Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos (7896 Views)

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / What Is Nipss/kuru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by DatNiggaAk(m): 9:43am On Jan 26, 2010
there is peace in Jos now.
lets stop all this bickering till the next crisis crops up.
or lets even play a game,

Where will the next ethno/religious crisis break out in Nigeria?
(a) Bauchi
(b) Borno
(c) Kano
(d) Katsina

When will the next ethno/religious crisis break out in Nigeria?
(a) March 2010
(b) May 2010
(c) July 2010
(d) In a few weeks time.

What will cause the next ethno/religious crisis in Nigeria?
(a) A local government election
(b) Christians burning a mosque
(c) Muslims burning a church
(d) A cartoon in an Alaskan newspaper or an article by Salman Rushdie

you have three lifelines.
Phone a friend.
Run for your life
Shut the f.u.ck up and educate your people on the benefits of living in peace with an infidel,
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by citizenY(m): 9:45am On Jan 26, 2010
@babylishus

I share your view entirely and have said so on many occasions. We are always inflaming
passions in careless verbiage when there is no need for it. People should remember that
cyberspace is not the forum for expression of chivalry when you cannot go into the real world
and make changes. All the cyberwarriors in these pages continue to bandy time worn themes
without giving suggestions on the way out. If indeed they have a solution, we have not seen
them. We only see them every hour like addicts having withdrawal syndromes.

Anyway, unless we properly address leadership issues in our country, we shall conrinue to have
these problems. Regardless of indigene or setller differences, those in authority must rise
above partisanship and the first step should be the sanctity of the ballot box and other electoral matters.

Immediately following this, leadership must be fair to all  and ensure that people get value for their
money, not this corrupt and inept dispensation that has defied all of us and we are unable to kick
them out. Instead of democracy dividends, what we have is dividends of defiance and the loot
goes into their pockets on platforms where money is the issue and not tribe or religion.

It is irrational for the elite today to deny social services to our people, the downtrodden when they(elite)
have just risen from that cesspit themselves. Could they have forgotten so suddenly? And to make matters worse,
they exploit the underdeveloped and malleable  nature( due to persistent deprivation in many aspects of life) of our people
by exploiting divisive tendencies. Of course, they went into office on the platform of these divisive tendencies.

As to where , how when, who and why's you were asking, you will never get an answer because when people come out
to give answers, they will scuttle the enquiry and we shall have a respite till the next fracas and that is just not good
or honest enough. These guys do not really worry about occasional casualties in their fold, it is all in the line of business as
they murder , assassinate  or unsettle one each other in the course of normal business.
That is why I agree with you that there is no religion upstairs where things matter. But in our real  world, down here, some
misguided persons ensure that the fire keeps burning by inflaming passions, and exhibiting their insecurity at the same time.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by ochukoccna: 9:54am On Jan 26, 2010
DatNiggaAk:

there is peace in Jos now.
lets stop all this bickering till the next crisis crops up.
or lets even play a game,

Where will the next ethno/religious crisis break out in Nigeria?
(a)  Bauchi
(b)  Borno
(c)  Kano
(d)  Katsina

Phone a friend.
Run for your life
Shut the f.u.ck up and educate your people on the benefits of living in peace with an infidel,

MY ANSWERS are as follows
[No1] All of the above

When will the next ethno/religious crisis break out in Nigeria?
(a) March 2010
(b) May 2010
(c) July 2010
(d) In a few weeks time.

