Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness (23203 Views)

Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm / 44 Illegal Miners Arrested In Plateau And FG Bans Mineral Exploration / Killings In Zamfara More Than The Numbers In Plateau And Benue - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Oxenomy: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Laudate, UK has voted to leave the EU. Please does it mean that you can no longer find Britons in other EU countries? Please answer.
help ask him.. These pathetic fake morons always go ballistic when ever they are called out for what they are..
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:24am On Jun 11, 2017
ioreth69:
i dey wait for u na

Hi dear, top of the morning to you.
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Oxenomy: 10:25am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

Oh, you didn't hear of Qatar citizens being given 14 days to leave the United Arab Emirates? Or you forgot that Nigeria deported Ghanaians in the early 90s?
you are very pathetic..

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by saidutal(m): 10:25am On Jun 11, 2017
malton:
I am dismayed by the decision of the various youth interest groups in Northern Nigeria to order all Igbos out of the region.

Not only is the conclusion callous and uncalled for, but it could be a precursor to war. Moreover, the attempt to impose their silly ruling on all the 19 states comprising northern Nigeria is laughable. Some nonentities cannot sit in Kaduna and exert upon an entire zone the full impact of their negative influence for such purposes as they see fit and by such measures, as they deem fit, whatever it may have been induced by.

Having come from a state that is seven years out of one of Nigeria's most violent sectarian crises, I must admit that we have seen too much war to want some of that ever again.

Furthermore, we have shared too much in the Igbo man's quest for self-reliance, independence, equality of opportunity, justice, charity and co-operation on top of their vision of economic abundance inspired by their ever-imposing productivity, technical skills, and commitment, to stand by as some youths whose mental state of health we are not sure of, make an attempt on their lives or properties. We say no to bloodshed on our lands.

A lot of Igbo youths have represented Plateau State at various times in our storied history and have done this so well. We have lived peacefully for years and have no reason whatsoever to demand change. More so, we are smart enough to know not to punish Eze in Jos for the 'sins' of Ikechukwu in Aba. Their words and actions are unrelated and everyone should be treated as they deserve.

In Plateau, we believe in equality for all, regardless of tribal differences. Consequent upon this, the life of an Igbo man is no less than that of a Ngas, Taroh, Berom, Mwaghavwul, Mushere, Irigwe, Afizere, or Jarawa person. To this end, no blood-thirsty individual should even seek to visit carnage upon our lands. All we want is peace and security of all lives and properties.

We may be situated in the north, but we do not subscribe to your barbaric tendencies or share your hateful views, especially not towards those who have brought nothing but growth and progress to our dear state. The Igbo people are peace-loving citizens of Jos and its environs. Any attempt to cause harm to any of them will see the offenders leave first, one way or another. No Citizen of Plateau State origin will want harm done to any southerner resident in the state.

Our lands are not slaughterhouses.

I believe I speak the minds of most middle-beltan youths on this subject, especially those of our brothers and sisters in Benue, Kogi, Nasarawa, Taraba, Southern Bauchi, Southern Kaduna, and Kwara.

To us all, the "Kaduna Declaration" catchphrase is nothing more than a myth, a fantasy, and a delusion. Keep that shiit out of our lands!

All we want is development.

cc: Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44. Please take this to the front page for everyone to know our stand.

I may be just one person, but I speak the minds of my people. Thank you.
north have nothing to do with jos ,and benue
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 10:26am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Laudate, UK has voted to leave the EU. Please does it mean that you can no longer find Britons in other EU countries? Please answer.

UK voted to leave a continental body or association, not a country. Don't you know the difference between opting out of a continental body, and seceding from a country? So what kind of example are you citing here? Is the EU now a country?
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2017
Oxenomy:
help ask him.. These pathetic fake morons always go ballistic when ever they are called out for what they are..

The same People crying one Nigeria are the same people who insult other ethnic groups and justify Buharis 97 and 5% statement.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 10:27am On Jun 11, 2017
Oxenomy:
you are very pathetic..

Nah, the word pathetic applies to you actually....it suits you to a 'T'.
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Oxenomy: 10:30am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

UK voted to leave a continental body or association, not a country. Don't you know the difference between opting out of a continental body, and seceding from a country? So what ind of example are you citing here?
what on India and Pakistan?
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 10:31am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
The same People crying one Nigeria are the same people who insult other ethnic groups and justify Buharis 97 and 5% statement.

