Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,350 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? (59567 Views)

Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' / Meet Olaitan Oyetola, Biography Of Osun State First Lady To Be (photos) / Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Baroba(m): 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Maryam Babangida.. elegant, beautiful, poise and intelligent.. Remember better life for rural women. Shame her husband was a brute.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by joepentwo(m): 5:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Flora Azikiwe and Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi.
Nice women!
Dem empowa me widt loans
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by pweeryambre: 5:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
Debaddest:
Kip Kwayet.... Diaris God oo!
lol...I don't know why this "kip kwayet" always cracks me up.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
1bkaye:

Lmao I was a baby too, it's based on what I've read
Now we are decoding ur age 90s baby most likely. Can u turn my photo into a cartoon??
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by spencekat(m): 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dame Patience Jonathan.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
Piiko:
Now we are decoding ur age 90s baby most likely. Can u turn my photo into a cartoon??
Lol yeah I'm a 90s baby, no. Maybe try an online app
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
1bkaye:

Lol yeah I'm a 90s baby, no. Maybe try an online app
we late 80s people are not into photo apps, thanks tho how has ya day been??
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
Piiko:
we late 80s people are not into photo apps, thanks tho how has ya day been??
Lol late 80s ke, thought you were younger tbh. Day was fine thanks, you?
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
1bkaye:

Lol late 80s ke, thought you were younger tbh. Day was fine thanks, you?
Am old was born 11/89, my day is pleasant. Safe, lemme leave u for ur crushes
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by 0b100100111: 5:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mama Peace`s vocabulary really made her the most popular first lady on the continent.

You cant just take it away from her!

She was popular!
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
Piiko:
Am old was born 11/89, my day is pleasant. Safe, lemme leave u for ur crushes
I see, crushes ko, I think someone's probably trolling lol, have a nice evening though smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by omaolowo(m): 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
MrPolitics:
Nigeria has had 14 first ladies since 1963. Which of these women is/was the most popular at her prime?

1. Flora Azikiwe - 1963-1966

2. Victoria Aguiyi-Ironsi - 1966

3. Victoria Gowon - 1966-1975

4. Ajoke Mohammed - 1975-1976

5. Oluremi Obasanjo - 1976-1979

6. Safinatu Buhari - 1983-1985

7. Maryam Babangida - 1985-1993

8. Margaret Shonekan - 1993

9. Maryam Abacha - 1993-1998

10. Fati Lami Abubakar - 1998-1999

11. Stella Obasanjo - 1999-2005 (only first lady to have died in office)

12. Turai Yaradua - 2007-2010

13. Patience Jonathan - 2010-2015

14. Aisha Buhari - 2015-present

which of these first ladies is the most popular?

For the records....
1. Flora Azikiwe's tenure could as well been from 1960 when her husband became the country's Governor & General upon our Independence - and not necessarily from 1963, when we became a Federal Republic (because her husband's appellation of "President" was merely ceremonial

2. General Yakubu Gowon was an unmarried bachelor on his becoming the Head of State in 1966. He married his wife Victoria only in 1967 - during the war.
Victoria's reign could not be from 1966

3. Mrs Olufemi Obasanjo could not have been termed as the First Lady during her husband's first outing as the Head of State between 1966 - 1979
Despite peace moves from Obas, Kabiyesi, Church Leaders, etc, it did not work out.
During this entire time, lady Permanent Secretaries, etc acted when the occasions demand for First Lady!

4. From 1 Oct 1979 - 31 Dec 1983 when Alh Shehu Shagari was the President, none of his wives was known nor ever presented as First Lady

Thank you
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by hollyray2016: 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
none of the above
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by daniecrown06(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Amberon11:
Ojukwu is dead but his manhood lives on - PEJ
Nigerians and their oversabi,she is very correct, go and check up the meaning of manhood in the dictionary.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by juman(m): 5:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Patience was a thug.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by intruxive(m): 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
Most nairalanders are definitely indomie generation, thats why they will chose patience over mariam babangida.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Benteazaa(m): 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
ok
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by SirMazi: 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
bamosagie:
Its between Maryam Babangida, Stella Obasanjo and Mama Peace......
I will give it to Maryam Babangida.
The most popular not the best....Nigerians always sentimental
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Goalnaldo(m): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
i just asked my grand mother and she said the one that said "my fellow widows"

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by SirMazi: 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ikem11:
Stella was and remain the most popular presentable first Lady Nigeria ever had. She was outspoken, polite and frequently participated in different functions
The most popular not the best....Nigerians always sentimental
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by SirMazi: 5:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
vicadex07:
Its between Mariam Babangida and Stella Obasanjo. Both were top notch classy women.

Patience on the other hand na agbero. She was uncouth and unladylike. That made her popular for all the wrong reasons.

Mama peace was notorious, not popular.

If she isn't throwing grammatical bombs and bullets today, she will be busy bullying one governor or the other, or probably calling some group of people "born throway" undecided

She was such a huge comic relief and was instrumental to the electoral loss of her husband grin
The most popular not the best....Nigerians always sentimental Gosh!!!
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by baby124: 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
mediocre:
Patience and Mama peace na the same person now
Sorry I meant to say Stella OBJ.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Cyriloha(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:
FORGET THAT SHE DIED WHILE IN OFFICE BUT STELLA OBASANJO WAS THE MOST POPULAR FIRST LADY.

sweetie your right in fact your just after my ♥
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Cyriloha(m): 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ikem11:
Stella was and remain the most popular presentable first Lady Nigeria ever had. She was outspoken, polite and frequently participated in different functions

sorry man that's your own opinion

when it comes to out spoken give it all to mama peace no sentiment at all
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by procky(f): 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
Patience drew Stella

Click the link on .my signature Watch the most Funniest Comedy Short film by two years old Hilarious actor.. He's soooo funny grin grin
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by jordinsparkles(f): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
Patience Jonathan
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Ejaisky: 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
Maryam Babagida
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Aburi001: 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
Evablizin:
Mama peace patience Jonathan.teacher na only you waka come ok continue,chai there is God ooo this blood you people are sharing, lols.Mama you are too much
Ojuku is dead but his MANHOOD lives on grin
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by dingbang(m): 6:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
Stella Obasanjo
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by amdoyin82(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:
FORGET THAT SHE DIED WHILE IN OFFICE BUT STELLA OBASANJO WAS THE MOST POPULAR FIRST LADY.
na lie.. Mama peace. Patience Jonathan is the most popular among them. Her vocal made her popular
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by kalu61(m): 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
who no Know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Throwback Video Of Peter Obi Declining When Mbaka Asked Him For Money / Fulani Herdsmen Cause Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Port Harcourt Shuts Down For Peter Obi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.