Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad (2471 Views)

The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount / Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2017
On June 20th, the world marks 'World Refugee Day', remembering the strength, courage and perseverance of refugees. On this day, we commemorate the 20th-century expulsion of Jews from Arab and Muslim countries. Jewish communities in Arab countries formed a significant part of the Jewish diaspora. From 1920 onward, some 850,000 Jews were expelled from their homes – from Tripoili to Cairo, from Damascus to Baghdad.

This memorial day commemorates the tragedy of people who were forced to flee from their homes and to leave the countries where they had lived for millennia, solely because of their Jewish identity.

On 30 November, Israel and the Jewish world remember the fate of more than 850,000 Jews who were forced out of Arab countries and Iran in the 20th century

This memorial day commemorates the tragedy of people who were forced to flee from their homes and to leave the countries where they had lived for millennia, solely because of their Jewish identity. Many were deprived of their belongings and many suffered from violence and persecution.

The story of the expulsion of entire Jewish communities from Arab lands is an important part of modern Jewish history that profoundly affected the Jewish nation as a whole as well as the demographic composition of the Middle East and North Africa. This is a story that has to be told.

Current research estimates that the number of Jews living in Arab countries and Iran totaled more than 850,000 at the time of Israel’s independence. Some scholars even think the number is closer to one million. In the North African region, 259,000 Jews fled from Morocco, 140,000 from Algeria, 100,000 from Tunisia, 75,000 from Egypt, and another 38,000 from Libya. In the Middle East, 135,000 Jews were exiled from Iraq, 55,000 from Yemen, 34,000 from Turkey, 20,000 from Lebanon and 18,000 from Syria. Iran forced out 25,000 Jews.

The following descriptions typify what Jews living in Arab countries and Iran went through in the 1940s and following Israel’s declaration of independence up to the second half of the 20th century.

Iraq

In Iraq, where a large community of Jews lived for 2600 years, violent riots known as the Farhud erupted in June 1941, targeting the Jewish population, mainly in Bagdad. Dejected soldiers of a failed coup took advantage of a power vacuum and swarmed into Jewish communities together with a bloodthirsty mob, killing 179 innocent people, injuring more than 2,100, and leaving 242 children orphans. This act of violence was celebrated across the Arab world and in Nazi Germany.

In 1948 as a response to UNGA Resolution 181 ("the Partition Plan"wink and Israel’s independence, laws were passed making Zionism a criminal offense, allowing the police to raid and search thousands of Jewish homes for any evidence of Zionism. Jews were removed from thousands of government positions and their homes were valued at 80% less than those of their Arab neighbors.

In the years 1948-1951, over 120,000 Iraqi Jews immigrated to Israel to forge a new life. In doing so, they forfeited their citizenship and (after March 1951) their property. The ancient Jewish community in Iraq (which at one time constituted nearly one-third of the total population of Baghdad) is now non-existent.

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/Issues/Pages/Jewish-refugees-expelled-from-Arab-lands-and-from-Iran-29-November-2016.aspx

Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
Egypt

The story of the Jewish population of Egypt is similar. In the 1940s, hostility against the Egyptian Jewish community, which numbered around 80,000 people, increased. Laws were passed setting limitations for employing Egyptians of Jewish descent, as well as requiring majority shareholders of companies to be Egyptian nationals. Since Jews were denied citizenship as a rule, many Jews lost their jobs and businesses.

During the 1948 War of Independence, thousands of Egyptian Jews were put into internment camps, forced from their jobs, and arrested for supposed collaboration with an enemy state, Jewish synagogues, homes, and businesses were bombed; many Jews were killed and wounded. More than 14,000 Jews immigrated to Israel during this time seeking safety. Between 1948 and 1958, more than 35,000 Jews fled Egypt. While much of this immigration was due to systematic oppression, another contribution factor was Zionism and the desire to live in the newly reestablished Jewish homeland in Israel.

Between 1956 and 1968 another 38,000 Jews fled Egypt, mostly to Israel, to escape systematic injustices such as government expropriation of their homes and businesses and arbitrary arrests of Jewish citizens.

Yemen

The Yemeni Jews faced some of the worst persecution. At the end of November 1947, the Arab population of Aden in Yemen decided to hold a 3-day strike in protest against UNGA Resolution 181 (the Partition Plan). The protest quickly turned violent. Over 80 innocent Yemeni Jews were slaughtered, over 100 Jewish-owned businesses were completely looted, and homes, schools, and synagogues were burnt to the ground. This was one of the most violent attacks on any Jewish population in the Arab world.

