Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed (37504 Views)

The Moment Little Boy Caught His Dad Cheating On His Mum. See What Happened / Boy Gets Corrected By His Mum On Instagram, He Yanks Off Her Comments (Photos) / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by enigmaticlion: 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
did u read the part i said that im cool with guys that are close to their mums. My mans own is just so weird and creepy
You need help and re-orientation. You ladies think marrying a grown man will make him forget his Mom?
Most of you usually wish the mother of your fiance to be to have been dead before you met him. Now turn the tables around and imagine of you were that mother and your fiance is your son. Nigerians ladies are naturally I'll mannered and lazy domestically , hence they want absolute and total control.

3 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by ImaIma1(f): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

God bless you my sister. Immediately I saw the topic, I knew the guys of Nairaland would come hard on her.

I have brothers too and they don't exhibit these traits the poster mentioned.

Most of them are not ready to get married. When they do, they ask their mum about everything. If they decide on something with their wives, they change it after they discuss it with their mother.
They have still not left their father and MOTHER to cling to their wives.

4 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by iamrealdeji(m): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..
you are the bad person and I would advise him to dump your ass if I was his friend. don't you have any idea how much we men love our mum? if I had the chance and money to buy much recharge card,you think I won't call my mum like 3 times daily? can you do half of what his mum has done in his life for him? I'm talking about real mums o and not the type of mum that dumps their babies inside refuse bin after giving birth.
as for dying,don't worry my dear,he won't die if his mother dies,he's just feeling that way. just keep praying for his mother to live soooo long like metusellah
I really like how that boy is treating his mum and may he be more successful for treating his mom like a queen. good mums should be treated like queens. we men treat our good mums even better than ourselves.
I'm lucky to have a good mum and she's the best woman in the world

3 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by fohlarp: 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
All those asking whether he makes his own decisions? Well he consults his mum most times before his decision.. Though i dont confront him abt that.. My only concern is that his statement abt him dying along with his mum..
This d statemt dt's makg me feel 4 U.den tell him it will be 2 early 4 U to be a widower,if both of dem av signed dying 2geda shd U allow U mv on wth smone whose lifespan is longer.stupid talk

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by greggng: 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
I will advice u when ur biological clock is over

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by deebrain(m): 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2017
Be wise.

It has nothing to do with "being man enough ".

It is a pride to any woman that her son is crazy over her despite being married.

The recipe to crash your marriage is to be opposition party to the man -mother alliance.

Rather than doing opposition party, start doing something for the woman on your own.

Be her daughter.

With time, the man will have a bit of confidence that it's not only him that looks out for the mother and will calm down.

Your male children will never forget you if you do these.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
iamrealdeji:
you are the bad person and I would advise him to dump your ass if I was his friend. don't you have any idea how much we men love our mum? if I had the chance and money to buy much recharge card,you think I won't call my mum like 3 times daily? can you do half of what his mum has done in his life for him? I'm talking about real mums o and not the type of mum that dumps their babies inside refuse bin after giving birth.
as for dying,don't worry my dear,he won't die if his mother dies,he's just feeling that way. just keep praying for his mother to live soooo long like metusellah
I really like how that boy is treating his mum and may he be more successful for treating his mom like a queen. good mums should be treated like queens. we men treat our good mums even better than ourselves.
I'm lucky to have a good mum and she's the best woman in the world

You can't have the chance and money to call your mom 3 times a day with this mentality.

You should be thinking about how to move your life and hers forward not calling her to ask what she had for lunch, and what she's preparing for dinner.

Get a life, go out there and make some millions, come back and change your mom's life, not calling and doing like a jelly fish when around her!

5 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Arccangel(f): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
OP, all these guys would just give you biased opinions because they are mummy's boys too. A man that calls his mother every hour when it no like she's sick has a problem. Every hour!! Unless you are exaggerating o. But if you are being completely honest about dis, then just know dat that kind of man can never be his own man or make his own decisions. Im all for a man who cares and takes care of his mom and family o. Its a good trait. But not one dat dotes on his mom a if she's a child. That's a no no. And like someone rightly said, if you were that attached to your dad, it would have been a total turnoff for him. My best advice to you is ask your pastor spiritual head for proper advice and if you can't deal with your mother-in-law know in every single thing about your marriage, I mean every damn thing, den better run for your life because dont even think it would stop after you are married. So be wise and open your eyes ooo

