Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer (60424 Views)

Any Man That Can Be Controlled By A Woman Is Still A Boy ā€“ Reno Omokri / Nigerian Man Is Searching For A Husband For His Mother (Photos) / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by fineboynl(m): 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nina4u:
I know and that is very wrong... You got married for BETTER and for WORSE ..that means mutual understanding and love.. You work together to achive a goal.. Not me for me or you for you but together.. No matter what the situation.. #TeamForegnGirls hahahaha #JussSayin
when a woman become millionaire she never see the need to submit to anymore below her status. she always turn her sexual satisfaction to toys and fruits e.g cucumbers.

or she will better go for a small younger boy she can control with her money. its called sugar mummy. some jobless young boys date them and they use this boys as they like to their satisfaction with the money they give the boy.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nina4u(f): 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
fineboynl:
when a woman become millionaire she never see the need to submit to anymore below her status. she always turn her sexual satisfaction to toys and fruits e.g cucumbers.

or she will better go for a small younger boy she can control with her money. its called sugar mummy. some jobless young boys date them and they use this boys as they like to their satisfaction with the money they give the boy.
So I heard.. I would rather help motherless fatherless children that don't have nobody.. That would give me great satisfaction to know God blessed me with this money so I can help someone that don't have anything.. When it comes to sex.. If ur in a relationship you have to communicate how u like to be touched and be crazy.. Have sex on the kitchen table.. In the shower on the couch.. If he drives a car give him a bj while driving.. Send sexy text messages.. I mean... Its a relationship.. It is not a dictatorship.. Love goes 2 ways.. Not one way..

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by iRepNaija1: 12:03am On Jun 16, 2017
chronique:

I believe if you have the ability to comprehend, and you read with an open mind, you'd get my drift. I can't, and would never be threatened by any woman's success. I have my reasons for saying the things I say. Of course, I have asked out women who I knew were financially better than me real good, and of course, I pulled out from going forward when I realized someone else wanted to determine what I'd do in life, where I'd live and all sorts. It wasn't a case of "do you think we can do xyz like this"? It was a case of "I can't do this and that, if you want me, you have to do that and that and we have to do that and that". I am a man who doesn't take orders from women, and can't sit down and allow a woman tell me what and what I should do, and how I should live my life.

Apparently, some ladies don't understand that not everyone is interested in gold digging. Like I said, most ladies allow their success get into their head, and find it difficult to control it. The chances of finding the minute % who can control their successes, is slim, and a very tedious task. So tell me, why should I spend time trying to find that minute %,when I can easily find someone I'm doing better than, financially, to marry? I'm a very cerebral person and I do a lot of thinking before getting myself into issues. I try as much as possible to see the end of the road before even embarking on the journey.

Nb: if I felt threatened, I wouldn't even have attempted to ask such a person out; don't you think?

Yeah, I'm not reading all of that. Have several seats.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Mr2kay6: 12:05am On Jun 16, 2017
PaperLace:
How do men handle being richer? tyranny?
Was it not on this same NL a thread was created asking people if they'll like to marry men like their fathers, and most people said no?
Citing how their father bossed everyone around because he is the sole provider? When a man is richer, he immediately crowns himself god, everyone falls into place. Isn't it this providing you men keep using to disturb someone's ear, why can't the woman feel important when she assumes same role?

When a woman is richer, you expect her to belittle her achievements to please the man, she'll buy a car and has to tell people it's the husband that bought it _ that's the only way to look humble.

As far as I am concerned, the problem of most Nigerian men is ego. Aside their manhood and money, they feel useless. They have been brought up to feel they must provide and earn more. The moment they are not living up to that, insecurity sets in. Even the wife's footstep will be likened to pride.

I don't blame women that go for richer men at all!!!!
Work on your fecking insecurities and stop looking for a woman to control with money.

i respect your opinion but in all fairness women are to humble and obey their husband no matter how rich they are...God said it.....
nobody ask the woman to belittle herself all she gats do, is to be humble and never use her riches as a way to ride or disrespect her husband,at the end of the day every wealthy "girl" needs a man for her to be called a woman
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by chronique(m): 4:40am On Jun 16, 2017
iRepNaija1:

Yeah, I'm not reading all of that. Have several seats.

