Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? (59568 Views)

Aisha Buhari: Call Me 'First Lady' Not 'Wife Of The President' / Meet Olaitan Oyetola, Biography Of Osun State First Lady To Be (photos) / Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by IYANGBALI: 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
jotey:
maryam babangida

fine woman
with fine pu^ssy
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by petitejolie(f): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
people don't understand wat it mins to be popular. if u do u will realise its mama peace.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by alizma: 9:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
the response here just reflect age bracket of majority of nairalanders( indomie children). is it that our mothers don't tell the young ones stories anymore, how come the better life madam seems to have been​ forgotten so soon?
I stand by Mariam Babangida.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by ogahug: 9:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:
FORGET THAT SHE DIED WHILE IN OFFICE BUT STELLA OBASANJO WAS THE MOST POPULAR FIRST LADY.

I don't know how old you are. I beg to disagree with you. Maryam Babangida remains the most popular almost getting more popular than the husband IBB himself. This woman had local, national and international popularity. She gave women voice in Nigeria even though it was a military regime. She carried the Hausa Yoruba and Igbo women along. She was a key figure in the Beigene conference. No sentiments.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by ogahug: 9:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ikem11:
Stella was and remain the most popular presentable first Lady Nigeria ever had. She was outspoken, polite and frequently participated in different functions

You never knew Maryam Babangida
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by lexy2014: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
baby124:
Patience, Mama Peace and Turai
OK u didn't meet maryam babangida
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by ogahug: 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
jojomario:
It's between Stella and Patience.

Now I can tell your age. You are less than 25yrs. No program by any first lady has beaten " Better Life For Rural Women". From my Primary 5 till the end of my Senior Secondary Schl, she was in power and I cannot forget her in a hurry; Maryam Babangida
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by jumobi1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
FL Maryam or FL Patience
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by baby124: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
lexy2014:
OK u didn't meet maryam babangida
She was not as fun and controversial as these 3 women up there.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Xkay29(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
Maryam Babangida ,followed by Stella Obasanjo and Turai Yaradua, the innocent Stubborn woman.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Trexnemesis(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
Afro Candy
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by PStacks(m): 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:
FORGET THAT SHE DIED WHILE IN OFFICE BUT STELLA OBASANJO WAS THE MOST POPULAR FIRST LADY.

so "My fellow widow" is not popular abi?

How can ojukwu's Manhood live on even if he his dead and u say mama peace isnt the most blunderously popular.

all these blood u people are sharing.. chai cahi.. dia ris gordu ooo..

sambo and my husband is a good man..

abeg jor.. nobody popular reach mama peace of Africa.

las las I miss the woman jare.

when no be only me waka come..

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by lexy2014: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2017
baby124:

She was not as fun and controversial as these 3 women up there.
OK ooh
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by zaynf: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
All ur judgment was because your this generation. But Maryam Babangida was most popular
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Princekings(m): 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dame Patience Jonathan.1st lady a difference.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Fourwinds: 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
teelaw4life:
I used to hear tales about a certain Mariam while growing up. Not sure if it's Abacha or babangida.
It is Mariam Babangida....most of those giving it to PEJ and Stella Obj never really know who Mariam Babangida was....up till date no first lady has been her in beauty., dressing and programmes for rural women.. she was one dat bring d position of first lady to limelight.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Fourwinds: 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
teelaw4life:
I used to hear tales about a certain Mariam while growing up. Not sure if it's Abacha or babangida.
It is Mariam Babangida....most of those giving it to PEJ and Stella Obj never really know who Mariam Babangida was....up till date no first lady has been her in beauty., dressing and programmes for rural women.. she was one dat bring d position of first lady to limelight..

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by bonifieldstun(m): 11:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
GloriaNinja:
LOL FUNNY
looks funny right, but am really serious about it
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by somehow: 12:04am On Jun 09, 2017
princesspinky:
who else noticed that mama peace and mariam babangida are the prettiest among all

See an optician! no offence.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 09, 2017
GloriaNinja:

You are young. Maryam Babangida was by far the most popular First Lady
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by NLProblemChild(m): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2017
Evablizin:
Mama peace patience Jonathan.teacher na only you waka come ok continue,chai there is God ooo this blood you people are sharing, lols.Mama you are too much
comman dash me small likes from this post now..

