Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer (60425 Views)

Any Man That Can Be Controlled By A Woman Is Still A Boy – Reno Omokri / Nigerian Man Is Searching For A Husband For His Mother (Photos) / When Your Wife Is Richer Than You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Rozaybb(f): 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
dats y a man should always be a sole provider to his family
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Amberon11: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
You didn't pick love over money, you simply took the advice of a spiritualist.

Besides, you don't love any of them. If you loved the first, why did you need the second? Be deceiving yourself.
Phonefanatic:
I'm in this delima. 2 girls I intend picking one to marry. The one I really love very much isn't rich but her loyalty can't be questioned even if she's rich tomorrow.

The other is rich and can boast of at least 40M personal cheese but I see signs of someone who's going to make references to all that.

I got so confused I had to approach a spiritual eye..... Gave the 2 names without explaining anything so he prayed and picked the One without cash saying she will make me a happy home and peace of mind while the rich one will bring me problem and divorce. Now I'm tripling my hustle. Loyal over money.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Tloc(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
teamsynergy:
patriarchy is what obtains in Africa.. meaning that a man is suppose to take care of his family needs. if the case is reversed the man is going to be under a lot of pressure from the society and the woman is gonna be very vulnerable cos the man might get cocky ...so for Africa, a man better make money and rule his family...

simple

Society has evolved my dear friend. We don't live in cages no more.

3 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by iluvpomo(m): 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
DeadPresident:
...Women are naturally dumb...
na so you de talk about your mama?? .... SMH
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by iluvpomo(m): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
Tloc:
you will be surprised...
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by iluvpomo(m): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
Rozaybb:
dats y a man should always be a sole provider to his family
and as a lady you have no shame saying that?? .... SMH
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
sukkot:
it is what it is mayne. if you have no money leave women alone. Why would you be chasing women if you dont have money ? makes absolutely no sense. just mastur-bate when you are under pressure. FACTS
You are big fool transcending from neurosis to psychosis, you mean to tell me I don't have the right to go for any woman I want because I don't have money well, I am a prospect and my self esteem is intact. All my niggas on the same train don't need the right from you we gave ourselves the right

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
olujaidi:

I'm curious...are you saying women don't have egos? Or that they do not let their egos get in the way as well?
There are women with egos. Those kind of women are the ones rubbing shoulders and dragging authority in the home with their husbands. They don't need to be rich before showing themselves, neither do they need to be feminists.

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by eph12(m): 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
ivolt:

I am not talking about violence in homes, I am talking about who runs the home
and decides on critical issues.
The partner who wears the trousers.

Even if you have no experience of an African home setting, I don't expect you
to hold such stereotypes of richer women because you cannot experience one
without the other.
Erm who is supposed to run the home? I believe it's supposed to be the man yes?

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by eph12(m): 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
Sterope:
Talking about your mama, aren't you?
Yeah! Anything else?
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by eph12(m): 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
Sterope:
How is it disrespect now?

I am glad he knows but he could have forgotten, that is why it is good to remind him and YOU.

Remind me that my mom was the breadwinner and couldn't handle it? Hehehehehe
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:
How do men handle being richer? tyranny?
Was it not on this same NL a thread was created asking people if they'll like to marry men like their fathers, and most people said no?
Citing how their father bossed everyone around because he is the sole provider? When a man is richer, he immediately crowns himself god, everyone falls into place. Isn't it this providing you men keep using to disturb someone's ear, why can't the woman feel important when she assumes same role?

When a woman is richer, you expect her to belittle her achievements to please the man, she'll buy a car and has to tell people it's the husband that bought it _ that's the only way to look humble.

As far as I am concerned, the problem of most Nigerian men is ego. Aside their manhood and money, they feel useless. They have been brought up to feel they must provide and earn more. The moment they are not living up to that, insecurity sets in. Even the wife's footstep will be likened to pride.

I don't blame women that go for richer men at all!!!!
Work on your fecking insecurities and stop looking for a woman to control with money.

just in case you missed this comment

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by teamsynergy: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
Tloc:

lol... evolved how..... how many African men can marry a lady older than them not to talk of having her run the home... you could build/buy ur family home in ur name. imagine your wife doing thesame and flaunting it. Africa is still very religion and kinda conservation... those r d major ingredients of patriarchy
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by sukkot: 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2017
Abang52:

You are big fool transcending from neurosis to psychosis, you mean to tell me I don't have the right to go for any woman I want because I don't have money well, I am a prospect and my self esteem is intact. All my niggas on the same train don't need the right from you we gave ourselves the right
cheesy cheesy

am sayin tho, when you are busy chasin women you are not chasing securities like money to get house and car. when you get house and car woman will flood you. no point being a broke a-ss playboy. that shytt aint cute