Answer- @ the drop of a hat

Answer- Definitely C or D.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Amjustme: 10:14am On Jan 26, 2010
Aljazeera, BBC n 4 d newspapers Daily Trust. These are no go areas for any balanced news report<my opinion>

If this link was that of This Day or Guardian il believe its authenticity else? my foot. Plenty biase.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2010
@babylistus firstly no Anambra politician will sponsor religious violence, political coercion may be, but not religious violence. No rev from Akure, taraba or bayelsa will mobilise his followers to go and kill and destroy people of a different faith cos they don't want eastern or western education.
While corruption is rife amongst the political class in every region, no where is that failure more apparent than with hausa people. Gov. Oni of Ekiti recently alluded to his state being 2nd in rate of pry. Sch enrollment in Nigeria, behind Kogi state, does Kogi state not have corrupt leaders too ? This is a state with low federal allocation. Even here in kaduna where hausa man has been ruling for ever, do the hausa even come close to the people of southern Kaduna in terms of education ? How come all the beggars on our roads are hausa people Inspite of them holding virtually all key political positions from time past. I don't want to even go into health and other sectors.
They then ignore all these facts and say the berom man is marginalising them that's why they're the way they are in plateau state, what a joke !
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by MeAboki(m): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2010
muhsin:

Don't be that unfair to them, please. Its not only Al-Jazeera that reported other then what you claimed instigated the conflict. And hwoever read, listen news know this fact.

I sincerely doubt if the haters would want to know, they'll continue to be in denial untill they find some thing negative to fuel their hate. Obviously to them, christians are incapable of provoking or initiating violence.
In this case, the haters are too blind with hate to even notice that the story was covered by a white man, ANDREW SIMMONS- presumably a christian; and that the causes identified by Humans Rights Watch were based on the findings of their Washinton based researcher, ERIC GUTTSCHUSS, presumably also christian. Yet our southern hating brothers would still want to believe that the story was biased simply because it came from Ajazeera news, as if to say the killings were stage managed by the news crew only to show christians in a bad light.

@babylishus , at last some reasoning and objectivity.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by WilyWily5: 10:50am On Jan 26, 2010
Nonsense from a Moslem Terrorist
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by DatNiggaAk(m): 11:09am On Jan 26, 2010
a question for me aboki, yusufi and co,
you all know that yoruba's unlike the ibo's and our south south brothers have a large indigenous muslim population.
Adegbite or something like that is the head of one muslim brotherhood in Nigeria and he is a yoruba man.
has there been a reported case of religous or ethnic disturbance in Ogun,Osun,Ondo,Oyo,Ekiti or Kwara states?
Igala land is also mixed. Christians, muslims and animist/pagans. have you heard of such disturbances in Igala land?

even in the south south and south east which has a predominantly Christian population with pagans,apart from cases of reprisal attacks after crisis in kano,kaduna,jos. has it ever happened that they just started killing northerners or muslims?

now ask yourselves, why such cases of religious/ethnic crisis always sprouts up in the north?
can any of you give a reason or an explanation for this phenomenon?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by revolt(m): 11:24am On Jan 26, 2010
Matter of fact things have changed people are waiting for the slightest excuse to slaughter there cows. Go to the east you'd be amazed at how they've prepared themselves for the inevitable because there dudes will soon spread the mayhem to other northern states. Watch
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by WilyWily5: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2010
Nigeria Most Dangerous Moslem Terrorist
Terrorist Real4life,
Terrorist Yusufi Mohamed,
Terrorist Me-Aboki,
Woman Terrorist ijali,
Terrorist Trenchcoat
Terrorist Citizen Y
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Yusufi(m): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2010
@ edoyad
These murders though unfortunate were carried out on tuesday night by aggrieved christians who lost loved ones to the attacks launched on them on sunday morning. The OIC and It's cheap instruments did not bother to go and show the churches initially burnt and University of jos students killed that brought about the violence in the first place.
If an attack is launched in kano on christians this morning while in church and ibos are killed i can assure you the amount of hausa deaths in aba will be triple this one mekuxs.

@darqly
One poster above remarked that this is proof that northern muslims are not the instigators? Lol. Its just that the news agencies have stumbled upon this scoop and decided to make it their headlines. Tragedy started when a church was set ablaze with worshippers INSIDE last sunday and whodunnit? Muslim youths that were PROTESTING. This is the result of an ill-advised,evil and planned protest. How come no one mentions the poor souls hacked to death for going to morning mass? The day christians decide to wake up on a sunday and kebab muslims is the day pigs will fly- just won't happen. Cheap propaganda.