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by GloriaNinja(f): 12:36am On Jun 09, 2017
bonifieldstun:
looks funny right, but am really serious about it
so what should I do about it?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Evablizin(f): 5:03am On Jun 09, 2017
NLProblemChild:
comman dash me small likes from this post now..
lols oya take,i dash you 200likes

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by yatty4emmanuel(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2017
Haha,is This A Question? Who In This Country No No? Infact 4rm Now Till The Next 15yrs No Forth Coming 1st Lady Can Cantab That Record; With Statements Like; " I Rather Kill My Self & Than To Commit Suicide" & The Likes Like," My Fellow Widows" Madam P.E.G,no One Like You.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by mapet: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2017
alizma:
the response here just reflect age bracket of majority of nairalanders( indomie children). is it that our mothers don't tell the young ones stories anymore, how come the better life madam seems to have been​ forgotten so soon?
I stand by Mariam Babangida.

Going thru the posts I felt same. These Indomie children are simply ignorant...... comparing PEJ to Mariam Babangida is like compary classless to class

but that said, the question is vague and useless. What are the criteria for "popularity" here?
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by segzyogondus(m): 9:54am On Jun 09, 2017
Mariam Babangida gave meaning to the seat I would say a founding father of the seat..... Stella Obasanjo was out spoken presentable and attended functions..... Patience Jonathan (Hmmmm)....I say again (Hmmmmmm) una mind dey tell una say I no fit talk finish for her matter she just ........ I no Know how to describe this woman but she kept the office busy and popular with her Grammar since her husband was the quiet type she became the Agbero sorry to say..... These 3 ladies were popular in their own way
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by davidadenrele: 11:14am On Jun 09, 2017
GloriaNinja:

I totally.....totally!!! Disagree with you excepts you not a Nigerian the most loved, most popular, most respected, most useful, most caring First Lady Nigeria was Mariam Babangida.

Despite the harsh hard.economy in.80s into.late.90's.under the military junta.of IBB she.endeared Nigerians with her good smiles,philiantrophism,care, love, empathy, humanitarian support, women empowerment no First has ever do what she did while in office as a First Lady till date i laughed scornfully when.you mention.Stella Obasanjo.

Had it not been.for Maryam.love and good will IBB regime would have witness much.more.bloodly coup than Gideon Okwa.There's no way Stella Obasanjo.can.claim.popularity more Mariam Babangida have you.forgotten Better!!!....Better!!!....Life for.rural women Better Life even King Wasiu Ayinde wax a.record with.theme.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Blonchilli(m): 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
dodelight:
For me, it's between Maryam Babangida and Mama Peace (Patience Jonathan). I actually think most of those giving it to Stella Obasanjo belong to the indomie generation. Just saying, though. No offense meant.
Late Maryam Babangida was the first first lady to give meaning to that office. Gone are those days- Better Life!
Mama Peace! Hmmm...
Anyway, she was popular for being a loose cannon.
I don't agree sir. Mama Peace was popular for all the wrong reasons and since her husband left office she seem to disappear into oblivion except for the saga with EFCC. However I'll admit I was only a toddler when Maryam was first lady and even my elders and parents don't rate her highly. Those times were good times and she will definitely be remembered. However Stella was what a first lady should be. She had class, she could represent Obasanjo at an event and would get an applause, her work in charity and giving to the people made us love her more. I cried like she was someone I know when she died. She's the first lady Nigeria need. Not this concubine turned wife we have now
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by dodelight(m): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
Blonchilli:

I don't agree sir. Mama Peace was popular for all the wrong reasons and since her husband left office she seem to disappear into oblivion except for the saga with EFCC. However I'll admit I was only a toddler when Maryam was first lady and even my elders and parents don't rate her highly. Those times were good times and she will definitely be remembered. However Stella was what a first lady should be. She had class, she could represent Obasanjo at an event and would get an applause, her work in charity and giving to the people made us love her more. I cried like she was someone I know when she died. She's the first lady Nigeria need. Not this concubine turned wife we have now
The thread is about popularity, and not effectiveness.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by bonifieldstun(m): 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
GloriaNinja:
so what should I do about it?
lol bless me with beauty
Re: Who Is The Most Popular First Lady Nigeria Has Ever Had? by arushiuga(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mariam babangida is the only first lady of Nigeria that I know. The others are counterfeits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Throwback Video Of Peter Obi Declining When Mbaka Asked Him For Money / Fulani Herdsmen Cause Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Port Harcourt Shuts Down For Peter Obi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.