As if your own folks do not insult other ethnic groups. undecided The clown you quoted stated clearly that the Middle-Belt would be slaughtered by the Fulani herdsmen, and wished death upon the MB region. That was why I called him out for his derogatory remarks. Yet, that is the kind of joker you are in agreement with. Why am I not surprised? Birds of the same feather flock together...
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Oxenomy: 10:31am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Leave those imbeciles.. Sometimes I just disregard their hypocrisy but they tend to rub it on our face thinking that we are all fool.. angry

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Oxenomy: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

As if your own folks do not insult other ethnic groups. undecided The clown you quoted stated clearly that the Middle-Belt would be slaughtered by the Fulani herdsmen, and wished death upon the MB region. That was why I called him out for his derogatory remarks. Yet, that is the kind of joker you are in agreement with. Why am I not surprised? Birds of the same feather flock together...
Has it been happening? Yes.. Do you want to admit it? No because you are a hypocrite and a pathetic fake ass

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

UK voted to leave a continental body or association, not a country. Don't you know the difference between opting out of a continental body, and seceding from a country? So what ind of example are you citing here?

Mr. man EU as is presently structured has many features of a country; Common currency, free movement etc. Being a country is not only by name. The EU has the feature of a country and functions as one. So there is no difference in the UK secession and secession from a country, say Nigeria. What about the scottish referendum? If scotland had voted to leave the UK do you think they would have deported all Scots and seized their property? No! They will only have lost the benefits of citzenship like their movement in and out of UK would have more restrictions and they might have lost the right to vote. But outright immediate deportation and seizure of property is off the table. No country worth a reputation does that this days.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

I do not tolerate such habits and I did not even know he wrote that.
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Oxenomy: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

I didn't call for the MiddleBelt to be slaughtered, I only said that will happen with reference to what has been happening which everyone is aware of.. Take for instance what is happening in southern Kaduna, what is happening in benue, and other places in the north..
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Oh really, you did not know the genesis of my exchanges with him on this thread and you jumped into the fray to support him?
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Mr. man EU as is presently structured has many features of a country; Common currency, free movement etc. Being a country is not only by name. The EU has the feature of a country and functions as one. So there is no difference in the UK secession and secession from a country, say Nigeria. What about the scottish referendum? If scotland had voted to leave the UK do you think they would have deported all Scots and seized their property? No! They will only have lost the benefits of citzenship like their movement in and out of UK would have more restrictions and they might have lost the right to vote. But outright immediate deportation and seizure of property is off the table. No country worth a reputation does that this days.

Oga, EU was NOT structured as a country at any time, even though the individual member countries had a common currency. Each country still retained its parliament, its own head of govt, its own internal security forces, its own courts, customs etc. Can there be two or more presidents within a country? So please do not promote this fallacy that the EU functions as a country.

The Scottish had a referendum, but did NOT embark on a secession. It is unclear why you have chosen to confuse a referendum with a secession. You need to conduct research into cases of deportation and retainership of property rights for non-citizens of a country. There was another thread that highlighted what happened to properties of Crimean & Ukrainean citizens when they seceded from Ukraine and voted to join Russia. Kindly educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 10:48am On Jun 11, 2017
Oxenomy:
I didn't call for the MiddleBelt to be slaughtered, I only said that will happen with reference to what has been happening which everyone is aware of.. Take for instance what is happening in southern Kaduna, what is happening in benue, and other places in the north..

Stop lying!! angry You are now claiming that you did not call for the MB to be slaughtered...? Was it your ghost that made this statement?
Oxenomy:
The Middle Belt knows that once we leave this cesspit called country, they are doomed for life because the Awusa/Fulani won't blink before sluttering them and acquire their land hence, they are doing everything possible to pacify Igbos to stay because we are the lifeline to their existence. This Malton moniker has said unimaginable things against Igbos on this forum and has never for one day apologized for it, but just make a turn around to write this long bullshit.. Maybe he thinks just like barcanista that we are stupid.. I want to let him know that we are leaving for good and anything they decide to do with the rest of the north is not our concern.. We might pretend to pander to his antics here to make him feel good but when the time comes, we will let him know that we are not stupid. To the stupid animals up north that issued the threat, why not make it 24hrs, 3 months is too long.. Bunch of bastards!
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by myright: 10:49am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