A unique and creative solution was found for saving the persecuted Yemeni Jews. From 1949 to 1950, the Israeli government enacted Operation Magic Carpet (known in Hebrew as “On the Wings of Eagles”). The operation was implemented by US and British aircraft, which flew to Aden and airlifted the Jews from Yemen to Israel. By the end of the operation, over 47,000 Yemeni Jews were rescued from persecution and taken to their new home in the State of Israel.

Libya

Jews had lived in Libya for more than 2,300 years, and had a thriving culture, with a population of over 37,000. During World War II, The Libyan regime implemented their own Nazi-inspired holocaust, where more than 2,000 Jews were transported to desert concentration camps, and hundreds of them died. In post-war Libya, Arab nationalism grew in popularity, resulting in violent pogroms against the Jewish community. In 1945, in the city of Tripoli, more than 140 Jews were killed in a violent antisemitic riot, and a few years later in 1948, another pogrom erupted, resulting in 12 Jewish deaths and the destruction of over 280 Jewish homes. In the three years between 1948 and 1951, 30,972 Jews fled to Israel due to the hostile Arab government of Libya.

Remembering their stories

The descendants of these immigrants from Arab countries now account for a majority of Israel’s Jewish population. The Jewish exiles who were forced to flee their homes overcame personal and communal tragedy and not only persevered, but thrived; many have risen to important positions in the national government and in the public and private sectors. They have made an invaluable contribution to the fabric of Israeli society, and their vibrant cultures are an integral part of the colorful mosaic of the Jewish people in the Land of Israel. It is time for the world to hear their story.

Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
jews expelled from arab countries

Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by econo88(m): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
the Arabs were just puppets.
look at the puppeteer, not the puppets.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
econo88:
the Arabs were just puppets.
look at the puppeteer, not the puppets.

can u speak english please
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by DictatorZAR1: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
All jews should be exiled to Australia which is a country run by exiled criminals.

The Zionist fucccckers will do good there with there kind, the world would be a better place.
tonguetonguetongue
gringringrin
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by DictatorZAR1: 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:
jews expelled from arab countries
Good ridden's
Pest removal
gringringrin
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by econo88(m): 6:37pm On Jun 20, 2017
Israel is a project. It was founded by some powerful secret societies, such as the Rothschilds. They continue to develop and expand their borders.

One of the purposes in the second world war is the establishment of Israel. But the Jews from Europe were not enough. They needed more jews. for this reason it happened in the Arab countries.

Read some news newspapers ng
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2017
DictatorZAR1:
All jews should be exiled to Australia which is a country run by exiled criminals.

The Zionist fucccckers will do good there with there kind, the world would be a better place.
tonguetonguetongue
gringringrin

mumu jews are running the world and u are there crying..u people have been crying for over 60yrs now and the jews are still there inventing and making thing..continue with ur mumuness
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
econo88:
Israel is a project. It was founded by some powerful secret societies, such as the Rothschilds. They continue to develop and expand their borders.

One of the purposes in the second world war is the establishment of Israel. But the Jews from Europe were not enough. They needed more jews. for this reason it happened in the Arab countries.

just look at what u are saying...i dont know the religion u belong to...DO U KNOW THE CITY OF MEDINA WAS A JEWISH SETTLEMENT..B4 MOHAMMED KILLED AND CHASED THEM AWAY...where was rothschilds then?

the name israel is in the bible..u need to read history and stop all these ignorant lies...

i hate when people just come online and spew nonsense...they were arabs as well like them..their fellow arabs...just because they are jews..do u think they dont expell christians as well..please go and read
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

Good ridden's

Pest removal

gringringrin

jews are still here and they are going no were..
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by DictatorZAR1: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

mumu jews are running the world and u are there crying..u people have been crying for over 60yrs now and the jews are still there inventing and making thing..continue with ur mumuness

Crying over of war morgering dogs hell no. Not inventing shiiit but stealing poor hardworking innocent peoples properties to expand there evil empires.

Karma is a bitch and those death dealers will get there day. Mumuness is you who come and brag about a creed of zoo mongers who despise your black assss to a point where you are second class toilet cleaners in there little lily white towns.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by DictatorZAR1: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

jews are still here and they are going no were..

I bet you I can get a Israeli Visa faster then you if skin colour is an criteria.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

I bet you I can get a Israeli Visa faster then you if skin colour is an criteria.

mumu u dont even know where am at right now..and who tells u israelis give visa because of the colour of ur skin..tell me the colour of ur skin and let me address u better
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

Crying over of war morgering dogs hell no. Not inventing shiiit but stealing poor hardworking innocent peoples properties to expand there evil empires.

