Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

N-Power Lagos Thread - Jobs/Vacancies (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N-Power Lagos Thread (156902 Views)

Recent Job Vacancies In Lagos {thread} / Unannounced Vacancies In Lagos Thread- New Update / N-POWER Lagos State Let Us Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
NPower Batch A & B To Receive Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP) Loans
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management Mrs Sadiya Umar Farouk also in charge of social intervention program has confirmed the exit of batch A & B beneficiaries from Npower program.
The exit package is loan from GEEP ranging from 100,000 to 300,000 depending on the performance of beneficiaries in psychometric test which is scheduled to start soon.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 8:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Video: NPower Batch A & NPower Batch B Volunteers Entitled To Loans

The Minister of Finance, Budgeting & National Planning, Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed was interviewed on NTA earlier this morning on a discussion "Nigeria Economic Sustainability plan - part 2" and someone asked a question regarding NPower exit which honorable responded to as watch Video below.
https://npower-news..com/2020/07/npower-batch-b-to-receive-government.html
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
undecided

So you used two full years out of thier lives and then the best you can think of is 300k loan as retirement benefit.

AM SURE the loan has interest too
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
SpecialAgent:
undecided

So you used two full years out of thier lives and then the best you can think of is 300k loan as retirement benefit.

Infact God will rescue us
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by U1(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
SpecialAgent:
undecided

Nigerians! What do NYSC members get after receiving pittance for allowee for a year at the end of their service year? Do they even get mobile devices that some N-Power participants got?

The loan could go a long way for those who have vision and business acumen. I want to believe the interest rate, if any, would be friendlier than what banks would charge.

No, I don't support the government and don't trust politicians. But it's important to note that half a loaf is better than none. Many people would jump at this offer.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by mailbrilliance(m): 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
Clueless government. They better use Abacha's recovered loot to create industries for the teeming youths.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 10:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
mailbrilliance:
Clueless government. They better use Abacha's recovered loot to create industries for the teeming youths.
It is well
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
U1:

Nigerians! What do NYSC members get after receiving pittance for allowee for a year at the end of their service year? Do they even get mobile devices that some N-Power participants got?

The loan could go a long way for those who have vision and business acumen. I want to believe the interest rate, if any, would be friendlier than what banks would charge.

No, I don't support the government and don't trust politicians. But it's important to note that half a loaf is better than none. Many people would jump at this offer.

Not in this case, They should be given a full loaf of bread. You guys fired them in the middle of global recession. Am not sure if you are into business, but currently taxes are pretty damn high, or did I also mention $~450, which means imports are expensive. look around price of things keep increasing. I rather give my cousins that 300k with no interest than let them collect it from the FG.

The minimum should be 500k loan with no interest. let these people have some hope please. Get profits through taxations instead
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by CopaMike(m): 4:38am On Jul 14, 2020
Please oo is application still going for NPOWER batch C?
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by U1(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2020

Not in this case, They should be given a full loaf of bread. You guys fired them in the middle of global recession. Am not sure if you are into business, but currently taxes are pretty damn high, or did I also mention $~450, which means imports are expensive. look around price of things keep increasing. I rather give my cousins that 300k with no interest than let them collect it from the FG.

The minimum should be 500k loan with no interest. let these people have some hope please. Get profits through taxations instead

You're not wrong. But what I was getting at is you should consider that side-by-side with what's obtainable. You're talking about the ideal, which is hard to obtain in this country.

I was coming from the angle of a government or country that doesn't care! You'd be surprised that many people would jump at an opportunity to get that knowing such doesn't come all the time.

Did I also mention that some (probably most) participants absent themselves from their points of duty as some corps members do? Both the "leaders" and followers are culpable in this country.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Rex913: 8:06am On Jul 14, 2020
AutosBay:
Some of you are complaining that you did not get the confirmation email after submitting your registration. If you are yet to get the confirmation email, simply exercise some patience it will come. Make sure you check your spam mail.

For over 2 weeks I registered, no confirmation email. This is very scary my brother.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Rex913: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2020
CopaMike:
Please oo is application still going for NPOWER batch C?

I think it's still ongoing.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2020
Rex913:

I think it's still ongoing.
Yes it is 4million plus applications so far
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2020
NPower Volunteers To Embark On Peaceful Nationwide Protest.
Come 16th July, 2020, the entire 500,000 NPower Volunteers of both batches A & B of the NPower Scheme would conduct a peaceful protest.
Venue; all states capital including the FCT.

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 2:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
The 2 NPower Interviews That Revealed FG NPower Exit Transition Plan

The Minister for Finance, Budgeting & Planning had on two occasions revealed Federal Governments' exit plan for the outgoing volunteers in an interview with NTA on a subject matter "Nigeria Economic Sustainability plan - part 1 and 2" which the volunteers should take cognisance of.

