Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. (1756 Views)

My Girlfriend & I Ended Our Relationship Because Of Reno Omokri's Tweets, Advice / Should I Quit My Relationship Because Of This? / My Beautiful Girlfriend End Our 5 Years Relationship Because my Career Pursuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
I have been in a relationship with this amazing girl for quite a while and it's been an awesome and adventurous experience for the both of us. We aren't just a romantic couple, we are also best friends. We understand each other on a deep level, both intellectually and sexually, and we spend a lot of time together. Over the course of our relationship, we've expressed our feelings for each other, both in words and in deed, so there is no question mark in that regard.

She always made it clear to me that she doesn't like her emotions being toyed with and she strongly values trust in a relationship. I also value trust, but she seems to prioritize it to a higher degree than I do. There have been times when I violated this principle of trust and commitment, by my actions, and there have been times when she also has, although mine vastly outweighs hers, but we've always resolved our issues and moved on. But few weeks ago, something happened. While we were together having a conversation, she revealed something to me that according to her, she has been afraid and embarrassed to reveal to me. It was about her sexual fantasies. She said she didn't want to tell me about it because she was afraid I'd "push her" because it was also something I liked and I've always made mention of how I wished for her to be interested in it, not knowing that it formed the core of her own sexuality. When she revealed this piece of information to me, I didn't take it as seriously as she wanted me to take it, plus I was partly excited, and I did something that epitomized "pushing her" towards indulging in these fantasies. Something I now regret. After I did what I did, she said she didn't want me anymore in her life because she couldn't trust me. She emphasized on how she made it clear that she didn't want me to push her, which I still did.
I tried apologizing to her but she has since refused to listen. She has stopped picking my calls and stopped replying my texts. She said she doesn't want me around her anymore.

The problem now is that I am in love with this girl and I can't stop thinking about her. I know the cliche advice would be to move on and find someone else to love, but the problem is that this seems nearly impossible. I am not someone that easily falls in love. The reason why I fell in love with this girl was as a result of a myriad of qualities she possessed which I don't think it's possible to find in someone else. And she isn't just my romantic partner, she is also my closest friend. Anyone who has a best friend would understand what it means to lose such person. To say that this whole situation has made me depressed would be an understatement. I honestly don't know what else to do.

What's your advice for me?
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by chaley(m): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
Let me book dis play. next.but wait Abeg move on Mayb Shey don get new bf.

2 Likes

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Thunderlicious: 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2017
When u are ready to reveal this fantansy to us we will take u serious and advise u. I hope it is not 3Some (with the 3rd party being a boy).

8 Likes

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
Thunderlicious:
When ure ready to reveal this fantansy to us we will take u serious and advise u. I hope it is not 3Some ooo

Honestly, I don't see how I am obligated to reveal this fantasy to you, neither do I see how revealing it to you would make the nature of my predicament clearer to you or anyone who wishes to offer any advice. I think I have revealed every relevant information that applies to this situation.
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
Tell me the secret fantasy and maybe I will help. wink

I bet you it was a 3some grin

2 Likes

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dimples129:
Tell me the secret fantasy and maybe I will help. wink

I bet you it was a 3some grin

It wasn't a 3some.
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Jmaxinc: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
Miles & boom chic

Baba you are free go enjoy your life

Xxxx123:
I have been in a relationship with this amazing girl for quite a while and it's been an awesome and adventurous experience for the both of us. We aren't just a romantic couple, we are also best friends. We understand each other on a deep level, both intellectually and sexually, and we spend a lot of time together. In all my life I have never been in love with anyone before, she is my first true love. Over the course of our relationship, we've expressed our feelings for each other, both in words and in deed, so there is no question mark in that regard.

She always made it clear to me that she doesn't like her emotions being toyed with and she strongly values trust in a relationship. I also value trust, but she seems to prioritize it to a higher degree than I do. There have been times when I violated this principle of trust and commitment, by my actions, and there have been times when she also has, although mine vastly outweighs hers, but we've always resolved our issues and moved on. But few weeks ago, something happened. While we were together having a conversation, she revealed something to me that according to her, she has been afraid and embarrassed to reveal to me. It was about her sexual fantasies. She said she didn't want to tell me about it because she was afraid I'd "push her" because it was also something I liked and I've always made mention of how I wished for her to be interested in it, not knowing that it formed the core of her own sexuality. When she revealed this piece of information to me, I didn't take it as seriously as she wanted me to take it, plus I was partly excited, and I did something that epitomized "pushing her" towards indulging in these fantasies. Something I now regret. After I did what I did, she said she didn't want me anymore in her life because she couldn't trust me. She emphasized on how she made it clear that she didn't want me to push her, which I still did.
I tried apologizing to her but she has since refused to listen. She has stopped picking my calls and stopped replying my texts. She said she doesn't want me around her anymore.

