Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand (43751 Views)

Elisha Abbo In Face-Off With Oluremi Tinubu, Senate Adhoc Panel (Video) / I Will Not Fail Nigeria Again - Buhari / 2019: Obasanjo Outlines Major Issues With APC, PDP, Says He’s Not Member Of ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
felixattah:
u think Akwa Ibom land is a free enclave for you people to grab? You must be the greatest idiots to feel u are the master over ibibioland.

Real men reason and talk constructively,but you yell like an infant without any tangible point.Illiterates like you remain the worse problem of mankind.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by irrefragable: 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
sarahade:

Why are you mapping territories that doesn't belong to your ancestors .
brother, we will only map in territories of those who want to be Biafrans. EOD
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by ernieboy(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Itsekiri is not needed in Biafra

I wonder who mistakenly added you people in Biafra

Anyway, we have informed Kanu that Itsekiris are Yoruba cousins and we don't want to have anything to do with you guys

Are you happy now

So use the word Itsekiri and not ND
what about urhobos, isoko, ijaws calabar, etc?
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by jpphilips(m): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2017
I am not sure the Global card IPOB has on the table, except the IPOB leadership are amateurs in global politics.

Most Nigerians don't seem to realise that the fate of Nigeria is not decided in Abuja but Brussels & New York.
Any intelligent person with a cable subscription knows what happens there.
Again, a lot of youths in our generation seem not to understand that direct or indirect battle for oil is a battle of world powers not host countries.

The rift between Nigeria and Biafra has a final bus stop at the UNSC, with members having tremendous interest in Nigeria.
Before we discuss their interest, note that these nations referred here in as the *gods* are pursuing a globalisation agenda believed to be the fulcrum of their Economic and security prosperity.

In this agenda, two blocks exist, the Western and the Eastern block.
Western block consists of US, UK and France with their allies while Eastern block consist of Russia and China with their allies.
While they are the only recognised global security apparatchik, they have competitive foreign policies which makes them competitors in the real sense of it.

These blocks are the same Allied powers that won the 2nd world war so make no mistakes about their capabilities. They struggle daily to extend their various spheres of influence, economically, the western block is winning which gave rise to the use of the USD as the global exchange currency. Also is the Euro which is controlled majorly by France and Germany both allied to the Western block.
It is safe to assume for now, the west is winning the economic battle.

In defence, it is much more complicated, In summary, the Western security alliance is called NATO (I will discuss later) while the Eastern security alliance is called SCO. I will focus on their economic tussle to explain why the Biafra struggle is a waste of time, energy and precious blood!
Like I said previously, you must understand that the battle for a united Nigeria is not a battle between IPOB and machete wielding Almajiri men and women,
NO!!
It is a battle between IPOB and the economic interest of the western block, in other words, Nigeria is just a proxy through which that agenda is implemented, watch the silence of Nigeria so far in the face of threats, they are waiting for the gods to speak and the gods must surely speak in the fullness of time.

What is the Western financial interest in Nigeria you may ask?

There are three major parameters to consider;
The first interest which is primarily oil and gas assets which cost billions of dollars if not Trillions of usd and Capital funds in our Financial system.
One may erroneously ask; is it not our resources? The answer is a sad
NO
The gods believe that the oil and gas facilities have more value than your oil, they believe without their technology, funds and expertise, you won't even know your oil exist. Anybody, group or country that has challenged this unwritten presumption has met a non negotiable SHAMEFUL DEATH in the last 50yrs.
When the gods say BLOOD MONEY it means the blood of anybody who stand against this strategic interest eg includes facilities that produce oil and gas, extract Uranium, gold, copper, silver, platinum and most recently rare earth metals.
The western block has a security muscle (nicknamed the western agent of death) a synergy of the best militaries in north America, former Ottoman empire and Europe in an alliance called NATO.

The binding force of NATO is Article 5 and I quote

Collective defence means that an attack against one Ally or her interest is considered as an attack against all Allies.*

This is the reason why you see all their companies investing billions of usd in strange countries knowing that NATO *must* protect them.