On February 12th, 2020, the Minister of Finance Zainab Ahmed in an interview on "NTA Tuesday Live" disclosed that the veteran NPower beneficiaries will get GEEP Loan so they will not return back to the labour market and on the 13th of July 2020, the Minister was interviewed again on NTA Morning show which she disclosed that the outgoing volunteers will get GEEP loan. In both interviews, her statement remains the same, nothing changed which means the Federal Governments' plan on exit still remains the same.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
NPower: Massive Application An Indication Of Public Acceptance Of NPower Batch C

The massive application of youths for the NPower Batch C stream of the NPower programme has been attributed to the transparent process the honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouk has introduced in the execution of programmes and policies in the ministry.
This statement was made in an interview by Dr Gbolahan Agbaje, a renowned policy and development expert.
He explained that the initiation of the NPower Batch C stream of the NPower Scheme by the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development under the leadership of Sadiya Umar Farouk is indeed an indication that the government is sensitive to the plight of the youths in the country.
“I cannot but praise the honourable minister for the way and manner she has carried on with the implementation of the various intervention programmes under her ministry. The example of the massive registration by youths for the NPower Batch C Stream of the NPower program is quite alarming.”
“Even though the Federal Government plans to enrol 400,000 NPower volunteers in the NPower Batch C scheme, over 4.48 million youths have registered for the programme. This is an indication that the honourable minister is indeed thinking outside the box in ensuring that the policies of the federal government on the youths in the country are fully executed”
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by lokoventurex1(m): 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2020
undecided

If only I could get that 300k loan plus interest with a flexible modules of paying back, I'll jump at it. Fine, our leaders failed us, but in a way, 300k is good for me as I speak. I don't want the commercial banks and MFB loan schedules ooo
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 4:51am On Jul 16, 2020
lokoventurex1:

If only I could get that 300k loan plus interest with a flexible modules of paying back, I'll jump at it. Fine, our leaders failed us, but in a way, 300k is good for me as I speak. I don't want the commercial banks and MFB loan schedules ooo
Well you are speaking from your point of view
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2020
NPower: Massive Application An Indication Of Public Acceptance Of NPower Batch C

The massive application of youths for the NPower Batch C stream of the NPower programme has been attributed to the transparent process the honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouk has introduced in the execution of programmes and policies in the ministry.
This statement was made in an interview by Dr Gbolahan Agbaje, a renowned policy and development expert.
He explained that the initiation of the NPower Batch C stream of the NPower Scheme by the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development under the leadership of Sadiya Umar Farouk is indeed an indication that the government is sensitive to the plight of the youths in the country.
“I cannot but praise the honourable minister for the way and manner she has carried on with the implementation of the various intervention programmes under her ministry. The example of the massive registration by youths for the NPower Batch C Stream of the NPower program is quite alarming.”
“Even though the Federal Government plans to enrol 400,000 NPower volunteers in the NPower Batch C scheme, over 4.48 million youths have registered for the programme. This is an indication that the honourable minister is indeed thinking outside the box in ensuring that the policies of the federal government on the youths in the country are fully executed”
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2020
NPower Reassures Payment Of June Stipend To Npower Volunteers

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
NPower volunteers in FCT protested today. Luckily for them, they met the Senate President who told them to come back next week Thursday for negotiation.

Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Sirakj(m): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Interested in a passive side hussle with huge returns on investment? What you may need is xtralarge farm ventures. Chat me up if interested 09062215839.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 6:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
Sirakj:
Interested in a passive side hussle with huge returns on investment? What you may need is xtralarge farm ventures. Chat me up if interested 09062215839.
Please try not to derail this thread. Thanks
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 7:05am On Jul 19, 2020
Reports from situation Room suggest that, the delay in payment is as a result of;
1. due to the fact many have not been paid, march, April and may stipends
2. Double stipend paid to some beneficiaries
3. Exited Beneficiary that got credited
4. Reasons for flagged Accounts
However the ministry in conjunction with the Accountant General are working tirelessly in making efforts on:
1. Accounting reconciliation
2. GEEP implementation on portal ongoing.
3. Proper Transition of Both batches.
Therefore lots of progress is so far achieved. We expect Greenlight by next week.
Kindly Note: that she won't pay for June Stipend unless all issues are sorted out, To prevent the cry of none payment to some any longer.
Copied.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
June Stipend: My Deepest Apology, GIFMIS is Ready Sadiya On Deutsche Welle (DW) News.