@DatNiggaAK
me aboki,
that incident wasn't what sparked it off because the alhaji later back with soldiers.
it started on sunday when some hausa youths were playing ball near a church.
the church ushers came out and told them to stop that they could continue after the church service.
the hausa/muslim youths left only to regroup with arms and attack the christains who had closed and were leaving the church.
it all started from there.
al jazeera is an islamic news channels and is always pro islam
when the fight started, they said nothing about it.
when they had access to the killing in kuru, they over played it making it sound as if the christains were the aggressors.

@Debeginnin
Northern Muslims are terrorist.They attacked christians worshipping in the Church first and christians retaliated simple.

There is no point resorting to story-telling in order to desperately pass on the bulk of blame. Moreover, what you all claim to have allegedly sparked of the crisis still remains an unverifiable statement because even the state's police commissioner who tendered the official statement has been unable to substantiate same which has resulted to his being relieved of the state command due to the embarrassment he has caused the Nigerian Police Force and the nation at large. It was a premature statement issued even prior to the commencement of investigations in the wake of the initial breakdown of law and order. Details of the alleged church that was attacked and the events that ensued thereafter are yet to emerge from any confirmed media report. It is on these bases that the CP's statements have been considered to be pre-meditated. Perhaps maybe some of us need a witch doctor to confirm that the CP's statements were pre-meditated even after considering the speed at which it was aired and the absence of confirmed media reports to buttress same. If any individual is certain of his source of info, he or she should kindly refer the house to a confirmed media report on their own taking on the alleged cause of the crisis. Anything short of which will be a calculated attempt to mis-inform the house for some selfish reasons with the intention of deceive, mislead and play on the intelligence of all. I still have difficulties in understanding why some persons cannot look beyond religious lines to be able to analyse situations from a common sense point of view. The massacre in Kuru Jantar has got nothing to do with religious fanatism or extremism. It is towed on the part on indigene-settler dichotomy. In order words, it is a matter localised within the jos metropolis and the immediate environs.

For confirmed media reports of the genesis of the recent un-rest, kindly refer to any of the under-stated links.

allafrica.com/stories/201001190555.html

http://saharareporters.com/news/4883-jos-crisis-escalates-qbeyond-official-controlq.html

For confirmed media reports on the underlyeing motives and why it would continue to persist:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/life_style/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=230110&ptitle=Why%20The%20Jos%20Crisis%20Persists

@1Emmy
These useless blood thirsty northerners dont reason at all. why do you like rioting and killing of innocent people. what kind of religion are you practicing, you take killing as a holy thing. you will never escape d wrath of God. why dont you realise we have thousands of muslems in east, how many hav ever been mosleted not to talk of cold blood murdering. you kill students, corpers, pregnant women, innocent & harmless christians and no authority penalises you. I pray that day of christians liberation should approach faster, so dat u may start kiling yourselves. lack of parental care and education is dangerous. why is it dat fools are thinkless just like cows?

There is absolutely no reason for you to attack the generality of northerners and their religion. As with every group, there are always disgruntled elements that perpetuate violence at the slightest opportunity in order to exhibit their animalistic tendencies. A typical example is that robbers and looters exist in every group of persons from all sides of the country be it north, south, west or east. Also bear in mind that recent un-rest in jos are primarily of political and economic dimensions but the perpetuators would always hide under the cover of religion to gain undeserved sympathy and solidarity from the Christendom in order to conceal their true intent.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by ochukoccna: 11:39am On Jan 26, 2010
Wily+Wily:

Nigeria Most Dangerous Moslem Terrorist
Terrorist Real4life,
Terrorist Yusufi Mohamed,
Terrorist Me-Aboki,
Woman Terrorist ijali,
Terrorist Trenchcoat
Terrorist Citizen Y

