Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,634 members, 7,854,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? (40129 Views)

Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Do Business At Tradefair Complex / The Corner Piece Uncompleted Duplex At Meiran, Lagos Is Now Going For N12m. / Which Part Of Lagos Is Devoid Of Flooding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by haibe(m): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

Lol. i love you bro. I love your variance in perspectives. However, everything is considered in my observations. I'm working so this is distracting me. but since you're asking... I get a cut on the island for 500naira...the light is 18hours... the average barber cuts ten people daily..that's 150k, feul motnhly...20k...no association or whatsover... give or take... the barbers i have around me make 150k... the average keke driver make around 150k minimum monthly whether they take break during hot weather or not.. Now the guy that works in an office in V.I. earns say 100k per month...transport consumes like 25k monthly... cost for looking good to blend in monthly...5k, rechangre card inclusive... miscelleanous 5..approximately 35k per month ends up with 65k -ish monthly.. i lie? this isn't better than driving keke or giving hair cut or running a stylist..oh..when i managed my sister'smini mart i made 40k per day on sales in just a tiny estate.... 160k monthly... she just sat down and was getting fat... grin

Lol nice. Let me leave this talk because u are busy.. but trust me that 40k is just revenue, not the net profit on that product.. I get your point tho.. one love!
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
haibe:

Lol nice. Let me leave this talk because u are busy

busy ke.. after i just switched on the inverter.. oya o.. talk... i'm here till tomorrow..odola kile to mo.
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by justmenoni: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mushin
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
justmenoni:
Mushin

grin grin grin grin Mafoluku ni... tabi Aguda...Lol..Mushin ko..Olosha ni
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by haibe(m): 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

busy ke.. after i just switched on the inverter.. oya o.. talk... i'm here till tomorrow..odola kile to mo.

Ok lets do a bit of analysis.

You pay rent, buy fuel, service your gen, you buy equipments (clipper, AC, TV, fan, chair..etc), you pay PHCN for electricity.. etc

Am i right?
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
haibe:

Lol nice. Let me leave this talk because u are busy.. but trust me that 40k is just revenue, not the net profit on that product.. I get your point tho.. one love!

By the way i've been longing to know cause i've seen quite a few folks work at V.I. and stay at Ikorodu...please help meresolve this internal crisis..the average low level staff in V.I. won't earn more than 100k nah bros..am i wrong ?
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
haibe:

Ok lets do a bit of analysis.

You pay rent, buy fuel, service your gen, you buy equipments (clipper, AC, TV, fan, chair..etc), you pay PHCN for electricity.. etc

Am i right?

I'm a stay at home.. I don't use gen... I don't buy or service feul...i 'm on solar...light is regular round the clock.. so let's do the maths based on a guy with my specs..
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by VickyRotex(f): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

Nice one..dunno worry i will have it playing from the bridge when next yu visit our domain..just lookout for the speakers i will mount on the bridge before your arrivall......Peace..... Sultan of Ajah

Hehehehehe! grin Thank you Sultan of Ajah!
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Hehehehehe! grin Thank you Sultan of Ajah!

the obirikpe 1 & the progenitor of the olumegbon dynasty...
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by VickyRotex(f): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

Ogbono soup mixed with ila... so the lies will draw well like Lai Mohammed's lies.... cheesy grin wink

lol. Abajo ti iro yen fi yo gan! Epele ti yin o.
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol. Abajo ti iro yen fi yo gan! Epele ti yin o.

Rara o... Epele tiya loye ka so... Sho wayi to yen ni ?
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by VickyRotex(f): 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

the obirikpe 1 & the progenitor of the olumegbon dynasty...

Orishirishi. Afi Progenitor na.

connectpoint:

Rara o... Epele tiya loye ka so... Sho wayi to yen ni ?

Eduro na, winsh language is this?
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Orishirishi. Afi Progenitor na.

Eduro na, winsh language is this?

means sorry o.. you were supposed to say sorry for us not sorry for you... but wait a minute was the lie that hilarious... that's what i said...Ma
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by vannessa7(f): 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
[quote author=connectpoint post=57888281]

Send me a mail. I have many folks in my team on the forum[/quote
please I've sent you a mail, I'm really interested,
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by dokiOloye(m): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
adetayo234:

You are not only a kid, but you are also a dead brain. If not, you will know it is stupid of you to abuse your hosts for any reason.
U ppl keep shouting one Nigeria with one side of d mouth,yet U also refer to your fellow countrymen as visitors?
Which one we go follow?
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by haibe(m): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

