Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87134 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2017
Vecharry:
wetin the other two policemen dey do?

If you watch the video very well, you would notice gun shots were coming from both the security post window and the door. I have a feeling the police man that ran out later was the one by the window, and the ones that died were by the door, and got killed by the armed robbers heavy fire. Thats why the armed robber had the guts to enter the security post. He had already gunned down two police men, and wasnt aware of a third one.

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2017
Even if he is alive, the police will say he is dead. It is a term in law called witness protection. The police sergeant is very much alive.

I can tell u from experience its very difficult to shoot a person lying spread out on the floor from a distance using an ak47. The recoil will always shift yuh aim.

Believe this at yuh own gullibility level. But the police will never tell u he is alive. And how can a police officer not hv his info in the police database. This is just an attempt to protect his identity

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by naturalwaves: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You are right and it mimics what I had said earlier.

The LEO's woke up disadvantaged.

One or two of them should always be outside their post to observe and be aware.

I knew the black car was up to no good from the get-go and they should have focused on it. The first bad guy that came out with an AK should have been shot dead and then the driver nailed through the windscreen.
Exactly! The first set of shots to be fired by the police officers even missed target. They only got the black glass. If they had good position awareness and were battle ready, they would have riddled that car with bullets .

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 11:03am On Jun 10, 2017
JDelight:
As an experience police officer u don stay inside the banking premises or in the security post instead u hang around with ur gun hiding beside u especially if there is a restaurant or bar around d bank and observe everything going on from your angle there.
You no y? Bcus it will enable u be the first to attack your enemies wen ever they come around.
It will also allowed u to call for help with immediate alacrity, also u are in a safer position which will enable u to escape n save ur life.
All the same R.I.P the dead

Hmm! Now i understand why some police men always hang around the place i buy chicken food...which is beside a bank.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2017
naturalwaves:

Exactly! The first set of shots to be fired by the police officers even missed target. They only got the black glass. If they had good position awareness and were battle ready, they would have riddled that car with bullets .

Speaking of targets, do they even do mandatory training in NPF?

Most of the rifles I see looks like they haven't been fired or cleaned in ages.

I know that there's mandatory shooting range certification here routinely. Fail and you'll be assigned a desk job until you pass.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2017
mekaboy:

They would have killed him there. AK 47 would normally have about 30 rounds. He would have run out of bullets.

He probably had no backup, he took the best decision to him at that point. If not for the guy in the back, he would have escaped?
OK so many people replied me and I will not spam the thread replying everyone but hopefully everyone who replied me can read this. I say this not out of arrogance but out of FACTS. there is something about living abroad for a while that opens up all your faculties of reasoning. You think better than someone who has never left africa. now if i have never left africa, my sense of reasoning will probably be like that of the police officer and most of the people replying me. things we africans do are usually exagerrated and irrational. our actions and thoughts are irrational BUT we think it is normal because we dont know any other way. I would have done the same thing the officer did if I have never stepped out of nigeria because the thinking capacity is limited. having lived abroad and having a more expanded thinking facility, i see a car pull up, i am behind a cover of cement walls and the assailants have no cover at all. I am at an advantage ALL DAY EVERYDAY. I CANT LOSE with this level of advantage I have. all I have to do is preserve my life by making sure no one comes through that door and keep my gun aimed and ready to fire if anyone comes through. all the while i am calling for backup. IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO TRY AND ENGAGE 4 ARMED ROBBERS AT COMBAT. THE BANK DOES NOT PAY YOU ENOUGH TO DO THAT. WHAT THEY PAY YOU FOR IS TO BE A DETERRENT AND IF IN ANY CASE YOU ARE AT AN ADVANTAGE THEN YOU CAN ENGAGE THE THIEVES IF IT IS ONLY ONE WHO IS UNARMED. SO BY DOING WHAT HE DID HE ENDANGERED THE LIFE OF EVERYBODY AROUND HIM INCLUDING THE CUSTOMERS BY TAKING ON 4 ARMED MEN AND GETTING THEM EVEN MORE AGITATED. point being ? they dont pay you enough to risk ya life for 50,000 naira a year. this action he took if he was in england or america he would be fired from the police job for endangering the lives of the customers.

sucess001 LordOfNaira naturalwaves imam07 doctokwus Coolgent EgunMogaji

3 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2017
nkemdi89:
The man died that same day at FMC and not two months later, and he has since being buried. He has a wife and family too.