The problem now is that I am in love with this girl and I can't stop thinking about her. I know the cliche advice would be to move on and find someone else to love, but the problem is that this seems nearly impossible. I am not someone that easily falls in love. The reason why I fell in love with this girl was as a result of a myriad of qualities she possessed which I don't think it's possible to find in someone else. And she isn't just my romantic partner, she is also my closest friend. Anyone who has a best friend would understand what it means to lose such person. To say that this whole situation has made me depressed would be an understatement. I honestly don't know what else to do.

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Xxxx123:

It wasn't a 3some.

What was it?

We need to know in order to full understand if your fvck up is forgive able undecided
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Dycaptain(m): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
Your gf doesn't understand what she wants jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Gofwane(m): 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
Xxxx123:

Honestly, I don't see how I am obligated to reveal this fantasy to you, neither do I see how revealing it to you would make the nature of my predicament clearer to you or anyone who wishes to offer any advice. I think I have revealed every relevant information that applies to this situation.

telling us about this fantasy will help us to know the gravity of the offence you committed and advise you accordingly
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dimples129:

What was it?

We need to know in order to full understand if your fvck up is forgive able undecided

I am sorry I can't tell you. It's our shared secret, and telling anyone, even though anonymously, feels like a violation of our agreement not to reveal this to anyone.

What you should know however, is that I tried to feed those fantasies and this was always her fear. She was always afraid this fantasy would consume her to the point where she'd not have control over it anymore and she'd always want to indulge it till it became an addiction. According to her, what she wanted was for me to listen and try to understand and take things slow, but I wasn't interested in just wanting to turn her to "myself," obviously for my own interest.

Cc
Gofwane
Thunderlicious
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Partnerbiz3: 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Read ur books for now. That's my advice cos teenager reeks from your write up
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by luminouz(m): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
What is d fvcking fantasy about? U no tell us o!!!
Till ur ready to......
Fvvk OFF!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Oyiboman69: 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
respect is earn not bought
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Dicedpineapple(f): 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
Xxxx123:
I have been in a relationship with this amazing girl for quite a while and it's been an awesome and adventurous experience for the both of us. We aren't just a romantic couple, we are also best friends. We understand each other on a deep level, both intellectually and sexually, and we spend a lot of time together. In all my life I have never been in love with anyone before, she is my first true love. Over the course of our relationship, we've expressed our feelings for each other, both in words and in deed, so there is no question mark in that regard.

Whatever u did or pushed her to do,it has been done already so stop feeling guilty.frm ur write up,i cud deduce u rily love d gal bt there are sumtins u av to take in consideration
Why was it so easy for her to call it quits?
D deed u pushed her to do was it under duress or consensual
Isn't she an adult yet?
Are u sure its not jes an excuse to get rid of d relationship,u feel guilty nd she leaves with a light conscience
All in all,am sure u luv her much more than she loves u so find a way to communicate physically wit her,her expressions myt help u decide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
Xxxx123:

I am sorry I can't tell you. It's our shared secret, and telling anyone, even though anonymously, feels like a violation of our agreement not to reveal this to anyone.

What you should know however, is that I tried to feed those fantasies and this was always her fear. She was always afraid this fantasy would consume her to the point where she'd not have control over it anymore and she'd always want to indulge it till it became an addiction. According to her, what she wanted was for me to listen and try to understand and take things slow, but I wasn't interested in just wanting to turn her to "myself," obviously for my own interest.

Cc
Gofwane
Thunderlicious

Honestly, I don't know wtf you're talking about so I can't help you. Good luck with the heartache, it happens to the best of us and we all think we'll never recover from it but we do and life goes on.
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by LePrezident(m): 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dimples129:

Honestly, I don't know wtf you're talking about so I can't help you. Good luck with the heartache, it happens to the best of us and we all think we'll never recover from it but we do and life goes on.