Hmmn! WilyWily! wink wink wink wink wink
[size=38pt]ROFLMAO![/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
iS tHIS tHE sAME wILYwILY oR iS tHIS aNOTHER mASQURADING aS hIM?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by citizenY(m): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2010
Its wily wily in camouflage. He just came back from duty, with a new name but the same madness.
He skipped his medication. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by ochukoccna: 11:51am On Jan 26, 2010
citizenY:

Its wily wily in camouflage. He just came back from duty, with a new name but the same madness.
He skipped his medication. cool cool cool cool cool
His madness ,though needs curbing,makes me laugh and laugh. grin grin grin
After all if you go Ali Baba show, you know how much you go pay.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by babylishus: 11:55am On Jan 26, 2010
Yes, indeed I do agree that most of the attacks take place in the North. That’s the unpleasant truth but the truth nonetheless. Take it or leave it. All the name calling in the world won’t change that fact- Bauchi, Kaduna, Borno, Kano, Sokoto and in the last decade, Plateau (which is not core North as such…but then that’s the crux of the argument, isn’t it?)  When churches were burned in Borno and pastors slaughtered during the Boko Haram crisis why no panel of inquiry? Has there been any compensation? As far as I know there were no reprisal attacks in the South…so what does that say?

The point I’m trying to make is this. There are perpetrators higher up- the suppliers of arms and the instigators who then take this massive gullible army of theirs to wreak havoc to further their own ends. THESE are the people we need to take care of! After all, if you take the head off the snake…the snake is gonna slow the heck down!!! So we need to get to the HEADS!

The truth is this: there are people who simply find it hard to live with their neighbours without making some sort of ‘mark’ or ‘claim’ or bring up some sort of quarrel. I have been referred to as ‘kafura’ and ‘arne’ several times without provocation, simply because I do not share a particular religion or belief. Hey…whatever rocks your boat. If calling me names makes you sleep better at night then hooray for you.Let’s not kid ourselves- Marx wasn’t entirely wrong when he said religion is the opium of the masses.

Truth is…whether we like it or not- levels dey as far as people and mental capacity are concerned. There is a particular type of person involved in such uprisings- usually teen to mid twenties, semi-illiterate, jobless, high on some sort of substance and EXTREMELY gullible without the analytical thinking necessary to make rational decisions. These are the dangerous types. And these types are not the ones you can have useful discourse with or talk to- all they understand is the sword. I can’t even argue with that type.

The other type is the type who speaks without proper thought, without being objective, and very quick to spew insults when they have run out of original ideas. I don’t bother with those either. I may try to be reasonable but when I see that it’s a losing battle I withdraw. Why waste valuable time arguing to no end?
Nigeria cannot move forward until and unless people have a common goal to make the NATION great- and not just further a religion or particular ethnic group. It can’t work. There are Hausa and Fulani Christians being oppressed up North (oh yeah, we’ve got A LOT of them…far more than you would think, I know a couple and I've heard what they go through with people of THEIR OWN tribe!) so that is where I would agree wit yusufi when he (or she) says we cannot generalize all northerners under one umbrella. Unless certain people learn to live with others, there can be no future as far as unity is concerned.

And let us not forget that for all the trouble we seem to be brewing up north, we are riding on the back of the economic power and oil money of the southern part of Nigeria- that’s right!
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by babylishus: 11:58am On Jan 26, 2010
Oh Yusufi, sorry, just saw the M under your name so you're a guy! My bad, sorry Dude, cos I wasn't sure before I posted grin.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by citizenY(m): 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
I agree entirely. But will the goons step out to be corrected?
Will they let others be? NO
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Mublock90: 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2010
It's a shame that Nigerians can sit and plan massive killings. It does'nt matter who reports it fellow NL's but something close to genocide has happened yet nobody "wants" to believe its happened? Please respect the dead. Anyone is capable of violence ,it just takes a little incentive.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by DatNiggaAk(m): 12:29pm On Jan 26, 2010
YUSUFI,
i asked you, me aboki, trenchcoat a question.
you didn't reply.
babylicious is obviously not one of those i asked.
the solution to a problem most of the time is found after discovering the cause.

