Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

I Can't Stop Crying! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Can't Stop Crying! (2294 Views)

Guys, Stop Crying. Your Girlfriend Doesn't Belong To You Alone / Help My Friend Won't Stop Crying Since Last Night / Bride And Groom Crying At Their Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
Happy Sunday peeps! I just created this account for this...
I'm a fresh graduate job hunting and dating a guy who does nothing presently. I don't care if he's buoyant or not, I love him so much and sure he loves me too.
whenever he wants to buy something for me and I know that money can be used to serve a better purpose I'll stop him, but it's seems he's not comfortable with it as he thinks I'm domineering (wanting him to buy my opinion always).
Today after church he took me to an eatery(didn't know where we were going). He asked that I order for fried rice and chicken but I tried making him understand that I don't need those things for now as I have more pressing needs(my hair, a pair of slippers and any skin care product; as I noticed some rashes on my face this morning). He flared up and asked that we leave, we left and I tried making him see reasons but he wouldn't want to. He said I like my voice to be heard always and make him do my biddings and that I'm too calculative. I was just crying and begging him, yet he continued talking. We got a taxi and when we alighted he gave me the money he was supposed to use at the eatery, I pushed him with the money, he didn't say a word to me again till he left for his house.
I love him I don't want to loose him.
What do I do now?
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
Your guy has anger issues, self esteem issues and us extremely unhappy. This might be primarily due to the fact that he doesn't have a job.

Stop reminding him of how there's no money, be happy together. Happiness is more important than those material things you want. I know there are other things you must have said to hurt him that you didn't mention here.

Take things easy with him. At least till things get better.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
As the ftc has said,u have take things easy with him. In my own opinion, he doesn't have anger problem but he's probably not happy that he can't give you everything you want. He wants 5o take care of you more than u could ever imagine but for the fact that whenever he wants to do something for you, he realizes that there are still more pressing issues. The thought of it makes him angry. Just try to be patient and not demand for things he can't afford. All these traits will disappear when wealth sets in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
Before anything else, I'd like to commend you, You be wifey material, 100 yards grin

Now to the issue, you have to take it easy, it's just one life. You need to chill out and don't be so pushy on him, everyone needs someone he/she can lean on. Not being a burden, at times all he might want to do is make you feel appreciated, forget about the troubles today with hope of a better future, there's no need for you to keep on reminding him about the tides currently. it's selfish of you to keep things one sided, it's a relationship not a lonesome-ship, hear him out, not everything has to work your way.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
Dude doesn't want his ego bruised. Actually, some guys prefer spending the little they have on their girlfriends 'cause they assume it makes them more of a man. You should have a heart to heart talk with him as to why you try stopping him from buying things for you then see his response. Preferably when you know he's calm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by NairalandCS(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
The guy is right, for once do what he likes and don't be so dominating.

angry
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
Emmybet:
I'm a fresh graduate job hunting and dating a guy who does nothing presently. I don't care if he's buoyant or not, I love him so much and sure he loves me too.
whenever he wants to buy something for me and I know that money can be used to serve a better purpose I'll stop him, but it's seems he's not comfortable with it as he thinks I'm domineering (wanting him to buy my opinion always).
Today after church he took me to an eatery(didn't know where we were going). He asked that I order for fried rice and chicken but I tried making him understand that I don't need those things for now as I have more pressing needs(my hair, a pair of slippers and any skin care product; as I noticed some rashes on my face this morning). He flared up and asked that we leave, we left and I tried making him see reasons but he wouldn't want to. He said I like my voice to be heard always and make him do my biddings and that I'm too calculative. I was just crying and begging him, yet he continued talking. We got a taxi and when we alighted he gave me the money he was supposed to use at the eatery, I pushed him with the money, he didn't say a word to me again till he left for his house.
What do I do now?
simply put...your boyfriend is frustrated!

Tho I won't be so frustrated and see my girlfriend crying and continue to hurt her. I can as well say he's confused.

Give his some space.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

All these boys and unnecessary dramas sef.... If we spend the money na, they wee call us diggers of gold and if we don't, they wee start saying we think they are broke or not up to the task. Bobos, which way na?

