Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) (56921 Views)

Security Aides Running After Gbajabiamila's Car Inside Rain (Photos) / Osinbajo And Fashola Visit Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Bridge (Photos) / PHOTOS: Bridge Collapse At Mokwa-jebba Road, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by goooze(m): 6:56am On Jun 13, 2017
The bridge is tired of one Nigeria the next one is that bridge in look.
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by jfleece(m): 6:56am On Jun 13, 2017
Product of a failed country..
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by goooze(m): 6:57am On Jun 13, 2017
The bridge is tired of one Nigeria the next one is that bridge in lokoja
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by darediamond(m): 6:58am On Jun 13, 2017
[quote author=samjey post=57463486]Hmmm...I hope this isn't a sign of an eventual break up of our dearly beloved nation? things fall apart, the center cannot hold, the falcon cannot hear the falconer...here is where our leaders have brought us. I still ask do we have a country or a cage?[/quote
A Cage!!
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by nnaemmy(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2017
The bridge linking the North and South?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Issorite
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by wtfcoded: 7:22am On Jun 13, 2017
More is coming if they don't let them go.
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by aewhydot: 7:45am On Jun 13, 2017
dessz:
effect of using substandard construction materials.

Are u serious? That bridge is btw 45 to 50 years without any form if maintenance whatsoever
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by wasuka14(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2017
I have made several comments regarding the condition of this roads many times this year and last year. U see u need to ply that road to understand what, driver and business men and women face daily. So many ppl has lost millions of naira whenever vehicle carrying their goods fell on that road. Though Ilorin to Jebba is now fixed. Jebba to Mokwa, then Mokwa to Tegina are disatrous. And that is the only road where all the food items coming from or goin to all 17 Northern states pass through daily. Gej scam us because dt road was included in their sureP budget which they claimed it has been constructed in their handover notes. While Ilorin-Ogbomoso expressway that was constructed during OBJ tenure was also included as part of sureP roads. While ambandoned Ogbomoso-oyo under construction since 2003. I knw d judgement may be delay, but all d ppl incharge will face d judgement one day.
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by bigkahuna704(m): 7:51am On Jun 13, 2017
Ok

Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Matrycx(m): 7:59am On Jun 13, 2017
i passed through dis place last thursday, i couldn't help but cry for naija, d road is notin to write home about, some places passing through d bush seems beta, frm ilorin to jebba is okay bt frm jebba-mokwa- and other towns before bida iis worst, may JAH help us sha and hope no lives were lost
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 8:02am On Jun 13, 2017
MRS tanker? I know that MRS filling station at offa garage,Ilorin
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Bddy1(m): 8:07am On Jun 13, 2017
Too much heavy trucks on this road 24/7 nawa o. But this road had been award for rehabilitation long time ago, pls ask the emir.
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Realdeals(m): 8:10am On Jun 13, 2017
The economy importance of that road cannot be overemphasized, the effect of the collapse will soon be felt. The only option for road users now is to probably pass through Abuja
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by eustacey: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Matrycx(m): 8:13am On Jun 13, 2017
iamrealdeji:
MRS tanker? I know that MRS filling station at offa garage,Ilorin
bro Do u stay in ilorin
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by chrisyok57: 8:34am On Jun 13, 2017
jonhemma11:
COLLAPSE BRIDGE AT MOKWA - JEBBA ROAD.

A bridge at TATABU village (15km) along Mokwa - Jebba road,Kwara state has collapsed after a heavy rain fall, thereby halting vehicular movement from both sides. Officers and men of the command led by the Unit Commander ACC Danladi Samari were on the scene to inspect the collapsed bridge which is a
major link road between North and Southern parts of the country.Motorists plying Mokwa - Jebba road are advised to use alternative routes.
I know dis bridge very well. may God help dis country

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/06/bridge-at-mokwa-jebba-road-collapses.html
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by hardbody: 8:39am On Jun 13, 2017
Ishaq717:

niger state na riverine area so e dy worry dem too
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by joinnow: 8:46am On Jun 13, 2017
Watch out for the film.......
The great divide coming soon cheesy
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by joinnow: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2017
Matrycx:
i passed through dis place last thursday, i couldn't help but cry for naija, d road is notin to write home about, some places passing through d bush seems beta, frm ilorin to jebba is okay but jebba-mokwa- and other towns before bida iis worst, may JAH help us sha and hope no lives were lost
At bolded might be part of our lost tribe of 5% neglected by pmb
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Yinkus4life(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2017
I blame buhari for this
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Psoul(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2017
marooh:
IPOB which road una go take come back.....
Arewa witches are working oooo....
LetMeComeAndBeGoing