What of the other two police men that died. Were they also inside the security post? And do you have info on the other people that died at the bank?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by millhouse: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2017
PokeTotoBoy:
Even if he is alive, the police will say he is dead. It is a term in law called witness protection. The police sergeant is very much alive.

I can tell u from experience its very difficult to shoot a person lying spread out on the floor from a distance using an ak47. The recoil will always shift yuh aim.

Believe this at yuh own gullibility level. But the police will never tell u he is alive. And how can a police officer not hv his info in the police database. This is just an attempt to protect his identity
shioo.. Baba u don do omila work before ni

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by charles009(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2017
As a trained marksman sergeant iboko made few mistakes.
1, he did not access the situation properly. There were two other officers with him, so no point panicking. You access and then engage. The two armed robbers that alighted from the vehicle shot sporadically, and advanced towards the target. (Money)The gun shot that reeled out from post, alerted the robbers attention.

The first target was to take out the driver...

2, he could have remained in his post, all advantage tilted towards his direction.

The robber behind, his role was to engage people from the outside, if he remained pinned down, at least his life would have been saved.
Rip seargeant, a brave man.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2017
bong4:
You mean there were two other police men inside the security post? OP fear God naaa. Were they sleeping while all these were happening? Even when the guys drove off, nothing came out of that post.

Thats because they were already dead. They were firing from the door and got killed by the heavy fire of that thief in blue. The thief saw the two dead bodies and entered the security post without knowledge of the third police man at the window, and he got a bullet in his head.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by naturalwaves: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Speaking of targets, do they even do mandatory training in NPF?

Most of the rifles I see looks like they haven't been fired or cleaned in ages.

I know that there's mandatory shooting range certification here routinely. Fail and you'll be assigned a desk job until you pass.

Hmmmmm. Na wa o. I just saw the videos you shared and I was so amazed by the sharpness and readiness of the police officers. Despite the fact that, the police officer in the first video was gisting, he had mental awareness and alertness. He was monitoring what was going on and didn't even take him more than 2 seconds to get hold of his pistol and aim at the target. It is well!

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2017
persius555:
A Nigerian Police Force personnel of eastern extract was killed in active service in owerri, without a traceable address (and most likely without a family member)?

We know more about the bank robbers but know absolutely nothing about a heroic police officer.

Something is fishy here.

It is based on security reasons. The remaining gang members might want to avenge their fallen soldiers death by killing members of the man's family.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by 4dor: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2017
OneHead:

*This is not a celebrity gist or gossip* Dear Lalasticla, Dearest Mynd44, if this post is fake, block me from assessing the create option for 1 year.

Very soon, other media would verify and publish my findings and you guys will laud them.

Good morning pipu.

Before this news went viral, the story from all the media agencies was that one survived and the other escaped with injuries. That was the story since February, how come this news of death only appeared now. Let's see the link to the story where the police confirmed his death.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by 4dor: 11:13am On Jun 10, 2017
charles009:
1, he did not access the situation properly. There were two other officers with him, so no point panicking. You access and then engage. The two armed robbers that alighted from the vehicle shot sporadically, and advanced towards the target. (Money)The gun shot that reeled out from post, alerted the robbers attention.

2, he could have remained in his post, all advantage tilted towards his direction.

The robber behind, his role was to engage people from the outside, if he remained pinned down, at least his life would have been saved.
If you watch the video very well you'll notice the driver was properly fortified, didn't fire a shot and walked calmly in the middle of gunfire.

3 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by micflo28(m): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2017
Wish that guy had a confident back up. If they were two challenging those mistake of nature, the heediot driver would have been the first to go down followed by the two monkeys at the back seat.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by charles009(m): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2017
4dor:

If you watch the video very well you'll notice the driver was properly fortified, didn't fire a shot and walked calmly in the middle of gunfire.

