Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed (37508 Views)

The Moment Little Boy Caught His Dad Cheating On His Mum. See What Happened / Boy Gets Corrected By His Mum On Instagram, He Yanks Off Her Comments (Photos) / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
If he is just close to his mom then, its okay. But if he is a mom's boy i.e if he consult his mother or wait for her approval before he does everything, my dear I have one word for you; RUN!
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by royalty18: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
A revered man of God often says your mother represents your past, your wife represents your future! While you don't ignore the past, you give the more needed attention to the future!!!

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by chiraqDemon(m): 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..
First of all, does he consult his mom b4 he makes even the smallest decisions??
Does she control his life??

Or is it just that the guy really looks after his mom and cares about her and always wants to make sure she is okay?

There's nothing wrong as far as she dies not control his life. If he makes his own decisions and only consults her on the very big ones then it's ok. Don't over react
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by PhantomD(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
My mum loves me to d core as her only son, but the fact is if i die, she no go kill herself. I love her so much too but everyone has his/her role to play. My mum has a God-given duty to love me unconditionally, the moment i get married my wife comes first and my mum understands that already. My dad had dis same mommys boy issues at d start and it almost cost me my mom, so she definitely understands her role in my life. Any mother that seeks control over her grown up son is just as selfish as the lady dat wants a husband wit severed ties to his mom. My point is everyone has a role to play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by iamrealdeji(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
Arccangel:

Your stupidity is on an advanced level. PHD stupid. Yo think men biological clock no dey finish?? Mumu
a man's biological clock finishes when he dies. my grandpa of blessed memory had wives and fathered children till he died. he even married a new wife shortly before he died

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by tunamenga(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..
if he's giving you your time and attention don't bother to question his actions towards his mum. Everything is a test of time just.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Ralphdan(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:

If you can't get on with him then you get out undecided
People like you are why I ask myself if I will get married someday.
Do you even know what he has gone through with his mum?
U just show up and date him For some months and feel you are all he should pay attention to.
I smh at you ladies.

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
obataokenwa:
The foolish don't understand the words of wisdom. I don't think you have mum or maybe you despise your mum

Your mom is half the mother my mom is!

My mom is not petty and emotional sensitive like yours that see the need to give you some brain draining lectures.

So gbo, Omo dada. Your mom should be your priority not your wife or children.

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
What the heck are you saying??

Sorry but your mum mixed up the terminology.

It should be if the woman "that born, cooks and warms bed for you" dies, you can remarry....

Look... That statement is null and void when you come to realise that you can never be One in body and soul with your Mother but ONLY WITH YOUR WIFE.

Women who gives birth to your kids and warm your beds and wash your clothes and also cooks can be replaced BUT A WIFE?? hahahahaa... SHE CANNOT BE REPLACED... IF ONLY YOU KNOW THE DEEP REVELATION BEHIND THE WORD "WIFE". She does the above things but even much more... it is sad how most men see women these days. They don't understand what marriage is.

A man who marries "A WIFE" and loses her will testify to you about how impossible it is to replace her. A wife is different from the everyday housewife... A Wife, and I mean the Virtuous Woman kind is the center of a man's World. There is a reason why It is written that whosoever finds "A Wife" finds a good thing indeed.

Bro, proverbs are not interpreted as it was said... The proverb means... don't allow your wife make you ignore your mother. It means love your wife and also know that your mum can't be replaced or loved by another if ignored. Wisdom is easy to get Abeg. Every proverb should be analysed properly and with the context it was used Pls.

There is this bird that always stay beside the road that leads to the stream. It said "the reason I stay beside the road that leads to the stream is cos as mothers are going to fetch water early morning with their children, they always give them advise and she learnt all she knew today from the advice mothers gave to their children on the road to the stream or market".

Think deep pls
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
Medunah:
Being close to his mom is ok but my sister, if he cant make a single decision without consulting his mom first, run for your life because you won't av a single say in that marriage....... Everything will boil down to "mummy said this" and mummy said that" and you guys won't have any secrets whatsoever cos before you hear sef mummy has heard it.

Don't mind all those silly asses up there. If u become a mother one day, will you run your son's life? No! So don't let anyone blackmail you into you're selfish or that u will become a mother one day too.

Or is your own mother not a good mother too? Or did ur mum also not make sacrifices for you? Does that mean u call her every minute or can't make decisions on your own without consulting ur mum first? Abeg, I love my mum with everything​ in me, so many sacrifices she has made for us but that doesn't mean we should tie ourselves to her apron's string!
A man should have a mind of his own!!!!!!!!