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by iamrealdeji(m): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..
i wont tell your man to dump you anyway if I was his friend,just kidding. but you have to put yourself in her mother's shoes if you have a son too.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by greatbrian(m): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Frankraj:
Listen , no mother will every make a decision in the marriage of his son that can never be of an advantage to the son . I see this op as a bad wife to be . What's your problem with him been close to his mom. Do know how that poor woman suffered to pay the boy fees ? Have you ever contributed any thing financially to the life of that boy. Mothers are the one that can love there son unconventionally including when money is there and when money is not there mothers will still love there son. Is it not you girls that only love a Man when the going is Good and when things turn bad you will disrespect,insult and abandon him . Remember that what ever you wish that poor old woman will still happen to you during your old age . I will advice you to love her mother like your own mother . FULL STOP .

Seriously i bless dz script of urs from the bottom of my hrt.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Arccangel(f): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
greggng:
I will advice u when ur biological clock is over

Your stupidity is on an advanced level. PHD stupid. Yo think men biological clock no dey finish?? Mumu

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
This sounds very similar to someone I know...... Your Mother is one of a kind. Kudos to her. smiley

But I must stress this truth... the OP does not look like she is trying to compete with his mum. Don't get her wrong. It is natural to feel slighted that the man you will call "Your Husband" will say "I can die for and with my mother" and it happens that he cannot say same about you....

I mean... you are gonna be "Wife" for crying out loud... The mother of his kids... the center of His World and The man regards His Mum slightly above you??

No... Something is not right.

A mother who sacrifices like yours is one to behold and cherish forever but even she should know her place when it comes to Her son's marriage.

If you are a Christian then you should be familiar with this scripture:

Genesis.2vs24 (NKJV), "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to His Wife, and they shall become one flesh."

You see that regardless of a father's and Mother's inputs and many sacrifices, they must understand that The Child, once he is a man, must be freed up to become One With His Wife.... a new family begins....

That does not in anyway end the love one has for his mum. It also does not mean she doesn't occupy a special place in your heart or that of her daughter-in-law... nooo.

It only means that Right now, In Marriage, the No.1 in the man's life above all else except God is The Wife. This is the law of the universe... the is the standard of the right thing in our world which many have neglected because of Too much super attachment to Sentiments and Bias.

The Love for your family especially your mother will be as strong as ever but must not be above The Love and Value you show for your Wife.... The LINE MUST BE DRAWN AND BALANCED BOUNDARIES ESTABLISHED.

This is how a good marriage can become even better and be a model for all to follow.

So it is not about her competing with anyone or the mother... it is about the humans of this world competing with God's standards in Marriage.

Love for Dad stays super strong, Love for Mum stays ever super strong... a mother is a child's first super heroine. So the deeeeeeeep bond will be there Buuuuttttt.... A man child can never be ONE WITH HIS MUM NO MATTER THE BOND. That Oneness can only be with His Wife... and believe me... when you marry a virtuous woman as a Wife..... She will not compete with your mum.... she will only love your mum even more... But it is up to you, the man, to understand and enforce that Your Wife comes first.... why because... She is the only one in the entire Universe that is One with you.

Let there be balance in these things. Sentiments based on personal experiences cannot help. And Believe me, If I tell you my own story... you will understand that my view is not corrupt but as balanced as it can be. I Love My Mother so much... I can starve myself just to see her feed (and have done so many times) and have done crazily risky things... I am one of the reasons why she is still alive today. But I understand the law of marriage and what it entails. Your Wife comes first. Chikena.

Tiffbuxas:

Maybe you should hear my story.
I'm practically my mom's only child for now, she had me when she was 17, and practically brought me up herself Cuz my dad wasn't ready to do his duties until last year when he started calling me.
While I was in jss3 Dats when my mom took her GCE exam while I was in SS3 she was in 100l pastime, tins Wer really tough, we both graduated the same year, I went for service and she did her MBA, graduated and I went for my MSc, she basically calls me daily, and I always worried abt her. Due to my closeness with her people call me a mommy's boy, Cuz we basically talk abt everything from what I'm buying to relationships, but what people fail to see is that she wouldn't take any decision without consulting me. I won't be principled, determined, smart.. I won't be anything without her.. I owe hugely my success today to her.
So if my woman chooses to compete with her she'll lose, Buh if she appreciates her and understand that in as much as I love my mother I chose her as my bride.
She'll realize that my mother might even love her and appreciate more than I do.