I can see that you don't even kw the geography of this your country called Nigeria. Well, Igbos will prefer the Niger Bridge route to that far Kwara route. Though the Niger Bridge will still collapse but that will be wen the Arewa ppl will be pursuing the exodusing Biafrans. The Chukwu Okike Abiama will wait for them there to drown them all in the same manner He drown the Egyptians in the river Jordan while pursuing the people of Israel (IPOB) in the Bible period.
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Matrycx(m): 9:48am On Jun 13, 2017
joinnow:
At bolded might be part of our lost tribe of 5% neglected by pmb
Bro dat place was surely negleted, and now it wil surely start telin on us
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Mezurum01: 9:49am On Jun 13, 2017
A sign that the north and south should go their separate ways , very soon the one that connects the north to the east will also collapse.
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by gemale(m): 9:51am On Jun 13, 2017
LadyJustice:
Biafrans agitate for a seperation of the South from Nigeria...

Arewa youths agitate for the dismissal of Igbos from the North of Nigeria..

The bridge linking the South and the North of Nigeria mysteriously collapses..

Is this supposed to be a sign?? shocked shocked shocked
And that one in the 6th photo is still carrying gallon to move fuel?? For real?? angry angry
Why are some Nigerians of bad character like this? An accident occurred & someone is stealing petroleum product? Isn't it the height of evil & heartlessness? Tell me if such a person happens to be elevated to a post of power, wouldn't he abuse it & misappropriate funds in his control?
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by santopelele(m): 9:56am On Jun 13, 2017
Chaiii, I talk am since, NINJARIA don collapse and won't work work out again, lai lai! lol, abeg I no mean our lying ministeroooo
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by santopelele(m): 9:56am On Jun 13, 2017
Chaiii, I talk am since, NINJARIA don collapse and won't work work out again, lai lai! lol, abeg I no mean our lying ministeroooo
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by NOTPUSHOVER(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2017
The gods have spoken! he/she that has ear let him/she hear the verdict. the spiritual separation of the south and the north has occur, let no man claim ignorance!

Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by NLandIsHypocrit: 10:22am On Jun 13, 2017
If you say that the zoo has fallen some will see it as sentiment, but indeed the zoo is down, the signs are everywhere or what other sign do you want to see?

Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by greetings(f): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
And the silly poverty stricken mentality figurehead called Governor Fatai is busy buying luxury cars for palace chiefs and building half kilometre bridge in Gari Alimi where we don't need it, putting up useless bustops on roads filled with potholes and manholes while building 7star hotel and malls for himself.

I swear until we youths know the power is in our hands we will never be delivered! We are here on nairaland doing NCAN and "fainting". How I missed the OLD NAIRALAND!

PS. I know mokwa-jebba is a fed government road BUT there could've been an agreement or concession between the two arms for ease of citizens but no, they prefer to ease and fill their pockets! I mean! what's the benefit of the state being in Apc fold.
I'm just so upset with the negligence everywhere even on the part of we the youths,we are all part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by Matrycx(m): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
greetings:
And the silly poverty stricken mentality figurehead called Governor Fatai is busy buying luxury cars for palace chiefs and building half kilometre bridge in Gari Alimi where we don't need it, putting up useless bustops on roads filled with potholes and manholes while building 7star hotel and malls for himself.

I swear until we youths know the power is in our hands we will never be delivered! We are here on nairaland doing NCAN and "fainting". How I missed the OLD NAIRALAND!

PS. I know mokwa-jebba is a fed government road BUT there could've been an agreement or concession between the two arms for ease of citizens but no, they prefer to ease and fill their pockets! I mean! what's the benefit of the state being in Apc fold.
I'm just so upset with the negligence everywhere even on the part of we the youths,we are all part of the problem.
I agree with u, i wonder if they were thinkin we wil b wowed by constructin dat useless bridge, wen dey could av just expand d road, make it wider and go finish d road along egbejila, dey just kip wastin money
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by moblix: 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
Wen d bridge dey give sign y govt no do anything Until e finally collapse
Re: Bridge At Mokwa-Jebba Road In Kwara Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos) by juman(m): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
APC is clueless.

That state is controlled by apc like federal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

There's A Limit To What I Can Do At 72 - Buhari / Why I Ran Away From Daura To London – Buhari / Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.