Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. (56834 Views)

Is It Wrong For This Young Lady To Have Accepted Lunch Before Being Interviewed? / A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook / He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by dee02(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2017
Idrismusty97:
Well God's plan have cause two other people with better qualification their jobs. It is good to help but don't involved God in this unless your God is partial. Tell me how would you feel if you are among the two unfortunate people? With better qualifications or even experience yet you weren't given the job, Then your heard a teacher got the job. Won't you scream corruption? Is your God corrupt?

Thank you
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by samJ17(m): 7:47am On Jun 08, 2017
corruption & favouritism this is why Nigeria won't grow,u recommended him becos u knew him u even used 30mins to gist with him and just 5mins to discuss wat he came for do u even know if there was another person that would have been perfect for that job position?? no becos u knew him so he'd be the perfect one

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by DarryOsh(m): 7:50am On Jun 08, 2017
Uncommonbreed:
Please I have a question. Who can one use as a referee on CV.

People who can vouch for your character and work experience. If you are a fresh graduate you can use Your lecturers from school, Nysc LGI, Nysc employer at your PPA, Senior colleagues or bosses from places where you have worked or volunteered in the past. At worst, maybe friends of your parents.

Do not use your parents, relatives or friends.

It is also very important that you inform anybody you intend to use as reference so that when they get a call to vouch for you they won't be caught unawares.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by dee02(m): 7:51am On Jun 08, 2017
samJ17:
corruption & favouritism this is why Nigeria won't grow,u recommended him becos u knew him u even used 30mins to gist with him and just 5mins to discuss wat he came for do u even know if there was another person that would have been perfect for that job position?? no becos u knew him so he'd be the perfect one

Totally out of order I tell you.
OP you should be ashamed of yourself
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by aamstih: 7:51am On Jun 08, 2017
Are you familiar with the term 'Conflict of Interest'?

yemi2plus:
Very unprofessional. You don't bring emotion into things like this.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Puntblog: 7:52am On Jun 08, 2017
Truth.. Just wait till it gets to their turn... This time let it be Their mentor in secondary school who needs the job desperately. They won't have the balls to announce what they did. Hypocrites
Xxpress:
To those shouting UNPROFESSIONAL, NEPOTISM AND CORRUPTION; if you were in the shoes of the teacher, you wouldn't be saying such and many of your will do the same as the OP.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by psalmsjob: 7:57am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:

Just imagine....being a professional doesn't mean you should be heartless or emotionless.

People like you are robotic and that is infact very unprofessional in things like this.

To the OP you did well but you insinuated that you did it because he was good or in peace with whereas if he wasn't that should've been the more reason why you needed to do it except you want to be like him if he wasn't good.

Do every good thing that you have the opportunity to do to someone because there's always an evil or good you can do in every situation. Both got their reward!
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by jimenyo: 8:01am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Na you sabi,Oyibo Pepe!
"....very unprofessional..."indeed.... You see eeh, no vex,wait for your turn;when you find yourself in such situation,even with your father,exercise your professional prowess,ok?l hate pretender!
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by yemi2plus(m): 8:04am On Jun 08, 2017
aamstih:
Are you familiar with the term 'Conflict of Interest'?

Yes, I am a student of Politics.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Adebayo4all: 8:05am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Hahahaha

if na u,u go do the same.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by kaydp: 8:08am On Jun 08, 2017
BlueRayDick:
What sort of job pays you 48k even with professional certification and/or work experience ? I mean what sector of the 4cking economy is this said job? choi! Things don pass fall apart in this obodo Nigeria o.
Azin I weak. Probably cafe administrator. But then, the question should be, for how long will he be on 48k? It could be tripled after 3 months. Who knows? undecided
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by tintingz(m): 8:10am On Jun 08, 2017
LeanonGOD:
Contrary to Section what?.
Who's talking about "section"?

The corruption y'all scream when politician appoint their relatives, paddy paddy into office, or is it not corruption y'all call it?

Nigerians have finally embrace corruption using God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by begwong: 8:14am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Mumu. The qwetion u for ask be say:
Did the man has the minimum prerequisite, experience, qualifications etc. That's why we do have problems to getting work in this country with pple like u.
We have a staff who is just a secondary school cert holder earning over 90k monthly.
Where first class grads or those professionals with kpali wey full streets go get start up salary like Dat 4naija?
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Godfidence: 8:18am On Jun 08, 2017
kaboninc:

I will fail her, if she deserves to fail.

Be it my daughter, my father, my mother my sister, my gf, my best friend, whoever deserves to fail, I'll fail, especially when there's a sound reason to do so.

And there's no apology for that.

Sometimes these things are done to strengthen you. To make you go the extra mile. To make you work harder and smarter.
It is easier said than done bro...I know your type.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by dejavuh0007(m): 8:24am On Jun 08, 2017
And this was how Nigeria got to where it is today. Favouritism. Just hear ursef, u Disqualified 2 other qualified candidates with professional certification just because of ur teacher and in d nearest future mediocrity will set in because u failed to recruit right people .

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Sike(m): 8:26am On Jun 08, 2017
DIVINE CONNECTION INDEED.................
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Geenickel(m): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2017
Only a fool would treat with contempt a mate or any individual that comes across his/her way.........
life is a turning table
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by kaboninc(m): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2017
Godfidence:
It is easier said than done bro...I know your type.

You don't know my type oga....

You don't know me sef..

