Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,428 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" (21487 Views)

Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office / Okoi Obono-Obla's Nephew Killed In A Cult War In Cross River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Dreambeat: 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Those who make PEACEFUL change difficult,make VIOLENT change inevitable.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Sunshineace(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
fine man without sense, d constitution is man made nd is open to changes. Na by force to remain with Nigeria. I tire oo

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Megabig: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
On why Arewa youths who recently gave the Igbo a quit notice has not been arrested even when their offence is similar to that of the IPOB leader, he said, “Which of the offences is worse? Is it the one that wants a separate state for itself and breaking away from the country or the one that gave the quit notice and says some people should leave a part of the country?

When i read the part stated above,i noticed he is a very stupid idiot....He made mention of freedom of expression and also contradicted himself...A useless miscreant in power

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
Aufbauh:
That's why i've always advised those Ipob miscreants fooling after one psychopath to stop wasting their youthfulness pursuing pathetic aimless and untenable dream.

They should rather channel their profound energy to meaningful and realistic goal instead of giving solidity to whirlwind..

But If they want to continue their exercise , they at liberty after all the Catalonia has been agitating for a secession for the past 300 years.

If whichever new nation or nations that will crop up from nigeria come in the next 500 years, then it didn't come late.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by jrusky(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
When reminded that even though it is not in the country’s constitution, the issue of referendum has become an international legal instrument for self-determination groups to realise their dream, Obono-obla said “The international law does not take precedence over the Nigerian constitution. If you want to ratify any treaty or international convention, the National Assembly has to approve it. You cannot begin to use the international law to deal with municipal, local and national issues. Let them stop wasting their time. There is nothing like that. The agitators are just wasting their time and that is why I am saying that they are just expressing their right to the freedom of expression.”

Where are they hope you are not all blind as the bloody illiterate Kanu lack good education let those among you read that bolded statement above to him.

No need anybody telling them a fly that will surely die must enter grave with the dead body for sure. No one is given any damn referendum it won't stand if anyone of them feels he or she is tired of Nigeria biko nwanne pack your bags and leave after all your confusion no know boundary by calling yourself a bloody Jew you may tell the Jew authority to create a state for you in Jerusalem or in Bethlehem nice one but as far this struggle is concern Kanu is not the one to lead in fact as I said yesterday when I met his father I don't even see any seroius resemblance so I'm not even sure that man is his real father because Kanu look albino a lot he is likely an alien in that land that is why he want war so all can be destroy.

One useless idiot telling me not to go to my office (I mean my own office I laboured to build) or not to open my business or not to vote, thunder fire you *Ibu Onye* to tell me that shit thunder fire you Kanu. I'm really angry with this goat I swear who the hell is he? He failed and want everybody to fail and loose everything I swear this boy is an alien in Igboland, DNA must be done on him to ascertain where he actually originated from.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by slowice(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
On why Arewa youths who recently gave the Igbo a quit notice has not been arrested even when their offence is similar to that of the IPOB leader, he said, “Which of the offences is worse? Is it the one that wants a separate state for itself and breaking away from the country or the one that gave the quit notice and says some people should leave a part of the country?”

This is the part that got me worried for Nigeria.. Our politicians are the biggest problem we face today. This man is a dog n his stupidity is epic. No wonder fulani the herdsmen ve been murdering people carelessly n nobody in government ve the balls to call a spade what it is. This country is lost lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Adebowale89(m): 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
well said "you can't use international law to discourse the secession issues" I hope the elites and well educated in southeast can sensitize these people before they turned southeast to northeast

I expect igbos to develop igboland first and make it a reference of what they want Biafra to look like? most of African countries is suffering from a good and true leaders

enough of this noise, our youths should get back to work and quit constituting nonsense in our social environment

2 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by maisauki: 1:32pm On Jul 01, 2017
I think d federal government should allow dem to go at least they i.e Biafra have been developing other countries they will now hav a concerted effort to develop their own
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Paperwhite(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2017
Daplux4:
Oga how many bottles of beer did u take that makes u to disgrace ur self this way, u did not answer a single questions out of the questions u were asked. it is time to call a spade a spade because it becoming too much of North.
Offence that kept Nnamdi kanu for 18 months in kuje prison can not be compared with the quit notice given to Igbos living in the North.
yet some people like u will come and talk nonsense because it involves a Northerner.
the drums of war North sounds will do No one good.
If North thinks Nigeria will continue to be Master and slave's to next generation it is a lie
Nigeria must be Restrutured or we go separate ways.
Gbam! That is just it.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by kitaatita: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:
Becos Nigeria has already lost.

Nigeria held referendum and South West Cameroon left, Adamawa came.

Nigeria will hold referendum so Biafra can exit.

