Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Arranged Marriage! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Arranged Marriage! (1905 Views)

Arranged Marriage,in This Modern Days(hit Or Miss)? / What Are The Advantage And Disadvantages Of Arranged Marriage? / past tense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arranged Marriage! by ebila(m): 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
I've got a very good friend of mine who's supposed to get married soon to someone her parents selected angry.She doesn't really love the guy cry in question but feels she'd get by.Will you agree to an arranged marriage?
Re: Arranged Marriage! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2010
Its not as bad most people from back in the day were married this way and they going on strong 30-40yrs later.
Re: Arranged Marriage! by angel4ever(f): 8:31pm On Jan 20, 2010
there is nothing wrong with arranged marriage it is just to get the right person but sha i dont support it
every dat is old enough shld go out and find their life partners
Re: Arranged Marriage! by ebila(m): 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Its not as bad most people from back in the day were married this way and they going on strong 30-40yrs later.
In that case,u won't mind if ur parents were to do that to u huh?

angel4ever:

there is nothing wrong with arranged marriage it is just to get the right person but sha i dont support it
every dat is old enough shld go out and find their life partners
Then y don't u support it?
Re: Arranged Marriage! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2010
Not as all as long as the person is ok, I guess im ok with it.
Re: Arranged Marriage! by Pwaves(f): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2010
Iv seen arangd marriags fail cos parters luv dfrnt pple. They nver luv or undstnd each othr n culd nt tolerate themslvs
Re: Arranged Marriage! by ebila(m): 9:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
Pwaves:

Iv seen arangd marriags fail cos parters luv dfrnt pple. They nver luv or undstnd each othr n culd nt tolerate themslvs
My point exactly!

Ebonyeyes:

And if u're already in a relationship?
Re: Arranged Marriage! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2010
arranged marriage can be good or bad depending on who is looking at it:

- if anyone reads through the columns of NL, you will realize how many "desperate to marry anyone" people are out there. so to these people, an arranged marriage wouldnt be such a bad idea.

- people who can easily meet and interact with people of the opposite sex will have NO PROBLEM in finding a partner by themselves and therefore an arranged marriage will be wrong for them.

to each their own!
Re: Arranged Marriage! by elecktra(f): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

really they still do that ?? that is so 70's na wa o, well my parents will not try that one with me sha,they know the kind of daughter they  have,what if the

arranged husband is a nit-wit i ll now be stuck with him for the rest of my life ?? God forbid. we are in the "hip" century now, things dont work that way nymore

pple should just get over themselves and grow up arghhh !!!  angry angry
Re: Arranged Marriage! by echobee(f): 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2010
na wa o.i am speechless
Re: Arranged Marriage! by ebila(m): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
echo- bee:

na wa o.i am speechless
No be ur fault!!!

elecktra:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

really they still do that ?? that is so 70's na wa o, well my parents will not try that one with me sha,they know the kind of daughter they  have,what if the

arranged husband is a nit-wit i ll now be stuck with him for the rest of my life ?? God forbid. we are in the "hip" century now, things dont work that way nymore

pple should just get over themselves and grow up arghhh !!!  angry angry

No vex na! grin
Re: Arranged Marriage! by henryhemon(m): 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

And i thought you are the woman of the modern age?are you kidding me?

@poster,
I thought it has gone with the wind?come to think of it,why will one marry someone arranged for him/her?Either he/she doesn't know what they want or they are desperate and in the case of a man,he doesn't simply know how to say hello to a woman,that's my take.
Re: Arranged Marriage! by angel4ever(f): 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2010
Then y don't u support it?
my parents doesnt have d right to tell who and who not to marry dat is why i dont support it. this is a free world
do what you wanna do. i wldnt end up to marry an arranged marriaged because am desperate( of course am not), no lady is desperate it just because of their menopausething, and i wldnt at all smiley
Re: Arranged Marriage! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
henryhemon:

And i thought you are the woman of the modern age?are you kidding me?

@poster,
I thought it has gone with the wind?come to think of it,why will one marry someone arranged for him/her?Either he/she doesn't know what they want or they are desperate and in the case of a man,he doesn't simply know how to say hello to a woman,that's my take.
Im all modern hun wink Just open to all options smiley
Re: Arranged Marriage! by koolchicco: 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2010
Arranged marriage is a NO NO.