NPower Batch A and NPower Batch B will start receiving June Stipends within the week, and July stipend will follow next week. The Federal Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has approved June stipend.
In a conversation with DW News, Sadiya Umar Farouk blamed flagged accounts, where some NPower volunteers received double payment last month.
She also blamed GIFMIS as a slow but effective platform for huge credit transactions for Social Investment Scheme like the NPower scheme.
Many NPower volunteers have taken to various social media platforms to complain over the delay of their stipends. But the system is already set to credit NPower volunteers, she stated.
GIFMIS platform takes seven days to process payment, that is, if order is given now, it will take one full week before NPower volunteers get alerts.
All NPower volunteers owed will also be paid at once before disengagement into transition, she added.
This will be the last stipend for Batch A NPower volunteers as they exit the programme, the Federal government is transitioning volunteers into a new level of partnership, whose details are not clear.
NPower Batch B will be eliminated same way, by July ending, giving way for Batch C entrance
https://npower-news..com/2020/07/video-my-deepest-apology-gifmis-is.html?spref=tw
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 7:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
English Transcribed Of HM Sadiya Farouq Interview On DW Hausa On Npower Issues
on July 19, 2020 in npower news, Sadiya Umar Farouq
HM Sadiya Umar Farouq had an interview today with DW Hausa live on Facebook by 2pm today and we transcribed key things she said about Npower. Read below:

The minister of humanitarian affairs, Sadiya Umar Farouq explains the role of her ministry, what they do and when it was established by Mr.President.

According to her, the preparing for Npower programme is here strong. President Buhari is seeing that there is a need to help unemployed graduates with opportunities in farming, health Teaching.

She said batch A was exited in June and we will see how we will exist batch B this July. Some of the Npower volunteers have started a business.

The portal has open to take new people. There is no religion in the recruitment process, if you are qualified you will be selected.

Our plan is to make sure that we see beneficiaries become self-reliant and so far 1330 volunteers have established their own business.

The Minister also talked about the displaced person, how they are making sure to see that they get back to their homes.

Regarding stipends payment, she said some have collected for those who have not this week we are entering they will collect their pay. Some with two to three months backlogs are those who abscond from their PPA deliberately and were reported and are the victim of non-payment scenarios.

Source - Npower Discussion Group
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 10:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
NPower: Sadiya Umar Farouk Discusses Fate of NPower Beneficiaries

Binta Zumi- What can you tell us about NPower?
Sadiya Umar Farouk- NPower is an initiative by the president to alleviate poverty among the youths in Nigeria

Binta Zumi- What is the fate of NPower Beneficiaries?
Sadiya Umar Farouk- NPower is a 2 years volunteer scheme designed by the Federal Government of Nigeria due to some issues the NPower Batch A beneficiaries were not exited, but now they are exited, NPower batch B beneficiaries will be exited by next week.

Binta Zumi- Are there any plans for these exited NPower Beneficiaries?
Sadiya Umar Farouk - About 100,000 NPower beneficiaries are now entrepreneurs, while those who could not because business owners will be giving a non compulsory Loan, we are currently in talks with CBN to grant NPower Beneficiaries access to various forms of loans such as GEEP, AGSMEIS, and ANCHO BORROWER.

Binta Zumi- Will NPower Beneficiaries be paid their June stipend?
Sadiya Umar Farouk- By next week NPower beneficiaries will start getting alerts.
https://npower-news..com/?m=1
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 6:58am On Jul 21, 2020
NPower Thursday’s Meeting Might Suffer A Set Back As Senate President Pays Tribute to Funtua

The planned Meeting with the Senate President Ahmed Lawan might suffer a setback, as the senate president pays tribute to the family of late Mallam Isa Funtua come Thursday.

The senate president had earlier promised to meet with NPower Volunteers 23/06/20, to negotiate the fate of NPower beneficiaries.

This may no longer be attainable due to the sudden demise of the president’s close ally (Mallam Isa Funtua); the Senate President might pay condolence to the family of the late Mallam Isa Funtua.

Though no official statement as to the postponement of the planned meeting with the Senate President

NPower Volunteers seek for a reverse in the disengagement plan already implemented by the Minister For Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, Sadia Umar Farouk.

It is glaring, that the National Assembly is aware of the plight of NPower volunteers, as both the House of Representatives and Senate have shown interest in NPower issues.

Both houses have summoned the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouk on issues hampering the growth of the NPower programme.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
NPower Volunteers To Be Paid This Week, Sadiya Umar Farouk

The Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Investment Program, Sadiya Umar Farouk said NPower Beneficiaries should expect their June stipends this week.
According to Sadiya, NPower volunteers' June stipend payment will start this week. She stated this in a live video interview with DW Hausa news on Sunday 19th July 2020.

The Minister also emphasized that NPower Volunteers who are owed two to three months backlog will be paid if they have no issues in their respective places of primary assignment. She said some of the NPower volunteers who have not been paid for three months were those who were reported for absconding from their places of primary assignment.

"So expect to begin receiving your June stipends this week and do not forget to begin strategizing on what you will use your June stipends for since this may be the last stipend payment for NPower batch A volunteers" she stated.