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Sh1g1d1: 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
No comment smiley
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by peterbello(m): 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
smardray:
The first sensible thread u created in the year 2017... Applause

Dude, first in June? You are such a savage. Damn!
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by krak101(m): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
foyeks2001:

Pray to God to give you your missing bone Bro because my father had this same mindset of yours....Its too late for him( he's in his late 70s now), but not you
When my father was father, then he was working with a German firm at that time HF Scrolder( don't know if I got that right), he had money then, always looked down on my mummy( a bread winner )( a poor Federal civil servant), he comes home at odd hours after giving order of 'serve them round', plus concubines etc.
When an opportunity came to own a flat for my mom( all these Jakande Estates), she informed my daddy abt it, and the money to be paid b4 securing a flat( the rest wld be deducted from her salary), my father( he bought a land in Lag but the Omo onile finally hijacked the land) bluntly said he cannot live under a woman's roof, she even told him that , we don't need to live there, if he can just help her out with that first payment, then my father said that a woman cannot own a house b4 him....my mom tried all she could, but she missed the opportunity.... years after, when Abdulsalami entered, he changed the whole thing, he increased civil servants salary.... my mom bought a land in Lagos and built a structure on it (then HF scrolder had folded up, dad managing with Eleganza and left for another meager pay till he finally retired himself)...
As God wld have it,My mom ( a retired civil servant) has been responsible for my dad's welfare(even b4 she retired in 2005)( her pension(over 50k) and monthly pay she receives from her daughters and sons- in-law) till tomorrow, even living under a woman's roof he declined years back....Its now I can confidently say that my mom is enjoying her marriage, God gave my father his wife
Only God knows how he distributes HIS things, you might be destined that your life partner wld be richer than you are, or wld be the one to lift you up....
I do tell my mom that if she were to be me, I wld have divorced such a man a very long time ago because I don't understand where u had one child, you noticed your spouse bad behavior towards you and d baby till u gave birth to 6kids for this man
Your mama is sensible. Be Like her at least. The very least. Present day feminists would have taken the easy way out and opted out but she persevered and now her perseverance don payed offf. Tiri gbosa for your peeps for keeping their shit together . Gbosa Gbosa Gbosa
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by HaneefahRN(f): 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:

You forgot "my house" and the plenty threats to throw her out and back to her father's house. They don't know that there are women also praying their husband doesn't get rich...hehe.

Abi o. Very annoying, send her back to her father's house, like she is a little kid.
They don't see that as being arrogant and egoistic, it's normal to them.
That is why those with esteem issues amidst them will always seek to draw their wives down, or make her dependent so they can step on her anyhow they want.

5 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by damseyl(f): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

But you will say "All men are the same shebi?"
I don't join them to say it smiley
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
he who pays the piper dictates the tune, be it male or female
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
ivolt:

grin grin
Please, stop imagining things in your head, imagination is not equal to reality.
Women are more Emotionally Intelligent than men, many researches have
confirmed this.

The number of women CEO is a question of patriarchy not women's fault.

How many women in authority have you interacted with to make the use
of the word "most" ?

The problem you guys have is that of superiority complex when working
with women, you can't imagine a common woman making decisions,
a woman that should be on her feet worshipping you.

Many guys suffer in their workplace courtesy of their boss's attitude but they
won't complain if the boss is a man but let their be a change in management and a woman is in
charge, that is when they will remember that their boss is evil and proud.
This is no surprising as their unconscious mind is interested solely in finding
evidence that the woman is incompetent and they tend to confirm their
bias.

Even in politics, when 10 men are arraigned for corruption, the usual
comment is that "politicians are generally bad", "we are all corrupt".
But should one woman be arraigned , the story immediately change
to "corrupt nature of women", " women shouldn't be in government.
The same commentators who couldn't condemn corruption when men
are involved suddenly find their voice by blaming the gender instead
of the person involved.

You only read to reply so ain't no need responding to you after this.

First, you deviated by going into your politics bla bla...

Second, I have worked in the corporate world and interacted with a whole lot of women in authority, so that for me counts as experience and a kind of pseudo research, remember that every research is also based in samples from a small group in the larger group.

Actually, most enlightened men would have no issue working under a woman, save for the fact that many of such women turn tyrants, are averse to diplomacy, all in the name of fighting perceived obnoxiousness, and completely tactless and clueless when it comes to delicate issues...