Karma is a bitch and those death dealers will get there day. Mumuness is you who come and brag about a creed of zoo mongers who despise your black assss to a point where you are second class toilet cleaners in there little lily white towns.

wasting my time going back and forth with a zombie..hell no..u are already programmed for faliure...they despise my black ass and my black ass is in the IDF..u see why i called u mumu...whites dont hate blacks right..identify urself correctly and let me create time for u...u can talk right...

see black OFFICERS in the IDF and u say they hate black people...u are from the zoo i swear

first picture..ethopian officer and second nigerian officer

Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by DictatorZAR1: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

wasting my time going back and forth with a zombie..hell no..u are already programmed for faliure...they despise my black ass and my black ass is in the IDF..u see why i called u mumu...whites dont hate blacks right..identify urself correctly and let me create time for u...u can talk right...

see black OFFICERS in the IDF and u say they hate black people...u are from the zoo i swear

first picture..ethopian officer and second nigerian officer

A Zoo monger wanna be Israeli dreaming of the a desert paradise.

I don't even think you're intellectually capable to comprehend what I'm saying boy. Go check on how many africans they deport from that enclave then come back and speak to a free man who don't conform to biblical fanaticisms.

Day Dreamer
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

A Zoo monger wanna be Israeli dreaming of the a desert paradise.

I don't even think you're intellectually capable to comprehend what I'm saying boy. Go check on how many africans they deport from that enclave then come back and speak to a free man who don't conform to biblical fanaticisms.

Day Dreamer

u are demented and sick..u talk like a mad fellow...LOL..u are a baby boy....i tot u want a visa to israel...tell me which country doesnt deport africans?LOL...ur really a stupid zombie..
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by DictatorZAR1: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2017
cristianisraeli:

u are demented and sick..u talk like a mad fellow...LOL..u are a baby boy....i tot u want a visa to israel...tell me which country doesnt deport africans?LOL...ur really a stupid zombie..

Here Puppet read
https://electronicintifada.net/content/netanyahu-openly-boasts-israels-war-africans/19051

This is what your masters with there Zionist ideology think of you. This is the very fuccckers who supported Apartheid with weapons to kill africans.

I see I'm dealing with a demented wanna be Israeli.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

Here Puppet read
https://electronicintifada.net/content/netanyahu-openly-boasts-israels-war-africans/19051

This is what your masters with there Zionist ideology think of you. This is the very fuccckers who supported Apartheid with weapons to kill africans.

I see I'm dealing with a demented wanna be Israeli.

let me guess arab baby boy..because only arabs sound like u..or let me guess ur south african..got ya...go to hell with ur palestenian propaganda....well the south africans are killing africans now..have u heard of something called xenophobia....well,atleast am an israeli wanna be and am proud and that shows u that theres something good and great about israel...u are just hiding behind shadows and ur keyboard....identify urself shit head...so i can know where to hang u from...who are u and where are u from?are u not proud of where u are from...identify urself sucker and stop hiding behind ur keyboard...keyboard warrrior

yes israel supported apartheid south africa then so WHAT...american and britain supported them as well...u see u keep saying poo..first it was israel dont like africans and then i showed u africans doing well in israel and now ur saying poo

go and smoke ur meth or heroine or what u smoke that makes u mad and demented
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by DictatorZAR1: 12:22am On Jun 21, 2017
cristianisraeli:

let me guess arab baby boy..because only arabs sound like u..or let me guess ur south african..got ya...go to hell with ur palestenian propaganda....well the south africans are killing africans now..have u heard of something called xenophobia....well,atleast am an israeli wanna be and am proud and that shows u that theres something good and great about israel...u are just hiding behind shadows and ur keyboard....identify urself shit head...so i can know where to hang u from...who are u and where are u from?are u not proud of where u are from...identify urself sucker and stop hiding behind ur keyboard...keyboard warrrior

yes israel supported apartheid south africa then so WHAT...american and britain supported them as well...u see u keep saying poo..first it was israel dont like africans and then i showed u africans doing well in israel and now ur saying poo

go and smoke ur meth or heroine or what u smoke that makes u mad and demented

I'm Christian by the way.

Anyway enjoy your thread I just wanted your tormented soul to wake up.

Oh before I forget please work on your grammar and learn to be more coherent.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 8:57am On Jun 21, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

I'm Christian by the way.

Anyway enjoy your thread I just wanted your tormented soul to wake up.

