Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) (36574 Views)

Asari Dokubo Surrounded By Soldiers In Rivers State (Video) / Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) / The Lagos Of Our Dreams: This Is What Lagos Will Be Like By 2025 - Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 12:35am On Jul 04, 2017
Ngozi123:
Why do you want me to stalk you so badly? I was asked to take a quick screenshot of something for someone and I did it. Take a look at the date in the screenshot if you don't believe me.

I will ask you again: why do you want me to stalk you so badly?
Girl, I do not want you to stalk me, but you had already started doing so without my asking. wink I merely brought this to your attention, in case you were unaware of it. Is anything wrong with that? Hehehehe...... cheesy I know who told you to take the screenshot. Don't defend yourself. She too appears to be obsessed with me, just like you are... undecided

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 04, 2017
Nonaira1:
That's a well known f2king fact.
Why do you think they destroy every attempt by any oil companies HQ that makes plan to move back to SS.

Lagos to me is the biggest leeches. If yoruba so believe that they solely made what it is as they claim, why is that rest of SW looks like a piece of sh1t whom the government have to treat like an IDP camp.

Let's test a theory, let every oil company HQ migrate back to wherever they drill their oil from. Close down every non yoruba companies in SW and have them return back to each region they hail from, then let's wait and see the progress of Lagos.
So that your people will kidnap all their workers abi?

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 12:45am On Jul 04, 2017
12inches1:
So that your people will kidnap all their workers abi?
Una no go kill person with laugh for here....! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 12:52am On Jul 04, 2017
TimeMod1:
A puppeteer just worked on you!. You're not even ashamed of yourself.
I no know say you sef see am! cheesy Let them continue causing confusion for themselves...!

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by oyatz(m): 12:57am On Jul 04, 2017
Its not a crime to have wealth from oil.

misano:

After your long reply U missed my point. Here is my point, his wealth still comes from oil. Like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by oyatz(m): 1:00am On Jul 04, 2017
Where did Infanyi Ubah makes his wealth? What of Capt Iheanacho?

misano:

Don't mind dat guy. Otedola pays tax right from oil money, Forte Oil. If his father was not a governor, Otedola would have been nothing. Read his story & U will see how politics & oil money made him, Dangote & Alakija what they are today.

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 1:01am On Jul 04, 2017
Ngozi123:
His Nupe and Igala people grin.

Don't mind that one, that's his modus operandi. To make encouraging comments to more overt anti-Igbo tribalists so that he himself won't be penalised for making hateful comments. Later, he'll claim that he doesn't hate Ndigbo.
Kathmandu:
I ll hit him at the right time. He is a nonetity without a place he can call his hometown. I was really sick seeing him being tossed around for a phantom nation.

That boy is a disgrace to his tribe
Ngozi123:
This might be why he's such an Igbo hater, perhaps he wants to prove himself to the resident anti-Igbo Yorubas here. He's our resident Igbo stalker undecided.

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Razorblades: 2:47am On Jul 04, 2017
Fearlez:
Lagos state earn revenues in seaports situated in her land in royalties, duties and indirect taxes

Even the Lekki Deal sea port that's undergoing, Lagos has 18% stake while the federal government represented by NPA has about 50%.

It is never compulsory to comment with tribal emotions overwhelming your cognitive abilities.

No be by force!

Chaii. See ignorance live in 3D. Smh

6 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Razorblades: 2:50am On Jul 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

No one was stalking you; I happened upon the thread and saw that you were up to your usual antics. The only reason I didn't say anything then was because it was a thread about Yoruba people and so had nothing to do with me. Unlike you, I try to not get involved in other people's business.

Your hatred towards Ndigbo is legendary; it's even gotten to the point where almost every Igbo poster that's been on here for longer than a month knows that you are an Igbo hater. It's nice that you feel that me giving you a bit of attention is making you feel important- I guess I have that affect on some people.

Shutup and stop playing this usual victim card. Everything is hate to you villagers, you hate people and want love in return. You hate Yoruba and Hausa people but still calling someone else Iboe hater, just get lost and stop disgracing yourself. Mschew

11 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 3:05am On Jul 04, 2017
oyatz:
Where did Infanyi Ubah makes his wealth? What of Capt Iheanacho?
You dey mind dem? sad Is it not the same Ifeanyi Ubah that owns Capital Oil branded petrol stations, including a private petroleum products storage depot, and is heavily indebted to various banks as well as the NNPC? sad Even Capt Iheanacho of Integrated Oil & Gas, is currently building a refinery off the coast of Lagos state at Tomaro Island of Tarkwa Bay. He had earlier said it would be completed by end of 2016, but work is still ongoing at the site. Why didn't he build it in the SE or the SS? shocked

All the people accusing Lagos of stealing their assets, why didn't they ask Iheanacho and Ifeanyi Ubah why they chose Lagos as an investment destination? Why didn't the same people ask where Ubah & Iheanacho got their money from? Was it from political or govt patronage like they alleged Otedola got his own, or how?

