Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. (1900 Views)

No Lady Should Get Married If She Is Not Ready For This One Thing... / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / She's 4 Years Older And Wants Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 11:06am On Jan 28, 2010
I am 23yrs,a 500 level student of medicine at uniport.dere is dis girl friend of mine who is insisting we do engagements nd get married.But i told her,i need more time 2 concentrate on my studies,but she still insist on marriage,e ma gbami lowo girl yi,i want u candid advice cos i am at my tee-toes.

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2010
Hey my nairalanders,dis is what is bothering me all dis while cos she is beginning 2 threaten me dat she is going 2 quit,but d point is i luv her,it is 2 early 4 us 2 part cos we have come a long way.

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by sexyLeamon(f): 11:11am On Jan 28, 2010
She probably feels that her biological clock is ticking. It is hard when you are seeing all of your friends getting married. However if you are not ready yet she needs to respect that. If you think that one day you will marry her and know that for sure, maybe a promise ring would help her calm down.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by sammyavu: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2010
sometimes when a girl see her mates getting married they feel worried,perharp she might have see something that makes her to be taking this decision.if u love her and u don't intent to lose her then just go head to engage her so that her mind would come down.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by sammyavu: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2010
uzoma okere be carefull this period cos all eyes on u 100m no be small cash to play with.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by sammyavu: 11:48am On Jan 28, 2010
pls am sorry for that post.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by hermosa(f): 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2010
sweetie, she isn't goin anywhere, ur in 500level studyin medicine, that means ur gonna b a doc right? trust me, she isn't goin anywhere. just give her a ring, and continue with ur studies. she'll be happy, at least for a year, grin grin
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hey guys,i appreciate thanks cos i no i can alws count on u nairalanders.d problem is my parents must not hear dat i gave a girl an engagement ring even wen i am not yet 2ru with my studies,u now c where my plight lies.dat is what i try 2 say 2 her but she seems adamant nd pretend not 2 understand.What do u guys now suggest i do but erase dat engagement ring.

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by sexyLeamon(f): 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2010
before we suggest anything, why are your parents against the engagement?
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2010
Like i said my parents are strict nd discipline.dey have alws tell me even b4 i got admitted dat my studies first b4 any serious involvement with ladies.U can now c it is insane 2 give her an engagement ring.

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by charles316: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
why are these women so desperate to get married?2 are presently on my neck for that.god help us o

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 1:07pm On Jan 28, 2010
I dont rily know my they want marriage when d time is not right.I have try 2 explain 2 her dat i luv her nd will never leave her.As if dat is not enough assurance a guy can give his girl.I just hope she understand cos if i lose her,i hope i can live with it.

2 Likes

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by sirabbey(m): 1:18pm On Jan 28, 2010
Commitments, moreso marital commitments should never be coerced but lovingly and carefully undertaken. She has no right to force you into engagement or give ultimatum for you to marry her. I hate to say this but women are like Cars/Computers better & superior models are churned out yearly, so before you choose your lifetime ride, do your homework very well because unlike Cars/Computers it will be insane/improper of you to want to upgrade or change models yearly.
By the way get her KSA song "If you love me, you will wait for me" her frayed nerves might just be soothed cheesy grin.

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hey u have spoken well,but all the same thanks 4 ur wounderful advice,dat was thoughtful of u,i just hope she excempt me 4rm her threat nd understand what i am facing now.

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by agabaI23(m): 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2010
OP you dey read medicine so? Cool down de correct your grammer man before you carry that kain haste enter theatre. You go wound oo.

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Godalone(m): 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
agabaI23:

OP you dey read medicine so? Cool down de correct your grammer man before you carry that kain haste enter theatre. You go wound oo.
lol
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 9:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hey guy,i will not tolerate dat derogatory words 4rm u.If u would not share your ideas about d issue while are u now insulting me.U no sumtin big mouth,it is not ur fault,i tink i will take d blame.My candid advice 2 u is dat u should watch dat mouth we dey run like tap.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 10:26am On Jan 29, 2010
Hey guy,i apologise 4 being 2 harsh but u should be careful when it comes 2 addressing people rather than insulting them.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by ReachRich(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
U say u are 23.I guess ur gf will be less.That means she is still young & can still wait till u finish school.My advice:convince her to wait 4 u to graduate.Probably by the time u r doing ur youth service or housemanship(dependind on which one comes first)u can then propose.Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by agabaI23(m): 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2010
Udiculus:

Hey guy,i apologise 4 being 2 harsh but u should be careful when it comes 2 addressing people rather than insulting them.
You were not harsh buddy. You were only spewing bollocks. I wonder how you passed your UME English. I meant to say your English is poor and I was doing it nicely but you did not get my drift. That is too poor for a 5th year medical student!

