Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87142 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
bigsmoke2:

if his colleagues in the security post sustained gunshot wounds, chances are that bullets were penetrating the 9inch blocks of the security post, also he couldn't have been sure the number of robbersnew was up against, so staying in that place to continue engaging them with limited ammo wouldn't be smart if they're were more of them outside . U can imagine him waiting till he was out out of ammo before making a run for his life. He was a brave and gallant police officers may his soul rest in peace.

You're absolutely on point.

They were already disadvantaged because they were not paying attention so it was a loosing battle but the LEO that left the post in a hail of bullets was doing the right thing.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by femolala001(m): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
Look at the video closely. The robber that was gunned down by the police officer didnt die immediately. He was still breathing even b4 d video ended. His gang members could have carried him into the car perharps he would have survived.

Thank God dey caught them
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
bigsmoke2:

if his colleagues in the security post sustained gunshot wounds, chances are that bullets were penetrating the 9inch blocks of the security post, also he couldn't have been sure the number of robbersnew was up against, so staying in that place to continue engaging them with limited ammo wouldn't be smart if they're were more of them outside . U can imagine him waiting till he was out out of ammo before making a run for his life. He was a brave and gallant police officers may his soul rest in peace.
thats a concocted story. his only colleague ran away when he saw the guys. The security guy opening the gate was his colleague. a security and a popo. he was alone in that post
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

And you're posting from the war zone in Syria? wink

We have a difference of opinion, be matures and don't resort to childish antics. It's unbecoming of your username.

Hot lead with also dance around you as you cower in the corner.
You were been dismissive in your posts. That is irksome. angry

Besides, hot lead will dance around when I'm under cover BUT I will not be hit. That's being strategic.

Let me be a living dog rather than a dead lion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by nkemdi89(f): 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
kayo80:

What of the other two police men that died. Were they also inside the security post? And do you have info on the other people that died at the bank?
This incident happened in Owerri and it was already a forgotten issue, do you know how many police men have died in armed robbery incident in Owerri after that one? Do you another policeman last week Saturday was killed by armed robber at school road, its getting rampant in Owerri, and police don't celebrate the dead, it's only when you are alive to tell the story.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
logica:
Dude, are AK47s made locally? Please check well before you continue.
did you not see the picture of the weapons when they caught the guys ? rusty locally made weapons. its in the picture when the two guys were sitting on the ground after they caught them
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
i think with this, police men shouldnt only be at the security post of a bank but there should be another set stationed at the rear end of the bank for backup just incase something like this happens

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I just hope that your view does not represent the larger mass of the workforce.

It's a damn shame.
why dont you go and kill yasef for 50,000 naira job na. they will employ another person the next day. thats the end of you and ya story. and life continues as usual for the bank. if your own life is not valuable to you then thats ya own business because it is not valuable to anybody else.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
Kylekent59:
The first of the thieves to be aimed was the guy in white. Watch the video carefully and see, if u have a sharp eyes you will see the bullet passed him by. The target was missed and then comes the mopol again firing the ground 2 times before the driver moved forward abit.

I believe the first mopol man that left the post b4 the robbers entered was the first to aim the guy in white from outside b4 the other mopol inside the post fired.

Plz who observed dat?

No. You got it wrong. The man in white that left the security post before the robbers came in is a driver. And no, no one shot at the man in white. He shot at the security post immidiately he came out and i think maybe something ricocheted in his eyes.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
why dont you go and kill yasef for 50,000 naira job na. they will employ another person the next day. thats the end of you and ya story. and life continues as usual for the bank. if your own life is not valuable to you then thats ya own business because it is not valuable to anybody else.

You are progressively getting angrier, why?

You're letting the citizenry down by not discharging your duty. Why even have LEOs, when according to you they should all cower all over the place.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
sirshymmex watch this video and tell me what you think about this popo. would you have taken the actions he took ? or do you think he did way too much and caused his own death
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
nkemdi89:
This incident happened in Owerri and it was already a forgotten issue, do you know how many police men have died in armed robbery incident in Owerri after that one? Do you another policeman last week Saturday was killed by armed robber at school road, its getting rampant in Owerri, and police don't celebrate the dead, it's only when you are alive to tell the story.

Hmm!
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
prettyboi1989:
i think with this, police men shouldnt only be at the security post of a bank but there should be another set stationed at the rear end of the bank for backup just incase something like this happens

Right, they were all in one location gisting and properly complaining about low pay and salivating about their counterparts collecting bribes on the open freeway.

Listen, one or two of them should always be on active patrol of the premises.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Kylekent59: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
lekibraky:
The luckiest man of the Year was the man that just left the security Post
What about the gate man and that lady about to enter?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You are progressively getting angrier, why?

You're letting the citizenry down by not discharging your duty. Why even have LEOs, when according to you they should all cower all over the place.
what citizenry ? are the citizen paying ya salary or is ya boss paying ya salary ?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:

You were been dismissive in your posts. That is irksome. angry

Besides, hot lead will dance around when I'm under cover BUT I will not be hit. That's being strategic.

Let me be a living dog rather than a dead lion.