Integrated Oil and Gas Ltd. on Saturday, said its $116 million dollars modular refinery would come on stream before the end of 2016.

Group Managing Director of the company, Mr Anthony Iheanacho, told newsmen in Lagos that the company had been given provisional licence to commence preliminary work for a 20,000-barrel capacity modular refinery. Iheanacho, who conducted the newsmen on tour of site of the proposed refinery at Tomaro Island Port, off Takwa Bay, Lagos, said that the preliminary approval was received from the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR).

He said that work had commenced on the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and other necessary requirements to facilitate the final approval for the refinery.He said that funds for the project would be sourced from local and foreign financial institutions Iheanacho explained that the refinery would produce Automated Gas Oil (AGO) otherwise known as diesel, kerosene, export quality aviation fuel and fuel oil.According to him, the refinery does not have the capacity to produce Petroleum Motor Spirit (PMS) also known as petrol.

Tomaro Island with about 90 hectares is designed as one-stop shop which will comprise refinery, flour mill, ship repair yard, helipad site and resort centres. It will also create massive employment for our teeming youths. Crude would come to the refinery through vessels for refining,‘’ he said.
http://www.integratedoilandgas.com/integrated-oil-and-gas-116m-refinery-ready-2016-gmd/

If you look at privately owned petroleum product storage terminals that hold millions of litres of petroleum products, more than half of them are sited within Lagos, along the Apapa - Kirikiri axis. Other companies or industries are located in industrial areas such as Amuwo Odofin, Oshodi, Apapa, Ikeja, Ilupeju etc.

Do you know why? While other state govts were resting on their oars and chasing petty political shadows, about 10 -12 years ago Lagos state under Fashola started a massive drive to attract new businesses and investments, into the region. The old industrial estates created in the '60s and '70s were decaying and dwindling in size, value & production capacity, so they needed to find a way to revive them. Even Ogun state tapped into this vision, due to its' proximity to Lagos, and wooed some industries into their land, due to its more friendly investment policies. sad

Every year, Lagos hosts the Lagos State Economic Summit known as the Ehingbeti conference, where it assembles top multinational companies, industrialists, international financiers, bankers, engineering firms, investors, development & infrastructure experts etc., and markets itself to a global audience as the best place in Nigeria, to do business. undecided

They spend money upgrading & overhauling federal govt infrastructure & state-owned utilities, in a bid to ensure that at least, an environment that is somewhat conducive to do business, is created. How are the other states positioning themselves to the outside world, in order to get good investors? How are they carrying out their investment drives? Later, some people will come here, to offload their bad-belle vibes over the investments pouring into Lagos. Who is stopping them from attracting investment, and capital projects into their own region? shocked

7 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by YelloweWest: 3:06am On Jul 04, 2017
salford1:

Otedola alone probably pays more tax than all those congregation of spare part and okrika sellers littered all around dirty markets in lagos.

I am actually suprised you limited your claim to 50%. 99% would have been more appropriate grin. Evans people dem.
You are wrong o. Igbo play a vital role in lagos economy.

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by YelloweWest: 3:07am On Jul 04, 2017
deomelo:
Japan doesn't have oil or any mineral resources, but it's a major and economic power.

These touts and illiterates are sadly in our midst.

Does lagos state produce what Japan produces?
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 3:17am On Jul 04, 2017
Razorblades:
Shutup and stop playing this usual victim card. Everything is hate to you villagers, you hate people and want love in return. You hate Yoruba and Hausa people but still calling someone else Iboe hater, just get lost and stop disgracing yourself. Mschew
I no know say you sef see am! cheesy wink grin

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 3:21am On Jul 04, 2017
YelloweWest:
You are wrong o. Igbo play a vital role in lagos economy.
I agree. wink But for every Igbo man playing a role in the economy of Lagos, there are several other Yoruba, Hausa, Efik etc., businessmen also playing similar roles within the state economy. It is not restricted to just one tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Fearlez: 3:27am On Jul 04, 2017
Razorblades:

Chaii. See ignorance live in 3D. Smh
I thought you were going to counter that like a sane human and not using subterfuge like a bannaa-chewing hamadryas baboon.