Oh before I forget please work on your grammar and learn to be more coherent.

wetin ur grammar don bring u other than smoking meth and cocaine??tell me..u think i have time for grammar while responding to a crack head like u.u can never change my views or make me anti israel..i will always be proisrael and it would torment ur soul forever..keep on hating israel..dont come on here and form like u are educated..because i know ur not...u keep hiding in the shadows poo head and u refuse to identify urself..i didnt ask if ur christian zombie..which country are u from?so i can know where to hang u from.

its u thats not coherent..because u keep jumping and jumping..first it was this...i got u and u jumped to another...

oh before i forget...stop take meth its not good for u..u come on a forum and be forming professor

zombie...am not an israeli wanna be..I CAN CONVERT TO JUDAISM TODAY AND MAKE ALIYAH...OK..i will forever support the great state of israel and forever be proisrael
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2017
mister propaganda , dont forget that in maghreb , morocco , algeria tunisia in 1948 they were colonized by France . and get their independeny only from 60 s and No jews was expelled from those countries !

for algeria for exemple , few of them immigrate to israel on their own will before indepencency and most others were French citizen and return to France with other french citizens in 1962 (120 000 jews according to sources ) after independancy of algeria wink so again No jews was expelled from those countries

a question how many jews in srael are originate from USA ? europe ? , 65 % from Europ and América, 19 % from Africa, 15 % from Asia , most of migrant to israel are not from arab countries but from europ , america did they expelled them ? ethnic cleansing also ? tongue
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
chkil0:
mister propaganda , dont forget that in maghreb , morocco , algeria tunisia in 1948 they were colonized by France . and get their independeny only from 60 s and No jews was expelled from those countries !

for algeria for exemple , few of them immigrate to israel on their own will before indepencency and most others were French citizen and return to France with other french citizens in 1962 (120 000 jews according to sources ) after independancy of algeria wink so again No jews was expelled from those countries

a question how many jews in srael are originate from USA ? europe ? , 65 % from Europ and América, 19 % from Africa, 15 % from Asia , most of migrant to israel are not from arab countries but from europ , america did they expelled them ? ethnic cleansing also ? tongue

no words for u because u no nothing..how will u know history when they dont allow history in nigeria..internet is ur best friend
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
cristianisraeli:

no words for u because u no nothing.. how will u know history when they dont allow history in nigeria ..internet is ur best friend

don t be snooty , and I know you are going to have a heart attack and hate increase but I am not Nigerian but Algerian grin, I know much better than you the history of my own country and what happen with french colonization , so your propaganda and your snooty way to try to share your fake history and propaganda here , its so ridiculous .

Now I will let you boil alone in your thread of hate and propaganda , shalom ! unfollow !

and for poeple who want facts about jews in north african arabs countries , read my post above wink
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
chkil0:

don t be snooty , and I know you are going to have a heart attack and hate increase but I am not Nigerian but Algerian grin, I know much better than you the history of my own country and what happen with french colonization , so your propaganda and your snooty way to try to share your fake history and propaganda here , its so ridiculous .

Now I will let you boil alone in your thread of hate and propaganda , shalom !

my question to u is...ALGERIA WHERE ARE YOUR JEWSi dont expect much from an algerian arab....which stupid heart attack..whats algeriaur fore fathers expelled the jews killed and slaughted them and dont cry about what the french didi...but u algerians are always running to france and u dont like the french..am gonna get u some facts...i know u are pro palestinian so i would be glad to talk about this issues with u
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 1:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
chkil0:

Now I will let you boil alone in your thread of hate and propaganda , shalom ! unfollow !

and for poeple who want facts about jews in north african arabs countries , read my post above wink

i think u should hide ur face in shame man..algerians killed jews....have u heard of the Constantine pogrom of 1934

Between August 3 and 5, 1934, Muslim mobs went on a rampage in the Algerian city of Constantine, attacking Jews and Jewish property. In the attack, 25 Jewish men, women, and children were killed, most from having their throats cut or their skulls crushed, and 26 more were injured, according to official statistics. More than 200 Jewish-owned stores were ransacked. The total property damage to homes, businesses, and synagogues was estimated at over 150 million Poincare francs.

algerian jew...1903

Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
chkil0:

The History of the Jews in Algeria refers to the history of the Jewish community of Algeria, which dates to the 1st century CE. In the 15th century, many Spanish Jews emigrated to Algeria following expulsion from Spain and Portugal; among them were respected Jewish scholars, including Isaac ben Sheshet (Ribash) and Simeon ben Zemah Duran (Rashbatz)

Following Algerian independence in 1962, most Algeria's Jews, having been granted French citizenship in 1870, left with the pied-noirs. The vast majority moved to France, and the rest moved to Israel. Those who remained resided mostly in Algiers, while some settled in Blida, Constantine, and Oran.