DatNiggaAk:

you all know that yoruba's unlike the ibo's and our south south brothers have a large indigenous muslim population.
Adegbite or something like that is the head of one muslim brotherhood in Nigeria and he is a yoruba man.
has there been a reported case of religous or ethnic disturbance in Ogun,Osun,Ondo,Oyo,Ekiti or Kwara states?
Igala land is also mixed. Christians, muslims and animist/pagans. have you heard of such disturbances in Igala land?

even in the south south and south east which has a predominantly Christian population with pagans,apart from cases of reprisal attacks after crisis in kano,kaduna,jos. has it ever happened that they just started killing northerners or muslims?

now ask yourselves, why such cases of religious/ethnic crisis always sprouts up in the north?

Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2010
its a pity that nigerians are only brave enough to fight each other instead of uniting together to present a formidable front in order to make life better for themselves by fighting the govt. against each other, they are capable of fighting, but against the govt, they rely on God. what a sorry state.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by DatNiggaAk(m): 1:15pm On Jan 26, 2010
al-qaeda:

its a pity that nigerians are only brave enough to fight each other instead of uniting together to present a formidable front in order to make life better for themselves by fighting the govt. against each other, they are capable of fighting, but against the govt, they rely on God. what a sorry state.

[b]with a name and location like that, i actually expected a blood crazed sermon from you
interestingly, you make a lot of sense.
the problem though is that, for every well planned revolt/revolution
a figurehead or figureheads are needed to spearhead the movement.
we don't have such because the elite/ruling class a specialist in divide and rule.
they cause divisions amongst the foot soldiers (the muslims,christians, biroms, hausa's, yorubas, ibos etc) so it is impossible to present a united front because of the mistrust sown in our hearts by the various conflicts sponsored by our leaders. right now, i am scared of eating suya from mallams because of text messsages i recieved over the weekend and I've lived in the north for most of my 30+ years. i was actually born in Jos.
but what we should note is that amongst the yoruba's, ibo's and other minorities in the south, we also have our leaders among this same ruling elite that is intent on looting the country and causing divisions among it's people.
why are they unable to influence us to take up arms against our people from the north?
why are the northerners so gullible that they can be remote controlled to wreak death and destruction on their neighbors at the slightest provocation?
[/b]
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by IbrahimB: 2:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
@DatNiggaAk

1. Different Tribes
The setting in Jos is very different from that of Ogun, Osun and the rest of the South Western State. The South are all Yorubas, with both Muslims and Christians. In Jos we have the Hausa/ Fulani on one side and Birom (etc) on the other side.

2. Integration
The South, due to their common ancestry, are more integrated. There are intermarriages between Muslims and Christians. Marriage is a strong reason for that integration. As stated previously, Muslims and Christians in Jos live side by side, like water and palm oil.

3. Settler/ Indigene Issue
This is a very serious issue in Jos, which is not present in the South West.  Hausa/ Fulanis in Jos are now viewed as "aliens". It's unfortunate that a former governor, helped flame up this settler/ indigene issue.

4. The conflict in Jos, reminds me of the Ijaws/ Itsekiris conflicts

5. Because of the sharp religious divide between the Hausa and Birom, any conflict, will inevitably be termed as "religious".

6. Jos was never like this many years ago. In fact it was known as the Home of Peace and Tourism, with its beautiful weather and natural endowments, it was the Nigerian city of choice for tourists. Muslims and Christians lived in peace side by side and tolerated one another very well.

7. The conflicts in Jos, seemed to have coincided with the end of military rule and the introduction of civilian rule. People were now able to chose their leaders by themselves. Unfortunately, the Nigerian electoral culture being what it is (fraudulent) only causes sharper divisions and suspicions between people. If I remember correctly, the last crisis in Jos was caused by a disputed Local Government Election?

8. The crisis in Jos is indeed painful. I believe our politicians have failed us. I am almost tempted to believe that the only lasting solution for the Jos crisis is mass resettlement/ state creation. The people don't trust one another any more.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by babylishus: 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2010
Ibrahim B, I think you may be on to something. The whole splitting the country thing may be quite an idea.