However, We can't deny it happens tho!
Re: Arranged Marriage! by snthesis(m): 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
@posts
i guess any girl dat agrees wit d post is either 16-21 (under parents influence) or 29 -45 (in need of parents influence)
Re: Arranged Marriage! by platinumnk(f): 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2010
2 things:

If one of the persons is in love with someone else, IT WILL NOT WORK.

Arranged Marriages at times Work, I'm a product of a Strong One cheesy

But honestly men are NOT like they were 30 years ago, so I would definitely leave Arranged marriages alone.
Re: Arranged Marriage! by Casee: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2010
Its wrong,personally i know i will cheat on d person,except mayb we grow to love each other
Re: Arranged Marriage! by Casee: 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2010
Its wrong,personally i know i will cheat on d person,except mayb we grow to love each other
Re: Arranged Marriage! by koolchicco: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2010
platinumnk:

Arranged Marriages at times Work, I'm a product of a Strong One  cheesy

Mind explaining further? shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Arranged Marriage! by platinumnk(f): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
^ My parents had an arranged marriage - their 25th anniversary is coming up, anything else?  cheesy wink smiley
Re: Arranged Marriage! by ebila(m): 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2010
koolchicco:

Arranged marriage is a NO NO.

However, We can't deny it happens tho!

Woah! U sound very, did ur folks try it on u? grin

platinumnk:

2 things:

If one of the persons is in love with someone else, IT WILL NOT WORK.

Arranged Marriages at times Work, I'm a product of a Strong One cheesy

But honestly men are NOT like they were 30 years ago, so I would definitely leave Arranged marriages alone.

I totally agree wif u. wink

platinumnk:

^ My parents had an arranged marriage - their 25th anniversary is coming up, anything else?  cheesy wink smiley
Ur parents didn't get married wen internet was discovered.My point is,it was in d very old days! undecided
Re: Arranged Marriage! by koolchicco: 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2010
platinumnk:

Wow, Good for u! tongue
Re: Arranged Marriage! by spikedcylinder: 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2010
I am very picky about humans beings so the chances of finding an arranged mate will be slim pickings. If I am forced into an arranged marriage, one person will be dead in six months, max.
Re: Arranged Marriage! by platinumnk(f): 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2010
spiky it cant be that bad naa tongue of course they will try to find the best match for you, not just random x's and o's grin grin grin
Re: Arranged Marriage! by ebila(m): 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
spikedcylinder:

I am very picky about humans beings so the chances of finding an arranged mate will be slim pickings. If I am forced into an arranged marriage, one person will be dead in six months, max.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

platinumnk:

spiky it cant be that bad naa tongue of course they will try to find the best match for you, not just random x's and o's grin grin grin
Just cos u got lucky doesn't mean he will. grin
Re: Arranged Marriage! by Uche2nna(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Chineke mee shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arranged Marriage! by ebila(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2010
Uche2nna:

Chineke mee shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin
Re: Arranged Marriage! by LordReed(m): 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2010
Anybody who is shoehorned into an 'arranged' marriage is no better than a person who marries for the wrong reasons. Heck they are one and the same.

The reluctance to enter an arranged marriage is already an indication that that marriage has problems already.

If parents arrange a partner for u whom u choose to embrace u will find it's not much different than if u found the person urself.

Unless I don't understand the meaning of arranged marriage I don't believe u can be forced into one. U chose to either for the wrong reasons or the right ones.
Re: Arranged Marriage! by spikedcylinder: 12:37am On Jan 22, 2010
Lol but it's the truth. I don't know how to suffer and smile. I will poison him, if he doesn't get me first. grin
Re: Arranged Marriage! by KennyG6(m): 12:45am On Jan 22, 2010
you never know, while its not ideal to have someone imposed on you one should never rule out the possibility of the 2 parties actually really liking each other on the long run. Like everything about love, always keep an open mind,
Re: Arranged Marriage! by ebila(m): 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Lol but it's the truth. I don't know how to suffer and smile. I will poison him, if he doesn't get me first. grin
Wot if u end up fallin' for him,u go still kill am? grin grin grin

Kenny_G:

you never know, while its not ideal to have someone imposed on you one should never rule out the possibility of the 2 parties actually really liking each other on the long run. Like everything about love, always keep an open mind,
Totally true! But den again,if u already hav som1,u wouldn't even giv d opportunity of like d person.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Favourite Love Song / Is It Right To Live Together With My Girlfriend In School? / 9 Steps To Be A Great Kisser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.