Only if you know what I've done and will do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Revolva(m): 8:31am On Jun 08, 2017
LIFE....that is it
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by joeace2020(m): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2017
Nigerians and sentiment
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Mustay(m): 8:33am On Jun 08, 2017
loswhite:
Was he qualified for the job? If yes then wat ever you are saying is rubbish... so because I knw someone doing the interview and I am qualified for that reason I should not get the job abi? Continue to speak your English but wait till u are one wearing the shoe...I won't be surprise if u are from South South precisely urhobo/isoko coz they are the ppl that think like this...foolish thinking

To each his own. You are entitled to your opinion - I have stated mine and did not insult anyone. Your attempt to define my tribe or whatsoever shows to me the kind of engagements I know are better avoided on NL. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by eduevolutionnow(m): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2017
divinevie:
Big man ow far
Small Man, I dey.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:38am On Jun 08, 2017
Uncommonbreed:
Please I have a question. Who can one use as a referee on CV.

You can use Howard Webb, or Colina or the guy that refereed the champions league final cheesy

Bros na joke oo grin
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Mustay(m): 8:42am On Jun 08, 2017
Caseless:
Did the OP say his former teacher didn't meet the requirements? Who on earth wouldn't pick his teacher for a job? He helped mold into your present person. If you say your teacher is not qualified, then you're indirectly telling the company that you're not qualified too.

In fact, among the applicants, he's the only one he could vouch for and does not have to ask that boring question of "tell us about yourself" by most interviewers.

What do you think the company would say if he picked another candidate and the candidate failed? It will also rub off on him. So, there's even a justification for him to pick his teacher and take the blame when he fails than take same blame for people who have not "imparted" in his life.

What happens to the spirit of "take a bow and go"?

You know, normally I will not respond to some comments because people are entitled to their opinions. More so, the teeming population of young people here who are probably not exposed to such things do not warrant a response as the forum is more of a playground and fantasy league to them. My dear, what you are simply doing here is all JUSTIFICATION, QED. You should have asked him, how many minutes did he spend with the others? Would he have behaved differently if someone joined him in the interview panel or there was a CCTV camera in there? I would have written more but this guy here just summarizes it for me:

joey150:
I just have one simple question to put out there;

If my Uncle is in a public position where he can influence recruitment, and he ends up giving all his nephews and nieces a job appointment; 1.we are qualified and 2. He knows our abilities.

Now to those of you out there who applied and didn't get a fair chance to contest for that same job, how Would you feel?

Please if you answer this honestly, then case closed!

Divine arrangement right? Well pray you are not on the opposite side of that "arrangement" one day. Because God is a just God. According to what i was taught.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by proff010: 8:50am On Jun 08, 2017
U did well.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by vickylincon(m): 8:54am On Jun 08, 2017
BlueRayDick:

Come on! I know graduates earn as low as 20k, but imagine having BSc accounting and then ICAN certification join and tell me u take a 48k job? Anh ahn....i will kuku go and teach in a secondary school for 20k and do extra lessons to the tune up for 30k or more both during weekdays and weekend.

Even a third class graduate does not deserve to earn that low with professional qualifications na
when there's no job nko. if I tell you how much I earn sef, you go open mouth
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by myles24: 8:54am On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
What if he's fit for the job?
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Kakamorufu(m): 8:55am On Jun 08, 2017
Krystalzkris:
There are some kinds of secondary school teachers you can't do this for grin
I cannot do that for Mr oje and Mrs Williams. Lai lai angry
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by MaziOmenuko: 8:55am On Jun 08, 2017
loswhite:
How can u call this corruption? Do u knw the definition of corruption? So Donald trump the American president is corrupt right? Coz the last time I checked his daughter and son inlaw are appointed as special advisers....please only use your moral code when u knw the person u knw is not qualified not when someone is qualified and then u deny the person simply because u knw the person, that's rubbish

Lame comparison: Donald Trump employed those as his own special advisers; not state advisers or anything. the OP did not establish his own company, using another person's company to return personal favor is wrong. Did you read where he wrote that the others shortlisted for the job had certifications which his teacher did not have? You guys are just shutting your mind from the truth and shouting god this god that upandan. Its evident that the only place morality is thought is from the churches, and so far, I can see that your pastors are doing a lousy job indoctrinating you with silly ideas of divine connection instead of reward for excellence.

I am really afraid for the future generation. Please let none of you cry foul if CBN does a back-door recruitment because those recruited are 'divinely' connected and 'favored' of God. Wait for your own divine connection and Godly favor.

3 Likes

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by 1980Loyality: 9:09am On Jun 08, 2017
manson5011:
Its obvious that life is a cycle.
There was this job vacancy in my place of work and 8 people did apply for it which they were to be interviewed yesterday.

By privilege as an Admin/Acct Officer I was authorized by my HR who was engaged in a crucial meeting to conduct the interview on his behalf so far I know what the company requires.

Lo and behold among them was my secondary school Teacher who did teaching practice (TP) when I was in SS1.

We were both shocked when we saw each other, looking at each other, I smiled and said Sir kindly have a seat.

We gist for 30mnts then I used 5mnts to ask him where he worked before now, that's all.

Meanwhile, I recommended him OK for the job and asked him to come and start work tomorrow.

It is good to live peacefully with all men as you may not know where your turning table will stop next.
The question is, was that a dishonesty for me to have picked him as there were 2 people who had professional certification ahead of him?

Nairalanders over to you!
it is just favor. God wants to humble him and favor through you. Keep it up bro.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by hillsokah(f): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2017
Another thing u all fail to consider is that the teacher is some one the Op can vouch for. forget about sentiment he knows the teacher can fit in to the position. It is not always about certificate most especially in this country where we value certificate more than the knowledge. favouritism nepotism and all that aside if that teacher was not hardworking nd committed to his job back then no amount of favour would have gotten him that job.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / 2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.