By the way i've been longing to know cause i've seen quite a few folks work at V.I. and stay at Ikorodu...please help meresolve this internal crisis..the average low level staff in V.I. won't earn more than 100k nah bros..am i wrong ?
most times people that work for low pay are typically in their career investment phase where money doesn't matter as much as the experiences they intend to gather. You will hardly find someone (that cares just about the money) working in such a far place from his home for 100k or below.
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by VickyRotex(f): 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

means sorry o.. you were supposed to say sorry for us not sorry for you... but wait a minute was the lie that hilarious... that's what i said...Ma

Oh "epele tiya" that's a dialect! I get now. "Sho wa yi toyen" Oyi jube lo Sir! Eyin ni kan tan, title medogun!
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Oh "epele tiya" that's a dialect! I get now. "Sho wa yi toyen" Oyi jube lo Sir! Eyin ni kan tan, title medogun!

yu nid to be coached a bit in yoruba o.. dunno worry i'll send Mr. Fadipe over to you..
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by haibe(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

I'm a stay at home.. I don't use gen... I don't buy or service feul...i 'm on solar...light is regular round the clock.. so let's do the maths based on a guy with my specs..
u planted the solar yourself without any cost? What do u mean by you are a stay at home?
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by pacespot(m): 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
keeping note
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
haibe:
most times people that work for low pay are typically in their career investment phase where money doesn't matter as much as the experiences they intend to gather. You will hardly find someone (that cares just about the money) working in such a far place from his home for 100k or below.

I concur about the experiences thing, but many times some of these folks overstay and the experiences entrap them, till they get fired, can't move forward can't move back, they simply oscillate around their stalled positions...that's true o but Nigeria has thrown virtues out the window...I watched my dad served as a senoir staff in Firstbank for over 32years and i'vetold myself i'ld rather serve myself than another with this level of dedication you care about cause to me organizations are too self-centered and don't care about thepeople that help built it up...But i can't do such for less than 200k per month o...

1 Like

Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
haibe:
u planted the solar yourself without any cost? What do u mean by you are a stay at home?

I configured my solar power n bought it based on my power consumption..Solar is everywhere now..it's common now....not a secret...
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by VickyRotex(f): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

yu nid to be coached a bit in yoruba o.. dunno worry i'll send Mr. Fadipe over to you..

hahahaha! See who says I need to be coached! cheesy If I hear! Talawon, Mr. Fadipe?
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

hahahaha! See who says I need to be coached! cheesy If I hear! Talawon, Mr. Fadipe?

bere lowo awon Mr. Fasuwon... wan ma fi to e leti...
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by iamdapsyj(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
Acidosis:
OP said he needs a serene service-based apartment/environment with intelligent folks and all he has is N200k for mini flat and some folks are mentioning Ikeja, Surulere, etc.

@OP, I have minimal idea on how tenancy fees work in many part of Lag, but I don't think you can get a good place with your budget. Truth is N200,000 doesn't sound like a budget that will meet many of the suggested areas on this thread.

I don't know the nature of your work-at-home job, but if it has anything to do with writing, then you shouldn't be bothered about your neighbour's IQ. Writers don't have time for those neighbourhood gossip and eavesdropping. It is best to keep your job discreet and avoid any form of distraction as much as possible.

I've been working at home for 4+ years, and my biggest challenge is Electricity, not my neighbor's IQ.

I followed the comments on this thread religiously and this is the most intelligent way of answering the op's query. Chop knuckle

2 Likes

Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by VickyRotex(f): 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

bere lowo awon Mr. Fasuwon... wan ma fi to e leti...

Otie ti da be! Ma bi Mr. Faleti kpa kpa!
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by khattab008: 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
connectpoint:

Gbagada aint cheap o.. because of the axis... 250-270k though

Thanks.
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Otie ti da be! Ma bi Mr. Faleti kpa kpa!

Oda be..asomo Mr. Faleti..Mr Sopitan na ma tele wan to ba tim bo.. chai.. if my igbo brothers catch me doing this ehn..Namdi Kanu may just evict me from the region... grin
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by justmenoni: 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
Olosha ko, ajina ni

connectpoint:

grin grin grin grin Mafoluku ni... tabi Aguda...Lol..Mushin ko..Olosha ni
Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2017
justmenoni:
Olosha ko, ajina ni

ehn ehn... Lawanson ni..

1 Like

Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by adetayo234: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
dokiOloye:
U ppl keep shouting one Nigeria with one side of d mouth,yet U also refer to your fellow countrymen as visitors?
Which one we go follow?

Who are the people shouting one Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Which Part Of Lagos Is The Best To Stay If You Have To Work From Home? by dokiOloye(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
adetayo234:

Who are the people shouting one Nigeria?
Sorry sir.
No vex sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fire @ Mikano Office, VI: Two Persons Confirmed Dead - Eyewitness (video) / Cost Of Cement And Blockwork (may 2021) / List Of Building Materials In Nigeria And The Price Qoutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.