Some familiar names that dared this alliance in recent times are
President Assad of Syria, Gaddafi of Libya, Saddam of Iraq, Manuel Noriega of Panama, Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory coast and several others.

Every person and so many others not on this list have met death or imprisonment except Assad of Syria protected by the Eastern bloc to counter Qatar's growing gas influence in the South dome.
My question to you igbos is; Who is Nnamdi Kanu to challenge the interest of the gods? when Gaddafi died as commander in chief of the second best Military in Africa at the time?
Who is Kanu when Saddam died as the commander of the second best military in the Gulf region after israel?

What are the other western interests in Nigeria?

Go through our national budget, you will realise that a significant portion is earmarked for debt servicing, have you bothered to find out who we pay those money to? The answer is the Western block except when the loan is taken from the Exim bank of China, then it is split between the two blocks. In the just rounded off 2016 budget we paid them a whooping 2.3T naira and I can assure we will pay higher in 2017.This money must be paid at an agreed date, failure of which will result to down grading ratings and several other punitive actions. This is not only applicable to Nigeria but most African and Asian countries, the situation with the Francophone countries is worse!! So I still consider Nigeria very lucky. Do you now understand why obasanjo did all his best to pay off our Paris club debts understanding its consequence?
That is the sad reality of the country you live in. Your government will never tell you this.

The final interest of the Western block in Nigeria is the USD already adopted as the global exchange currency, President Nixon's administration removed the gold backing from the usd due to its global reach, ever since, the usd is backed by commodities eg oil.
Do you know that once oil price goes up, the USD loses value and vice versa?

Nigeria is a significant producer of crude oil any interruption in Nigeria's oil output will tilt the supply equilibrium with significant price increase that is against the interest of the western block. You know that America still remains the largest importer of crude as such, America pays highest for any marginal increase in crude price. Do you now understand why the US is pumping shale oil to ensure lower crude price? that will strengthen the dollars and save America from debt. Anything that threatens a significant oil producer in the world is a direct threat to the western bloc, that threat must be crushed using whatever means necessary.

That is why on the global stage, Nigeria is called a strategic financial partner of the western block
Do you now understand why Osibanjo attended the last G7 summit when Nigeria is neither a member nor an observer.
This battle is bigger than what igbos think, the gods don't care about your problems with Hausa- Fulani and Yoruba marginalisation, they are focused on their interest alone. Even if it leads to the total destruction of your country/region, they don't care!!

With Donald Trump at the helm of affairs in the US, Rex Tillerson (former Exxon ceo oil mogul) as foreign secretary, Jim mattis (mad dog) as defence secretary (hero of the Brutal battle of Fallujah) and Mc master as the National security adviser.
This is a blood thirsty team rumoured to have killed the most wanted terrorist in the world Abu bakar Al Baghdadi the leader of ISIS within just 4 months of assuming office. This is surely not the best time to go against the US interest trust me on that!!

The Biafran journey leads to one destination from a global point of view and that destination is DEATH. The question for IPOB is; how do you want to die? welcome to Syria you f00ls!!

copied from a whatsapp group!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
binsanni:
wow.. nice write up• hope those fools will understand simple english

Before calling others fools,examine yourself to see if you're not the fool.When it comes to the Igbos,everyone wants to bury them alive,but when it comes to the Hausa/Fulanis who're the sole people holding Nigeria to ransome in all aspects;people like you will shut up.

I'll always choose Igbos over Hausas any day,any time because they don't kill at the slittest provocation like you,they don't have boko haram the 2nd worse terrorists group in the world and they don't have Fulani herdsmen.All the do is go about their normal business.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by ernieboy(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Most idiots on Nairaland don't know that Israel will help transform Biafra into a first world nation in 10years