NPower Batch A was officially exited June while NPower Batch B will be exited this month July 2020. However, the NPower volunteers have scheduled for a peaceful protest in Abuja come Thursday 23th July 2020 where the NPower volunteers all things being equal, will be meeting with the Senate President Ahmed Lawan to discuss issues regarding their exit.

NPower volunteers' concern is to see that they are not sent back to the labour market without a proper exit package. NPower volunteers are supposed to be transited to the Government Entrepreneurship Scheme (GES) and that transition seems to be slow, according to the NPower volunteers.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by Ezemarcel(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2020
AutosBay:
NPower Volunteers To Be Paid This Week, Sadiya Umar Farouk

The Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management & Social Investment Program, Sadiya Umar Farouk said NPower Beneficiaries should expect their June stipends this week.
According to Sadiya, NPower volunteers' June stipend payment will start this week. She stated this in a live video interview with DW Hausa news on Sunday 19th July 2020.may God almighty punish this woman .....today is 21july and she is talking about paying June salary

The Minister also emphasized that NPower Volunteers who are owed two to three months backlog will be paid if they have no issues in their respective places of primary assignment. She said some of the NPower volunteers who have not been paid for three months were those who were reported for absconding from their places of primary assignment.

"So expect to begin receiving your June stipends this week and do not forget to begin strategizing on what you will use your June stipends for since this may be the last stipend payment for NPower batch A volunteers" she stated.

NPower Batch A was officially exited June while NPower Batch B will be exited this month July 2020. However, the NPower volunteers have scheduled for a peaceful protest in Abuja come Thursday 23th July 2020 where the NPower volunteers all things being equal, will be meeting with the Senate President Ahmed Lawan to discuss issues regarding their exit.

NPower volunteers' concern is to see that they are not sent back to the labour market without a proper exit package. NPower volunteers are supposed to be transited to the Government Entrepreneurship Scheme (GES) and that transition seems to be slow, according to the NPower volunteers.
may God almighty punish this woman......this is July 21 and she is talking abt paying June stipend
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2020
*PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL LAGOS STATE NPOWER.*
Let's join hands to pray for our representatives as they are on their way to Abuja for due deliberation concerning NPOWER Batch A & B issue at the National Assembly at Abuja.
Let's endeavour to sponsor there trip by paying a subsidized fee also let remember them in the spirit for safe journey. Amen. CHEERS.

WE SHALL ALL HEAR GOOD NEWS CONCERNING NPOWER BATCH A&B.
Re: N-Power Lagos Thread by AutosBay(m): 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
NPower Experiences Motivated Us Into Entrepreneurship

As the Federal Government disengaged NPower Batch A and Batch B beneficiaries to give way for NPower Batch C applicants, some of the disengaged NPower beneficiaries have shared their experiences and their future plans. Many of the NPower beneficiaries in Kano said that they were shocked by the disengagement as they thought Federal Government had plans to retain them as permanent workers.

But the Minister For Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouk, recently said no fewer than 109,823 NPower beneficiaries of the scheme had become entrepreneurs. Farouk, in a statement by her Special Assistant on Strategic Communication, Halima Oyelade, said the NPower beneficiaries of both Batch A and B had established businesses in their communities. Umar Khamis, an NPower Batch B, NTeach beneficiary, said the programme afforded him the opportunity of becoming Independent even before securing another job. “With the monthly allowance of N30,000, I was able to venture into textile business.

“I now sell yards with a capital base of more than N150,000”, Khamis said. He added that he was also able to venture into agriculture since he first got enrolled in the programme in 2017 and has been able to make an average annual gain of N150,000 since then. Similarly, another NPower Batch B beneficiary, Mustapha Ibrahim, said he was able to establish two pharmaceutical store from his monthly savings. Ibrahim, who is an NHealth beneficiary said, “With the little monthly gain also, I have been able to take care of two of my siblings to higher institutions.
The NPower beneficiary said he was also able to run a POS shop and got married too. Another NPower beneficiary said he now has more than N450,000 capital all saved from his monthly stipend, he thanked the Federal Government for the NPower program, adding that to him, the aim of the programme was successful. Fatima Ahmad, an NPower Batch A beneficiary, said the programme gave her a means of sustaining her life and also helped her to support her husband in managing and sponsoring many things in their home. She said with her stipend she was able to set up a business at home. She said she saved some of the stipends for about six months and bought a fridge and started selling pure water and ice block. Yaseer Lawal Adam, another NPower beneficiary in Kano, who was in NPower Batch A of the scheme, said he started a poultry business from his savings from the scheme. Adam, an NHealth beneficiary, added that he had now diversified his business to supplying and selling of textiles and soaps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (59) (Reply)

Jobs In Nigeria | Vacancies / Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) August 2013 / PH Based Oil Companies, Their Addresses, Phone Numbers & Websites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.