That's how my ex accused me of being too prudent and always acting like mummy... grin cheesy angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
It's clear that you have good intentions, but allow your boyfriend to do some things for you if he wants to. Especially when you didn't ask, you don't have to worry that he would see you as extravagant. It's condescending to reject all of his offers all the time. If you have to turn down his offers though, say you're not hungry when he offers to take you to an eatery; instead of going there, refusing to order, and talking about how his priorities are misplaced (that you would rather do your hair).

As for what I think you should do now: tell him you appreciate what he does, and tries to do for you, and that you will try to seem less controlling to him.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
Emmybet:
What do I do now?
girl you are my dream girlfriend
The guy doesn't know what he has
Let him try other girls
WORD OF WISDOM: WE DONT KNOW THE VALUE OF WHAT WE HAVE UNTIL ITS GONE

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
MsRoe:
It's clear that you have good intentions, but allow your boyfriend to do some things for you if he wants to. Especially when you didn't ask, you don't have to worry that he would see as as extravagant. It's condescending to reject all of his offers all the time. If you have to turn down his offers though, say you're not hungry when he offers to take you to an eatery; instead of going there, refusing to order, and talking about how his priorities are misplaced (that you would rather do your hair).
hey miss, can I say something?
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by tochivitus(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
Perspectives:
Your guy has anger issues, self esteem issues and extremely unhappy because he doesn't have a job.

Stop reminding him of how there's no money, be happy together. Happiness is more important than those material things you want. I know there are other things you must have said to hurt him that you didn't mention here.

gbam u just said my mind exactly
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
MsRoe:
It's clear that you have good intentions, but allow your boyfriend to do some things for you if he wants to. Especially when you didn't ask, you don't have to worry that he would see as as extravagant. It's condescending to reject all of his offers all the time. If you have to turn down his offers though, say you're not hungry when he offers to take you to an eatery; instead of going there, refusing to order, and talking about how his priorities are misplaced (that you would rather do your hair).
She said she had no idea they were going to an eatery. She has the guy's interest at heart but perhaps he's used to spending on girls that seeing one who isn't demanding makes him uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
Perspectives:
Your guy has anger issues, self esteem issues and extremely unhappy. This might be primarily due to the fact that he doesn't have a job.

I didn't say any other thing. Just that I always tell him "use the money for another thing" whenever he wants to get something I feel is not necessary.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by tochivitus(m): 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
Perspectives:
Your guy has anger issues, self esteem issues and extremely unhappy because he doesn't have a job.

gbam u just said my mind exactly and lemme add that u r guy think your being too pushy and as a guy he like being in charge but when u counter his decisions he thinks your trying to tell him what to do always. and finally find time to talk to your spouse talk at learnt, apologies to him and tell him these things with a calm voice, he ain't devil he will see reasons with u
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
sexybbstar:
As the ftc has said,u have take things easy with him. In my own opinion, he doesn't have anger problem but he's probably not happy that he can't give you everything you want. He wants 5o take care of you more than u could ever imagine but for the fact that whenever he wants to do something for you, he realizes that there are still more pressing issues. The thought of it makes him angry. Just try to be patient and not demand for things he can't afford. All these traits will disappear when wealth sets in.
Thank you!
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
Emmybet:

I didn't say any other thing. Just that I always tell him "use the money for another thing" whenever he wants to get something I feel is not necessary.

If there are no other things, then you are good. Have a heart to heart talk with him like someone mentioned, that's when he is calm. Then go with the flow, be happy OK, things will get better eventually and you can buy all those important things smiley
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
vargasvictory:
Before anything else, I'd like to commend you, You be wifey material, 100 yards grin

Now to the issue, you have to take it easy, it's just one life. You need to chill out and don't be so pushy on him, everyone needs someone he/she can lean on. Not being a burden, at times all he might want to do is make you feel appreciated, forget about the troubles today with hope of a better future, there's no need for you to keep on reminding him about the tides currently. it's selfish of you to keep things one sided, it's a relationship not a lonesome-ship, hear him out, not everything has to work your way.