Biafra will be a developed and prosperous nation in 10years because of the Israelites
is real u say? LOL.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Mujtahida: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
irrefragable:
I didn't insult you that's why i said '' you sound stupid '' not you are stupid. Sometimes when people say awkward things it's good to point out how stupid what they just said sounds. It's not an insult.
You were wrong in that argument and you even have to ask the guy how old he is and how he sounded immature.
To me that's all bullshit, no offence intended.
Seriously there's absolutely nothing stupid about what I wrote except that you totally misunderstood me. You see something ehn I like to think broadly. I am no tribalist. It's not in my blood. I don't know how to think that way. If you penetrate to the depths of what I wrote you'd see that all I am saying is let's understand others. You have spoken about your culture. Fine. Excellent accommodating culture. But another man's culture is not like that. For now all you can do is to understand it and know how to adjust yourself to it. The non indigene who has stayed in your village and yet decides to kill what you guys hold as sacred is not wise. That you guys can be so gracious is a testament to your sense of sympathetic understanding and broad- mindedness . But another man's culture has not gotten to that level yet where he would place human life above the teetotal demands of his religion. So what would you as a wise man do? Would you just say ohhhhhh this is my country, I have every right and then you'd go drink in such a way as to be utterly disrespectful of their religion, a religion that forbids drinking and regards it as a crime? Particularly during their fasting? Mind you I am not saying non-Muslims in the North should not drink but they should be wise about it. Those who have stayed in the North including your Igbo brothers (that's if you are Igbo) know better.

And do not rest your case on the constitution. Arid legality creates problems if not applied with sense. I know what I am saying. All I am saying is understand others, understand others. Am I a Biafran? No! Do I understand the undercurrents driving the clamour? Yes(even if not fully). Would it be wise for me in view of how emotional, fanatical and religiously fired you guys get over this issue for me to go into Ipob areas and on the basis of freedom of speech start telling them that Biafra would not work, that it is doomed? By the time you hear the story of my death at the hands of ipob you won't say ooohh I was exercising my right. You'd most probably, with so much good feeling, say good for that Ndi Ara, that Ewu Gambia. I might have stood on the law but I'd be dead. Too late.

Just this weekend I read a very interesting interview Azikiwe gave in the seventies. He said after he had gotten Ojukwu to convince at least four heads of state to bring up the Biafran issue to be discussed by the OAU so as to get Gowon to come to the round table, at the OAU Awolowo raised the objection based on INTERNATIONAL LAW (and Azikiwe in that interview conceded that Awolowo was right) that OAU charter does not permit OAU to delve into the internal Affairs of member states and that was how that opportunity to save lives was destroyed on the altar of Legal puritanism. Here's the link to that interview https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/my-role-in-the-civil-war-by-zik/119382.html

So yes on the constitution you are right but common sense demands that knowing the kind of people you are dealing with you'd be wise to comport yourself in a way that would not constitute an affront to their religious sensibilities. And then drink and enjoy your beer.

In court lawyers have the right to speak yet seniors at the bar would tell young hot heads 'know your judge'. My brother know your host biko. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Mujtahida: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nature8(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
Kyase:
Arewa boys should take it easy haba their blood too dey hot, sha na TM work

Ojukwu boys ma no dey hear, una too stuborn, sha na ibo work.

Awolowo boy, hmm una own worst pass, stop the dey cause fight between Arewa boys and ojukwu boys, I know wetin una dey smoke sha.

Adaka boro boys, well what can i say, continue the bombing, but i no wan hear climate change or environmetal issue. I know say una the combine both ibo and TM that na why.

Middle belt boys, as we no get leader na, our own don finish, fulanis go use us to suya, i sorry for us pass.
Gravas
OZAOEKPE NairalandHowTo Tahrah sheddy411

grin
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Moety: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
InvertedHammer:

To answer the question:
1. Phillipines controlled by the Chinese
2. Jamaica controlled by the Chinese and the Indians.

