Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife (38830 Views)

How Family Member Scammed Me Of N800,000 - Lady / Obituary Of 193 Year Old Woman As Family Claims / Mother Asks Man Who Impregnated Her 14-year-old Daughter To Pay N800,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Blackfire(m): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ofemmanu1:
Na dem, na dem cursed marginalised potopoto jews.

Eru.
Don't let us wash your dirty clothes outside.
Is your mother in her afternoon husband or evening husband house...

5 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by adadike281(f): 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
Klington:
[b]nwa di very sharp[/b ]on point
dalu nna

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ofemmanu1: 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2017
conductor2:

If Anambra people call you a cone headed sky falling ewedu moozlem now, you'll begin crying like Awolowlo cheesy

Anambra ke?!
Potopoto sef wan talk?!!

Hehehe
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by ojun50(m): 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
Pavore9:

The family of woman owns the children, not the man's and she returns back to her family with the children because she was never recognized married. For the man's family to claim custody, they must go the woman's family to pay the bride price.
ok.. I don't if all the is also applicable to the yoruba cultures too. Yorubas in d house come give info
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by SmartyPants(m): 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
He was charged with abduction and attempted murder after she died in childbirth?

I now understand why they say young lawyers in Nigeria are unemployed. It is because they don't know their work.

A smart lawyer could have solved this guys problem at half the cost.

Simply threaten the police to sue them for malicious prosecution for those rubbish charges, settle the DPO with 50 k, settle the elders of the community with drinks worth 50 k, and settle the family with a token of no more than 200k after making it clear to them that their daughter was a promiscuous adult. Then you the lawyer can pocket 100-150 k.

Won't everybody be happy?

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Blackfire(m): 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
adadike281:
adim nma, thks.

No doubt nne, idikwa pino pino.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Ifamex(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ofemmanu1:
Who be this?

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by happney65: 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
adadike281:
if u want an Igbo woman as a wife, pls kindly go and pay her bride price, and if u don't have money, go and deposit ' drink' on her head.In igboland, we call it 'idoyen nmanya', its acceptable. otherwise, if anything befalls d woman, my brother u are on your own.

Means you guys sell your women isnt it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Omoluabi16(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
The igbo culture though. Their marriage and burial rites are always very complicated.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by emmanuelex1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
EXACTLY THE REASON I BELIEVE THE IGBOS HAVE THE LOWEST BABYMAMAS AND PAPAS IN NIGERIA
Islie:

http://pmexpressng.com/man-pay-n-8m-marry-dead-woman-wife/

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2017
NubiLove:
I mean doing the marriage registry stuff but without the consent of the parents or traditional marriage.

Then the marriage is binding.
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Enoquin(f): 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Benita27:
It's same culture in South-South. If a lady you're cohabiting with dies during child birth you'll have to marry her corpse before she's buried.

I think the lady's family was angry at the guy 'cause usually the bride price of a dead person means nothing. Money won't bring her to life so why demand for 5m?, even 800k is too much. In my place they collect less but you'll do the burial rites. The message in it is don't cohabit so you won't be married to a dead woman.

That's true. In one south south state, in some of its villages, you will even spend the night in the same room with the corpse after paying for the marriage rites.

4 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by emmanuelex1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
LOL PASTOROOOOOO TRULY? YOU ARE GOOD RESEARCHER OOOOO, BUT WAIT OOOO DO YOU THINK IGBOS MAY HAVE THE LOWEST BABYMAMAS AND PAPAS IN NIGERIA? PLEASE PASTOR RESEARCHER CHECK THE BIBLE IF IT DOES SUPPORT BABYMAMARISM AND PAPARISM, CHECK PLEASE I WANT TO LEARN THE BIBLE FROM YOU.
seyizma:
To all my Nigerian Jewish brothers, I've completed the reading the Bible twice but never see where Jewish husband dey marry him dead body wife.

Abeg where una adopt your own culture, my fellow Jewish brothers?

Awon iran Ju! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Cyriljames113: 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
Over My Dead Body
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by adadike281(f): 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
happney65:

Means you guys sell your women isnt it?
no, its not selling, its called value. we value our women, u don't treat them like cheap articles. How can u live with someone's daughter and even started a family with her without her parents consent? In igboland, we do not believe in divorce, once married, stays married. moreover, d drink depositing is cheap, so if u cannot pay d bride price, pls do the deposit.

5 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Princeboca12(m): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
Benita27:
It's same culture in South-South. If a lady you're cohabiting with dies during child birth you'll have to marry her corpse before she's buried.