If you don't know Lagos have indirect stakes in ports then your educational funds should have been used to setup pig farm to prevent wastage
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by deomelo: 3:30am On Jul 04, 2017
joeyfire:
Third Mainland Bridge. Connects Lagos Island to the mainland. 11.8km long with 8 lanes. It is the second longest bridge in Africa and was the longest until 1996.

It is part of the infrastructure that makes Lagos tick.

Built with oil money by IBB

And there was no bridge that connects the island to the mainland before oil and even before independence?

What about the onisha bridge in your village? Was it not built by the FG with oil money?

What about the airport in your enugu village? Was it not built with oil money and refurbished by jona with oil money?

Did the oil money built infrastructure put you on the same level with lagos?

FG left lagos decades ago and Lagos have made many gains since the, and this joker is talking about some bridge.

The LASG government have built so many bridges since, including the best bridge in Nigeria so how many have your own village leaders built on their own since independence? None. Even the common 2nd NB you've been begging and crying for is still a dream, but your useless leaders can not collectively build the small village bridge?

You unproductive and worthless salary only villages can not survive without oil money.

8 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by deomelo: 3:40am On Jul 04, 2017
YelloweWest:

Does lagos state produce what Japan produces?

They don't have to produce the same thing and all entities are all unique in their own different ways.

Lagos is the 5th largest economy in Africa, not because they produce electronics or make cars like Japan, but because they dominate non-oil commerce in Nigeria and West Africa from banking and finance to insurance, arts, and entertainment, ICT, advertisement, industrial and manufacturing, food and beverage, oil and gas and so on.

There's a reason why Lagos is the 5th Largest economy in Africa without oil, it means they produce goods and provide services. Use your common sense if you have any.

8 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by laudate: 3:52am On Jul 04, 2017
deomelo:
They don't have to produce the same thing and all entities are all unique in their own different ways.

Lagos is the 5th largest economy in Africa, not because they produce electronics or make cars like Japan, but because they dominate non-oil commerce in Nigeria and West Africa from banking and finance to insurance, arts, and entertainment, ICT, advertisement, industrial and manufacturing, food and beverage, oil and gas and so on.

There's a reason why Lagos is the 5th Largest economy in Africa without oil, it means they produce goods and provide services. Use your common sense if you have any.
Correct, sir! May wisdom never depart from your life. wink

8 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by ddeola: 3:59am On Jul 04, 2017
This man no know wetin e dey yarn. God has given us Lagos and there's nothing he can do about it. Na em build Lagos ? No wonder em no sabi em base again, now e dey claim Biafra

Alhaji Dokubo are you JEALOUS ? grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by davidif: 4:02am On Jul 04, 2017
salford1:

FYI. I and many others (my people) on here are for the balkanization of Nigeria, so oil companies moving their headquarters to wherever they like is the least of my or our concerns.

Wow!!!! Why is it that it's people who have never fought in a war are always the ones at te frontlines clamoring for war? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Probz(m): 4:16am On Jul 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Who started talking about whom in this thread first? Me or you? There's no point in me 'monitoring your posts all over Nairaland' as I usually find you secreting your venom in Igbo related threads anyway.

Arrant nonsense.

Like I said, who first started talking about whom in this thread? Me or you? The answer to this question should answer the bolded for you.
Just ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Probz(m): 4:19am On Jul 04, 2017
laudate:

Babe, people who vex so easily like you do are liable to develop hypertension at a young age, o. shocked Haven't you read the Surgeon-General's warning? And I thought you were a Christian? Which one is Amadioha inside this yah post again? May God have mercy on your soul! Oya, say Amen....
Your hebephrenic ramblings crack me up. You don't think it's creepy to call one random person babe, hm? Is that how you woowed nwanne nwanyi into bed?
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by desmond2pk: 4:20am On Jul 04, 2017
salford1:

Otedola alone probably pays more tax than all those congregation of spare part and okrika sellers littered all around dirty markets in lagos.

I am actually suprised you limited your claim to 50%. 99% would have been more appropriate grin. Evans people dem.
Otedola is a political millionaire. We have thousands of ibos to compare with him, don't compare him with okrika traders
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by abbeyfel: 4:32am On Jul 04, 2017
I think this guy was busy bursting pipelines when Lagos was surviving well without federal allocation when Obasanjo decided to withdraw it due to the new local governments created by Tinubu. Lagos prospered during this time and never even failed to pay workers salaries. So what is the meaning of what this criminal is saying??