Medicine with tears?
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by TemiladeE1(f): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2010
I can't imagine a pretty girl dying to marry a poor 23 yrs old undergraduate in a country without a free child benefit undecided
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2010
Tell her how you feel, explain to her that although you love her and want to marry her that you are just not ready and
its nothing to do with her. Marraige is not ownership either, its a commitment that two people in love make! I believe it have to
be taken carefully with caution consideration
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by gabriel4u(m): 3:54pm On Jan 29, 2010
Temilade£:

I can't imagine a pretty girl dying to marry a poor 23 yrs old undergraduate in a country without a free child benefit undecided

most you seduce?

agabaI23:

You were not harsh buddy. You were only spewing bollocks. I wonder how you passed your UME English. I meant to say your English is poor and I was doing it nicely but you did not get my drift. That is too poor for a 5th year medical student!

You are just a omelet, sorry to say, u r suffering from English language, the young man ask for advice not insult, big municipal of fools and idiot.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by TemiladeE1(f): 3:56pm On Jan 29, 2010
most you seduce?

No Comment! Lean & Hungry Looking Guy :
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by gabriel4u(m): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2010
Temilade£:

most you seduce?

No Comment! Lean & Hungry Looking Guy :

I know you have a throb problem, better go and fine solution grin grin

@poster
You don't have to allow a gal to force you into what you've not prepare for.though i understand you love her.But i suggest, try call some1 in of your relative to help you explain more better to her, hope she will understand your love for her, but just too early for engagement. Good luck
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by agabaI23(m): 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
gabriel4u:

most you seduce?

You are just a omelet, sorry to say, u r suffering from English language, the young man ask for advice not insult, big municipal of fools and idiot.
Who be this one? Abeg pass!
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2010
Thanks 2 u all dat contributed,i rily appreciate all of advice.I have told u early dat my parent are strict,even if i talk 2 my relative about the issue dey will all take side with my parents,she is d only i can talk 2 4 now nd she is making it difficult 4 me,anyway,thanks 2 u guys n ladies out dere dat contributed.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2010
Dis is 2 u all dat contributed 2 d issue.Either u r a guy or a lady,if u r using a symbian fone like N-series nd u want 2 settings 4 operamini4.2,just reply me on dat post with ur email.dont worry,i will send d settings 2 ur mail box nd u will start accessing d net 4 free.Note,i am doing it 4 free.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
It is real,the first reply i get will determine d first 2 get d settings.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by chidipupay(m): 7:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
EHH
before you can promise a girl a life time opportunity?(marriage) you have to consider some certain issue like
1. Are both of you medically fit. (genotype)
2. Your family and kins, would they really welcome her?
3.her family and kins, would they really accept u as thier son-inlaw
4. Will I be able to tolerate her.
I guess from ur post everything about her body anatomy is taken care off- beside has she finished school?
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by Udiculus(m): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2010
Hey chidi,thanks 4 d directives nd reliable information u stated.about d girls studies,she is still a student.She study banking nd finance in ibadan,she is a 400 level student dat is she is now in her final year.
Re: Wants Marriage,but Am Not Ready. by vfocus(f): 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2010
I have situation where I really wanna be with someone, but thing is we haven't met yet, I'm not askin for his proposal or anything, just to know where i stand. He lives in Nigeria, and i don't. He says he feels same way, but didn't wanna commit cos distance, cos we live thousands of miles apart, and he said he didn't wanna hurt me, cos Nigeria is such different culture to here (Northern Ireland). He saw it as impossible thing cos of distance etc, I asked him had he prayed about it, he said no, cos he saw it as impossible, then he said he would. Cos i told him i haven't felt like this before about anyone, ever, when its he felt the same way. Then,that week, he was at a service, the message was about mark 9 v 23 "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth" so to me the message was that it s not impossible, with God.

Anyway, that was December, and hadn't really still talked about it, so I was kinda wanting to know what was goin on, in January. He said he understands me, but he doesn't know how he'll care for me there, but I should visit in the summer when I'm off, to see if I can survive it, before making commitments. SO fair enough, since we haven't met, and well, thats what I wanted too. But now that was a couple of weeks ago, and I feel like I'm always the one who brings it up, the thing is if I'm going there, i need to get prepared, cos of visa's, vaccinations, flights etc that need to be done. I just don't wanna seem too pushy and bring it up again.

Any advice?? Should I just try to go by myself, I'd be interested in volunteering in an orphanage or something, cos I love kids, and i want to do that anyway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Being Ditched: How do you react? / Is She A Marriage Material? / 50 Relationship Questions To Test Your Compatibility.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.