Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed (37502 Views)

The Moment Little Boy Caught His Dad Cheating On His Mum. See What Happened / Boy Gets Corrected By His Mum On Instagram, He Yanks Off Her Comments (Photos) / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by feelgoods: 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2017
PhantomD:
My mum loves me to d core as her only son, but the fact is if i die, she no go kill herself. I love her so much too but everyone has his/her role to play. My mum has a God-given duty to love me unconditionally, the moment i get married my wife comes first and my mum understands that already. My dad had dis same mommys boy issues at d start and it almost cost me my mom, so she definitely understands her role in my life. Any mother that seeks control over her grown up son is just as selfish as the lady dat wants a husband wit severed ties to his mom. My point is everyone has a role to play.
your wife doesn't come first, it's your children that Comes first, when you get married you'll understand.

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Tiffbuxas: 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
This sounds very similar to someone I know...... Your Mother is one of a kind. Kudos to her. smiley

But I must stress this truth... the OP does not look like she is trying to compete with his mum. Don't get her wrong. It is natural to feel slighted that the man you will call "Your Husband" will say "I can die for and with my mother" and it happens that he cannot say same about you....

I mean... you are gonna be "Wife" for crying out loud... The mother of his kids... the center of His World and The man regards His Mum slightly above you??

No... Something is not right.

A mother who sacrifices like yours is one to behold and cherish forever but even she should know her place when it comes to Her son's marriage.

If you are a Christian then you should be familiar with this scripture:

Genesis.2vs24 (NKJV), "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to His Wife, and they shall become one flesh."

You see that regardless of a father's and Mother's inputs and many sacrifices, they must understand that The Child, once he is a man, must be freed up to become One With His Wife.... a new family begins....

That does not in anyway end the love one has for his mum. It also does not mean she doesn't occupy a special place in your heart or that of her daughter-in-law... nooo.

It only means that Right now, In Marriage, the No.1 in the man's life above all else except God is The Wife. This is the law of the universe... the is the standard of the right thing in our world which many have neglected because of Too much super attachment to Sentiments and Bias.

The Love for your family especially your mother will be as strong as ever but must not be above The Love and Value you show for your Wife.... The LINE MUST BE DRAWN AND BALANCED BOUNDARIES ESTABLISHED.

This is how a good marriage can become even better and be a model for all to follow.

So it is not about her competing with anyone or the mother... it is about the humans of this world competing with God's standards in Marriage.

Love for Dad stays super strong, Love for Mum stays ever super strong... a mother is a child's first super heroine. So the deeeeeeeep bond will be there Buuuuttttt.... A man child can never be ONE WITH HIS MUM NO MATTER THE BOND. That Oneness can only be with His Wife... and believe me... when you marry a virtuous woman as a Wife..... She will not compete with your mum.... she will only love your mum even more... But it is up to you, the man, to understand and enforce that Your Wife comes first.... why because... She is the only one in the entire Universe that is One with you.

Let there be balance in these things. Sentiments based on personal experiences cannot help. And Believe me, If I tell you my own story... you will understand that my view is not corrupt but as balanced as it can be. I Love My Mother so much... I can starve myself just to see her feed (and have done so many times) and have done crazily risky things... I am one of the reasons why she is still alive today. But I understand the law of marriage and what it entails. Your Wife comes first. Chikena.

