Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police (6954 Views)

IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions / ’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ / Dino Melaye Released, Says Police Exhibited Professionalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by nacom2(f): 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2010
It has been reliably reported that another crisis has again been started in sokoto,d northern part of nigeria after an argument between two individuals at one of d hospital. Channel TV has said that this has resulted to continual lost of lives and properties!    

I think rumors and speculations may be worse than lies. And one thing i am sure of regards this thread is that its an outright lie as per the title "Another Crisis In Sokoto, Lost Of Lives And Properties Increases Per Mins! "

Channels Television has a history of jumping the gun when it comes to first authenticating their news and getting the facts right before going live to broadcast it. Channels reports crap a number of times just in a bid to look like nigeria's CNN.  

@ Original Poster

I think you must have been smoking cow dung or something close to that. If not what else can explain your choice of words for this threads title "Another Crisis In Sokoto, Lost Of Lives And Properties Increases Per Mins! "  undecided  undecided  undecided

Learn to get your facts right rather .
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by bandely(m): 12:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
Naija Animals! angry angry angry
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by real4life: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2010
edoyad:

Yusufi you must be high on solution like your brothers. The perpetrators in of the  kuru killings should be brought to book but what the people who started the trouble should be awarded the Bin Laden medal of honour i guess ?

Do you have evidence to show who started the trouble? The last I heard (from most newspapers) was the trouble started when two men were arguing over the reconstruction of a building, and from there fighting broke out (unnecessarily) along religious lines. But if you have contrary evidence share it with us, don't keep it to yourself

The trouble started due to existing animosity in Jos between Christians and Muslims, triggered by an insignificant event, but the question now is should mass murder be condoned? NO. There should be a thorough investigation and all people found guilty of murder should be dealt with appropriately to serve as a future deterrent to others.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by Yusufi(m): 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2010
@edoyad

Yusufi you must be high on solution like your brothers. The perpetrators in of the kuru killings should be brought to book but what the people who started the trouble should be awarded the Bin Laden medal of honour i guess ?

What trouble are you refering to? Please do not insult my intellectuality by making comments that cannot be substantiated with references from credible reports. If you know what you are writing, simply refer the house to it instead of casting insults on me. Yet, you would accuse others of pre-meditating violence. Wonder what makes you different if your first sentence in response to an observation carries so much venom. Better still, maybe I should state that the plateau state government should rather protect the perpertuatotrs and encourage such mob actions as the end justifies the means in order to please you and your likes to the deteriment of peaceful co-existence. You cannot fool a sane person towards your line of thinking. GUESS WAT! I also heard from MTN that a church filled with worshippers has just been burnt down during early morning mass today at Auchi. Oya! Mobilize your soldiers to the nearest muslim community & unleash your nuclear weapons on them since everything makes factual information to you. I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY NOW.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by muhsin(m): 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2010
Threads like this one should be locked and buried; this OP contains nothing but blunt lie. shocked
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by edoyad(m): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2010
I totally agree that all parties involved must be brought to book, but why stop at jos ? Till this moment no one has been held accountable for the massacres in bauchi state and even the commission set up to look at the last jos crisis has not presented anything to the country.
And for those saying that the crises could spread to other hausa states in the form of retaliation make me laugh, do you think you harbour more violence in your bellies than Nigerians else where ? Some people are just civil that's why we still have peace in this country but continue pushing and like they say, "one day monkey go go market. . "
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by kosovo(m): 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
muhsin:

Threads like this one should be locked and buried; this OP contains nothing but blunt lie. shocked
you have no idea of what you talking about,
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by nacom2(f): 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2010
kosovo:

Kosovo,So is it you that has an IDEA about what they are talking about ?Neither do you embarassed
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by aieromon(m): 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2010
Haven't heard anything 'bout this.
No comment lipsrsealed
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by kosovo(m): 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
na.com2:

Kosovo,So is it you that has an IDEA about what they are talking about ?Neither do you embarassed

Unfortunately i do not have the time to participate in any debased and vitiated arguments,
Thanks for your usual understanding,
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by Vanpee(m): 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2010
Why must all crises emanate from the North??
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by muhsin(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2010
kosovo:

I wonder if you are a Mod here.

Any way, care to tell me why? The OP is phenomenally a lie, and if you think otherwise check up the credibility of it and refute my assertion. Waiting. . .
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by ayo84(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2010
when will all this madness stop,haba
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by paddylo1(m): 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2010
who is in charge of this nairaland and why do u make such irresponsible topics as this to be in the front page. .

u guys have to understand that being responsible is part of your mandate here
and not to sow unnecessary confusion and ignorance among the ppl
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by adventisty: 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2010
I hope USA predictions which remains 9 more years will not come to pass afterall !!!!
WE ARE RELEGIOUS PEOPLE IN NIGERIA BUT NOT GODLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lord have mercy.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by 9jauk: 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2010
PLS HELP.PHELLOW NINGERIN,I'M HAVING A GREAT TIME IN UK,WITH MY TOUBOH PIKIN THING SERIOUSLY OF RELOCATING TO 9JA,LAGOS PRECISELY HOW SAFE IT IS PLZ.
THE SCENARIO BACK HOME SCARES MY PARTNER AS SHE'S A FOREGN NATIONAL, KIDNAPPPING,NEPA.BAD ROAD,WELFARISM ZERO %.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by DatNiggaAk(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2010
Vanpee:

Why must all crises emanate from the North??

because the northern elite loves power.
they keep a majority of their people illiterate and below the poverty level
they see southerners come to their midst and prosper
while their imams are settled by the elites to preach a hatred of the western world.
so they can be induced with religious fervor at the right time to kill infidels
who represent the western world in their midst.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by DatNiggaAk(m): 2:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
9jauk:

PLS HELP.PHELLOW NINGERIN,I'M HAVING A GREAT TIME IN UK,WITH MY TOUBOH PIKIN THING SERIOUSLY OF RELOCATING TO 9JA,LAGOS PRECISELY HOW SAFE IT IS PLZ.
THE SCENARIO BACK HOME SCARES MY PARTNER AS SHE'S A FOREGN NATIONAL, KIDNAPPPING,NEPA.BAD ROAD,WELFARISM ZERO %.

i seriously hope you don't talk the way you write
Lagos is relatively safe (no jihads) and if you are cheesed up, you can live in lekki.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by oderemo(m): 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2010
Lagos is relatively safe (no jihads) and if you are cheesed up, you can live in lekki.

at least that is close to the Atlantic ocean. cool cool
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by Gentlebabs(m): 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2010
God knows those perpetrating this evil, and very soon, HE will visit them to their third generation. At this point, let us continually pray for our dear country. Remember, God is not a prayer storing but answering God. Most of all what we wave with the hand here are more than enough to cause war in other countries,
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Jan 25, 2010
How i wish, we can just get along and live together, but seems like we asking for too much
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by aieromon(m): 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2010
Mod,i think it's time for you to either lock this thread or transfer to the Tribalism Section
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by real4life: 6:55pm On Jan 25, 2010
Kudos to the moderator, better late than never
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by asunaobi(m): 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2010
@ Afam

Tell me one positive news that has ever come out of Nigeria. Dont blame Nigerians living abroad for believing in everything negative about Nigeria. Infact, religious riots, killings and destruction of properties in northern Nigeria is no longer considered as rumour, because it happens every now and then.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by oge4real(f): 8:20pm On Jan 25, 2010
Small, small Sokoto will take over from Jos.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by ssumpta(f): 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
@ Papabrowne. Division is geographically impossible.
The middle beltans will choose which nation to belong to?

Do you realise that pple live and own property, and have built their lives whithin such places.
Isn't this one of the causes of this mayhem? Accusations of land encroachment.

This is how the Igbos lost a lot of their property during the civil war.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by koolchicco: 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2010
[size=2pt].[/size]
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by toyboy1(m): 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2010
@ real4life:

I read with dismay all you have posted on this thread, i live and work in in sokoto and i have a first hand experience of what transpired over d weekend. Truely, it started with an arguement in UDUTH on friday as an arguement over some religious issues, the lady in question was to be lynched but was rescued by someone who was eventually killed.
An igbo man with his son was killed and their house burnt, igbo traders in sahara  reacted and refused to open shops for biz on saturday in the whole of Sahara, Aliyu Jodi and Rijia area were all empty as Igbo men did not sell o saturday.

An Hausa woman was killed and robbed while she was saying her prayers by miscreants who took advantage of the already tensed situation on ground to perpetrate their evil acts.
The governor, alongside anti riot police men (mobile police), regular policemen and Soldiers saved the situation from degenerating further by quickly parading the whole town with APCs - Armored personel carriers.

If it was purely an issue of robbery by miscreants, how come three houses were burnt all on early hours of saturday. How come the governor took pre-emptive measures in the middle of the night to combat the situation.

The crises was real but was quickly nibbed in the bud thanks to the Governor.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by ladymoi: 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2010
I am a corper in sokoto state and I can reliably tell u that a careless statement made by a student in Nursing school here in Sokoto escalated looming crisis in this state. The state government didnt act until 2 people died and others were being attacked. Going to bed is a problem and alot of people have had to run to the barracks for cover. The ibos in Sokoto held a high power meeting while their shops remained under lock and key to reach an agreement with the state government to stop the killing of the ibos in the state.

Normalcy have returned to the state and there are security agents stationed at various parts of town to curb any further violence or tension. I am of the opinion that corpers should not be posted to the north cos during such crisis there are no plans to secure them or better still NYSC SHOULD BE SCRAPPED!!!
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by guente02(m): 8:17am On Jan 26, 2010
@ladymoi actually u r correct. I stay at old airport were  is being regarded as a heaven due to its proximity to the barracks. Old airport is notin but lagos as a whole due to dis caos. When i went to union bank yesterday the whole place was fine but igbo men did'nt open 4 business. I hope it wont lead to 4da death.
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by celidion(f): 4:43pm On Jan 26, 2010
na wa oooooo God will help us in this Naija ooooo, angry
Re: Violence In Sokoto? Not Religious/Political Says Police by muhsin(m): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2010
I am glad at least the OP's title is changed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Urges Soldiers To Obey Traffic Law / Is There Environmental Tomorrow? / PDP Governors Raise Alarm Over Excessive Borrowings By The Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.