Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise (35426 Views)

Are The Igbos Really Jews? See The Colonial Flag And Currency Of Nigeria / Why Do Igbos Hate Buhari? - Mustapha Gembu, Hausa Activist / Are Igbos Really 'Special Brothers' With The Delta Ethnicities? If So, How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Annie939(f): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
hmmmmmmmm buhari
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Annie939(f): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2017
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Annie939(f): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2017
maybe they come from heaven
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by SkyTwins: 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
Sometimes you reason something before posting it, Biafra is not all about Igbos and other tribes in Eastern Nigeria, Biafra is an empire in those days, even some part of Gabon, Cameroon, Guinea, Igbos and other tribes in Eastern Nigeria is never a part of Nigeria but am empire called Biafra, even the Cameroon you are talking about that Biafra is located in, so you don't know that Ambazonia you here that is seek to break away from Cameroon are all members of ancient empire of Biafra, Bioko island in Guinea you here about are all Biafran empire, eastern Nigeria is just part of Biafra, they have many tribes and ethnic groups that made up of Biafra that are not part of present day Nigeria, Nigeria are most made up of ancient Benin and Adamawa empires. That is why Nigeria deprived you of history in schools. Go and read your history.
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
hornyofife:
Actually, both the yorubas and the hausas territories had been conquered as at 1800, the igbos were yet to be taken over hence, they were not yet included in the map. The igbo territories were the last to be subdued of all Britain colonial territory of Nigeria. Part of why they dislike the igbos because the igbos were stubborn and hard to crack..It took Britain 40yrs to subdue the igboland totally
Northern Nigeria was only conquered in 1903.The only reason why nothing was written on Igbo side is,igbo have zero city,zero kingdom before the colonization.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by WizBLANCE(m): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2019
Biafra is a quest...

If we didn't achieve it today our kids will

Its just about time

Oduduwa

Arewa

Igbo

Will all look back in time and say

THERE WAS A COUNTRY
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
sukkot:
so am looking at this map of nigeria in the 1800s and it shows yoruba and hausa and nupe territories and there is no mention of igbo. the igbo territories belonged to Niger protectorate atnd coast. my question is are igbos really from nigeria ? I am starting to think they migrated from cameroon to that region in the late 1800s. so the question is if they are Cameroonians why do they want to form biafra in nigeria ? look at this map and tell me i am wrong

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5490048_e1_jpeg0589c142e9397ad011c439904c1d6068
1sharon grin

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Rossikk(m): 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
hornyofife:

yes you need to conquer them, administer them, map out their areas and identify the different ethnic/tribal nations in the area before you can define their map

Wrong. Have you seen ancient maps of the world dating from 300 BC or earlier?

The Greeks had maps showing Egypt, Nubia, and China, and did not conquer them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Rossikk(m): 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
sukkot:
that bullcrap. you dont need to conquer a people before identifying them on a map. it doesnt work like that. you simply send a representative to ask what the name of the tribe is and then include it on the map. i dont know where you come up with this erroneous idea that you have to conquer someone before putting them on a map

And he got over a 120 likes for his comment!

Forum of illiterate Igbos.

Imagine somebody saying you have to attack, kill and conquer people before you can include them in a map?

It's the height of illiteracy and lack of exposure!
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2023
Rossikk:

And he got over a 120 likes for his comment!

Forum of illiterate Igbos.

Imagine somebody saying you have to attack, kill and conquer people before you can include them in a map?

It's the height of illiteracy and lack of exposure!
grin
lol bro this is 2017 tribal warfare. e done tay since we done dey fight this war oooo grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by XAUBulls: 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
ashacot:
We are one.

Watch this very funny video of a man defining rape
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKnTMIVs7u8
Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by 1Sharon(f): 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2023
sukkot:
1sharon grin

Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Arda1000(m): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2023
sukkot:
i am not sure about efik and annang. i have never met any. but if i see them and study their phenotype I will be able to decisively tell you if they branched out of igbo. now if they happen to geographically be in that igbo region then chances are very high that they branched out of igbo and formed their own thing this happens alot. apparently itsekiri branched out of yoruba
this got to be the most stupidest thing ever 🤔 what the hell how much is your stupidity?
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2023
Arda1000:
this got to be the most stupidest thing ever 🤔 what the hell how much is your stupidity?
lol be calming down
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Akaegwu(m): 10:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
sukkot:
that bullcrap. you dont need to conquer a people before identifying them on a map. it doesnt work like that. you simply send a representative to ask what the name of the tribe is and then include it on the map. i dont know where you come up with this erroneous idea that you have to conquer someone before putting them on a map
You sound very silly
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 10:21pm On Jul 13, 2023
Akaegwu:
You sound very silly
cheesy that's 2017 bro be calming down
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Arda1000(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2023
sukkot:
lol be calming down
I read most of your silly comments saying Igbo are Bantu lol.
Please cite your works and evidences that proves your claims?
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
Arda1000:
I read most of your silly comments saying Igbo are Bantu lol.
Please cite your works and evidences that proves your claims?
i did in 2017 when I made the thread but going through it now many of the resources have been removed from the links provided

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
XAUBulls:

Lol.
my Chief salute to you . Wehdone Sir lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Arda1000(m): 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2023
sukkot:
i did in 2017 when I made the thread but going through it now many of the resources have been removed from the links provided
did you miss the point where I said I read some of your claims.
Your claims are not just laughable but childish and silly
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sharpsecret: 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2023
sukkot:
so am looking at this map of nigeria in the 1800s and it shows yoruba and hausa and nupe territories and there is no mention of igbo. the igbo territories belonged to Niger protectorate and coast. my question is are igbos really from nigeria ? I am starting to think they migrated from cameroon to that region in the late 1800s. so the question is if they are Cameroonians why do they want to form biafra in nigeria ? look at this map and tell me i am wrong

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5490048_e1_jpeg0589c142e9397ad011c439904c1d6068
we are not art of Nigeria... luggard just forced us into that union
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by XAUBulls: 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
sukkot:
my Chief salute to you . Wehdone Sir lol
Hello Sukkot, that video was hilarious... grin

Nice thread you have here. Someone bumped it to the front page of the politics thread. That's how I found this thread.

I hope you are adjusting to the subsidy removal?

The use of auto gas, gas-powered generators, solar/wind hybrid power generators is key to reducing overhead costs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 11:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
XAUBulls:

Hello Sukkot, that video was hilarious... grin

Nice thread you have here. Someone bumped it to the front page of the politics thread. That's how I found this thread.

I hope you are adjusting to the subsidy removal?

The use of auto gas, gas-powered generators, solar/wind hybrid power generators is key to reducing overhead costs.

hehe Chief happy weekend. TGIF. Am just here enjoying this Guinness . I cannot come and Kee myself, as they say. That subsidy removal is digging holes in my pocket lol. I am still adjusting to it. But God pass them so we will survive . As per electricity ? That’s not a problem here anymore . I get 24 hours of electricity since Jagaban has been in office except for a few days where they take it for one hour and my inverter covers that so I have absolutely no electricity problems. Bro this thread crazy. I was still an angry black man in uk when I made this thread 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Naija done calm person down ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by Klass99(f): 11:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
Klass99:

Please check your email shortly for an unrelated question to our discussion
fasho grin
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by OredoPikin: 12:21am On Jul 15, 2023
sukkot:
you must think we are all stupid here. why is there no igbo on the map ? you dont need to conquer someone before including them on the map. you must think we are stupid here
U are actually stupid if the explanation he gave is not sufficient to confused u
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by OredoPikin: 12:25am On Jul 15, 2023
sukkot:
Chai.
We need to send u to some villages in Ghana so that we can add them to Nigeria MAP

U are just foolish

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by AuschwitzPrefec: 4:28am On Jul 15, 2023
hornyofife:
Actually, both the yorubas and the hausas territories had been conquered as at 1800, the igbos were yet to be taken over hence, they were not yet included in the map. The igbo territories were the last to be subdued of all Britain colonial territory of Nigeria. Part of why they dislike the igbos because the igbos were stubborn and hard to crack..It took Britain 40yrs to subdue the igboland totally

The heebo were an after thought to the British.

The heebo lands only became a focal point after reports of lawlessness and widespread ritual murder and slavery were reported by missionaries to the British..

The total subjugation of Ibo territory by the British was neccessary for the following :

1. Unlike in the SS, SW and north where trade, treaties were signed, heebo land had no direct commercial interest to the British after the abolition of slave trade.