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Nnwannsukka(m): 5:38am On Jul 04, 2017
salford1:

Otedolas pays more tax than who?
Please be asure of what you are saying, course anything you say wiuld be used against you.
40% of industries in Lagos are owned by the igbos or not even to talk of Private owend Business.
And if yiu are sure of what you are saying tell Amnode to let the Igbos Leave.
For Bleep sake

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by Nobody: 5:42am On Jul 04, 2017
victorDanladi:

then each of niger delta states would have received twice what lagos received with 13% derivatives,NDDC and Ministry of niger delta.You now see that what actually need is to shout your governors name not that of lagos or Afonjas.

13% derivation started a few years ago, it didn't start over 40 years ago.

I won't allow u derail my point - FOR OVER 40 YEARS, LAGOS STATE HAVE RECEIVED BILLIONS OF DOLLARS EVERY SINGLE MONTH FROM NIGER DELTA OIL PROCEEDS.
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by sheyinoni(m): 6:19am On Jul 04, 2017
legitnow:
Lagos, Abuja were all nothing before NigerDelta oil, made dem something.
U need history lesson young man.
Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by joeyfire(m): 6:20am On Jul 04, 2017
deomelo:

And there was no bridge that connects the island to the mainland before oil and even before independence?

What about the onisha bridge in your village? Was it not built by the FG with oil money?

What about the airport in your enugu village? Was it not built with oil money and refurbished by jona with oil money?

Did the oil money built infrastructure put you on the same level with lagos?

FG left lagos decades ago and Lagos have made many gains since the, and this joker is talking about some bridge.

The LASG government have built so many bridges since, including the best bridge in Nigeria so how many have your own village leaders built on their own since independence? None. Even the common 2nd NB you've been begging and crying for is still a dream, but your useless leaders can not collectively build the small village bridge?

You unproductive and worthless salary only villages can not survive without oil money.

The only bridge built before independence linking mainland to the island was the carter bridge built by the British in 1901 then dismantled after independence and rebuilt with oil money in the late 70s grin grin

The eko bridge was built by gowon with oil money grin

Murtala Muhammed Airport was built with oil money grin grin

Emmm smallie...the Niger bridge was built in 1965 when Nigeria was still an agrarian economy grin try harder next time

Murtala Muhammed Airport na oyel money. No come show me pedestrian bridge wey ambode commission. Show me one game changing thing that you built by yourselves

Do you know that Egbema in Imo state has a large rich oilfield but Imo airport was built through crowd funding (personal donations) in the second republic under Sam Mbakwe??

We no be mate oooo grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by sheyinoni(m): 6:24am On Jul 04, 2017
Nnwannsukka:

Otedolas pays more tax than who?
Please be asure of what you are saying, course anything you say wiuld be used against you.
40% of industries in Lagos are owned by the igbos or not even to talk of Private owend Business.
And if yiu are sure of what you are saying tell Amnode to let the Igbos Leave.
For Bleep sake
Who force unah to open the company in Lagos in the first place,u didn't see your towns before coming,many of you people typing dis poo stay in Lagos and probably go to ur villages once a year,remain in ur village na. Jus leave EKO at of ur hate because Lagos is blessed come rain come sun,oil or no oil,split or divided Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: "Lagos Will Be Nothing Without Ijaw Oil" (Video Interview) by sheyinoni(m): 6:26am On Jul 04, 2017
joeyfire:

The only bridge built before independence linking mainland to the island was the carter bridge built by the British in 1901 then dismantled after independence and rebuilt with oil money in the late 70s grin grin

The eko bridge was built by gowon with oil money grin

Murtala Muhammed Airport was built with oil money grin grin

Emmm smallie...the Niger bridge was built in 1965 when Nigeria was still an agrarian economy grin try harder next time

Murtala Muhammed Airport na oyel money. No come show me pedestrian bridge wey ambode commission. Show me one game changing thing that you built by yourselves

Do you know that Egbema in Imo state has a large rich oilfield but Imo airport was built through crowd funding (personal donations) in the second republic under Sam Mbakwe??

We no be mate oooo grin
U surely a clown comparing IMO to Lagos state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Ayoola Babalola Over Anti-Buhari Articles / Pictures Of Youth In Surulere Burning APC Posters / Snake Kills Baby Of A Boko Haram Commander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.