I don't know why am ranting but those comments up there are effing annoying!
u deserve a million dollar this opinion of urs. am a guy and u have said my mind 100% no need of saying the same thing. even the Bible said it that a man shall leave his father and mother and cling to his wife and there shall be one flesh

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by fohlarp: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
obataokenwa:
I didn't read either where you said the closeness to his mum affect you guys relationship. My mum once told me "If your wife die, you can remarry... but if your mum dies, she can never be replaced". Your own type of jealousy is a possessive one(gumbody).
can U c Boy

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Tobium1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
Worst that you can do is trying to change him. get used to it fam
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
fohlarp:
can U c Boy
So you need explanation? Read up cos I've explained better to those of you not apportuned to know proverbs.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
obataokenwa:
The foolish don't understand the words of wisdom. I don't think you have mum or maybe you despise your mum

Why do you have to decend so low to call me foolish?

Learn to argue constructively unless your mother taught you otherwise.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by mykel25(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:

My dear he's d best man for u to marry if he treat his mum that way he won't treat u less.... Only he knows aw much d woman had sacrificed for him to be who he his.... My mum is my life.... I pray she wont die young... Else I myt not be able to withstand d shock. ...d best u can do is to love his mum more, then u ll Everything to him.... U loving his mum is all u can do and u won't have a problem with him... He ll sure overlook all your shortcoming
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Omekans: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2017
Please let's be objective and act maturely.
The togetherness is too much... Haba every hour! Even midnight calls. Hmmmmm!!!
It is normal for her to show concern. These days some guys even have affair with their mum. I mean, the days are evil.
Whether you like it or not, he is either a mummy's boy or there is something hidden.
Girl if he doesn't give you the same attention, make the obvious decision.
The Bible says for a man will leave his father and mother and be cleaved to his own wife.
Let him man up or remain a mmeehh (goat) period

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Kenkeye: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2017
ibkgab001:
Op nothing must happen to your husband .... If he is sick you are in trouble ... If you can't cope with mother and son rappor kindly divorce gently and marry soneone who doesn't love nor care For his mom

They are not married yet. She is still ordinary girlfriend
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Proverbs bla bla bla.... I just told you how null and void that comment from your mum to you is.

You cannot compete with the BIBLE and the Law of things in the universe.

So it is you who should acquire wisdom and think deep. Thank You. smiley

In Marriage, Only one can be No.1 in a man's life and it is the Wife. Chikena. The Mother occupies her special place but can never and should never be No.1.

obataokenwa:
Bro, proverbs are not interpreted as it was said... The proverb means... don't allow your wife make you ignore your mother. It means love your wife and also know that your mum can't be replaced or loved by another if ignored. Wisdom is easy to get Abeg. Every proverb should be analysed properly and with the context it was used Pls.

There is this bird that always stay beside the road that leads to the stream. It said "the reason I stay beside the road that leads to the stream is cos as mothers are going to fetch water early morning with their children, they always give them advise and she learnt all she knew today from the advice mothers gave to their children on the road to the stream or market".

Think deep pls

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
PhantomD:
My mum loves me to d core as her only son, but the fact is if i die, she no go kill herself. I love her so much too but everyone has his/her role to play. My mum has a God-given duty to love me unconditionally, the moment i get married my wife comes first and my mum understands that already. My dad had dis same mommys boy issues at d start and it almost cost me my mom, so she definitely understands her role in my life. Any mother that seeks control over her grown up son is just as selfish as the lady dat wants a husband wit severed ties to his mom. My point is everyone has a role to play.
it would have been well understood if they're about getting married... but they're still dating and the thing is the guy hasn't introduced the lady to the mother sef... She's too faster to me ooo to conclude it will affect their union tomorrow
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Proverbs bla bla bla.... I just told you how null and void that comment from your mum to you is.

You cannot compete with the BIBLE and the Law of things in the universe.

So it is you who should acquire wisdom and think deep. Thank You. smiley

In Marriage, Only one can be No.1 in a man's life and it is the Wife. Chikena. The Mother occupies her special place but can never and should never be No.1.