2. The British expedition forces were compelled by a sense of humanitarianism and need to establish order to wage police action on Ibo land.

3.Can you mention how any territory in Nigeria was conquered by force ? The British signed business treaties with other peoples to have a prescence. In Ibo land it was by force . Why ? Because the British knew they could not defeat and conquer the other nationalities by military means but saw they could use force to colonise you.

Colonial administration also showed how subjugated you had become as the British consulted extensively with the traditional authority in both the SW, SS and north but in Igboland it was direct colonial administration as the British had cleansed the land of any prior authority.

The British will later relax a bit and elevate some remanants of the Arochukwu thugs to warrant chief to act as their indirect rulers.

As the word "warrant" implies, these chiefs had authority to act more like plantation or prison trustees granted them by the British colonial authority . Was this the case in Bini, Warri , Calabar or in the Yoruba West and Fulani north ?

Sometimes you cretins need to do a thorough research on your pathetic history before you come online to chest beat.

1 Like

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by XAUBulls: 6:26am On Jul 15, 2023
sukkot:
hehe Chief happy weekend. TGIF. Am just here enjoying this Guinness . I cannot come and Kee myself, as they say. That subsidy removal is digging holes in my pocket lol. I am still adjusting to it. But God pass them so we will survive . As per electricity ? That’s not a problem here anymore . I get 24 hours of electricity since Jagaban has been in office except for a few days where they take it for one hour and my inverter covers that so I have absolutely no electricity problems. Bro this thread crazy. I was still an angry black man in uk when I made this thread 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Naija done calm person down ooo
Indeed Sukkot... Lol.
Do have a great weekend!
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by nairalanda1(m): 6:39am On Jul 15, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

3.Can you mention how any territory in Nigeria was conquered by force ? The British signed business treaties with other peoples to have a prescence. In Ibo land it was by force . Why ? Because the British knew they could not defeat and conquer the other nationalities by military means but saw they could use force to colonise you.

With respect to your point 3

1.Bini kingdom was subjugated by force. Infact the Brits fought an insurgency in the Bini lands after the intial conquest and deposition of the Oba.

2.Lagos was subjugated by force, and by intimidation

3.Most of Hausaland was subjugated by force. Kano is a good example of that. (As a byproduct of the conquest of Kano, hundreds of thousands of Hausas fled to what is now Sudan, where their descendants are to this day).

4.Many Northern minority tribes were subjugated by force too.

5.Dang, even Tivland was not taken over easily self.
Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by nairalanda1(m): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2023
sukkot:
so am looking at this map of nigeria in the 1800s and it shows yoruba and hausa and nupe territories and there is no mention of igbo. the igbo territories belonged to Niger protectorate and coast. my question is are igbos really from nigeria ? I am starting to think they migrated from cameroon to that region in the late 1800s. so the question is if they are Cameroonians why do they want to form biafra in nigeria ? look at this map and tell me i am wrong

8[/img]

;LOL...I'm not Igbo, and I can say that most Nigerian tribes came from elsewhere.

Yourba migrated from elsewhere, as did the Fulanis, and several other tribes. One northern minority even claims to have come from the neighbourhood of what is now Egypt.

Infact, the Sahara was once a fertile and grassy land. When it became a desert thousands of years ago, there were lots of migrations including into what is now Nigeria

Most tribes migrated from other places. The palaver is, most African history is oral, and as a result, we cannot reconstruct where which tribe migrated from where.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Igbos Really Come From Nigeria ? This Old Map Says Otherwise by sukkot: 7:53am On Jul 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

;LOL...I'm not Igbo, and I can say that most Nigerian tribes came from elsewhere.

Yourba migrated from elsewhere, as did the Fulanis, and several other tribes. One northern minority even claims to have come from the neighbourhood of what is now Egypt.

Infact, the Sahara was once a fertile and grassy land. When it became a desert thousands of years ago, there were lots of migrations including into what is now Nigeria

Most tribes migrated from other places. The palaver is, most African history is oral, and as a result, we cannot reconstruct where which tribe migrated from where.
now this is a more mature and balanced response

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Senator Danbaba Names 10 Northern States PDP Will Win In 2019 / Kwara State Governor-elect Visits Bola Tinubu. / Arms Deal Disbursements "I Was Acted On Jonathan's Instructions" .. Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.