Lolz! #Wife Material 100 Yards#. Thanks for making me smile.
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
Benita27:
Dude doesn't want his ego bruised. Actually, some guys prefer spending the little they have on their girlfriends 'cause they assume it makes them more of a man. You should have a heart to heart talk with him as to why you try stopping him from buying things for you then see his response. Preferably when you know he's calm.
I appreciate dear!
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
Aderola15:
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

All these boys and unnecessary dramas sef.... If we spend the money na, they wee call us diggers of gold and if we don't, they wee start saying we think they are broke or not up to the task. Bobos, which way na?

That's how my ex accused me of being too prudent and always acting like mummy... grin cheesy angry
I will never try to object again.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
Emmybet:

Thank you!
You keep hurting his male ego. Keep quiet next time and let him be the man.. Shikena. Simple
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
MsRoe:
It's clear that you have good intentions, but allow your boyfriend to do some things for you if he wants to. Especially when you didn't ask, you don't have to worry that he would see you as extravagant. It's condescending to reject all of his offers all the time. If you have to turn down his offers though, say you're not hungry when he offers to take you to an eatery; instead of going there, refusing to order, and talking about how his priorities are misplaced (that you would rather do your hair).

As for what I think you should do now: tell him you appreciate what he does, and tries to do for you, and that you will try to seem less controlling to him.
I told him I appreciate what he was trying to do, that he wants to make me happy and me sef need that fried rice and chicken badly.
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
Benita27:
She said she had no idea they were going to an eatery. She has the guy's interest at heart but perhaps he's used to spending on girls that seeing one who isn't demanding makes him uncomfortable.

I know she has good intentions, sis. If she had simply said "Oh, you brought me to an eatery? I'm not hungry, but I wouldn't mind a drink" she would have spared his money (if that's her goal) and it would have been different from saying "I don't need these things for now, my hair is more important"

The guy would think you feel he doesn't know what he's doing. It can come off as controlling, even if that's not her intention.

But that's just my opinion on the matter. People will have differing views which will help the Op make her decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
tochivitus:

gbam u just said my mind exactly and lemme add that u r guy think your being too pushy and as a guy he like being in charge but when u counter his decisions he thinks your trying to tell him what to do always. and finally find time to talk to your spouse talk at learnt, apologies to him and tell him these things with a calm voice, he ain't devil he will see reasons with u
Thanks
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
Perspectives:

If there are no other things, then you are good. Have a heart to heart talk with him like someone mentioned, that's when he is calm. Then go with the flow, be happy OK, things will get better eventually and you can buy all those important things smiley
#smiles# Thank you!
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
Perspectives:

I'm sure they've talked about d issue before. He probably got a new job or a contract and wanted to break it to her while munching on some chicken wings before d op's over rational talks spoilt his day... Who knows
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nma27:
You keep hurting his male ego. Keep quiet next time and let him be the man.. Shikena. Simple

That's what I've promised to do henceforth.
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
Emmybet:

I will never try to object again.

Smart girl. Just let him do his thing and try to keep him in check when he's going overboard with it. wink

Don't cry again oooo, cry cry baby. tongue tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nma27:
I'm sure they've talked about d issue before. He probably got a new job or a contract and wanted to break it to her while munching on some chicken wings before d op's over rational talks spoilt his day... Who knows

Lol......the possibility of that cannot be ruled out. I can understand how that guy must have felt, like his day got ruined and all that but sincerely he should also learn to handle his woman in a patient manner without flaring up. Except of course if the lady is the extreme pushy type.
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
Benita27:
smiley
Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Emmybet: 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
Aderola15:

Smart girl. Just let him do his thing and try to keep him in check when he's going overboard with it. wink

Don't cry again oooo, cry cry baby. tongue tongue
#smiles# I've stopped crying dearie. You've all made me smile. Thanks thanks thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Stop Crying! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
Emmybet:

That's what I've promised to do henceforth.
Good. Be happy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Signs To Know If She Is Ready For Sex / What Do You Regret Doing With/for Your EX / Only The Smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.