Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87129 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by shammah1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
Who told you?
ruggedtimi:
so sad...bravest nigerian caught on tape, nigeria police havnt arrested the robbers yet with the cctv evidence ...trust NYPD to be at the robbers doorstep after watching that video
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by LordOfNaira: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
nkemdi89:

That wasn't gallantry but suicide mission, how will a lone officer engaged four armed men, when you know their firing power is more than yours, he enganged them bringing their attention towards him, because they came for that other vehicle and not the bank ,he wasn't fully kitted to start with, no protective vest, why shot at them if you know you can't take proper cover and no hope of reenforcement. Its so unwise that he trying to dodge a live bullet when the men were fully engaging him. Anyway other men force will take precedence from his own unfortunate incidence and take " dressing ".

Watch the video. When the robbers came out of their car, the robber in white fired a shot in the direction of the security post. He returned fire to see if he could take the driver and the man in the back down.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by cybriz82(m): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
4dor:

If you watch the video very well you'll notice the driver was properly fortified, didn't fire a shot and walked calmly in the middle of gunfire.

U are right.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
millhouse:
shioo.. Baba u don do omila work before ni

U know whether i be olokpaa?! grin

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
those bullets cant pass through cement , and like i said, it is his limited thinking capacity that made him think he had to run into the face of bullets to run out of safety. thats an oxymoron. let me run into bullets to run out of safety lol . does that make sense to you ?

You keep saying the bullets can't pass through cement, you honestly don't know how the security post was built. It could be a very low substandard post. It's Nigeria, remember !!

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by LordOfNaira: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
so running into a hail of bullet fire is the option ? lmao. come on dude. i cant even get past the bolded

Watch the video. Immediately he got the guy, the robber in the back seat leaned back for cover and the policeman beat it. The robber in the back seat fired back out of fear. The policeman didn't actually run into a hail of fire.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Wadosky(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
After the Honda went in,
Nobody noticed that the robbers car passed the gate and later reversed before moving into the bank.
Look closely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:

Are you a military personnel? You are romanticising recklessness

I am a realist. My profession is my business.

Don't become a LEO if you must cower in the face of discharging your duties.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
Wadosky:
After the Honda went in,
Nobody noticed that the robbers car passed the gate and later reversed before moving into the bank.
Look closely

Yeah, you're only observant one - rolleyes

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
ollah1:

You keep saying the bullets can't pass through cement, you honestly don't know how the security post was built. It could be a very low substandard post. It's Nigeria, remember !!

An AK47 will pass through most Nigeria blocks like hot knife through butter.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by BahdGanG(m): 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
charles009:

Pistol versus an assault rifle, I go just woooze you better Slap..
You be James Bond? grin grin
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by naturalwaves: 12:11pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
very true. role rehearsals. however you dont take on that kinda job if you dont have nerves of steel. people with nerves of steel are calm under all situations. some are born to handle pressure and some are not. if you are not ? dont be a policeman wink
......not even in Nigeria where people die for nothing. Government needs to do more. As I am, I cannot get injured for Nigeria talkless of die for her. RIP to the brave man cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
for 50, 000 naira a year salary ? thats a slave mindset bruh

Your opinion and reality are different from mine in regards to slavery. You should be ashamed of using that word calously.

Don't take the job if the pay is not commensurate with the risk.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by logica(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
Whether he died or survived, I am sure it is the policy of the Nigerian Police not to release the man's private information (relative's information) to the public.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

An AK47 will pass through most Nigeria blocks like hot knife through butter.

That's exactly what i said. I believe he did the rightest thing having already engaged them. But since he survived it, great God
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
charles009:
As a trained marksman sergeant iboko made few mistakes.
1, he did not access the situation properly. There were two other officers with him, so no point panicking. You access and then engage. The two armed robbers that alighted from the vehicle shot sporadically, and advanced towards the target. (Money)The gun shot that reeled out from post, alerted the robbers attention.

The first target was to take out the driver...

2, he could have remained in his post, all advantage tilted towards his direction.

The robber behind, his role was to engage people from the outside, if he remained pinned down, at least his life would have been saved.
Rip seargeant, a brave man.

Talk is cheap. The other two police men inside there with him were already dead. Bullets from that thief he eventually killed penetrated the walls and killed the two officers in there with him. So, staying inside there was like being a sitting duck waiting to get killed.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I am a realist. My profession is my business.

Don't become a LEO if you must cower in the face of discharging your duties.
You obviously don't recognise rhetorical questions when they are asked.

It's easy to sit in the comfort of your home or wherever you are and pontificate, of course. The fact is the sergeant should not have broken cover and it cost him his life.