I appreciate your point, I never meant the mom is above the wife, sorry if I gave that impression.
Her basic discomfort is the phrase d fiance used.. . I'm only trying to help her see why he might av said tins like dat... It's not necessarily that he'd die if she dies.
If we always stick to what we believe is right, there won't be a compromise, even the Bible u quoted has an alternative view of what u said Buh I won't go into that.
I maintain that she should talk to him about it, simply explain your concerns, see how he reacts then do your deduction Cuz marriage is a life long journey Nt just d few hrs wedding ceremony.
Another thing I notice with our ladies, they don't maintain any sort of relationship with their in-laws, believe me you are not just marrying the man you are marry or accepting his whole family also. Truth be told we all respond or react to situations differently, so who am I to say anything, I also flawed to a great degree grin
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by joenor(m): 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
My dear, I feel your pain, seen he has said if anything happen to his mom or if his mom die, he will die along side.... My advise if you don't wan to be a widow as early stage, quit... because from your statement he seem to be very serious. beside he has you now and should think of his new family he's about to raise... more of his mother love should be transfer to you, pls don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should not take care of his mom, but not much attention to her..... Haba
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by vanvino(m): 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..
i think you are in Relationship with a mummys Boy. How many of his Decision comes from mummy unkownly to u? If u cant put things under control now u wounldnt during marriage, cus mummys boy will always need mummy approval in everything. Try & get a book by Steve Harvey "Act Like a Lady, Think like a Man" it will gives u a good perspective on how to handdle it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Loving your wife is good and advised biblically and do the same with loving your mum... is even among the ten commandments. in a nutshell, what I'm saying generally is... Don't overdue any and ignore the other. From statistics, those that lost their mum at young age, don't always forget and most times cry. Ask Anyim Pious Anyim. He lost almost his whole family both mum and dad almost same week... Made him to retire and didn't contest election again. Make money and love your wife and then you see the importance of having your mum alive enjoying your wealth. The love you will give your mum is just care and material things and that alone makes her fulfilled. If you allow that lady, the guy will avoid her mum entirely just to face her. The guy never introduce her sef to the mum and she's already trying to break an edge
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by OAUTemitayo: 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
Probably exaggerated issue. Most girls actually don't want to meet their mother-in-laws alive. They just want to see the guy pointing her grave to them. With the rate of infidelity in Nigeria, it's my mummy before any girl!
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by granely(f): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
I don't see anything wrong in been close with his mum but too much of it is bad, trust me cox am experiencing that in my marriage, my hubby prefers his people than me and it's really making me to worry, even to the extend of discussing our small misunderstanding with her, making me the bad one in her sight, marriage 1+1:1 not 2, so think well bcox he ain't gonna change
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Oracle16(m): 2:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
My dear, your fiance is only trying to let you know how important his mother is to him.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by PhantomD(m): 2:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
feelgoods:

your wife doesn't come first, it's your children that Comes first, when you get married you'll understand.
i haven't put my kids in d picture yet, i'm talking btwn my mom and my wife. Wen d kids arrive den they'll come first.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by joenor(m): 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
you are right... your wife and family comes first... I can't abandon my family either, but can't put them first than my immediate family, I should care for my own first and then, my secondary family. why did the bible say n a man shall leave his parent and cleft unto his Wife,(sorry bout that error) did the bible added a family..? let face the fact here and leave the oil grin. God bless u dear
granely:
I don't see anything wrong in been close with his mum but too much of it is bad, trust me cox am experiencing that in my marriage, my hubby prefers his people than me and it's really making me to worry, even to the extend of discussing our small misunderstanding with her, making me the bad one in her sight, marriage 1+1:1 not 2, so think well bcox he ain't gonna change

4 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Arccangel(f): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
iamrealdeji:
a man's biological clock finishes when he dies. my grandpa of blessed memory had wives and fathered children till he died. he even married a new wife shortly before he died

Ok. Maybe you should be like your grandpa

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
Will you be happy if your son stay far from you?
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
Now we are finding a balance... in fact... now we are practically hitting the same notes.

If you read the last post I relied you with, you will see where I mentioned just how important and great it is to have Your parents (esp mom) alive to reap of the fruit of their labor. It is right there... probably you were typing your reply before I could add more points.

So yes... none must be ignored. Making your Wife No.1 doesnt mean you now non-challantly ignore or act cold towards your mother or father or siblings or even cousins... noooo.

That is where Balance comes in... And the man has a huge role to play in this because He just has to know how to navigate through all the attention he must dish out and how his priorities will roll.

There must be Balance.... And the Mum must give the man and his wife their "personal space" because it is not weddings that make a couple... it is the investments of Attention and time and Love and understanding built over time in marriage and in courtship before marriage that makes a couple tick and solid.

This is why the man must be the woman's no 1 and Lord. And why the Woman must be The Man's no.1 and Queen.