Pls don't lose a good man Cuz he made some exaggerations, accept and appreciate your in-law for her input and she'll love you forever more

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Elukapendragon(m): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
I cant marry a Lady who loves her Dad more than me and i cant love my mum more than my wife[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by myahna(f): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
pocohantas:
Sweerychick, you're going to get only bias response. Few posters have been objective, the rest only gave the usual talk. If you're not exaggerating, then you have reasons to be concerned.
You have to understand kids brought up brought up by one parent are usually very attached to them, it has nothing to do with you having a son first. There are ladies that behave like that too.

What you should be concerned with is... is he fond of mom or is he a complete mom's boy, that type that can't take decisions on their own. If he is a complete mom's boy, then have it in mind that there'll always be interference in your home. If he is only fond of mom, you should remain glad...you wouldn't have it any other way.

Ignore blackmails, I am sure your own parents suffered for you too. You didn't wish her any wrong, you only raised your concerns which men can have too. All these guys typing rubbish here won't marry a lady who consults her mum in everything.
i'm with you

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
ImaIma1:

Most of them are not ready to get married. When they do, they ask their mum about everything. If they decide on something with their wives, they change it after they discuss it with their mother.
They have still not left their father and MOTHER to cling to their wives.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by troy20(m): 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
never grew up a momma's boy but i can imagine being married to someone with such unhealthy attachment. especially having grown up with a father who i think probably was one.frankly you have to be very worried.you arnt going to be a top periority that one is clear enough and thats going to come in the way of very key moments.well how much can you cope with...well its not a bed of roses they say.

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by fohlarp: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
IMASTEX:
If you love him. Then learn to appreciate who or what he likes. His mother is the reason you could see him fit enough to be called your man. She must have sacrificed all to raise him after the death of the father. Respect that fact.

Love and accept his mother and see how your guy would honour and love you in return.
even at dat,(tryn to show d mother ,love,care n respect)as a good wife 2 be shd av bn done but do u knw sm mothers are wicked.am a lady I undstd wot she's sayn d intimacy is 2 mch dey want her to knw dt d Mother is d reasn 4 his existence,so he calls her mst times so d lady can decide weda to stay or not.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
All those asking whether he makes his own decisions? Well he consults his mum most times before his decision.. Though i dont confront him abt that.. My only concern is that his statement abt him dying along with his mum..

You have two choice here woman.

You either live with it or dump his ass.

If I were you, I wouldn't think twice before I dump his ass.

I have an uncle like that. Can't make a decision without his mom's input. He and the mum are not worst enemies. My Uncle with an Msc from the UK came back to continue his mom's business. Turned down awesome job offers to continue the mom's dying business. 10 years down the line, he's so broke he lives on the wife's salary now.

Men that can't stand by themselves can't withstand the harsh competition for survival out there.

Your man is a baby and you have to join him to baby sit his mum or look for you self a man that is ready to conquer the world with you.

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Aleora(f): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
problem with ladies is that you dont read.......kindly buy this book act like a lady and think like a man...just finished reading it....i hope it helps....everything you need to know is there..

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by oodua1stson: 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:

that his relationship makes you uncomfortable mean you're a terrible human being and he's better off with another person

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
solelymade:

Dear, I love your comment so much. It shows how much we can grow in love if we last appreciate maturity.

In the Op's post, the two situations she cited are trivial issues. Any human being let alone a son should attend physically to a sick person/mother if time and space permits. Excessive calling, every hour is definitely an exaggeration and the following mama to d grave too is also. She hasn't said the man denies her of any of the twos or others.
Interestingly, she said the mother said the finance shld remain at work, that her illness isn't serious. That's a pointer to mutual interest relationship healthy for both mother and son as against a parasitic one. I doubt the mama's boy label seriously except...

Yeah. The mum seems nice and protective in a healthy way ( asking him to stay at work since it isn't serious).

Frankly, I look out for how a man treats the females in his life (mother, sisters, female friends), it tells a lot. One day you're gonna be the wife and 'mother' in his life and he'll treat you the way he treats them.

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by greggng: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
Arccangel:

Your stupidity is on an advanced level. PHD stupid. Yo think men biological clock no dey finish?? Mumu

Continue to insult me agadi ekwenka

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by MrigweC(m): 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
Am so attached to my mum and I don't care if anyone likes it or not , she has not for one day infulenced my relationship life , calling his mum midnight is way out of the league .I don't want to judge your boyfriend because I don't knw how his childhood was . my only advise is talk with him and give him time
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by weedfada(m): 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
bamisepeters:
lol. Sincerely you have said it all, if he is able to make decisions without her and if the mother is good to you, you are good to go, what i said up there will work so much in this case, spoil her for her child who is your man and you will see him love you so much and even want to leave her for you as you have shown you can take care of her for him.