[quote author=TheSuperNerd post=57602265]

I thought I helped you bro. Please, go back to that advise again... "If your wife dies, you can remarry... already it means that you loved your wife and her death will break you but you will still move on....

if your mother died, you can never replace her.... it means take care of your mum so she don't die untimely or at a young age....or in all you do, always take care of your mum at old age so she fulfil her days... Bro, if your mum die at old age, you won't feel much pain unlike when she died when you still need her to enjoy your wealth and see her children children.

Definitely the greater love will be for your children and your wife... but that shouldn't make you to ignore your wife.... please meet an elderly person to explain more if I'm wrong
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Adebayo4all: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Uyi168:
Dont understand,which one is birth price?
bridprice
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by IdeyFindWife: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Lifeislife:

Tis guy u never still see wife up till now make u change ur moniker?

Up till now, na shareholders and beneficiaries I get o, am awaiting proper 'board-member'; nor spoil my market. grin
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Tominiola: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
You have nothing to worry about. How he treats his mum is a reflection of how he is going to treat you. A mummy's boy maybe annoying, but wouldn't you rather have that than abusive boyfriend/husband?
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by olson(m): 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
thorpido:
Closeness is one thing,being a mummy's boy is another. You have to know the difference.
He can be close to his mum yet be his own man and make his own decisions.I don't think you should have a problem with that.If he's a mummy's boy however- can't make decisions without her input,allows her control him e t.c.,then you should run.

@op
hey sis check dis out, and don't listen to all those people typing rubbish. Let them go and marry a spouse that is obsess with their parent and let see how that work out.

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
NairaSand:

Why do you have to decend so low to call me foolish?

Learn to argue constructively unless your mother taught you otherwise.
Your first quote of me... you said cos of my mum advise, that you pity the direction my life is heading and that's already am insult to me or even my mum...

Naturally I hate abuse... Sorry though.

Proverb are always two ways bro
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Maximus85(m): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:

Run, run as fast as you can. Suffering is beckoning at you. Run. If you get married to him, you're a dead meat. His mothers jealousy is the beginning of trouble in your life.

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by fohlarp: 1:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
pennywys:
the fact that you brought this issue to social media shows that you have no chills in you at all

A son showing love and concern to his mom, and that become unfathomable tragedy to you
How would you like your son to treat you?
Mothers are very expensive, they are irreplaceable
cos U nt a lady wth such experience.its too weird to say he will afta her mother dies.though d guy doesnt wnt anoda death issue agn

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
You are not getting me Oga.... if indeed you marry the one woman that is actually your world.... Hmm..... you will find it almost impossible to move on.

There are Wives and There are HouseWives.... Big Difference.

So you do admit that The Love of a man should be more for the Wife than for his Mother...

And that He should value the wife above His Mum because they are One. Good.

Your last comment seals it. That is all I wanted to pass across.

You say if the wife dies, the man can move on... Lemme ask you, Haven't Men Lost their mothers and still moved on??
And yes I understand the fact that It pains to see a mum die young when you wish to have her live long and enjoy her the dividends and rewards of her sweat and sacrifices for her kids. It is natural. I pray that prayer each day for my parents. I wanna so reward them in bigger ways than I am already doing.

Buutttttt..... Stop making it look like Wives don't matter and can be changed like Wrappers....

There is a reason the Holy Book says what it says In Gen.2vs24 and also said again in Proverbs... "A man who finds a Wife finds a good thing (indeed)"

A Wife is a man's Anchor and Helpmeet... she is more than just a woman you will get over just because she gave you kids.

In Marriage... Wife First. Kids and Mother come way down the line sef. This is GOD talking or you wanna argue with The BIBLE?

Since you accept that A Wife is a man's no.1 in marriage then that seals it for me.

And The Man is one and can only be one with His Wife.. not his Mother. That means When one of them dies... A great part of Him dies too.... This is far more striking than when one loses His Mother. You are one with someone and that person dies and you think it is easy to just move on... Hmmm... unless ofcos, That marriage never had the chance to get to the deep stages of Full blown Marriage Bliss. Marriage is Spiritual Oga... far more intricate than you make it out to be. Understand that.

obataokenwa:

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Blue001(m): 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
Look!
Just leave the man. You won't enjoy your home if what you have said is solely true.
period!

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by feelgoods: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
ive seen women praying for their mother in law to die, and they forget that it's their husbands money that will be used for the burial, how can a woman be praying for her husband's mother to die.
when they haven't contributed anything to the husband, if I may ask you are you living with the mother

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt / When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? / What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.