Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,888 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. (56838 Views)

Is It Wrong For This Young Lady To Have Accepted Lunch Before Being Interviewed? / A Lady I tried To Give A Job Of N393,000 Blocked Me On Facebook / He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by graciousolo(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
galax1:
DAT was divine arrangement 4 him it breaks protocol. rem u were not d person dat should have done d interview but Gods plan made u act as his helper

This is the first post with over 1000 likes that I have seen on NL...

I assume that this means two things; very obvious ones at that.

1. Nigerians are very religious.

2. Nigerians are looking for jobs... Desperately.

It is well.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by taylor88(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Krystalzkris:
choba

u on WhatsApp
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Kakamorufu(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Livez:
NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION PAST QUESTIONS.
Don't wait until you are short listed before you start reading for your immigration interview. If you meet with all the criteria listed, it is most likely you will be shortlisted. Remember your reading cannot be complete without practising with past questions. You need to know how the questions are set. We have some of the past questions set in previous interviews in soft copy, if you are interested, whatsapp : 08035260233 for it. Practice makes perfect, start practising with past questions now.
for how much
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by ibawon(m): 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
The Most likes on Nairaland I've ever seen
If your time to Shine is Now, No One can delay you

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by visi123: 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
That is what is call mercy... The person has received mercy. And mercy is when you get something you don't deserved.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by CoCoLav(f): 12:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
galax1:
DAT was divine arrangement 4 him it breaks protocol. rem u were not d person dat should have done d interview but Gods plan made u act as his helper

Sigh
It's over for Nigeria

Nepotism is now seem as divine arrangement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by 1stNumeroUno: 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Op has not done anything wrong.
Firstly, for the teacher to have been selected for interview that mean he's qualified for the job. As much as we want op to be professional, it's important to know that its difficult to hid 'emotion' in this situation. As for the teacher - congrat to him, only someone that has experienced this before will understand.
I had similar experience at the interview for my first job. One of the interview panel member was from the state I just finished my NYSC. He saw it on my resume and started probing. It now happened that his father was the first principal in the school I had my PPA and the serving principal at that was his distance cousin. He was so happy with me as I describe his people/place with many positive attributes (#who won't grin). The other panel members were just looking on and when we were done with 'our chit-chat' I was asked just 2-3 questions. Immediately after the interview he asked if I have the principal's number. I answered affirmative and he followed me out to the receiption. We called the man and it was like a wonderful family re-union for the 2 men. My mind just dey sweet because the principal drop some positive comments about me. While on my way home I was called to come pick-up appointment letter the next day. Till I left the company everybody call me "Omo Femi".

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Meetleader: 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Very unprofessional. You don't bring emotion into things like this.

Hey man ... it depends on the career in question...

fields like medicine, piloting is a no no.. u cant gamble these...

But when it comes to professions like sales supervisor etc certain things can be overlooked...

Don't be to hard jare...
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Meetleader: 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:

Hey... it depends on the career in question...

fields like medicine, piloting is a no no.. u cant gamble these...

But when it comes to professions like sales supervisor etc certain things can be overlooked...

Don't be to hard jare...
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
Daboomb:

If it does not mean anything, how come the Employers call it ADDED ADVANTAGE..... or dont you know the meaning of that phrase?

Your statement makes me doubt you ever wrote and passed the Certifications you are claiming.
It is people who have failed in the "attempt" to have Certifications, that trash it.
Just like those school drop-outs will cite one fortunate drop-out (out of millions) as the reason for saying Education is a waste! grin grin
I have seen many of your types in the past.
grin grin

In those days if you get the right 'cheats' anyone with a good memory can pass IT certification exams, but it doesnt mean you know sh!t. I kid you not. There's a reason why all over the world it is extremely difficult for fresh DBAs to get jobs (in US especially)

You sound like a green-horn job seeker, because if you're not, you'll realise experience trumps professional certificate any day.

I'm working in a field I majored in in the university, so it doesn't really matter now.

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Hennygee(f): 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
if u wer to conduct a job interview for ur relation,wld u b sentimental or not?

good question
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by GoodFaith: 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
MistadeRegal:

You're right.
Professionally, it's not right to do such.
But on the other hand, what I see there is 'Divine Intervention'.
So in cases like this, I let others comment.
In Job interview different thing does happen USA or Canada
You can walk into to an interview
The interviewer might say
where are you from ?
You say Nigeria, Oh , I have work with a Nigerian before , he is really a a smart dude
Surprise , you will take soccer and or stuff
I got a call from one director, he say my name and said i just spoken with a guy
I thought that was you on the other end
He will start work for me and i say great
One of your people is married to a one director daughter
I was surprise when people came to me to told me he was a Nigerian
Had the job without an interview
This is a government job
It's how you connect to the interviewer
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Eaugusta(f): 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
eduevolutionnow:

Break protocol untop 48k job, HAHA! Guy u must be sleeping.
All fingers are not equal, someone's tithe is someone's salary and funny enough most of them live happier than those receiving millions as salary.
When you are contented u will always be happy
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Mitocyan: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Oga chairman u that u are shouting very unprofessional. Please with all your professional certificate and PhD if you go do Interview for UK, they will still employ a citizen over you.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by VajanahDischaj(f): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
TWoods:

This post makes me really sad. Black people have a problem.
including white, yellow, pink and brown people! ode
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by alanspeco(m): 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
is there any system in the world that there is no nepotism? even little. if you give a madman hoe he will move it to his direction.
Mustay:

Supported. Where you realise that you have a conflict, simply step aside or have someone else do this.