We won't forget our mothers but your wife is no 1 in your life... and believe me... once you establish that and show it.... and live it out, it won't bother her one bit the attention you will lavish on your mum. Men just have to get it right... the onus is on them. I am a man... so I know. wink

obataokenwa:
Loving your wife is good and advised biblically and do the same with loving your mum... is even among the ten commandments. in a nutshell, what I'm saying generally is... Don't overdue any and ignore the other. From statistics, those that lost their mum at young age, don't always forget and most times cry. Ask Anyim Pious Anyim. He lost almost his whole family both mum and dad almost same week... Made him to retire and didn't contest election again. Make money and love your wife and then you see the importance of having your mum alive enjoying your wealth. The love you will give your mum is just care and material things and that alone makes her fulfilled. If you allow that lady, the guy will avoid her mum entirely just to face her. The guy never introduce her sef to the mum and she's already trying to break an edge

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
GhettoG1:
Have a son first nd u gonna understand, i swear if a girl question about my mum in a slight rude way or she's asking too much then even if it's hour's to our wedding I'm calling it quit. Shikena

God bless you
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by oluwadeeboi(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
You should better Love his mum
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
You really dont need advise on this.

If you cannot deal, quit.

Leave room for better news biko

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Now we are finding a balance... in fact... now we are practically hitting the same notes.

If you read the last post I relied you with, you will see where I mentioned just how important and great it is to have Your parents (esp mom) alive to reap of the fruit of their labor. It is right there... probably you were typing your reply before I could add more points.

So yes... none must be ignored. Making your Wife No.1 doesnt mean you now non-challantly ignore or act cold towards your mother or father or siblings or even cousins... noooo.

That is where Balance comes in... And the man has a huge role to play in this because He just has to know how to navigate through all the attention he must dish out and how his priorities will roll.

There must be Balance.... And the Mum must give the man and his wife their "personal space" because it is not weddings that make a couple... it is the investments of Attention and time and Love and understanding built over time in marriage and in courtship before marriage that makes a couple tick and solid.

This is why the man must be the woman's no 1 and Lord. And why the Woman must be The Man's no.1 and King.

We won't forget our mothers but your wife is no 1 in your life... and believe me... once you establish that and show it.... and live it out, it won't bother her one bit the attention you will lavish on your mum. Men just have to get it right... the onus is on them. I am a man... so I know. wink

We are saying the same thing and I believe the proverb is well cleared now also. Thanks
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by toysleek(f): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
feelgoods:

Man, your spouse comes first..Btw,been married for almost six yrs wt 2 great kids.

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Lumig: 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
Alariwo2:

Are you minding those myopic souls called women in this age?

I can bet it that the same lady complaining will bring her mother only close to herself and her husband when she successfully gets rid of her mother - in - law.

That's how they are
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
Thank You Sir... You are most welcome. smiley

obataokenwa:
We are saying the same thing and I believe the proverb is well cleared now also. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by firebaby(f): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
My advise to you dear friend is to run for yourself and life ......this is what they call Inordinate affection soul tie.......please listen by the time you get married to this boymama.....the mum will wanna know when he wants to make love to you ..,.when you want to make babies.......omo......and so on and so forth its even good that you got to know early....settle down kwa??by the tym you get married she will be the one to be dictating for you please don't ask me how I know....... I know you are beautiful please don't think you won't get a better person better than he....ah!!! Mamas boy hmmmm undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by oloriIT(m): 2:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
My sister, I think you are lucky to have known the easiest way to get into the heart of your fiance. By loving his mum that is so dear to him, he will surely love you as much as well.

One of the things ladies have to learn within their first few weeks of marriage is what they can do to get into the heart of their hubby. But this tasks have been made easier for you.

This shouldn't be the reason to jettison the marriage if you are so convinced. Afterall, the old woman can't live more that the two of you will stay on earth and if you so much handle this situation well, he will pour the entire love on you after the mum is gone.

Hence, if you so much love the guy, love his mum and show same love and passion for wht else he so cherish. The result will surprise you. Twins quadruple times. Lol.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
Sir Phantom.... lemme kindly drum it into you now that even in the Presence of your kids... It is your Wife that comes first.

I mean... why is this so hard to understand?

You think Marriage is you and your kids?? Marriage is You and your Wife... Kids are the Icing on the cake of Marriage... But the Cake is the Marriage. That is the real deal.

Parenting affords you the chance to help influence and mold the next generation's adults, leaders and parents of society. So that is nothing more than a privilege.

Wait till you have kids and watch them all grow up and all get married leaving you all alone with your Wife... that is when it will dawn on you that Truly Marriage's Core is The Husband and the Wife.

Kids are the Blessings that follows. They will build their families too.
We are to Love them and care for them. They are a deep extensions of ourselves but won't be our exact replica... they will forge their own paths and be their own adults. We must just help shape them right.