OP follow this and you're good to go! Wisdom is profitable to direct...

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by james2018: 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
His afraid of loosing his mum many people are like that
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by iamrealdeji(m): 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2017
NairaSand:

You can't have the chance and money to call your mom 3 times a day with this mentality.

You should be thinking about how to move your life and hers forward not calling her to ask what she had for lunch, and what she's preparing for dinner.

Get a life, go out there and make some millions, come back and change your mom's life, not calling and doing like a jelly fish when around her!
that part is only an exaggeration to let op see it as nothing. I love my mum from earth to the moon and I don't call her trice a day eventhough I can afford it,not even everyday cos she is a busy and hardworking lady too,but she's my best friend . we both think alike and share very similar ideologies. she is so smart and thinks like a man.
just like you said,I work hard and dedicate more time on my work than phone calls cos I want the best for my mum,myself and my family. I rarely even call anybody cos I'm too busy for phone calls.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by royalty18: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2017
Medunah:
Being close to his mom is ok but my sister, if he cant make a single decision without consulting his mom first, run for your life because you won't av a single say in that marriage....... Everything will boil down to "mummy said this" and mummy said that" and you guys won't have any secrets whatsoever cos before you hear sef mummy has heard it.

Don't mind all those silly asses up there. If u become a mother one day, will you run your son's life? No! So don't let anyone blackmail you into you're selfish or that u will become a mother one day too.

Or is your own mother not a good mother too? Or did ur mum also not make sacrifices for you? Does that mean u call her every minute or can't make decisions on your own without consulting ur mum first? Abeg, I love my mum with everything​ in me, so many sacrifices she has made for us but that doesn't mean we should tie ourselves to her apron's string!
A man should have a mind of his own!!!!!!!!

I don't know why am ranting but those comments up there are effing annoying!

Thanks for this mature comment.
I don't understand why some people are lopsided about this issue. someone has rightly help us distinguish between closeness and mummy's boy! If it is simply closeness, of course that's ok and in fact the Lady should warm her way into the mother's heart. BUT if it is a situation where the man cannot wee or pee without the mummy's permission, then I am afraid it's a NO NO.

Note: I'm currently dealing with such a case. Both are married and the MIL beats the wife and all the husband can say is you must have offended mummy before she did that! Can you imagine?

OP, it is your life/future we are talking about here. Do not be coerced!
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by tayorh(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
All you need to do is have a very good relationship with his mum, trust me you will understand better and know what next to do..

Don't leave your Man because of his addiction to his mum.. I am the only son of my mum and nobody can come between us.. LaiLai.

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by frankgreat(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
GhettoG1:
Have a son first nd u gonna understand, i swear if a girl question about my mum in a slight rude way or she's asking too much then even if it's hour's to our wedding I'm calling it quit. Shikena
I have done mine already...she started askin plenty questions about my closeness with my mum one day I just called her and told her it's over sikena....no one comet in between me and her...

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
iamrealdeji:
that part is only an exaggeration to let op see it as nothing. I love my mum from earth to the moon and I don't call her trice a day eventhough I can afford it,not even everyday cos she is a busy and hardworking lady too,but she's my best friend . we both think alike and share very similar ideologies. she is so smart and thinks like a man.
just like you said,I work hard and dedicate more time on my work than phone calls cos I want the best for my mum,myself and my family. I rarely even call anybody cos I'm too busy for phone calls.

Now you're sounding intelligent grin

I love my mom too but I'd love my wife more.

My wife and children are my primary responsibility, my mom a rich woman on her own comes second.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
NairaSand:

Your mom is already educating you why she has to mean more to you than your wife. grin grin Already telling you life goes on if your wife dies. shocked

I pity the direction your life is headed. cheesy cheesy
The foolish don't understand the words of wisdom. I don't think you have mum or maybe you despise your mum

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nnamaka1: 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:

Women!!! Women!!! Women!!!

Why do you wan to enter his life and just change his life instead of adjusting to it? He has every right to drool over his Mum, His Mum will ever be his Mum, but you can abandon him tomorrow and attached to another Man.

So my advice to you is this, if you truly love him, accept and love him for who he truly his, accept his Mum because any guy that is dedicated to his mum is definitely bound to be dedicated to his Wife and family.

A word is enough for a wise!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Boy Falls From A Mango Tree And Dies In Imo (Photo) / When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? / Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.