There are many more examples. But I believe these two are enough for now.
The whole of South East Asia is controlled by Chinese. Infact the Chinese are now controlling the entire world.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by sarahade(f): 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Olosho u don tire abi u don go attend to customer? grin Maybe na d customer wey go cure d kongi wey dey worry u cos u ve been on heat little rabid dog.I know say ur body just pepper u may u go cool down small. cry Useless dicksucker addicted to cum cos I know u re a a lover peddler. No go let oloshoism take out d little life left in u.U re a Bastard x 101. Thunder fire u die throway. Ur antidote to ur fustration is to hug transformer.
Shm is that all.
Now I can see you need to get laid to end your frustration.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by EzeeYFB(m): 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Didn't Nigeria fight a civil war? Who is advocating for another civil war? I only pointed out that we didn't learn anything from our own civil war.

Abeg, receive sense. Na u need am pass. grin
all points you are throwing only points towards fight fight.

Lol, take ur own advice
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Nigeriadondie: 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
sarahade:

Shm is that all.
Now I can see you need to get laid to end your frustration.
Bleep off ranting street girl. No be Delta u be, I can imagine how wild and beast-like u re. Very raw and lack manners to insult people at will. I wud say it again that u re a dog that should be caged or released far deep into d wild. U re not fit to be where human reside less come on nairaland. Olosho as toto no get meter u re generous with it anyway I can understand as a way of relieving d fustration afflicting ur wretched corpse.

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by fratermathy(m): 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
EmeeNaka:

2) Biafra agitation is led by Igbos chiefly, but not only Igbos are in support of it and the Biafra proposed map does not make the Biafra, a landlocked state except if there are some other people preparing another Biafra.

There is no other ethnic group in the South that has widespread support for Biafra other than Igbos. Leave facts as facts. The number of SSners supporting Biafra is no more or less than Yorubas or Hausas supporting Biafra and they do this at a strictly personal level. Many groups in the SS have officially denounced Biafra and the inclusion of their sovereign territories into the Biafran map without their permission.

Don't project a mini-Nigeria all in a bid to get access to the sea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Sweetguy25: 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
fratermathy:

There is no other ethnic group in the South that has widespread support for Biafra other than Igbos. Leave facts as facts. The number of SSners supporting Biafra is no more or less than Yorubas or Hausas supporting Biafra and they do this at a strictly personal level. Many groups in the SS have officially denounced Biafra and the inclusion of their sovereign territories into the Biafran map without their permission.

Don't project a mini-Nigeria all in a bid to get access to the sea.

Aren't there Igbos in the south south?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Ngozi123(f): 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
Leiman100:
stop living in a fools paradise, they have denounce biafra long ago, and i dont think you have the capacity to force any other tribe into a Biafra that will never be actualize

What 'other' tribes are you talking about? Are you claiming that Asaba indigenes are not Igbo? If the people of Asaba have denounced Biafra "long ago", as you put it, then why is Asaba still one of the biggest IPOB headquarters?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by irrefragable: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
Mujtahida:

Seriously there's absolutely nothing stupid about what I wrote except that you totally misunderstood me. You see something ehn I like to think broadly. I am no tribalist. It's not in my blood. I don't know how to think that way. If you penetrate to the depths of what I wrote you'd see that all I am saying is let's understand others. You have spoken about your culture. Fine. Excellent accommodating culture. But another man's culture is not like that. For now all you can do is to understand it and know how to adjust yourself to it. The non indigene who has stayed in your village and yet decides to kill what you guys hold as sacred is not wise. That you guys can be so gracious is a testament to your sense of sympathetic understanding and broad- mindedness . But another man's culture has not gotten to that level yet where he would place human life above the teetotal demands of his religion. So what would you as a wise man do? Would you just say ohhhhhh this is my country, I have every right and then you'd go drink in such a way as to be utterly disrespectful of their religion, a religion that forbids drinking and regards it as a crime? Particularly during their fasting? Mind you I am not saying non-Muslims in the North should not drink but they should be wise about it. Those who have stayed in the North including your Igbo brothers (that's if you are Igbo) know better.

