Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,298 members, 7,829,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality (23760 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / EndSARS: Donald Duke On Looting In Calabar, 'When Human Being Steals Toilet' / Edwin Clark Slams Donald Trump For Describing Buhari As 'Lifeless' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by newsynews: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
Female Presidential aspirant, Eunice Atuejide has slammed a former Cross Rivers state governor, Donald Duke, for distancing himself from a comment he made concerning homosexuality.

In an interview with Laila and Falz, Donald Duke said

“I don’t understand the emotional feelings a gay person would have toward someone of their sexuality. I don’t understand it. But I would not criminalise them. I would ensure that they have the protection of the law. But if they want to exhibit their sexuality, then that’s an affront on the current norms of society.”

After receiving backlash from many Nigerians who took his comment to mean he might rescind the law criminalizing homosexuality if elected into office, Duke released a statement yesterday saying 'Homosexuality is a crime in Nigeria and ought to remain so'.

Reacting to Donald Duke's clarification, Eunice Atuejide expressed her disappointment at the former governor for not taking a firm stance against the anti-gay law.

Read what she wrote below

You see ehn, when I watched Donald Duke with Folarin 'Falz' Falana and Laila Johnson-Salami on @onthecouchnaija I was so proud of him. Today, I feel awfully ashamed of him.

In fact, the only area he actually made sense while on the couch was when he discussed criminalising homosexuality in Nigeria. I drew strength from his views, and felt more confident about my approach to the topic.

Today, when I saw his retraction, I lost the little respect I had started to develop for the man - Donald Duke.

Dear Donald Duke we must state our opinions clearly, and when we have done so, we must stand by them no matter whose oxes are gored!

How else do you Mr. Donald Duke hope to assure the electorates that your word is your bond?! ?

Homosexuality may be immoral, unacceptable, embarrassing etc, but it is not a crime!

Nobody gets hurt when two or more fully consenting adults indulge in same sex activities. We can criminalise public displays, but certainly not whatever fully consenting adults are doing in the privacy of their homes, offices, hotels etc.

They are HUMANS. And EVERY human being has a fundamental right to the protection of their privacy.

Let's please read or re-read the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We are ALL equal under the laws of this land because we are HUMANS!

And all laws in Nigeria which contravene the Constitution are null and void to the extent of that contradiction.

Prison because one is homosexual runs foul of our Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act and our Constitution. Shikena!

#ANigeria4All

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/09/homosexuality-eunice-atuejide-donald-duke/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by gaby(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2018
Opportunity for an uppercut from an opponent and to shine under Donald's gaffe.

This lady seems to be the only smart politician among the long array of pretenders to the throne, who follows the news and patiently waits to take advantage of an opponent's suicidal misnomer, which is clearly plentiful to the discerning.

Well done madam.

Enjoy my siggy guys...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by BruncleZuma: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/d83626e7031b78c1fde67ccedc43ec01/tenor.gif[/img]

Dear madam Eunice...this is a slam

FYI Nigeria is a conservative Nation...his comments are well founded but misguided.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Administration1: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
make she go sleep

15 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by tribalistseun: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
This confused ones don dey quarrel already

4 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
We need manifestos not insult

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
:
undecided
Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2018
I used to think Donald Duke was smarter than this. It's one thing to be anti-gay and it's totally a different thing to criminalize it.

But my mind is telling me that he doesn't actually believe in what he said but playing on the psyche of Nigeria who will welcome his comment. I remember how Nigerians praised Goodluck Jonathan when he criminalized it like it was the single thing holding the country back.

23 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by raumdeuter: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2018
Another confused aspirant

Is he from PDP? Cos na dem confuse pass

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by SEONaijaExpert: 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
Let the slamming begin......

Confused people!

This is how the youths are getting ready to be President

PMB till 2023

3 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by thegoodone1234(m): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
okay. next?
Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Rickyuzzy(f): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bzn
Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Rickyuzzy(f): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
Politicians in Nigeria are not principled, your values most rise above hate, party, backlash or whatever. If you stand for this, kindly state it clearly or otherwise, not saying one thing on tv and after there is a backlash, you say something else. Now tell.me, how does one trust you.