Please... I just did you a favor. Take the lesson now... stay blessed. wink

PhantomD:
i haven't put my kids in d picture yet, i'm talking btwn my mom and my wife. Wen d kids arrive den they'll come first.

3 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Lumig: 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
I remembered when I was still young, my mum would always say the wrong thing about her MIL. Now my wife is always threatened with her presence and utter rubbish and look for any mistake she does but can't say it in her presence. MY CONCLUSION IS "WOMEN GENERALLY ARE THEIR OWN ENEMIES" From generation to generation they keep on lamenting about the MIL, later the daughter in law... On and on like that. They are such a difficult beings to comprehend. There second name is JEALOUSY

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
PapaNnamdi:
If u are not cool with it,

U ar indeed egocentric,

Nonsense,

No lady can take my mother's place, if u no like am, get the furk off,
Nonsense,
Naso Evans love Lady so tey she betray am,
Which person mama go do like dat to her son?

Annoying self centered ladies everywhere..

Mtchew

Only thing left na make u raise ur mama skirt

mama boy spotted
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by fwallex4truth: 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
GhettoG1:
Have a son first nd u gonna understand, i swear if a girl question about my mum in a slight rude way or she's asking too much then even if it's hour's to our wedding I'm calling it quit. Shikena

Ghetto: U are one million ‰correct !!!
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by ifihearam: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
This poster is exaggerating ...i can tell you this for free..how can a man call his mom every hour everyday? how did you know who he calls when at work? do you go to work with him? oga stop lying.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by rainylad(f): 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
....,@sweerychick PLEASE drop that creepy dude as fast as you can..,He is no good,for you or anyone..

..If you do not want to die young...Run away from him and his freaky relationship with his mum NOW!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by LordofNaija: 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
thanks swt, i appreciate your advice..

I could have asked you to end the relationship and come be with me, but you no fine, besides you still be small pikin
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by CANTICLES: 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
pocohantas:
Sweerychick, you're going to get only bias response. Few posters have been objective, the rest only gave the usual talk. If you're not exaggerating, then you have reasons to be concerned.
You have to understand kids brought up brought up by one parent are usually very attached to them, it has nothing to do with you having a son first. There are ladies that behave like that too.

What you should be concerned with is... is he fond of mom or is he a complete mom's boy, that type that can't take decisions on their own. If he is a complete mom's boy, then have it in mind that there'll always be interference in your home. If he is only fond of mom, you should remain glad...you wouldn't have it any other way.

Ignore blackmails, I am sure your own parents suffered for you too. You didn't wish her any wrong, you only raised your concerns which men can have too. All these guys typing rubbish here won't marry a lady who consults her mum in everything.

Can I give you an handshake for the bold part of your comment ?

The problem with NL is many hardly read the OP before commenting due to their fight for Front page , and even when they do most hardly comprehend . and when they comprehend most are hardly objective ... imagine a Man who would not accept the Bold, judging a woman who voice her opinion or fears on the exact same thing ?

Jesus has said it all, whatever you want others to do to you, You too do to them . if only this principle is been followed, Objective comments would not have been rare

3 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by CANTICLES: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
toysleek:
Man, your spouse comes first..Btw,been married for almost six yrs wt 2 great kids.
Dont mind him, How can you love your children if you dont have an even greater Love for the Woman that give birth to them ?

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by PhantomD(m): 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Phantom.... lemme kindly drum it into you now that even in the Presence of your kids... It is your Wife that comes first.

I mean... why is this so hard to understand?

You think Marriage is you and your kids?? Marriage is You and your Wife... Kids are the Icing on the cake of Marriage... But the Cake is the Marriage. That is the real deal.

Parenting affords you the chance to help influence and mold the next generation's adults, leaders and parents of society. So that is nothing more than a privilege.

Wait till you have kids and watch them all grow up and all get married leaving you all alone with your Wife... that is when it will dawn on you that Truly Marriage's Core is The Husband and the Wife.

Kids are the Blessings that follows. They will build their families too.
We are to Love them and care for them. They are a deep extensions of ourselves but won't be our exact replica... they will forge their own paths and be their own adults. We must just help shape them right.

Please... I just did you a favor. Take the lesson now... stay blessed. wink

As in ehn, u just dissected marriage. U explained it perfectly man, unlike all these biased guys and chicks on NL. Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Boy Falls From A Mango Tree And Dies In Imo (Photo) / When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? / Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.