In the 1990s, the trials of Algerian Civil War led most of the remaining Jews to emigrate. In 1994, the rebel Armed Islamic Group's 1994 declaration of war on all non-Muslims in the country was a decisive event for Jews remaining in Algeria. That year, the Algerian Jews abandoned their last synagogue, the Great Synagogue of Algiers.

Today, most Jews in France are of North African origin, and consequently, most of the recent immigration from France to Israel consists of Jews of North African origin.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
chkil0:

Some 3,000 people, one-quarter of Constantine’s Jewish population, were in need of welfare assistance in the aftermath of the pogrom. During the rampage, anti-Jewish incidents were recorded in the countryside of the Department of Constantine, extending over a 100-kilometer radius. Jews were murdered in Hamma and Mila, and in Ain Beida, Jewish homes and businesses were looted. In all, 314 Jews left Ain Beida for good, seeking the relative security of larger communities. During much of the rioting, the French police and security forces stood by and did little or nothing to stop the rioters.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2017
chkil0:

A scene of utter desolation and horror, of Jewish girls with their breasts cut off, of little children with numerous knife wounds and of whole families locked in their homes and burned to death, was described by a Jewish Telegraphic Agency correspondent, who succeeded in reaching this city today....YOUR ALGERIAN FOREFATHERS WERE SO WICKED

“It will take days before the world will obtain a true picture of all the atrocities committed by the Arabs during the pogrom on the Jewish quarter,” the correspondent wired.

“The only comparison I can think of is the Palestine riots of 1929. I found Jewish girls with their breasts cut off, greybearded Jews stabbed to death, little Jewish children dead of numerous knife wounds and whole families locked in their homes and burned to death by the rioters."

Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
chkil0:

u need a very good history lesson.u are dealing with someone that loves history so dont come online and tell lies..

Almost all Jews of Algeria left upon independence in 1962, particularly as "the Algerian Nationality Code of 1963 excluded non-Muslims from acquiring citizenship",allowing citizenship only to those Algerians who had Muslim fathers and paternal grandfathers. Algeria's 140,000 Jews, who had French citizenship since 1870 (briefly revoked by Vichy France in 1940) left mostly for France, although some went to Israel.

The Algiers synagogue was consequently abandoned after 1994.

Jewish migration from North Africa to France led to the rejuvenation of the French Jewish community, which is now the third largest in the world.

The watchword was now ‘Muslim Algeria’ not ‘Algeria for the Algerians.’ No ‘foreigner,’ even those who had fought for the FLN, was awarded Algerian nationality, unless they had a Muslim father. There was no place for Jews in the new Algeria, as there is no place for Jews anywhere in the Arab world.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by cristianisraeli: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
chkil0:

On the eve of WWII, there were about 120,000 Jews in Algeria. In 1934, Muslims, incited by events in Nazi Germany, rampaged in Constantine, killing 25 Jews and injuring many more. Starting in 1940, under Vichy rule, Algerian Jews were persecuted socially and economically. The Jews averted total destruction through their initiative and participation in the resistance. Their resistance activities helped neutralize Algiers while the Americans landed in the country. In 1955 there were 140,000 Jews in Algeria.

After being granted independence in 1962, the Algerian government harassed the Jewish community and deprived Jews of their economic rights. As a result, almost 130,000 Algerian Jews immigrated to France. Since 1948, 25,681 Algerian Jews have immigrated to Israel.

Most of the remaining Jews live in Algiers, but there are individual Jews in Oran and Blida. Jews practice their religion freely, and Jewish community leaders are included in ceremonial state functions. There is no resident rabbi.3

In 1994, the terrorist Armed Islamic Group - GIA declared its intention to eliminate Jews from Algeria; thus far, no attacks have been reported against the Algerian Jewish community.4 Following the announcement, many Jews left Algeria and the single remaining synagogue was abandoned.5 All other synagogues had previously been taken over for use as mosques.
Re: World Refugee Day 850,000 Jews Were Expelled From Tripoli,cairo,dmascus,baghdad by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
for some one that dont care about algeria you realy quoted me a lot , as i said realy huge hate or You try to advertise to your hate thread grin , i always enjoys teasing little sionist fan boy that copy past bullshit propaganda from google grin , Wipe your drool and be careful you will have a heart attack at 12 years old . grin

peace and love , shaloom

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Government To Create A Military Base In Ghana / Recent Picture Of Trump And His Workers From Mar-a-lago! / Signs That Hilary Clinton Will Win The Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.