My brother forget fortification, no be for AK47.

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by naturalwaves: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
OK so many people replied me and I will not spam the thread replying everyone but hopefully everyone who replied me can read this. I say this not out of arrogance but out of FACTS. there is something about living abroad for a while that opens up all your faculties of reasoning. You think better than someone who has never left africa. now if i have never left africa, my sense of reasoning will probably be like that of the police officer and most of the people replying me. things we africans do are usually exagerrated and irrational. our actions and thoughts are irrational BUT we think it is normal because we dont know any other way. I would have done the same thing the officer did if I have never stepped out of nigeria because the thinking capacity is limited. having lived abroad and having a more expanded thinking facility, i see a car pull up, i am behind a cover of cement walls and the assailants have no cover at all. I am at an advantage ALL DAY EVERYDAY. I CANT LOSE with this level of advantage I have. all I have to do is preserve my life by making sure no one comes through that door and keep my gun aimed and ready to fire if anyone comes through. all the while i am calling for backup. IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO TRY AND ENGAGE 4 ARMED ROBBERS AT COMBAT. THE BANK DOES NOT PAY YOU ENOUGH TO DO THAT. WHAT THEY PAY YOU FOR IS TO BE A DETERRENT AND IF IN ANY CASE YOU ARE AT AN ADVANTAGE THEN YOU CAN ENGAGE THE THIEVES IF IT IS ONLY ONE WHO IS UNARMED. SO BY DOING WHAT HE DID HE ENDANGERED THE LIFE OF EVERYBODY AROUND HIM BY TAKING ON 4 ARMED MEN AND GETTING THEM EVEN MORE AGITATED. point being ? they dont pay you enough to risk ya life for 50,000 naira a year.

The hideout is not secure because it can be riddled with bullets. So, he felt he needed a better hideout away from the known one hence the reason for scampering for safety first.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2017
VocalWalls:

That room has no other exit, all hell would have been let loose on that room. The robbers would have finished every living and non living thing in there, because he had killed one of their own.

Exactly! I dont understand these people on nairaland saying he was stupid to have left the room. I guess they have watched too many american movies. The robber already killed two police men inside the same room as his heavy fire was penetrating the walls.

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sukkot: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2017
naturalwaves:

The hideout is not secure because it can be riddled with bullets. So, he felt he needed a better hideout away from the known one hence the reason for scampering for safety first.
those bullets cant pass through cement , and like i said, it is his limited thinking capacity that made him think he had to run into the face of bullets to run out of safety. thats an oxymoron. let me run into bullets to run out of safety lol . does that make sense to you ?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by onos217(m): 11:18am On Jun 10, 2017
The dead robber was a witless milk for making such a tactless move.What was he thinking?Could it be that he was fortified with charm to repel bullets but it turned out to be a child's play?Or could it be the drugs he took before embarking on such risky endeavour that gave him quick to make such callous move ? I still do not understand the reason behinde that fearless move but one that cost his life dearly.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by 4dor: 11:20am On Jun 10, 2017
charles009:

My brother forget fortification, no be for AK47.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Kylekent59: 11:20am On Jun 10, 2017
If u use your 99% intelligence you will know that that mopol man survived.
The police will declear him dead so as not to display his identity.
The robbers might come back to avenge their co death.

So all these people saying they are in owerri that the man died,dis and dat, u dnt even know the truth.

THE MOPOL MAN IS ALIVE. (use your brain and work it out)
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by HeGeMon(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2017
Utter rubbish! Have u ever fired even knock out? Talk more of rifle? U dey here dy talk analysis, when u find out u are outgunned 4:1 u go know
charles009:

5 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Kaybaba5(m): 11:21am On Jun 10, 2017
Gallant soldier rest in peace
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by VocalWalls: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2017
kayo80:

Exactly! I dont understand these people on nairaland saying he was stupid to have left the room. I guess they have watched too many american movies. The robber already killed two police men inside the same room as his heavy fire was penetrating the walls.