When you're in the line of fire, EgunMogaji, feel free to play Rambo. Hot lead will bring reality crashing down around you.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Your opinion and reality are different from mine in regards to slavery. You should be ashamed of using that word calously.

Don't take the job if the pay is not commensurate with the risk.
i dont think they are paying you 50,000 to risk your life. by going the extra-mile you are trying to win favors from the employer. its like the man who wants to carry the boss bag . thats called slavery bruh. your job description is to be a DETERRENT and not to be doing rambo on bank premises
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Kylekent59: 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
The first of the thieves to be aimed was the guy in white. Watch the video carefully and see, if u have a sharp eyes you will see the bullet passed him by. The target was missed and then comes the mopol again firing the ground 2 times before the driver moved forward abit.

I believe the first mopol man that left the post b4 the robbers entered was the first to aim the guy in white from outside b4 the other mopol inside the post fired.

Plz who observed dat?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Watch the video. Immediately he got the guy, the robber in the back seat leaned back for cover and the policeman beat it. The robber in the back seat fired back out of fear. The policeman didn't actually run into a hail of fire.
he did. a man is known to be shooting in your direction, even if he pauses for 5 seconds you dont run out and become an open target.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
ollah1:

bro, those are locally made guns. the bullet cant penetrate. unless the police post is made of wood which i dont think a bank would put a police post made of wood on premises.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by cybriz82(m): 12:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
rozayx5:

nope

the robbers were in worse position than him, holed up in a car, A well trained cop would have taken out at least 3 people, cause the ride was not even armored for that matter, shooting the doors and glasses wud kill the occupants

after he had already downed one of the robbers

Am telling u.he shudnt av ran out like dat after gunning down 1 of d robbers afterall those robbers didn't cme for him bt for d money.those robbers are new in d game thatz h dey left there fellow brother.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by nugwas: 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
The other two Mopol were the first to shoot at the car through the windows that was why the guy went straight there haven finished from there then advance through the door.
cybriz82:

Limited u say? Then wat abt d oda 2mopol weapon abi na toy guns?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by mentain(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
hrykanu231:
I watched that video with my bro and I was like this guy collect fire o(except him get odeshi). But the 2nd guy couldn't use the gun well(he pointed it downwards most times he pulled d trigger).
Op, did the gallant officer die of gunshot injuries? The most luckiest of them all perhaps, was that guy that left the security room
exactly
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
The luckiest man of the Year was the man that just left the security Post

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Pain(m): 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
He Should have maintained position. No one can take you out with a rifle in the position he was. Except they had an RPG. He would have taken them down one by one after deflating the tyres. We need to train the police force better
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
i dont think they are paying you 50,000 to risk your life. by going the extra-mile you are trying to win favors from the employer. its like the man who wants to carry the boss bag . thats called slavery bruh. your job description is to be a DETERRENT and not to be doing rambo on bank premises

I just hope that your view does not represent the larger mass of the workforce.

It's a damn shame.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by logica(m): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
At the end of the day:

All just to bury your father with fanfare eh?

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ishilove:

You obviously don't recognise rhetorical questions when they are asked.

It's easy to sit in the comfort of your home or wherever you are and pontificate, of course. The fact is the sergeant should not have broken cover and it cost him his life.

When you're in the line of fire, EgunMogaji, feel free to play Rambo. Hot lead will bring reality crashing down around you.

And you're posting from the war zone in Syria? wink

We have a difference of opinion, be matures and don't resort to childish antics. It's unbecoming of your username.

Hot lead with also dance around you as you cower in the corner.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by logica(m): 12:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
bro, those are locally made guns. the bullet cant penetrate. unless the police post is made of wood which i dont think a bank would put a police post made of wood on premises.
Dude, are AK47s made locally? Please check well before you continue.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by bigsmoke2(m): 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my question is why did he leave the vantage point and cover of that room he was where he had an advantage ? he is brave but he is stupid also. RIP tho. he had the advantage when he was in that room and he had cover but he chose to run out and then got shot.

when he was in that room anyone who walks up to the room is at a disadvantage as you saw when the robber walked up to the room and got shot and killed by him.
if his colleagues in the security post sustained gunshot wounds, chances are that bullets were penetrating the 9inch blocks of the security post, also he couldn't have been sure the number of robbersnew was up against, so staying in that place to continue engaging them with limited ammo wouldn't be smart if they're were more of them outside . U can imagine him waiting till he was out out of ammo before making a run for his life. He was a brave and gallant police officers may his soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
logica:
Dude, are AK47s made locally? Please check well before you continue.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Found Pictures Of Herself In A Bottle In Her Friend's Closet (Photos) / Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] / Husband Kills Wife In Jigawa For Denying Him Sex Days After Their Wedding

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.