The thing is, would Kano, Katsina, Borno and etc agree to be cut off from the rest of the country, effectively cutting of the hand that feeds them? You think they're gonna let go that easy? Let go of Plateau state? Are you kidding?

I can assure you that while the rest of the country may agree to such a split, imight not be in their interest to do so.
Why? Where does the oil come from? Where is the food grown? Where is the economic power? Imagine all 'non-indigenes' moving away from all the northern States and moving down soth and vice versa? What about States like Taraba and Adamawa and Kaduna? Are they gonn agree to join the north?

What do you think?
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by deor03(m): 2:44pm On Jan 26, 2010
DatNiggaAk:

Phone a friend.
Run for your life

Add option (e) Life sentence judgment for Muttalab in US court
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by IbrahimB: 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
@babylishus

I didn't talk of splitting the country. I meant dividing Plateau state into two states or permanent resettlement, whichever is more practical or agreeable to the people of the state. We need a lasting solution.

About the North not agreeing to be cut off from the hand that feeds them, are you unaware of the fact that the North played a huge economic role in the creation of Nigeria? Will you argue with that fact? Why did the British go about building railway networks? Was it to transport fuel?

It's only because the Government has abandoned agriculture in favour of oil, that the North is been looked down upon as an economic dwarf. Have you forgotten the Groundnut Pyramids in Kano?

Our Petroleum resources is projected to last us only a further 30 or so years. The earlier we realise the economic potential in agriculture the better for us.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 3:01pm On Jan 26, 2010
babylishus:

Ibrahim B, I think you may be on to something. The whole splitting the country thing may be quite an idea.

The thing is, would Kano, Katsina, Borno and etc agree to be cut off from the rest of the country, effectively cutting of the hand that feeds them? You think they're gonna let go that easy? Let go of Plateau state? Are you kidding?

I can assure you that while the rest of the country may agree to such a split, imight not be in their interest to do so.
Why? Where does the oil come from? Where is the food grown? Where is the economic power? Imagine all 'non-indigenes' moving away from all the northern States and moving down soth and vice versa? What about States like Taraba and Adamawa and Kaduna? Are they gonn agree to join the north?

What do you think?

I'm sorry to say you're yarning dust miss/missus citizen. As we speak kaduna state is already a divided entity where even if Nigeria were to remain one(most unlikely) a different state would have to created. Is there any law that says a country must divided along state lines ? If that were the case Donald Duke would be a Cameroonian today.
Bakassi was part of Cross River ceded to Cameroun just like how how Southern kaduna, Southern Adamawa and other middle belt regions that will be saying goodbye to the hausa malaise to form their own nation.
The middle belt is a collection of people identifiable by their distinct cultures who can exist on their own, without  niger-delta Oil. We all know the group in this country that remains a parasitic plague on the backs of others.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Yusufi(m): 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2010
@ DatNiggaAK

In as much as you have derailed from the subject matter at hand as this is not a religious thread, I would attempt to proffer some explanations which could provide the house with an insight for the questions you have raised

