa and instead of throwing the nylon into waste bin the gutter near you is the last resort
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by livinbygrace: 9:51am On Jun 07, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

LOL richer peeps live on the mainland.

Apart from Ikoyi no other place can match Surulere, Opebi-Allen, GRA ikeja on the island.

Dont mind them,i used to stay on island and i can tell you that most people living there lives fake life,even when you go to hangout clubs,bars,or any fun spot,its mostly people from mainland that make things happen,most islanders are just onlookers.Fake people.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by babooshka: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
rain causes flood, floods =natural disaster.

Go to school, una no go go.
if u r even listening 2 urself, or if u read d article, it said a day of rainfall, if d drainage was working well, it won't lead 2 dis flood. Na 40days rain?! D fact is things don't work well here, and what whites call natural disaster is smthin so massive dat it can't be contained. A simply good drainage would av prevented this, so I didn't expect u 2 criticise d person who pointed out dat it's due 2 lack of a proper drainage, and then saying it's a natural disaster; sounds like what our failed ministers would say.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Onedibe1: 9:53am On Jun 07, 2017
divinehand2003:
Shuooooo

Warri brought up supported
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Onedibe1: 9:53am On Jun 07, 2017
[quote author=Onedibe1 post=57274919]

Warri brought up spotted
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by seguno2: 9:54am On Jun 07, 2017
Ambode is working!
Tinubu is collecting!!
Lagosians are paying!!!

200 million mumus. Thanks Lagbaja.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Mcreloaded(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2017
No wonder festac and environs has high rent as there is never any flooding.
Those of you staying in ENVIRONS as attache to festac are protected. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by EvilMetahuman: 9:58am On Jun 07, 2017
babooshka:
if u r even listening 2 urself, or if u read d article, it said a day of rainfall, if d drainage was working well, it won't lead 2 dis flood. Na 40days rain?! D fact is things don't work well here, and what whites call natural disaster is smthin so massive dat it can't be contained. A simply good drainage would av prevented this, so I didn't expect u 2 criticise d person who pointed out dat it's due 2 lack of a proper drainage, and then saying it's a natural disaster; sounds like what our failed ministers would say.
the article was written by goats who wouldn't read like yourself but just say anything to spite the government.

If this happened on mainland, I would have blamed the government too.

Vgc have one of the best roads and drainage system in the country.

Why am I even responding to someone who doesn't know the actual the root cause of floods? cheesy
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by abbey621(m): 9:59am On Jun 07, 2017
This is my take on the issue, people buy land and build houses worth millions even over 100 million in that area yet they expect government to solve all their problems. This area has been plagued for years and it is clear government is not the solution, what would it cost for a community effort to raise 20 million or above and take care of the issue once and for all. if you go outside of VGC towards Ikota the problem does not exist, this means that particular area has poor drainage system; for goodness sake it only rained for less than 2 days and such calamity what are they going to do when we have one of those 5 to 7 days rain? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by purplekayc(m): 10:00am On Jun 07, 2017
I thought there was drainage in the place
Not Been there for some time though
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by OBAGADAFFI: 10:09am On Jun 07, 2017
abbey621:
This is my take on the issue, people buy land and build houses worth millions even over 100 million in that area yet they expect government to solve all their problems. This area has been plagued for years and it is clear government is not the solution, what would it cost for a community effort to raise 20 million or above and take care of the issue once and for all. if you go outside of VGC towards Ikota the problem does not exist, this means that particular area has poor drainage system; for goodness sake it only rained for less than 2 days and such calamity what are they going to do when we have one of those 5 to 7 days rain? angry angry angry

Nice point.

Do you know the drainage system in ghetto likes Shomolu-Bariga is far better than what you find in VGC.

Just look @ the mess they made of Lekki Phase .
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Kris907(m): 10:10am On Jun 07, 2017
Well since they build house on water and the land owner came calling so they have to feel his impact. It is well withthem all.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 07, 2017
that is how it floods on the island.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Myself2(m): 10:23am On Jun 07, 2017
GoldCircle:
After all the "I don't go to the mainland" effizzy. Hahahaha. Who be fool? Na now you go know say Akute better pass vgc. 'I live on the island'. Island ko; oasis ni.

Modafuking wannabes!

Hater
Keep wallowing in your penury, don't double your hustle make you for upgrade,be there celebrating poverty

Shiorr yeye dey smell
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by eightsin(m): 10:24am On Jun 07, 2017
They cry but they cry in exotic buildings and cars
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by 9jatatafo(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2017
natural disaster will always happen regardless of location
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by otutu123(m): 10:31am On Jun 07, 2017
Amgreat70:
Nigeria is a failed nation
If the elites can suffer such faith, roads without proper drainage system,then what about the roads made for the common man....
I pity this nation....
brother, its not about the drainage. its mother nature at work. water telling the people that na im area b dat. this also happens in developed countries like America and others. its a natural phenonenom. we thank God others like volcanic eruption, earthquake and others are far from us oooo. May the Creator continue to watch over us oooo
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by pokipoki: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2017
triplemmm3:
May God help us, nothing works in Nigeria
Dude, it's not only Nigeria that flood ravages. Europe and America are not spared too.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by divinehand2003(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2017
Onedibe1:

Warri brought up supported

Correct
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by jackie35(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2017
CastedDude:
This shows that the 'rich also cry'. This is the state of Victoria Island Garden City VGC after rainfall in Lagos today. Reports have it that some major roads have been rendered inaccessible after being overtaken by raging floods in the area as road users and motorists lament.

According to reports, the early morning downpour in Lagos which resulted in heavy flooding in VGC caused heavy traffic from Mega Chicken to VGC leading to Ajah fly-over.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/victoria-island-garden-city-vgc.html

WELL, SEBI NA DEM SAY DEY DONT WAN TO DO ANYTHING WITH US MAKE DEM DEY ENJOY NATURAL WATER GO NA.
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2017
SirWere:
undecided

Even Canada and New Zealand experiences severe overflooding at times. It has nothing to do with Nigeria's failure.

so we should wait until Canada and New Zealand fix theirs before we begin?

or are you saying its unfixable ?
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by victop11(m): 11:05am On Jun 07, 2017
Like seriously?
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by aint(m): 11:09am On Jun 07, 2017
GoldCircle:
After all the "I don't go to the mainland" effizzy. Hahahaha. Who be fool? Na now you go know say Akute better pass vgc. 'I live on the island'. Island ko; oasis ni.

Modafuking wannabes!
na akute you base
Re: Victoria Island Garden City Flooded After Hours Of Rainfall In Lagos Today (Pics by Antoeni(m): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2017
I LOVE MY MAINLAND,,OGUDU OJOTA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts / The Top 3 APC Presidential Candidates To Watch Out For! - CramJones exclusive! / Osinbajo And Fashola Visit Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Bridge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.