It's even worse because his ammo was definitely limited.

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
OK so many people replied me and I will not spam the thread replying everyone but hopefully everyone who replied me can read this. I say this not out of arrogance but out of FACTS. there is something about living abroad for a while that opens up all your faculties of reasoning. You think better than someone who has never left africa. now if i have never left africa, my sense of reasoning will probably be like that of the police officer and most of the people replying me. things we africans do are usually exagerrated and irrational. our actions and thoughts are irrational BUT we think it is normal because we dont know any other way. I would have done the same thing the officer did if I have never stepped out of nigeria because the thinking capacity is limited. having lived abroad and having a more expanded thinking facility, i see a car pull up, i am behind a cover of cement walls and the assailants have no cover at all. I am at an advantage ALL DAY EVERYDAY. I CANT LOSE with this level of advantage I have. all I have to do is preserve my life by making sure no one comes through that door and keep my gun aimed and ready to fire if anyone comes through. all the while i am calling for backup. IT IS NOT YOUR JOB TO TRY AND ENGAGE 4 ARMED ROBBERS AT COMBAT. THE BANK DOES NOT PAY YOU ENOUGH TO DO THAT. WHAT THEY PAY YOU FOR IS TO BE A DETERRENT AND IF IN ANY CASE YOU ARE AT AN ADVANTAGE THEN YOU CAN ENGAGE THE THIEVES IF IT IS ONLY ONE WHO IS UNARMED. SO BY DOING WHAT HE DID HE ENDANGERED THE LIFE OF EVERYBODY AROUND HIM INCLUDING THE CUSTOMERS BY TAKING ON 4 ARMED MEN AND GETTING THEM EVEN MORE AGITATED. point being ? they dont pay you enough to risk ya life for 50,000 naira a year. this action he took if he was in england or america he would be fired from the police job for endangering the lives of the customers.

1) Well, the issue is that you don't go into law enforcement just for the money. You typically go to make a difference in the community. One is not forced to be a LEO, one can become a Librarian, banker, accountant or any of the other well paying and safe jobs.

The motto of most police agency is to "serve and protect".

You can't be serving and protecting by cowering inside a block guard house and calling for help.

2) I have met some very sharp police officers in Nigeria. I fact I was stopped at a road block in Elebu and the LEO I interacted with was well dressed, well spoken, his firearm was clean (maybe newly issued). He actually was cognizant of me looking at this firearm because he questioned me about it.

Moral of story, Nigeria is just a geographical location, it doesn't limit one's view of proper process.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 11:24am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The spinal cord starts from the base of the brain.

But the trajectory of the bullet doesn't support your assumption. News says that it was a chest, not head shot that did the bandit in.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by cybriz82(m): 11:26am On Jun 10, 2017
Look like those robber trace d car DAT came in b4 them.sergent shouldn't av rush out like dat nau in front of flying bullet,dey really got him no b small
Dat driver na real invincible man 1 bullet didn't evn touch him.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by damoneymag(m): 11:27am On Jun 10, 2017
EternalTruth:
please do you have any idea where the man's wife is? Want to go and offer her consolation on her husband's death
Funny you... Google is your friend dear
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by VocalWalls: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:

Your post is a disappointment. So because you left Africa, you think better? This statement in itself is devoid of common Sense, I wonder how 'better' such thought is.

Africans aren't living in the Stone age.

8 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ishilove: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You can't be serving and protecting by cowering inside a block guard house and calling for help.
I disagree. The sensible and strategic thing to do when outnumbered will be to hide and call for reinforcements. You are more useful to your country alive, not dead.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by naturalwaves: 11:27am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
those bullets cant pass through cement , and like i said, it is his limited thinking capacity that made him think he had to run into the face of bullets to run out of safety. thats an oxymoron. let me run into bullets to run out of safety lol . does that make sense to you ?
The Adrelaline rush made him think he stood more chance in an open space than an enclosed space that could result to collateral damage! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Found Pictures Of Herself In A Bottle In Her Friend's Closet (Photos) / Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] / Husband Kills Wife In Jigawa For Denying Him Sex Days After Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.