Majority of northerners are predominantly muslims just as their southern counterparts are predominantly christains which hypothetically leaves us with some kind of balance across the country in terms of population. That haven been said, our respective religious beliefs are bound to create differences between us as humans in as much as we are compelled to relate in all spheres of life that sometime necessitates us to live amidst one another. It is not in forgetting our differences that would ensure peaceful co-existence among us but rather, it is our understanding of each other’s differences that would enhance same and consequently lead to mutual respect and cohesion. Here is the tricky one.
The bulk of the problem lies in where one finds him or herself completely ignorant of his or her host community’s different religious beliefs and values such that he or she sub-consciously behaves in ways that are in-sensitive to the peoples religious values. The underlying factor that is readily responsible for most of the uprisings in the north falls down to ignorance of the Islamic religion on the part of a large number of non-muslims who find themselves living amidst muslims coupled with of course, the abject state of idleness among the youthful generation of the north just as same exists in the south. As unfortunate it might sound, the informed christain does not possess an in-depth knowledge of the religion of Islam in the same manner with which the informed muslims possesses knowledge of the core tenets of Christianity. Christianity which is defined as a monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus (PBUH) is so flexible that it tends to accommodate various ways of life so long as the dictionary definition of civil is not compromised. Islam on the other hands is defined to be total submission to the will of God (SWT) and a complete way of life in the sense that your thoughts and actions should ideally not be in contradiction with its dictates under any circumstance as all matters emanating from one’s total actions right from birth to death have been decreed in its holy books and as such leave no room for wishful thinking or intuition. An ideal muslim could though be identified on the basis of ethnicity by virtue of origin, is not expected to uphold the teachings of any cultural value to the detriment of the ultimate core doctrine of the Islamic jurisprudence. Let me further explain using a very simple analogy.
A joke is defined as a short story or ironic depiction of a situation communicated with the intent of being humorous. To a Christian, a simple Joke in which a ridiculous mention of Christ (PBUH) is referred to within the context of the humor in order to capture the attention of the audience and give it some kind of relevance does not necessarily translate into derogatory statements or blasphemy because it is just a joke as it is not considered to be a deliberate attack on the person of Christ even when such joke emanates from a non-Christian. To the muslim on the other hand, the mention of any of the Holy prophets, especially Muhammad (PBUH) in a caricatured manner for the sole purpose of humour and amusement is considered as a direct assault on the religion and the generality of muslims globally to be met with stiff resistance and condemnation. Infact, it is considered more inciting than a physical assault on the person of any individual muslim. Such are the core tenets of the religion of Islam. It gives no room for speculation in matters of divinity. For as long as the christain living within a muslim community does not understand this analogy, there is no way he or she can relate or behave in such a manner that would not contradict or infringe on the core beliefs of the muslim community in which he or she is resident owing to fact as far as he or she is concerned, he has not said or done anything to hurt the feelings of the host community that should warrant a protest.

, to be continued
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by edoyad(m): 4:00pm On Jan 26, 2010
Mr Yusufi, you make me grin grin.

What is north ? Suirely zou must have received enough education to help you understand the geopolitical zones in Nigeria ?
So Obasanjo and GoodLuck are from the South then ? Hausa go get education please eh.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by Yusufi(m): 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2010
@edoyad

Mr Yusufi, you make me .

What is north ? Suirely zou must have received enough education to help you understand the geopolitical zones in Nigeria ?
So Obasanjo and GoodLuck are from the South then ? Hausa go get education please eh.

shocked
Would I not seem extremely ignorant & stupid to incinuate that northerners are predominantly christains? May be you could educate us a little by taking us back in history and concluding by identifying the current states within the defunct northern and southern protectorates. Wonders shall never end. Thats primary skool stuff.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by citizenY(m): 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2010
Yusufi,
Pls pass.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by WilyWily5: 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2010
@Edoyad, don't mind all those Islamic Terrorist,
I can see, Yusufi Mohammed is wearing his Suicide Belt, Terrorist Citizen Y and Terrorist Real4life are on a lookout, but they will end up blowing only themselves up.
Re: Genocide Reported In Kuru Village Of Jos by trenchcoat: 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2010
Wily+Wily, edoyad, DatNiggaAK and any1 supporting them.

Y'all bunch of haters, pathetic drunks, perverts grin grin grin, u keep instigating others and corrupting the minds of others, you argue on things you don't know mixed with blessings of envy. If you cannot debate whats the point arguing? Why do u have so much hate 4 Islam, Muslims, Hausa-Fulani, etc

U have shown every1 clearly that u hate us, but u cannot stop us, 100% Muslims till we die, call us with any name the good thing is u r not God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends N14,000 Daily To Feed Each Prisoner- Minister / VIDEO: See What Youths Did To Female Police During Lockdown In Delta State D / Security: Kaduna Government Declares Curfew In 2 LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.