You see how you're already sounding rude over just a simple argument? And you still think I'm wrong with my assertion? Well, I already passed my message and I'm sure no sensible man would leave a lady he is doing better than, to start hunting a richer woman except he's a gold digger.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by judgedredd22(m): 5:18am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by judgedredd22(m): 5:18am On Jun 16, 2017
foyeks2001:

Pray to God to give you your missing bone Bro because my father had this same mindset of yours....Its too late for him( he's in his late 70s now), but not you
When my father was father, then he was working with a German firm at that time HF Scrolder( don't know if I got that right), he had money then, always looked down on my mummy( a bread winner )( a poor Federal civil servant), he comes home at odd hours after giving order of 'serve them round', plus concubines etc.
When an opportunity came to own a flat for my mom( all these Jakande Estates), she informed my daddy abt it, and the money to be paid b4 securing a flat( the rest wld be deducted from her salary), my father( he bought a land in Lag but the Omo onile finally hijacked the land) bluntly said he cannot live under a woman's roof, she even told him that , we don't need to live there, if he can just help her out with that first payment, then my father said that a woman cannot own a house b4 him....my mom tried all she could, but she missed the opportunity.... years after, when Abdulsalami entered, he changed the whole thing, he increased civil servants salary.... my mom bought a land in Lagos and built a structure on it (then HF scrolder had folded up, dad managing with Eleganza and left for another meager pay till he finally retired himself)...
As God wld have it,My mom ( a retired civil servant) has been responsible for my dad's welfare(even b4 she retired in 2005)( her pension(over 50k) and monthly pay she receives from her daughters and sons- in-law) till tomorrow, even living under a woman's roof he declined years back....Its now I can confidently say that my mom is enjoying her marriage, God gave my father his wife
Only God knows how he distributes HIS things, you might be destined that your life partner wld be richer than you are, or wld be the one to lift you up....
I do tell my mom that if she were to be me, I wld have divorced such a man a very long time ago because I don't understand where u had one child, you noticed your spouse bad behavior towards you and d baby till u gave birth to 6kids for this man

this mentality right here is what the topic is all about.... you just proved the Op right afterall! young girls of nowadays should learn what marriage is all about, but no, too much hollywood has brainwashed them to always think of divorce at the slightest provocation! sad
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by chronique(m): 6:07am On Jun 16, 2017
judgedredd22:

this mentality right here is what the topic is all about.... you just proved the Op right afterall! young girls of nowadays should learn what marriage is all about, but no, too much hollywood has brainwashed them to always think of divorce at the slightest provocation! sad

What I find amusing, is how ladies of this generation (a good number of them actually have nothing really to offer a man outside sex), are trying to tell men how to be men, and what a man should look like or be like. Seems they've forgotten we have parents and our parents are in the best position to tutor us, on such issues.

I once worked for a woman who had a very big pharmacy and the husband was a banker. She was richer than her husband. This woman would shout on the husband in my presence and ask him what he is doing with reading of newspaper, when there are clients to be attended to. The man would stand up and join us (workers) to start attending to clients. The first day she did it, I was so upset and I complained to my colleague. They told me that was how she was. Of course, I'd never seen such an experience personally before then. I was her trusted staff and we used to close together, very late at night. Sometimes 10pm, at 11pm and she'd drop me off at my bus stop. I was wondering how she used to manage to take care of her home, seeing she gets home very late from work. As time progressed, she started complaining about her husband, how he did this and did that, and doesn't do xyz,etc. I started wondering what all of that had to do with me. When I wanted to quit the job, I told her and she pleaded with me to stay for extra 2 months or so, so she could get another capable hand. She trusted me very well cos her money never got missing, and there was never a shortage or mistake anytime I was on duty. Whatever cash we had, always tallied with what was on the system. I was the only one she was calling for stock taking...

One fateful day, I was off duty and went to the hospital. My colleague who was supposed to be on duty didn't come to work. This woman called me and started yelling at me and I told her I wasn't supposed to be on duty. She started talking about how she would sack me when she comes back from her trip... Before then, I had borrowed half of my salary upfront and when she started her threats, I just decided to work and complete the work for the period I had collected money and as soon as she came, I just gave her a letter that I wouldn't be coming to work from the next week. After I left her that day, my colleague called me and was telling me how she was almost into tears. She didn't think I was going to do what I did. She was used to threatening others and get them in line but that didn't work for me as it rather pushed me out faster. Now, the fact that she could be sober of my action despite the fact that I was just an employee, means she probably might not have been a bad person sort of. She probably wasn't able to handle the situation she had found herself in, properly. She would shout at the husband and at her brother publicly but I wasn't ready for such. I was already putting in more than required and wasn't getting paid a dime for doing overtime. I didn't even have time for myself cos of her. The fact that she was already ridiculing her husband in my presence and to me, was already a red flag to be careful of. Even if you give such a woman all the money in the world, and ask me to marry her, I certainly wouldn't.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by pressplay411(m): 6:17am On Jun 16, 2017
DeadPresident:

I remember a lady i dated few years ago, she'sā€‹ the general manager of a multi million dollar company

She's 300 times richer than me

This stupid ass lady always bugs to give her money, take her on vacations, buy gifts for her

I've never see $1 from this idiot

Women are naturally dumb

All of them don't know what they want

She saw gold digger written all over you. She must have enjoyed torturing you. grin
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2017
cooldood:

You are the one that is insecure, cos you cant be humble... you now cover up your weakness with the word 'insecurity', to make you feel good. An insecure person wont go 'toasting a rich babe in the first place' and dating her, only to discover, the attitude is more terrible and dirty than a bush pig...what do you expect, stay with such, ofcos not, I'd ditch her and run for dear life...LOL..when there are average babes that are also pretty/ fine (even though gals will always have childish attitude, but at least, their own is manageable for many more of them more than the rich pigs).
Okay smiley
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 16, 2017
Well my mother has more money than my step dad and ages still normal, but frankly I would rather be richer or be okay to handle the bills. Unlike men women tend to complain about stuff when they are handling too much but I was raised by a single parent mother for a while so can't say I can relate though.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by iamHighDee(m): 7:45am On Jun 16, 2017
Honestly, this is quite true for most ladies. It's also why most times men don't like marrying ladies richer than them and some of these ladies stay single for a very long time. Feminists would say the man is insecure, but a fact remains a fact.
But when you understand that some people love each other truly and perhaps the traditional families in Nigeria for example still has plenty females that respect and love their husbands no matter what plus the husbands who love and respect their wives regardless of how old or how rich she is; you'd know that we are blessed in Nigeria.
It's the western world that's trying to infuse senseless things into our youths these days

fineboynl:
When a man is richer (by statics 80% of men) he don't make a big deal out it to take take of the family/relationship. However he sees it as his responsibility. He only gets reacted if the woman/wife is not respecting him or the woman/wife was forced on him.

But when a woman is richer (by statics 80 women) its hell for everybody in the family. Most especially the man. The woman sees it like she is doing him a favor. So with this she gets rude at any slight provocation. It always leads to disunity to every one in the house.

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by VanBommel(m): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2017
DeadPresident:

I remember a lady i dated few years ago, she'sā€‹ the general manager of a multi million dollar company

She's 300 times richer than me

This stupid ass lady always bugs to give her money, take her on vacations, buy gifts for her

I've never see $1 from this idiot

Women are naturally dumb

All of them don't know what they want
chei grin grin this guy, how many monikers do you have grin grin
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by oxiide22(m): 8:37am On Jun 16, 2017
correct!
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nina4u(f): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2017
I'm a bosslady and never asked a guy for nothing

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by feekhalifa131: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2017
Am a guy,but dis is crap,maybe datz how dey behave in ur village
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by bigcp(m): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
That's why most 9ja women that made it b4 marriage are still single....later dem go de say 9ja men are scared of rich women...that's a big lie....who no go like marry an already made woman?....
Rich single women...here in 9ja..are something else here...
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by zanga420: 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2017
fineboynl:
When a man is richer (by statics 80% of men) he don't make a big deal out it to take take of the family/relationship. However he sees it as his responsibility. He only gets reacted if the woman/wife is not respecting him or the woman/wife was forced on him.

But when a woman is richer (by statics 80 women) its hell for everybody in the family. Most especially the man. The woman sees it like she is doing him a favor. So with this she gets rude at any slight provocation. It always leads to disunity to every one in the house.

it's really unfortunate but there're good ladies out there aswell that help their man n still humble /submissive. If you think I'm oga Lai ask ritababe
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ritababe(f): 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
zanga420:
it's really unfortunate but there're good ladies out there aswell that help their man n still humble /submissive. If you think I'm oga Lai ask ritababe

zanga
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by zanga420: 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
ritababe:

zanga
sup babe
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2017
ivolt:

grin grin
Please, stop imagining things in your head, imagination is not equal to reality.
Women are more Emotionally Intelligent than men, many researches have
confirmed this.

The number of women CEO is a question of patriarchy not women's fault.

How many women in authority have you interacted with to make the use
of the word "most" ?

The problem you guys have is that of superiority complex when working
with women, you can't imagine a common woman making decisions,
a woman that should be on her feet worshipping you.

Many guys suffer in their workplace courtesy of their boss's attitude but they
won't complain if the boss is a man but let their be a change in management and a woman is in
charge, that is when they will remember that their boss is evil and proud.
This is no surprising as their unconscious mind is interested solely in finding
evidence that the woman is incompetent and they tend to confirm their
bias.