Oh, you didn't hear of Qatar citizens being given 14 days to leave the United Arab Emirates? Or you forgot that Nigeria deported Ghanaians in the early 90s?
yes, the governments have the power to deport foreigners living in their countries. The thugs and street urchins don't have those rights. If the youth decides to deport them, it would surely leads to a xenophobic attack and looting of these foreigners properties.
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 10:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Oxenomy:
Has it been happening? Yes.. Do you want to admit it? No because you are a hypocrite and a pathetic fake ass

Haba!! shocked But 'hypocrite' and 'pathetic fake ass' are your own middle names, now. You sef, check am nah!
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:22am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

Oga, EU was NOT structured as a country at any time, even though the individual member countries had a common currency. Each country still retained its parliament, its own head of govt, its own internal security forces, its own courts, customs etc. Can there be two or more presidents within a country? So please do not promote this fallacy that the EU functions as a country.

The Scottish had a referendum, but did NOT embark on a secession. It is unclear why you have chosen to confuse a referendum with a secession. You need to conduct research into cases of deportation and retainership of property rights for non-citizens of a country. There was another thread that highlighted what happened to properties of Crimean & Ukrainean citizens when they seceded from Ukraine and voted to join Russia. Kindly educate yourself.

Is Referendum not a means to get secession? So what is the difference ? And all those features you mentioned there are very much alive in many united countries most especially federal countries. USA is a single country but each state has its own constitution, electoral laws, company laws, legal system, police force etc. So EU can be called a country; an extreme form of federalism or confederation if you like.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:24am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

Oh really, you did not know the genesis of my exchanges with him on this thread and you jumped into the fray to support him?

I was only arguing on the points you raised which was the seizing of Igbo property or was it deportation of the Igbo.
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 11:31am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
Is Referendum not a means to get secession? So what is the difference ? And all those features you mentioned there are very much alive in many united countries most especially federal countries. USA is a single country but each state has its own constitution, electoral laws, company laws, legal system, police force etc. So EU can be called a country; an extreme form of federalism or confederation if you like.

Oga, there is a MASSIVE difference between referendum and secession. shocked Please conduct research into these areas. A referendum can be used to determine any issue that affects public interest, from a change of constitution to a change in currency. But secession is a breakaway from an existing state. The territorial sovereignty of such a state gets altered during a secession. Is that what happens in a referendum?

And your example of USA is quite different within this context. How many presidents does the USA have? 1, 2, 3 or 20?

As for the EU, there is no way it can ever be called a country. Do you want to go back in time to study the rudiments of Politics 101? undecided
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by ioreth69(f): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Hi dear, top of the morning to you.
gudmornin
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2017
Oxenomy:

Yeah. The existence of Nigeria helps in assuring the people of the middle-belt of some sort of security(whatever that means nowadays) but you put it in a manner that could provoke nah
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:42am On Jun 11, 2017
ioreth69:
gudmornin

Yeah. Been seeing ur moniker so wanted to chat up. Hw is abj's weather today?
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by ioreth69(f): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Yeah. Been seeing ur moniker so wanted to chat up. Hw is abj's weather today?
cool
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:50am On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

Oga, there is a MASSIVE difference between referendum and secession. shocked Please conduct research into these areas. A referendum can be used to determine any issue that affects public interest, from a change of constitution to a change in currency. But secession is a breakaway from an existing state. The territorial sovereignty of such a state gets altered during a secession. Is that what happens in a referendum?

And your example of USA is quite different within this context. How many presidents does the USA have? 1, 2, 3 or 20?

As for the EU, there is no way it can ever be called a country. Do you want to go back in time to study the rudiments of Politics 101? undecided

A referendum is also the only means used in civilised countries to determine whether a country should secede or not. So it is the most popular way to decide on secession eg Indonesia and East Timor, UK and EU, Quebec and Canada etc.
Also, I restate that the EU has the features of a country which is similar in some ways with US and other federations. Features of a country differs from place to place but the existence of a common currency and Open borders is very essential; a union which adopts these is showing signs of evolution into a country even though it is still a work in progress. Do you know that the USA has been regarded as a country since its independence but it the states once had different customs, military forces etc?
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:51am On Jun 11, 2017
ioreth69:
cool

Ok.
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by ioreth69(f): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Ok.
how r u?
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by laudate: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:
A referendum is also the only means used in civilised countries to determine whether a country should secede or not. So it is the most popular way to decide on secession eg Indonesia and East Timor, UK and EU, Quebec and Canada etc.
Also, I restate that the EU has the features of a country which is similar in some ways with US and other federations. Features of a country differs from place to place but the existence of a common currency and Open borders is very essential; a union which adopts these is showing signs of evolution into a country even though it is still a work in progress. Do you know that the USA has been regarded as a country since its independence but it the states once had different customs, military forces etc?

