Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? (3736 Views)

Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal Because Lover Refused To Kneel Down / Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend / Is It Necessary You Kneel Down Before You Propose To A Lady?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by makydebbie(f): 11:53am On Jun 22, 2017
Splinz:

Ahem! Abasi mbok!

Maky there wouldn't be need for that. When you go on your knees for me, I'd also go on mine and kiss your forehead.

Yeap... let us go to the asylum together.
Hahahahahaha grin cheesy
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Kondomatic(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
makydebbie:
During courtship, I'll remind him it's the 21st century and I'm not kneeling to greet him.
I'm not begging my man to kneel and propose to me but then kneeling to propose is significant.

Sorry but I'm allergic to alcohol. tongue
21st century does not change people's way of life.

This is 21st century, after God created the earth, the rest of the things in world are made in China yet most families in China use sticks to eat. Does it mean that they can produce enough spoons for their people?

You can either accept his culture or turn down his proposal.

I am ok with that but it has nothing to do with his ego or esteem, that's where you're wrong.

Kneeling to propose is significant because a man is doing it for a woman, reverse the role and you lots will say men are looking slaves not wives.

1 Like

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by glowshine(f): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
Only when I'm fulfilling my marital bed duties.(giving head) Lol grin grin that's it.
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
I think the wife has come to a point of realising that there is nothing to gain forming we are same level.
Many things women try to get out of their men could be gotten easily by submissiveness.
Wether we like it or not, being in charge sweets a man the way appreciating/toasting a woman sweets her. And a person who is flattered can hardly do but reciprocate in gesture.
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
Sorry, have a bad knee so kolewerk...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
ZarZar:
Nope.
Not even if he's a leprechaun?
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Not even if he's a leprechaun?

No, because we'll be eye-to-eye grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2017
ZarZar:

No, because we'll be eye-to-eye grin
Hahahahaha I was gonna say leprechauns have the power to grant all your wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
You know what baffles me? Many ladies who married late and had to do marathon fasting and prayers to get married, will still get married and forget how they visited church to church to get this spouse and start holding ground with him and forming feminism. Next thing they will see themselves back in those churches praying for their marriage not to scatter.
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
If she has the grace to kneel till death...more power to her elbow. .but then don't start what you can't finish. .What joy does the man get in seeing his wife on her knees daily?this is neither love nor submission

1 Like

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Amarabae(f): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
Nonsense, why will I do that? Is it a master-slave relationship? This is not submission but stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Cos he is my god or what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by softiebae: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
never!!! dats so archaic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Dicedpineapple(f): 12:11am On Jun 23, 2017
kneel daily ke! he should kukuma glue me to do floor so whenever he comes around I would always b on my knees.. I can Neva do dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 23, 2017
Nigerian men are too fragile. Their egos can be shattered like an egg. I don't believe any woman in America has ever kneeled for her husband, yet they are the greatest nation on earth. Can you imagine Michelle kneeling for Barack Obama? Melania kneeling for Donald Trump? Nigeria is a zoo. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jun 23, 2017
Kneel ko, summersault ni.

tongue
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
NotOfThis:
Kneel ko, summersault ni.

tongue

LOL. Kukuma kill somebody
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
uzobaby:
If she has the grace to kneel till death...more power to her elbow. .but then don't start what you can't finish. .What joy does the man get in seeing his wife on her knees daily?this is neither love nor submission
Hmmmm. Want to say it's slavery?
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
DatesAndMeals:

Hmmmm. Want to say it's slavery?
yeah
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by davillian(m): 1:54am On Jun 24, 2017
I won't allow my wife to do that because she is not a slave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by PrickGetSize(m): 9:13am On Jun 24, 2017
Tradition first before your personal opinion. The Yoruba tradition demands that a wife kneels before her husband to greet him; that a junior kneels before his/her senior when they greet; that subjects, old or young, bow before the baale or oba to greet him.

So, a typical Yoruba lady who observe cultural values would always kneel before her husband no matter the level of her education or exposure. Not that I support it but it's just what it is and you can't change it. I won't be surprised if some of you here blabbing kneel before ordinary boyfriends that always cheat on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2017
If I marry a man whose culture demands it, I will.
But if he thinks he can demand it to massage his ego, he's got another think coming.
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2017
PrickGetSize:
Tradition first before your personal opinion. The Yoruba tradition demands that a wife kneels before her husband to greet him; that a junior kneels before his/her senior when they greet; that subjects, old or young, bow before the baale or oba to greet him.

So, a typical Yoruba lady who observe cultural values would always kneel before her husband no matter the level of her education or exposure. Not that I support it but it's just what it is and you can't change it. I won't be surprised if some of you here blabbing kneel before ordinary boyfriends that always cheat on you.
LOL @ ordinarily boyfriend who always cheat on you.
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by partnerbiz4: 12:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
DatesAndMeals:
I know this is a controversial topic in this generation but from the views of the author of this true story, the pros outweighs the cons.
Mr and Mrs E have been married for a few years now. They are in the same peer group and were first friends before spouses so naturally the free mentality continued into marriage.
A few years down the line quarrels began brewing, the underlying issues pointed to the man feeling not respected enough. Mrs E tried all her ideas to keep the marriage happy. Tried to incorporate hugs after prayer time etc as not only was she an affectionate person, but she also read of how hugs and the likes builds connection in couples. This didn't last long as the man quickly grew tired of being forced to hug or peck daily.
One day at a church gathering, marriage was being discussed and an old lady suggested that wives should return to the old ways of kneeling for their husbands. Everyone laughed about it and soon forgot it.
One day months later during reconciliation talks after a quarrel, the husband voiced out that he acted the way he did cos he feels his wife challenges his authority.
The wife calmly joked that did he want her to kneel to greet him daily like the old woman in church suggested, because she could. He turned his face away blushing saying "I beg don't kneel for me oh". Well madam still did kneel and said good morning lovingly. The perplexed man held her in his arms and prayed for her. While giving her all the hugs she desired.
Since that day madam has kept kneeling to greet oga. And even when oga tends to leave the bed before her, she still finds him and says "you want to cheat me this morning abi?" as she kneels down to greet him and he pulls he up giving her a hug.
One morning last week, Mrs E went to bed angrily. In the morning, Mr E hugs her, she didn't respond well. After a few minutes he says "won't u greet me this morning?" She rolls over, kneels and greets him though still mad at him. Then it dawned on her that her husband had begun looking forward to her morning greetings and she smiled.
Needless to say their relationship has take a new dimension of intimacy. You may say she will soon get tired of this ritual, but according to Mrs E she says she even looks forward to mornings just to greet her husband.

Please contact me through the no in my signature.
Can't access pm .
Re: Can You Kneel Down To Greet Your Husband Daily? by kyutepanda(f): 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
lol why won't i when i be spoilt brat?? ehn i mean spoilt brat at least i suppose get wetin husbie go dey consider iffa misbehave.....on a serious note why won't i when i slide from bed every morning to go on my knees and say good morning to mam n dad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is It So HARD For A Nigerian Girl To Love A Nice Guy? / Lady Gets Astonished Replies After A Reasonable Comment(graphic Photos) / Read 18+ Romantic Love Stories With Exclusive Sex Scenes On Mr Awesome's Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.