And do not rest your case on the constitution. Arid legality creates problems if not applied with sense. I know what I am saying. All I am saying is understand others, understand others. Am I a Biafran? No! Do I understand the undercurrents driving the clamour? Yes(even if not fully). Would it be wise for me in view of how emotional, fanatical and religiously fired you guys get over this issue for me to go into Ipob areas and on the basis of freedom of speech start telling them that Biafra would not work, that it is doomed? By the time you hear the story of my death at the hands of ipob you won't say ooohh I was exercising my right. You'd most probably, with so much good feeling, say good for that Ndi Ara, that Ewu Gambia. I might have stood on the law but I'd be dead. Too late.

Just this weekend I read a very interesting interview Azikiwe gave in the seventies. He said after he had gotten Ojukwu to convince at least four heads of state to bring up the Biafran issue to be discussed by the OAU so as to get Gowon to come to the round table, at the OAU Awolowo raised the objection based on INTERNATIONAL LAW (and Azikiwe in that interview conceded that Awolowo was right) that OAU charter does not permit OAU to delve into the internal Affairs of member states and that was how that opportunity to save lives was destroyed on the altar of Legal puritanism. Here's the link to that interview https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/my-role-in-the-civil-war-by-zik/119382.html

So yes on the constitution you are right but common sense demands that knowing the kind of people you are dealing with you'd be wise to comport yourself in a way that would not constitute an affront to their religious sensibilities. And then drink and enjoy your beer.

In court we lawyers have the right to speak yet seniors at the bar would tell young hot heads 'know your judge'. My brother know your host biko. Cheers
perfect! Perfect!! Perfect!!!
It's their culture to kill those who kill those who disrespect their culture so I should learn to live with it. Fine.
What if I tell you it's in my culture not to share a country with people whose culture does not accommodate erring strangers?
Remember that was my bone of contention with you earlier because you chided that guy for applying the same logic when he said it is better for us to be of different nationalities so when our citizens gets killed for disrespecting their culture, we will understand that it is coming from a different country.

So what say you about that, bro?

And please reread your post the one i first quoted to understand where I am coming from.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Ngozi123(f): 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
sarahade:
What I know is Biafra should stop including Niger delta in their useless map. If we can't stay on our own we stand with Nigeria.

The Niger Delta is comprised of 9 states, namely: Ondo, Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Abia, Edo, Bayelsa and Delta states. Which of these are you speaking for?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by fratermathy(m): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sweetguy25:

Aren't there Igbos in the south south?
There is no other ethnic group in the South that has widespread support for Biafra other than Igbos.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by Ngozi123(f): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:

In fact igbos are the most united and progressive group in Nigeria. Everywhere they are, they form igbo unions and donate money to help back home. Stop this useless myth.

Exactly. The Igbo union I belong to has members from across Igboland, including Rivers and Delta. I don't understand how these non-Igbos think that they can convince us that we're divided, as though we don't encounter other Igbos from different communities on a daily basis.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by fratermathy(m): 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Who made us Nigerians.?

My tribe wasn't consulted before being declared Nigerians

And did you guys consult the SSners before declaring all of them, and their sovereign territories, as part of Biafra?
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by fratermathy(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Chase who

Why should we chase you out of your ancestral homeland

If Ijaws, Ibibios, Annangs, etc join us, you guys can join the Fulani herdsmen to continue with Nigeria

Your ethnic group is not needed for our survival

So join Fulani herdsmen

Must they join you for your struggle to be achieved? Have they said they are interested IN OFFICIAL CAPACITY? Are there any terms or agreements between Igbos and the tribes you mentioned, including the elusive ones implied by your "etc"?
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by HiddenShadow: 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
fratermathy:

Must they join you for your struggle to be achieved? Have they said they are interested IN OFFICIAL CAPACITY? Are there any terms or agreements between Igbos and the tribes you mentioned, including the elusive ones implied by your "etc"?

Did I mention Urhobo here

What concerns you with those tribes

Did they tell you that they can't speak for themselves
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by HiddenShadow: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
ernieboy:
what about urhobos, isoko, ijaws calabar, etc?

Speak for your tribe
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by fratermathy(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
steppins:

Words of consolation. You don't wanna be left alone with the northerners. Lol
And without the igbos in South South, Niger delta Republic(even with their oil) will end up like South Sudan. Lol
Itsekiris, Urhobos​ and some Yorubas pretending to be South South, are the only people running around, complaining about a Biafra map.