Oga, your post is filled with contradictions. The port regime and customs regulations in the various states that make up the USA, are not so different from one another. The US Armed forces is still one central, indivisible body. So is the US Air Force and its naval forces. They only answer to the President of the USA. The states only have their own different police force units. Now, I asked you a question earlier, how many presidents does the USA have? You have not provided any answers.... sad

As for the EU, you cannot call it a country by any stretch of the imagination. shocked It may have a common currency, and free migration may be encouraged within its borders. Free migration is also a common feature of regional bodies like Southern African Development Community (SADC), East African Community (EAC) which is an intergovernmental organisation composed of six countries in the African Great Lakes region in eastern Africa, the European Union (EU) which is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe etc. But each country still has its own President or Prime Minister, its own parliament, security forces, customs, etc. Can a country have multiple presidents ruling at the same time, like the EU does? So please remove that notion from your mind, that the EU is a country.

Finally, a referendum is not synonymous with secession. They remain two different things. Kindly stop mixing them up. Any referendum has the potential to fail. Just like Scotland's referendum did not succeed. A referendum does not automatically translate into secession. It is like saying a litre of petrol, is the same thing as a car, simply because a car contains petrol, or needs it to move.
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by coptic: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

Haba! But that is wicked, nah! sad The other guy was the first one to cast slurs on Malton. Is the word 'infidel,' not an insult as well?

Shame to bad people...! angry Tell Malton to stay strong!

I'm telling you.

He mailed the mods but they wouldn't even reply.

Banning someone for two months because they reacted to an offender is callous. And to think the offender was left to roam about freely.

But that's how low nairaland has descended, thanks to these mods.

I'll convey your message.

Thanks, boss.
Re: Northern Youths' Ultimatum: Keep Plateau And The Middle Belt Out Of Your Madness by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
laudate:

Oga, your post is filled with contradictions. The port regime and customs regulations in the various states that make up the USA, are not so different from one another. The US Armed forces is still one central, indivisible body. So is the US Air Force and its naval forces. They only answer to the President of the USA. The states only have their own different police force units. Now, I asked you a question earlier, how many presidents does the USA have? You have not provided any answers.... sad

As for the EU, you cannot call it a country by any stretch of the imagination. shocked It may have a common currency, and free migration may be encouraged within its borders. Free migration is also a common feature of regional bodies like Southern African Development Community (SADC), East African Community (EAC) which is an intergovernmental organisation composed of six countries in the African Great Lakes region in eastern Africa, the European Union (EU) which is a political and economic union of 28 member states that are located primarily in Europe etc. But each country still has its own President or Prime Minister, its own parliament, security forces, customs, etc. Can a country have multiple presidents ruling at the same time, like the EU does? So please remove that notion from your mind, that the EU is a country.

Finally, a referendum is not synonymous with secession. They remain two different things. Kindly stop mixing them up. Any referendum has the potential to fail. Just like Scotland's referendum did not succeed. A referendum does not automatically translate into secession. It is like saying a litre of petrol, is the same thing as a car, simply because a car contains petrol, or needs it to move.

I said that the US different states once had different Customs,excise rules and military but they were still regarded as one country then. Those days are far over. You also said that the EU states have different presidents and Prime ministers and that is true. But the question is what is in a name? They may answer president but many of the powers that a president in US have they do nt have eg they don't have total powers over migration as the EU in Brussels largely dictates it; they do not have powers over currency as Brussels dictates it; even foreign affairs of the EU is dictated by Brussels. So the question is that "does the tag Of President or Prime minister really matter?" what matters is in their powers which is increasingly becoming as narrow as that of a US governor. And mind you the EU has a president. Organisations like the SADC and ECOWAS are also showing signs of becoming a country like the EU is also showing but they are still backward. Do they even have common policies as per migration from other non-ECOWAS states to theirs? The EU has all these.I never said that the EU is a country; I only siad that it is evolving into one and is showing increasingly signs of a country.
And who said that Biafra is a certainty? It ought to be put to vote as not all Igbo are in support of it. If it fails then case closed; if it succeeds then secession starts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dr Ifeanyi Ubah Decamps To APGA, Endorses Obiano / Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident / House Of Reps Rejects Bill Proposing 6 Years Per Term For President, Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.