Personally I am all about human rights, everyone should be treated equally, you cannot leave bobrisky to be doing his thing and then you see kids who have no power because its an all boys party or whatever, you publicly shame them to prove some stupid point. In Nigeria we run an aristocratic government. Where the rich is above the law, and the common man does not even have the law to.protect him. This is wrong. We must understand that we are all human beings first no matter your religion, culture, sexual orientation, tribe, social class. Everyone should be treated with the dignity of a human. Nigeria is a signatory to the human rights declaration of 1948 and we should uphold it. No one should be treated like an animal. If there is any accusation. Let investigation and court process take place and not public shaming and disgrace. We handle issues the wrong way in this country. As far as you are a nigerian you must be accorded your right no matter the group you associate with. Nawa for this country sef!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by ChiefAzubuike(f): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
Eunice Atuejide for 2019.

8 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Afam4eva(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
raumdeuter:
Another confused aspirant

Is he from PDP? Cos na dem confuse pass
I thought that after living in the states for decades, you will be a little bit more liberal. Hasn't America taught you anything?

3 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
It’s like some people in this country inherently have low IQs. Does she not know that the largest group of voters in this nation are those that live in the North and hold hardcore Muslim values? Does she even want to win? She has already shot herself in the foot with this stupid comment.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Millz404(m): 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
We no go still vote you

3 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Moseskito(m): 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
undecided
Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
Undiluted truth from an enlightened, well educated lady.

5 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
today Na Jux Sex Matter Dy Make Front Paqe. ........ OP what Is Happeninq nah??
Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by dominique(f): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
You can't keep going back and forth like a yoyo, no one is gonna take you seriously. D.Duke should not have retracted his statements so quick like that.

2 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
Donald Duke is 10 times better than her and 100 times than Bubu.

Which Governor sacked his friend, who was a Commissioner during his administration for buying Hummer SUV when money was released for projects? Answer: Donald Duke. And that is fighting corruption.

14 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by drealnamdy(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
Is anything wrong in standing firm against the gay thing....make she gerrout abeg....I guess she lost alrdy for even saying she is against criminalizing such gay act...nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by sacajawea: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
gaby:
Opportunity for an uppercut from an opponent and to shine under Donald's gaffe.

This lady seems to be the only smart politician among the long array of pretenders to the throne, who follows the news and patiently waits to take advantage of an opponent's suicidal misnomer, which is clearly plentiful to the discerning.

Well done madam.

Enjoy my siggy guys...
True but she would never win
Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by sanpipita(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
Bolowolowo:
It’s like some people in this country inherently have low IQs. Does she not know that the largest group of voters in this nation are those that live in the North and hold hardcore Muslim values? Does she even want to win? She has already shot herself in the foot with this stupid comment.

What values are you talking about here, same north that's hotbed of homosexual activities? if not for hypocrisy people like her won't have issues winning northern votes based on her homosexuality stand.

12 Likes

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Klinee: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
Donald Duke is fooolish, that man suppose to be in jail by now, silly man.

But who is this idiootic lesbian woman? Where is that mumu from?
I don't think that lesbian woman reside here in Nigeria.
How can she say gayism is not a crime, imagine! Something that is boldly written and criminalized in Nigeria Constitution is not a crime? God help us in this country!!
Silly lesbian fooolish lesbian goaaaat!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by Idrismusty97(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
She has finally secured her JAMB votes. Congrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by eghuan1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
Be gay, but don't come near me. What's difficult there?

1 Like

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by gaby(m): 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
sacajawea:

True but she would never win

Ofcourse, that is like saying tomorrow will surely come. Universal truth that is...
Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by KayceeBanks: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
I'd rather PMB till 2087 than for youths to become President with gay initiatives.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by milemimi93(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
Eunice and Duke are failures.

Someone close to them should remind them please.

Sai Baba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality by lawrence35(m): 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
The thing paining my belle is that this pple will not even win anything and they have started throwing insults.

We need pple of character, you may not agree with something, you must'nt come out and voice it.

Enjoy discounted prices as you make money with dropshipping this season. It will been black Friday soon, start now.

See my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC: Female Minister Laundered $37 Million Through Property Deal / Reno Omokri Mocks Bashir Ahmad For Celebrating "Buharism" As A Political Term / Nigeria To Address Security Issues That Led To Visa Restrictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.