I do hope you see the self-delusion that will be the undoing of the Igbo?

I repeat what I had earlier said "No group in the South except the Igbos want Biafra. The few persons who are non-Igbo Biafran supporters are no more and no less than the Yorubas and Hausas that support Biafra and they do so at a strictly personal level".

SSners want out of the marriage, no doubts. However, don't presume that because they want out that they want to be in Biafra with Igbos as the dominant ethnicity.

Don't also assume that because many SS groups are docile and rather be quiet observers, that they can easily be cajoled to leave a big Nigeria for a smaller Nigeria (Yes! A multiethnic Biafra is only a smaller Nigeria with the Hausa replaced by the Igbo).

Until such a time when agreements are made and interests are shown, you lots should agitate for only an Igboid country. Also avoid making statements that will make it hard for you guys to woo the SS or use their ports should you get your nation.
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by fratermathy(m): 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Did I mention Urhobo here

What concerns you with those tribes

Did they tell you that they can't speak for themselves

And what concerns you with them? That is the question on the ground! I do not come off as speaking for them or FORCING them to do anything. You, on the other hand, have clearly stated that you want them in Biafra. So I ask, WHY? Did they tell you they are interested?
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by HiddenShadow: 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2017
jpphilips:
I am not sure the Global card IPOB has on the table, except the IPOB leadership are amateurs in global politics.

Most Nigerians don't seem to realise that the fate of Nigeria is not decided in Abuja but Brussels & New York.
Any intelligent person with a cable subscription knows what happens there.
Again, a lot of youths in our generation seem not to understand that direct or indirect battle for oil is a battle of world powers not host countries.

The rift between Nigeria and Biafra has a final bus stop at the UNSC, with members having tremendous interest in Nigeria.
Before we discuss their interest, note that these nations referred here in as the *gods* are pursuing a globalisation agenda believed to be the fulcrum of their Economic and security prosperity.

In this agenda, two blocks exist, the Western and the Eastern block.
Western block consists of US, UK and France with their allies while Eastern block consist of Russia and China with their allies.
While they are the only recognised global security apparatchik, they have competitive foreign policies which makes them competitors in the real sense of it.

These blocks are the same Allied powers that won the 2nd world war so make no mistakes about their capabilities. They struggle daily to extend their various spheres of influence, economically, the western block is winning which gave rise to the use of the USD as the global exchange currency. Also is the Euro which is controlled majorly by France and Germany both allied to the Western block.
It is safe to assume for now, the west is winning the economic battle.

In defence, it is much more complicated, In summary, the Western security alliance is called NATO (I will discuss later) while the Eastern security alliance is called SCO. I will focus on their economic tussle to explain why the Biafra struggle is a waste of time, energy and precious blood!
Like I said previously, you must understand that the battle for a united Nigeria is not a battle between IPOB and machete wielding Almajiri men and women,
NO!!
It is a battle between IPOB and the economic interest of the western block, in other words, Nigeria is just a proxy through which that agenda is implemented, watch the silence of Nigeria so far in the face of threats, they are waiting for the gods to speak and the gods must surely speak in the fullness of time.

What is the Western financial interest in Nigeria you may ask?

There are three major parameters to consider;
The first interest which is primarily oil and gas assets which cost billions of dollars if not Trillions of usd and Capital funds in our Financial system.
One may erroneously ask; is it not our resources? The answer is a sad
NO
The gods believe that the oil and gas facilities have more value than your oil, they believe without their technology, funds and expertise, you won't even know your oil exist. Anybody, group or country that has challenged this unwritten presumption has met a non negotiable SHAMEFUL DEATH in the last 50yrs.
When the gods say BLOOD MONEY it means the blood of anybody who stand against this strategic interest eg includes facilities that produce oil and gas, extract Uranium, gold, copper, silver, platinum and most recently rare earth metals.
The western block has a security muscle (nicknamed the western agent of death) a synergy of the best militaries in north America, former Ottoman empire and Europe in an alliance called NATO.