I think the lady's family was angry at the guy 'cause usually the bride price of a dead person means nothing. Money won't bring her to life so why demand for 5m?, even 800k is too much. In my place they collect less but you'll do the burial rites. The message in it is don't cohabit so you won't be married to a dead woman.

Babe what part of south are u frm
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by adadike281(f): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
Blackfire:

No doubt nne, idikwa pino pino.
Dalu dear
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2017
That is rubbish,
Do we want civilization or we want culture, the earlier we make up our mind, the better.
I just want to know what the court case would have been about.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Cyriljames113: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=Omoluabi16 post=57688026]The igbo culture though. Their marriage and burial rites are always very complicated.[/quo

I swear

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

You developed Lagos, you make Lagos money, eat in lagos, do everything in Lagos but you detest Lagos Marriage?!
Clap for yasef.

Flat.heads are hypocritic basterrdss.
You are so slow with your thought process that you can't decipher a literal word

4 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by brunofarad(m): 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
kiss kiss I'm tongue tied.

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by happney65: 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
adadike281:
no, its not selling, its called value. we value our women, u don't treat them like cheap articles. How can u live with someone's daughter and even started a family with her without her parents consent? In igboland, we do not believe in divorce, once married, stays married. moreover, d drink depositing is cheap, so if u cannot pay d bride price, pls do the deposit.

Like my guy paid 500K in Ebonyi?And Noo,I do not believe in not meeting the family and just giving her belle,but I do not subscribe to paying so much because I needed to marry a wife..

And Yes because you don't believe in divorce that means the lady is being Sold more or else and she should not come back expect Death even in the face of Battering..That is so so wrong..

There are so things that should be eradicated in the African culture..A part of it is this..

The dude obviously ran away because of the high bride price..and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by porozhniy(m): 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2017
ojun50:
Wht if it was the man that die with out paying the bride price of the woman nd he had children. So wht will happen to d woman

The woman's family take over his kids.
He doesn't even need to die for this to happen, as long as he hasn't married their mother, the kids from that union belongs to the woman & her family.

4 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
Princeboca12:

Babe what part of south are u frm
Rivers.
Enoquin:

That's true. In one south south state, in some of its villages, you will even spend the night in the same room with the corpse after paying for the marriage rites.
That doesn't happen in my place, the only place a corpse is kept is at the mortuary. Not in anyone's home.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Franchise21(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ofemmanu1:
You're very silly

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by DukeNija(m): 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
NubiLove:
what of if he married her legally, does this stuff still apply?

No it doesn't. The tradition is only for stubborn men who want to enjoy the benefits of marriage without going through the actual process.

4 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by iLiquidator: 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
NCAN North West Reporting

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Princeboca12(m): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
Benita27:
Rivers. That doesn't happen in my place, the only place a corpse is kept is at the mortuary. Not in anyone's home.

Happens in Nollywood my dear
Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Enoquin(f): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
Benita27:
Rivers. That doesn't happen in my place, the only place a corpse is kept is at the mortuary. Not in anyone's home.

Only few villages in my state mandate the groom to spend the night with his 'bride' though. Sickening and yet many are still living together in Lagos without having done any marriage rites. The high bride price is what deters some people though. In my state, you perform a knock on the door, intro, negotiation before the traditional marriage. God help the man if the intended wife is the first daughter with a good education or has been knocked up, more expenses and goats.

3 Likes

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
I hope the church fights against this sort of tradition.

1 Like

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Princeboca12(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2017
Benita27:
Rivers.

Okayy

That doesn't happen in my place, the only place a corpse is kept is at the mortuary. Not in anyone's home.

Re: Man To Pay N800,000 To Marry Dead Woman As Wife by Decryptor(m): 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ofemmanu1:

YES! Proudly IGBO JEWS!!

That is the reason why our women with children are legally married to the man who impregnates them and this kind of penance serves as a deterrent to those who only want to cohabit. Unlike your smelly "green-slimy soup" eating women from your wastelands that will give birth to 1 bomboy for one agbero in oshodi, another one for a cultist in mushin, another for a skull miner in Ogun and then will chose to settle with being f*cked under the pedestrian bridges of lagos by touts after selling Agbo and kpomo. cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Mother Threatens To Commit Suicide If I Don't Leave The House / 'Ashawo' Can Tackle 10 Men Daily; You Have No Excuse Not To Satisfy Your Husband / Benue Girl, Adoo Eugenia Ter Surprises Her Mother With A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.