We all know we have biases and I totally understand the moral part the OP is trying to make but what OP does not realise is that, this is NEPOTISM. Nepotism is also a form of CORRUPTION.

Just to emphasise, nepotism is "the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs".

The irony or negative consequences of such actions is that the candidate's future performance or character can rub off on you or affect productivity later.

Nigerians compromise truth using religions and the likes but the truth remains the truth no matter whose ox is gored. Like UDF will say

"Conscience is an open wound, only the truth can heal it” - Uthman Dan Fodio
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by GoodFaith: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mitocyan:

Oga chairman u that u are shouting very unprofessional. Please with all your professional certificate and PhD if you go do Interview for UK, they will still employ a citizen over you.
He might have PHD, and IT cert
but somebody with a Master degree might have 10 to 20 year experience
Might have other connection -- like for worked IBM before or a Bank
The interviewer have worked for IBM and a Bank
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by alanspeco(m): 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
me sef dey surprised!
ibawon:
The Most likes on Nairaland I've ever seen
If your time to Shine is Now, No One can delay you
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by GoodFaith: 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
alanspeco:
is there any system in the world that there is no nepotism? even little. if you give a madman hoe he will move it to his direction.
I have seeing Job posted
and I know the job was created for somebody or they have somebody in mind
I applied for a job , I didn't get interview
I email the dude that did the interview, he didn't respond
I know the director very well
I sent director email
The interviewer end up calling me after the director spoke to him and his manger
see trouble
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
omoelerin1:
nigerians and religion. when we succeed in our desire even if it is through dubious act it is miracle/favour but if it is failure what will you call that one? i dont know what concerns god in such triviality.
Oga I won't answer u
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
ATK4Joy:
I can like this your post million times! Whenever God is set to remember to favour anyone He does with anyone to quarry Him!
sis I dey believe God die. Don't mind all those wicked souls

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by loswhite(m): 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

What are you ranting about? Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump aren't staff of the White House in whatever capacity. Both are currently overseeing a trust that included the Trump Organization assets alongside their normal day-to-day business. That they campaigned vigorously for their dad doesn't mean they are his political advisers. Trump evidently didn't hand them any political post due to conflict of interest, same thing every sane person on this thread advised the OP to do.

Don't quote me again kid, find your mates and play along with them.

dumb goat who is Ivanka? Who is kushner? You are very silly and you lack up to date information...next time just shut your mouth up if u don't knw abt topic...if u don't knw Ivanka is trump daughter and her husband which is his son in law are special advisers in the white house then Google and update yourself goat!!!!!
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by vickylincon(m): 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlueRayDick:

It is well bro....Am just shocked. God will provide something better
amen. thanks bro
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by kaydp: 3:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
galax1:
Omo shocked see likes
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by ussy09(m): 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Fear this kind of human beings

1 Like

Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by GoodFaith: 4:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

What are you ranting about? Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump aren't staff of the White House in whatever capacity. Both are currently overseeing a trust that included the Trump Organization assets alongside their normal day-to-day business. That they campaigned vigorously for their dad doesn't mean they are his political advisers. Trump evidently didn't hand them any political post due to conflict of interest, same thing every sane person on this thread advised the OP to do.

Don't quote me again kid, find your mates and play along with them.

Cut your BS
The daughter and son-in law
Son in law major player
My director's son in law work for us, Nigerian and black
government job
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by akaahs(m): 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=fabregas04 post=57278810]You did great bro, Kudos. Proffesional certification is merely added advantage, provided he had d minimum required qualification and he's trainable. Like we used to say in our Sec school days "seniority is not for ever" [/quote
Bro believe me a senior is a senior forever
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Bathuayi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
galax1:
This s the first tym am seeing dis much likes on a post. Mehn U killed it...
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Bathuayi(m): 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
galax1:
This s the first tym am seeing dis much likes on a comment. Mehn U killed it...
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by psalmsjob: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
tintingz:
Lol, do you know if the ex teacher the op helped didn't help another person in situation like this?
It's very plausible that the ex-teacher might not have helped someone else in same situation but he still got this help nonetheless because every act of kindness is an independent act that has its reward.
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Priest69(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
Uncommonbreed:
Please I have a question. Who can one use as a referee on CV.
A WWE referee
Re: How I Interviewed My Secondary School Teacher For A Job Of 48k. by Ezionye(f): 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
Which performances is he sure of? Was d job role for that of a teacher?

If u were one of the other candidates not given equal opportunity, will u still say this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / 2018 Exxonmobil Recruitment For Engineers (Experienced And Graduate Trainees) / 22 Years: The Age Requirement For A Job I Stumbled Upon Online Today (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.