Even in politics, when 10 men are arraigned for corruption, the usual
comment is that "politicians are generally bad", "we are all corrupt".
But should one woman be arraigned , the story immediately change
to "corrupt nature of women", " women shouldn't be in government.
The same commentators who couldn't condemn corruption when men
are involved suddenly find their voice by blaming the gender instead
of the person involved.

Open your own company and become the CEO.
What has patriarchy got to do with it?
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
PaperLace:

(i.e) If not that shouldering majority of the financial responsibilities makes them feel in charge _most of them wouldn't do it.
That's why they feel insecure when they're not doing it.

And what problem do you have with Sb shouldering his responsibilities?
Would you have loved him to be happy being irresponsible either?

The thing with misandry, being masquaraded as feminism is that it tends to make out issues where there are none.
At least, doing good makes the man in question fulfilled, and not alcoholism, womanizing etc
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by yongg: 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nina4u:
So I heard.. I would rather help motherless fatherless children that don't have nobody.. That would give me great satisfaction to know God blessed me with this money so I can help someone that don't have anything.. When it comes to sex.. If ur in a relationship you have to communicate how u like to be touched and be crazy.. Have sex on the kitchen table.. In the shower on the couch.. If he drives a car give him a bj while driving.. Send sexy text messages.. I mean... Its a relationship.. It is not a dictatorship.. Love goes 2 ways.. Not one way..

so sexy; that bj references to "the wolf of wall street" and "American Gods series"
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by CuteMorriz: 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2017
Cinderella5:
it's easy to spot lazy men with no future ambition, you are a disgrace to men.
but a woman who wants to marry a rich man is ambitious? And hard working? ...this is why I insist everyone should marry from his/her class but often times you see balling dudes marrying koboless babes and no one is talking....walks out of thread
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by yongg: 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nina4u:

I can't say I have attained that yet, as a matter of fact Nina4u, I have sent you a PM. Please don't be mad at me, ok. I really need it. Thanks in anticipation of your kindest reply
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by RedBeauty: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
Nina4u:
Preach cheesy
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ivolt: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Open your own company and become the CEO.
What has patriarchy got to do with it?

How many companies do you own ?
Posting without understanding reflects poorly on you.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
ivolt:

How many companies do you own ?
Posting without understanding reflects poorly on you.

But you don't see me shouting patriarchy, and that's cos I know that I am not a CEO cos I didn't float a company.
Not cos of patriarchy. Do you even know the definition of patriarchy?
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by bukatyne(f): 2:23am On Jun 19, 2017
IHate9jerians:
I had a friend who lost his job a few years ago and his wife had become the sole provider in the home.He had been out of work for about 3months and i visited him inorder to say 'Hi". While i was there,a football match was being shown on the telly and we both sat down in the parlour gisting and watching the game.
All of a sudden,his wife stepped into the sitting room and switched off the tv from the socket.She then stared at us and said she pays the DSTV bills and we dont have the right to watch it since none of us paid for it.
Wetin concern me.I immediately got up and took my leave inviting my friend for a drink at a joint.He tried to apologise for his wife"s actions but it wasnt necessary because i knew what caused that her behaviour.
No finance,no romance in this hard-knock naija

And I know a man who said his wife cannot watch Z-world & Telemundo because he pays DSTV bills....

When I jokingly asked what if his wife paid? He said a wo n an can never pay any bill in his house.

FYI: wife is a housewife so the rule applies even while he is at work.

Go figure.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by bukatyne(f): 2:26am On Jun 19, 2017
ivolt:

So why were you feigning ignorance in the first place ?

The OP contend that men are okay providing for the family without
making noise about it, he fails to realise that men are not doing it freely,
such services are exchanged for authority.

There is a difference between a husband and a man, same way there
is a difference between a sperm donor and a father.

A husband is not just a man with pen.is, a husband must act like one
and perform husband's responsibility, if he fails to do that, he cannot
and should not expect to be treated like an overlord.

If you claim authority because you are the man, you should expect to lose
the same authority if you stop being the man.

You can't turn around to claim victim when you fail to perform your duties
or live up to expectations.

This is why I see any woman who marry below her class as naive because
she will never enjoy such marriage as any of her acts/reactions will be
interpreted in terms of wealth/arrogance instead of being judged
on their merits.

100% on point.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ivolt: 9:50am On Jun 19, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

But you don't see me shouting patriarchy, and that's cos I know that I am not a CEO cos I didn't float a company.
Not cos of patriarchy. Do you even know the definition of patriarchy?

Sorry, I don't engage in shouting contest, you should
go go and engage with your ilk.

Never reply this post until you can read and understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.