If Nigeria fails, the UN will do it for them.
Nigeria lost South West Cameroun because the referendum wasn't restricted to the area that desired to join Nigeria. It is same way IPOB is drawing Biafran map with Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River and Akwa Ibom. These states are going to vote NO and Biafra will definitely fail.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by EzeUche(m): 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
kitaatita:

Nigeria lost South West Cameroun because the referendum wasn't restricted to the area that desired to join Nigeria. It is same way IPOB is drawing Biafran map with Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River and Akwa Ibom. These states are going to vote NO and Biafra will definitely fail.

All these states hate Nigeria as well.

Only a Yoruba would think people East of River Niger are happy.

No one is smiling in the East.

4 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Rolly22(m): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2017
He sounds foolish Just as his name sounds
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by ogastone(m): 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
I am sorry that some people don't even read the handwriting on the wall. When Osibanjo or any other Yoruba person will not be at the top, Yoruba faction will start their own agitation. Everyone and every zone is aggrieved.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by exlinklodge: 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
u r sick
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by naijaboiy: 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
swintiney:
The political class seems not to know what to do. What I hear people agitate for is simply fairness in the distribution of resources and the rule of law.

All these issues present excellent opportunities for government to address the most important issues befalling this country presently. Nigeria is a multi-ethnic entity hence extreme caution must be taken while addressing issues such as these; from the angle I see things, I would summarize that the various groups are simply expressing fear of one another, and some also feel cheated, hence there are various gaps the government must work on immediately.

There are simple actions worth taking at this time that will make sense and restore confidence, they are;

1. Federal government should stop turning their eyes away from unlawful activities of the herds men and make firm pronouncements against them when necessary. This is evident in Benue, Enugu and other killings linked to Fulani herdsmen labelled a mere crises against the Mambilla massacre branded as genicide by the chief of Army staff; they are all genocide and the wrong body language from such a high military personality should be strongly discouraged.

2. Address every extra judicial killings carried out in form of religious extremism and ensure you prosecute offenders. This is evident in the killings of a Deeper Life pastor's wife in Kano in the name of religious blasphemy in which the police ended up freeing the killers. Government turn their eyes from many other killings of this manner
I am yet to see any legitimate religion that supports spilling of blood, even Islam would not support such hence the perpetrators should not have been dealt with as murderers instead of hiding under Islam to perpetrate such evil.
The Police has repeatedly displayed weakness when it comes to handling sensitive issues of this magnitude which would likely affect the unity of this country as they centre around both tribal and ethnic lines and hence perpetrators should have been dealt with without compromise.

3.Warn all parties especially Nnamdi Kanu and Arewa youth leaders and give clear boundaries they shouldn't​ cross; as soon as any of them cross such boundaries, their movement should be restricted, I would suggest house arrest as issues are extremely sensitive right now. For Nnamdi Kanu, as soon as he crosses his lines specified by his bail and other Conditions which should include banning him from all Biafran activities and use of the logo, he should be confined to certain conditions of freedom as he is a serious threat to national security. Any further excesses should get him back to jail.
Stop using the law against personal enemies, instead focus on strengthening the law and making it more useful in addressing contemporary issues with the help of necessary arms of government

4. Stop backdoor employment into government agencies such as CBN, etc. as every citizen of this country is an equal stakeholder of the Nigerian project, don't assign consequences of economic hardship to ordinary Nigerians and then allocate opportunities and previleges to friends and associates.

It is clear that government's​ failure to perform its core responsibilities and those mentioned above in the past is the reason why they are afraid of carrying out any disciplinary action against IPOB and Arewa youths, as they are afraid of violence of a magnitude they won't be able to handle.

The youths should avoid every activity that would encourage violence and division of Nigeria, according to the Vice President, Wars don't end these days and it is true. Any country that gets into war attracts ISIS, Nigeria is a serious potential and we all know what that means. Let's use our youthfulness, social media and voters card to steer aright.

These are my opinions.

These are wonderful points especially what you said about wars. It will be very difficult for any country that gets into war now to resolve it easily.

Many things are involved these days and if Nigeria gets into another civil war it's going to degenerate into so many other fractions. I think we should take a cue from Syria and Libya so we don't suffer the same fate.

Sadly many Nigerians think that it's very impossible for another war outbreak but it just starts like this gradually and before you know the whole matter will sky rocket. Few years ago they were burning churches now they are asking a whole ethnic group to leave the north.

I don't even know if we need prayers or a miracle. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Ishilove: 1:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:

Which yeye constitution?

Can one man sit in his house and write constitution for a country with many nations?

Nigeria constitution is an illegal document. It will bow to the UN an Internatioanal Law.

For as long as Nigeria try to avoid referendum, knowing fully well the result will not be in their favour, they will continue to face international disgrace such as election boycott and many more to come.

For many years they did not only marginalise Igbo politically but also economically.

We have no deep seaport in the whole SS/SE, no International Airport, yet it is our resources they use to build Lagos and Abuja.