Inquisitive much tongue
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by LePrezident(m): 11:58pm On Jun 10, 2017

Guy you are not ready for advice if you won't reveal it. You can keep it to yourself and advise yourself angry

1 Like

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 11, 2017

You cant think using your emotions. It has never been done.
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by tslemie(m): 1:26am On Jun 11, 2017
The last statement.
'but I wasn't interested in just wanting to
turn her to "myself," obviously for my own interest.'

I dont know if that is correct, but let me assume this is what you wanted to say..

'but I was interested in just wanting to

I'd say, i perceive those fantasies are not normal, thats why you didnt totally agree with them when she brought it up first..

Cc
Gofwane
Thunderlicious
The last statement.
'but I wasn't interested in just wanting to

I dont know if that is correct, but let me assume this is what you wanted to say..

'but I was interested in just wanting to

I'd say, i perceive those fantasies are not normal, thats why you didnt totally agree with them when she brought it up first..
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
I can assure you that there are a million more amazing women than this girl. Move on and find them.
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Thunderlicious: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2017

Cc
Gofwane
Thunderlicious

If you revealed it to us, how would she know you did? If she is following this thread (which I know she's not) then send PM to some of us and then we can deal with this issue in private. Since it could lead to an addiction it is apparent the fantasy is not a 3some. But whatever it is and, like I said before, the solution to your problem will depend on what this "fantasy" entails. If you're still not comfortable revealing it my guess is for you to tell her you have decided to move on with your life just like she has, and then continue to pretend like you have actually moved on without her in your life. Three things may happen:

1. She may be happy with your decision and this means the relationship has finally ended. You may then continue to seek alternative solutions.

2. The whole 'forming' things go clear for her eyes and she go realise say this na reality and she fit lose u. Husbands are very scarce these days, believe me. Unless she is still very young or didn't actually love you as she claimed, she may not want to lose a husband material (I am assuming you are a husband material grin).

3. You may be surprised to discover, during the course of your pretence, that you can actually do without her in your life. If this is the case, this could be your escape route. Continue this route and find yourself someone else. Girls are just TOO MANY for you to kill yourself over one. You may think you will not be able to find someone exactly like her. Yes, that is true, but you will definitely find someone better than her. If she is really the best, do you think you would have found her first?

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
Is it poo eating? Cos some people are weird
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by tslemie(m): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nma27:
Is it poo eating? Cos some people are weird

Oh jesus! Lwkm..
Poo eatinq..
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by MsFaith: 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
Op, all I can say is, 'Ntooooooir!'. love done clear for ur eyes. happy heartbreak tongue
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Youngpo413: 8:11am On Jun 17, 2020

It wasn't a 3some.
anàl then...no matter how bubbling and soft your babe ass is,please don't try anàl...avoid the temptation
Re: The Girl I Love Ended Our Relationship Because She Doesn't Trust Me. by Youngpo413: 8:38am On Jun 17, 2020
Thunderlicious:

If you revealed it to us, how would she know you did? If she is following this thread (which I know she's not) then send PM to some of us and then we can deal with this issue in private. Since it could lead to an addiction it is apparent the fantasy is not a 3some. But whatever it is and, like I said before, the solution to your problem will depend on what this "fantasy" entails. If you're still not comfortable revealing it my guess is for you to tell her you have decided to move on with your life just like she has, and then continue to pretend like you have actually moved on without her in your life. Three things may happen:

1. She may be happy with your decision and this means the relationship has finally ended. You may then continue to seek alternative solutions.

2. The whole 'forming' things go clear for her eyes and she go realise say this na reality and she fit lose u. Husbands are very scarce these days, believe me. Unless she is still very young or didn't actually love you as she claimed, she may not want to lose a husband material (I am assuming you are a husband material grin).

3. You may be surprised to discover, during the course of your pretence, that you can actually do without her in your life. If this is the case, this could be your escape route. Continue this route and find yourself someone else. Girls are just TOO MANY for you to kill yourself over one. You may think you will not be able to find someone exactly like her. Yes, that is true, but you will definitely find someone better than her. If she is really the best, do you think you would have found her first?

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

For The Ladies / See More New ‘sexy Real Sex Doll’ People Are Taking About. / Caption This Pic Of My New Chikala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.