Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu (16768 Views)

See The Next Step Federal Government Too After Visa Ban / Buhari's Projects Are Too Big We Can't See Them / Federal Government Is Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by omohayek: 8:42am On Jun 20, 2017
No matter how one feels about Ekweremadu and his partnership with Saraki, it must be admitted that he's making complete sense on this occasion - Nigeria is currently a poorly-run unitary state pretending to be a federation.

Of course, it's easy enough for Ekweremadu to make statements like this, which they know few people will object to in principle: the question is whether he has the courage (and the allies) to put forward bills that will realize such fine-sounding ideas in practice. Let him at least put forward something concrete, even if the votes aren't there to pass it, and at least we'll get to see who really supports decentralization when the votes are counted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by OfficialSam(m): 8:45am On Jun 20, 2017
Aonkuuse:

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2017/06/19/federal-government-big-must-adjust-ekweremadu/

Op, ur caption should be 'Federal government responsibilities are so enormous and should be adjusted'. And by d way they should nt complain cos it is a social contract. That's wat u get for telling us things u cannot do just becos u want to canvas 4 votes. Meanwhile i'm stil patiently waiting for 1$ = N1.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Temidayo9(m): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I want the Arabic on the Nigerian Army logo removed,
I want the reintroduction of CRK to our school's curriculum,
I want the herdsmen sent back to the North.

This country does not belong to the Muslims, neither does it belong to the North.
It belongs to all of us, so if all of us can't have it, give us Biafra.

I wonder why able person will just wake up and Carry Nigeria matter for head like Gala. SMH
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by caracas: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2017
dealslip:
He is right on this one.
Hé is always right
The guy is so intelligent.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by brunofarad(m): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2017

Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by mechanics(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2017
why now, but federal government are not complaining.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Blessed96(f): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2017
Join the campaign for restructuring. #TrueFiscalFederalismNow
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Enyimbamercedes: 9:01am On Jun 20, 2017
i can't see anywhere where he mentioned the legislative arm. They are by far the biggest parasites and a huge drain on the system. We had one foolish one yesterday saying they were paid peanuts. They offer no benefit and i cannot remember on bill they have passed that has been of benefit to the citizens. Instead some sponsor bills to imprison queue jumpers! The senate today is a retirement home for former governors, Ekweremadu himself being one of the landlords of the senate. I do not disagree with anything he has said but he shouldn't be selective in his idea of restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Georgnilla: 9:02am On Jun 20, 2017
wristbangle:
I am indifferent to the Idea of police to be handle by state government base on the structure of things in the country. Though the system works fine in US, UK and other developed countries but how effective will it be in Nigeria?

Other points made by deputy senate president is right on course which they know federalism will relief and solve the system complexity but the current status quo is well beneficial to them

Well Rome wasn't built in a day. They started like us and discovered that centralised policing wouldn't work. so they decided to do the needful.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by marooh: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2017
If it is too big, divide the work so everybody can participate.

Before I was born u already in govt while millions of graduates are roaming..

But wait oooo
I never see hausa graduate looking for work cry
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Kingspin(m): 9:05am On Jun 20, 2017
Tell some idiots the real thing you see them read and go mute. This is not ipod or militants or Oil in the East or South. This is the real deal for Nigeria. Some of these lazy governors will definitely wake up once their salary is coming from state revenue. Every state will need investors then else the people shall invoke. All of us must work for Nigeria accordingly not some of us.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by hakinz87: 9:07am On Jun 20, 2017
When his party was in power he didn't realized then that federal government was too big.
Issokay
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Kemperor: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2017
Things fall apart, the center cannot hold
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Sonoyom(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2017
true
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by rozayx5(m): 9:12am On Jun 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This country does not belong to the Muslims, neither does it belong to the North.

finally a sensible comment smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by arkdiggs(m): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2017
God punish Ekeremadu for that statement attached to him. when they are in control, and he been in full control with full and free access to all the resources, Did he ever mention something similar to this, Youth wise up ...
Its the rich and powerful who have been taking advantage that doesn't have access to what they share again that are instigating war...
they all have dual citizenship .... i only belong to NIGERIA ... NEITHER DO I HAVE BIAFRA NOR AREWA OR OODUA PASSPORT ..
THE BIG AND THEIR CHILDREN DOES ... THEY HAVE DUAL CITIZENSHIP WITH GREAT COUNTRIES ...
WISE UP
WISE UP
WISE UP
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Abfinest007(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2017
is this the reason you people are coming up with a new constitution
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2017
Numbers of useless representatives in the National Assembly is too much pls remember to trim that too.
then i will take u serious..
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by KENFERDYOORI(m): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2017
I've always said "Confederalism would help" but people won't listen to me.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by emmaitive(m): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2017
restructure nigeria abeg
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by perez100: 9:35am On Jun 20, 2017
The parasites will not agree this yet they will be giving ultimatum and at the same time refuse to let your resources go. Afonjas are worst human-beings on this planet with double face from the womb.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Okies27(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2017
wristbangle:
I am indifferent to the Idea of police to be handle by state government base on the structure of things in the country. Though the system works fine in US, UK and other developed countries but how effective will it be in Nigeria?

Other points made by deputy senate president is right on course which they know federalism will relief and solve the system complexity but the current status quo is well beneficial to them
. We've been on this system of policing since inception and its not working anymore. Let's look at how others have restructured their police force and learn from them. We are talking too much in this country and we need to act now.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by FactualSpeech: 9:50am On Jun 20, 2017
as much as i welcome over 90% of wat he said,i am afraid that this states are not strong even when they are spoon-fed talkless of when they are now independent. they receive allocation,they take paris club fund,they take derivation % yet they cant pay salary talkless of moving the state forward or internally generated revenue
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by bejeria101(m): 9:51am On Jun 20, 2017
Get a tailor! They can readjust the size.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by magoo10(m): 9:56am On Jun 20, 2017
worst still is there are many people incapable of running things cleverly at the germ of affairs
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Dee60: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2017
FIRST ADJUST THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY. IT IS MONSTROUSLY BIG AND INEFFECTIVE. WE ARE OKAY WITH ONE HOUSE. SCRAP THE SENATE TOTALLY.

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2017
Start restructuring from federal government system. Reduce some responsibility and financing to local government, that's where developments are needed. Not Aso Rock.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Realdeals(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2017
He forgot to mention the scrapping of the Senate.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Emtol01: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Religion apologist. If you work like you prayed, you won't have any problem with those politicians. Focus and concentrate ur capability on ur future. Forget Biafra, ur leaders aren't sincere with u people they are only concerned with their pockets. take Uwazurike for example.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by TeamSimple(m): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2017
But it wasn't too big during PDP 16 years of governance. Shameless man.
Re: Federal Government Too Big, We Must Adjust It – Ekweremadu by Odingo1: 10:38am On Jun 20, 2017
TeamSimple:
But it wasn't too big during PDP 16 years of governance. Shameless man.
PDP did a confab as a way forward,it was discoursed during PDP 16 years in power,state police was also in contention,some state government oppose it, the confab agreed to reduce fg power but, Buhari came and cancel everything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Allegations Against IGP Shouldn't Be Swept Away Like That Of Magu – PDP / Bookshop Razed In Akure As Petrol Hidden By Owner Caught Fire By Neighbors Stove / Tony Nwulu Reaches Out To Thousands Of Imolites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.