Now they cannot persuade the eastern electorate to vote in favour of Nigeria, so dey are coming with flimsy excuses.
Stop lumping SS into the Biafran delusion. We are not interested

2 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by EzeUche(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ishilove:

Actually some of us are...

3 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Are you an illiterate

The man says that the laws of the country forbids secession

Which proves that most of asking the Igbos to go to the National Assembly are political illiterates

It also proves that IPOB approach is the best since Nigeria don't want to abide by UN laws on Referendum

There are two immediate road. Both of them clear
1. [/b]Insert a referendum clause in the constitution and then include it as an election issue in 2019.[b] Caveat. I believe you need 2/3 of the state houses of assembly and the national assembly to agree on such inclusion.
2. [/b]Begin a war to exit Nigeria and hope that the UN will intervene to insist on a referendum.[b] Caveat. Many people will die everywhere.

There is another road.

3.[/b]Insist that your state governors produce a road map for development and hold them accountable to predetermined milestones.[b] Develop your area and pass laws to make it an economic destination of choice.

Oh and there is yet another road
4. [/b]Continue in this vein[b] and watch the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Then get to watch them clink glasses on a non tribal basis.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by femolii: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

Yoruba man, should you be in biafra thread? Why are some Yorubas so obsessed with biafra? There is a thread about oodua republic, but you will never make any contribution. Instead na biafra thread una go dey masturbate on top.
Na wa oo
Shut up.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Ijaya123: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
hammer6:
Becos Nigeria has already lost.

Nigeria held referendum and South West Cameroon left, Adamawa came.

Nigeria will hold referendum so Biafra can exit.

If Nigeria fails, the UN will do it for them.

Shallow minded and Gullible people abound here.
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Ishilove: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
EzeUche:

Actually some of us are...
You represent the vocal minority. We belong to the disinterested, non vocal majority.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by eodavids(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
I do not find it convenient to keep quiet when lies are being told to millions of people at once.

This obla man may be right that agitators are wasting time as the Nigerian constitution did not recognize referendum.....

The lies however is in the saying that Biafran agitation started after Buhari won the 2015 election.

Come on Obla, so many agitators like Uwazuruike and co have been agitating since Abacha regime.
Even KANU started his under Jonathan and insulted the Jonathanian government. It was the wisdom of that government that made kanu unpopular then.

It was when Baba came that he together with the media houses made Kanu popular.

Some one should help me correct the wrong impression being created by Mr. Obla

Where are Oga Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, ZombieHUNTER, Homeboiy et'al?

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by joinnow: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
victorvezx:

Unfortunately, he is not even a politician, he is a lawyer
the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Prosecution, Chief Okoi Obono-Obla has said. grin
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by EzeUche(m): 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ishilove:

You represent the vocal minority. We belong to the disinterested, non vocal majority.

Those of us who were raised in the East can discuss such issue than those who were raised outside the East.

I am sure you are writing this from Lagos or Abuja.

We from the East will decide our own matters.

2 Likes

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by NovusHomo(m): 2:13pm On Jul 01, 2017
kocvalour:
foolish man. so these are the kind of bastards advising the dullard..

chai... we are finished!!

Yes, you are finished, so is your dream of breaking Nigeria apart. The lawyer is correct in his assessment. IPOB needs only be reminded that no nation fights two civil wars and survives. They should be careful what they wish for. As things stand now, practically all other sections/ethnic groups do not sympathize with them. This is not 1967. If their agitation leads to another war, the consequence will bring great disaster their way. BE WARNED!

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by tefund(m): 2:16pm On Jul 01, 2017
[/quote]oblong,when the military government in nigeria took power and suspended the constitution did they need they need a constitution ?Any nigerian who opposes the restructuring of the country at this point in time is an enemy of the nigerian people and should be treated as such
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by Abagworo(m): 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
Thank God most people have realised it's PDP sponsoring it. It will end with an internal Igbo vs Igbo war or general massacre of Igbos across Nigeria as PDP is gradually withdrawing their support.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by letusbepieces: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
Ishilove:

Where are u from?
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by NovusHomo(m): 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
okosodo:
And he is a lawyer

Oh yes, he is a lawyer; not a stupid jobless young person who, led by a morally corrupt manipulator (Nnamdi Kanu), thinks the computer keyboard is a weapon for secession and war. If you disagree with his assessment, let us hear yours.

1 Like

Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by stancod(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
auntysimbiat:
hmmm... na xo
why same commet in every thread....u b big gurl nah
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by bobnatlo(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
Yea we hear. U don't talk/complain wen u in govt n chopping period.
Even as an igbo man I know very well that secession will largely not solve all the issues wt d s/east.
But surely we can't just remain the way we are structured. There will never b fairness n Justice Wt so much power n money in d center
Re: Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" by bobnatlo(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
So myb restructuring may do for now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' / Festus Keyamo Shades Yakubu Dogara Over Payslip / "Relocate To Kano" - Ganduje To Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.