All my comments are from my personal experiences while working with women.

So what experiences do you have to support these claims of men being unable to take orders from women?

While you're on it, please reference any such research that says women are more emotionally intelligent than men cos it is common knowledge that women are able to sense things much more than men, which is just a tiny fraction of the while EI thing...

Read to digest and understand, cos you seem to feel too smart for anyone and also a closeted tribal bigot...

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by BiafraBushBoy(m): 4:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
damseyl:
I don't join them to say it smiley

I love that. That is nice from you!!
kiss
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by swegiedon(m): 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
sukkot:
cheesy cheesy

am sayin tho, when you are busy chasin women you are not chasing securities like money to get house and car. when you get house and car woman will flood you. no point being a broke a-ss playboy. that shytt aint cute
true man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by maestro299: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
Jiang:
Don't really care if shes richer dan dangote as long as she fufills all her wifely responsibilities & not nag in my ears for about how she bought d new plasma TV cause the one i bought was too local.

I will just pretend she is a smelly shyt
GBAM! You sir, are what people refer to as an alpha male.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by shady2care(m): 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
chronique:
Don't ever pray for your woman to be richer than you. It's gonna be pretty hard to have a proper relationship under that kind of situation. If you give a woman an inch, chances of her taking a mile, would occur at least, 80% of the time.

Nb: when I mean "don't pray for your woman to be richer than you", I don't mean you shouldn't pray for her to succeed. Just don't start nursing the idea of wanting to be married to a lady who is richer. If fate brings you guys together, fine. But if you have an option, don't go for one. Not all ladies can handle such a relationship. Most allow their finances to get into their head.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by dominique(f): 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cinderella5:
May thunder strike you mad.

Women are naturally dependant, it's just this feminism movement that's making some become financially indpendent. You can't compare them with men, a real man takes responsibility. Not fake gold diggers and lazy goats like you.

Are you not the one that did the thread about broke guys? *checks profile, affirmative*
I don't know what gives you the idea that a woman can't be independent and take on responsibilities on her own. You need to get over this mindset that you still need to depend on a man regardless what you earn.
I know a lot of women that are independent, it's the society and holy books that tells us that women has to depend on a man. Erase that mentality and set yourself to achieve greatness.

5 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by shady2care(m): 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
Men. That's some deep shit.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by 989900: 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
As long as I can adequately take care of her, the kids, and myself, IDGAF if she is richer than Alakija.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by maestro299: 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
Cinderella5:
May thunder strike you mad.

Women are naturally dependant, it's just this feminism movement that's making some become financially indpendent. You can't compare them with men, a real man takes responsibility. Not fake gold diggers and lazy goats like you.
Madam, easy with the obscenities na. You can pass your message across perfectly well without the need to resort to hurling vulgarities at others.
Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by ivolt: 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
eph12:

Erm who is supposed to run the home? I believe it's supposed to be the man yes?

So why were you feigning ignorance in the first place ?

The OP contend that men are okay providing for the family without
making noise about it, he fails to realise that men are not doing it freely,
such services are exchanged for authority.

There is a difference between a husband and a man, same way there
is a difference between a sperm donor and a father.

A husband is not just a man with pen.is, a husband must act like one
and perform husband's responsibility, if he fails to do that, he cannot
and should not expect to be treated like an overlord.

If you claim authority because you are the man, you should expect to lose
the same authority if you stop being the man.

You can't turn around to claim victim when you fail to perform your duties
or live up to expectations.

This is why I see any woman who marry below her class as naive because
she will never enjoy such marriage as any of her acts/reactions will be
interpreted in terms of wealth/arrogance instead of being judged
on their merits.

8 Likes

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by maestro299: 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
IHate9jerians:
I had a friend who lost his job a few years ago and his wife had become the sole provider in the home.He had been out of work for about 3months and i visited him inorder to say 'Hi". While i was there,a football match was being shown on the telly and we both sat down in the parlour gisting and watching the game.
All of a sudden,his wife stepped into the sitting room and switched off the tv from the socket.She then stared at us and said she pays the DSTV bills and we dont have the right to watch it since none of us paid for it.
Wetin concern me.I immediately got up and took my leave inviting my friend for a drink at a joint.He tried to apologise for his wife"s actions but it wasnt necessary because i knew what caused that her behaviour.
No finance,no romance in this hard-knock naija
That woman's a bitch! Nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer by sukkot: 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
swegiedon:

true man
Indeed my man swegiedon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years / What's The Most Painful Thing Someone Ever Said To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.