Strategically hiding is not serving the citizens that gave up their rights to bear arms and gave it to you. That's cowardice. I find your posts in support of cowardice to be pathetic angry

My posts are my posts, you quoted me originally. You don't have to.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by logica(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
did you not see the picture of the weapons when they caught the guys ? rusty locally made weapons. its in the picture when the two guys were sitting on the ground after they caught them
My guy, if you know about guns, you will know that they are not locally made. Those are AK47s. Even if they are old, they are still as effective as they were maybe 30 to 50 years ago when they were manufactured. In fact that's one of the selling points of the AK47 - durability. Please read more about it. Nobody can make a gun capable of firing semiautomatic or automatic locally. Observe the video and see shots being fired rapidly (automatic mode).

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Right, they were all in one location gisting and properly complaining about low pay and salivating about their counterparts collecting bribes on the open freeway.

Listen, one or two of them should always be on active patrol of the premises.
And if need be, the security post should be made of concrete walls so as to serve as means of defence during a shoot out.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
what citizenry ? are the citizen paying ya salary or is ya boss paying ya salary ?

When you have that answer, please share. If you care.

It's basic primary school level education.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
prettyboi1989:

And if need be, the security post should be made of concrete walls so as to serve as means of defence during a shoot out.

Exactly.

Reinforced concrete with ballistic glass.

Good ideas.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
logica:
My guy, if you know about guns, you will know that they are not locally made. Those are AK47s. Even if they are old, they are still as effective as they were maybe 30 to 50 years ago when they were manufactured. In fact that's one of the selling points of the AK47 - durability. Please read more about it. Nobody can make a gun capable of firing semiautomatic or automatic locally. Observe the video and see shots being fired rapidly (automatic mode).

Absolutely.

The AK is renowned for it's ruggedness in the field.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

When you have that answer, please share. If you care.

It's basic primary school level education.
lol bro, when you took on the job the boss gave you a rule of conduct book before you took the job, and a log. refer to the rule of conduct and the log. so you go by the conduct in the book and dont come and be playing rambo with arm robbers on bank premises. it is very unprofessional
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by icedondaniel(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

Anyhow, may the peace of thy Lord be with him.
So true...They have their reasons sha
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
logica:
my guy i saw the bullets bounce of the post the guard is in and it did not make a dent at all. the guy shooting from the car was firing at the post and it made no dent on the building. solid cement. he shoulda kept his ass in there and engage them from behind that cover
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
lol bro, when you took on the job the boss gave you a rule of conduct book before you took the job, and a log. refer to the rule of conduct and the log. so you go by the conduct in the book and dont come and be playing rambo with arm robbers on bank premises. it is very unprofessional

So the code of conduct asks them to cower like a yellow belly and hide in the guard shack?

You should share this book of yours that you were given.

The alleged dead LEO is a perfect example of a good police officer. He did his job very well. Cowards won't understand that, naturally.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Freethought(m): 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

Anyhow, may the peace of thy Lord be with him.

Correct Brain!!!

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
What happened to all the police dogs that used to be in service in the 80's in Nigeria?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Strategically hiding is not serving the citizens that gave up their rights to bear arms and gave it to you. That's cowardice. I find your posts in support of cowardice to be pathetic angry

My posts are my posts, you quoted me originally. You don't have to.

Wisdom is not cowardice. When confronting an adversary, you have to be strategic. One wrong move can be costly. sad

True, the citizens gave you the right to bear arms but they did not ask you to make decisions that will get you killed under the line of fire. undecided

Yes, I quoted you originally, and yes, I don't have to, but I choose to. What are you going to do about it? angry
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my guy i saw the bullets bounce of the post the guard is in and it did not make a dent at all. the guy shooting from the car was firing at the post and it made no dent on the building. solid cement. he shoulda kept his ass in there and engage them from behind that cover

Perhaps it hit a pillar (reinforced concrete with rebar) which would be impenetrable by a bullet from even an AK.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

So the code of conduct asks them to cower like a yellow belly and hide in the guard shack?

You should share this book of yours that you were given.

The alleged dead LEO is a perfect example of a good police officer. He did his job very well. Cowards won't understand that, naturally.
not cower, there are phone numbers in the log book that you alert for backup, and then alert the staff in the bank, there is a direct connection between the post and inside the bank. alert everyone and then observe and write down the number plate of the car if you can see it. thats ya job and not playing rambo on bank premises. if you feel you have an advantage then you can engage.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:
What happened to all the police dogs that used to be in service in the 80's in Nigeria?
They were shared among the police bosses.

I've quoted you again angry

In fact, I'm following you now sef.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:

Wisdom is not cowardice. When confronting an adversary, you have to be strategic. One wrong move can be costly. sad

True, the citizens gave you the right to bear arms but they did not ask you to make decisions that will get you killed under the line of fire. undecided

Yes, I quoted you originally, and yes, I don't have to, but I choose to. What are you going to do about it? angry

Continue to engage you and rebuff all your inane commentaries? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Found Pictures Of Herself In A Bottle In Her Friend's Closet (Photos) / Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] / Husband Kills Wife In Jigawa For Denying Him Sex Days After Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.