The binding force of NATO is Article 5 and I quote

Collective defence means that an attack against one Ally or her interest is considered as an attack against all Allies.*

This is the reason why you see all their companies investing billions of usd in strange countries knowing that NATO *must* protect them.

Some familiar names that dared this alliance in recent times are
President Assad of Syria, Gaddafi of Libya, Saddam of Iraq, Manuel Noriega of Panama, Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory coast and several others.

Every person and so many others not on this list have met death or imprisonment except Assad of Syria protected by the Eastern bloc to counter Qatar's growing gas influence in the South dome.
My question to you igbos is; Who is Nnamdi Kanu to challenge the interest of the gods? when Gaddafi died as commander in chief of the second best Military in Africa at the time?
Who is Kanu when Saddam died as the commander of the second best military in the Gulf region after israel?

What are the other western interests in Nigeria?

Go through our national budget, you will realise that a significant portion is earmarked for debt servicing, have you bothered to find out who we pay those money to? The answer is the Western block except when the loan is taken from the Exim bank of China, then it is split between the two blocks. In the just rounded off 2016 budget we paid them a whooping 2.3T naira and I can assure we will pay higher in 2017.This money must be paid at an agreed date, failure of which will result to down grading ratings and several other punitive actions. This is not only applicable to Nigeria but most African and Asian countries, the situation with the Francophone countries is worse!! So I still consider Nigeria very lucky. Do you now understand why obasanjo did all his best to pay off our Paris club debts understanding its consequence?
That is the sad reality of the country you live in. Your government will never tell you this.

The final interest of the Western block in Nigeria is the USD already adopted as the global exchange currency, President Nixon's administration removed the gold backing from the usd due to its global reach, ever since, the usd is backed by commodities eg oil.
Do you know that once oil price goes up, the USD loses value and vice versa?

Nigeria is a significant producer of crude oil any interruption in Nigeria's oil output will tilt the supply equilibrium with significant price increase that is against the interest of the western block. You know that America still remains the largest importer of crude as such, America pays highest for any marginal increase in crude price. Do you now understand why the US is pumping shale oil to ensure lower crude price? that will strengthen the dollars and save America from debt. Anything that threatens a significant oil producer in the world is a direct threat to the western bloc, that threat must be crushed using whatever means necessary.

That is why on the global stage, Nigeria is called a strategic financial partner of the western block
Do you now understand why Osibanjo attended the last G7 summit when Nigeria is neither a member nor an observer.
This battle is bigger than what igbos think, the gods don't care about your problems with Hausa- Fulani and Yoruba marginalisation, they are focused on their interest alone. Even if it leads to the total destruction of your country/region, they don't care!!

With Donald Trump at the helm of affairs in the US, Rex Tillerson (former Exxon ceo oil mogul) as foreign secretary, Jim mattis (mad dog) as defence secretary (hero of the Brutal battle of Fallujah) and Mc master as the National security adviser.
This is a blood thirsty team rumoured to have killed the most wanted terrorist in the world Abu bakar Al Baghdadi the leader of ISIS within just 4 months of assuming office. This is surely not the best time to go against the US interest trust me on that!!

The Biafran journey leads to one destination from a global point of view and that destination is DEATH. The question for IPOB is; how do you want to die? welcome to Syria you f00ls!!

copied from a whatsapp group!

Stop fooling yourself

Israeli God Yahweh is behind Biafra that is why Buhari landed in the hospital
Re: Biafra Vs Arewa Face Off: The Five Major Issues We Must Not Fail To Understand by pazienza(m): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
"Most group oppose Biafra secession by threatening to secede if Igbos go; that's a sign that the only thing keeping many groups in Nigeria is Igbo man".
Spot on.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Postponement Of Election, Tells Nigerians What To Do / President Babangida’s Visit To Britain In 1989 (Photos, Video and Memories) / Abiola's Family Slams David Hundeyin, Calls Him A Fake News Peddler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.