Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? (803 Views)

Do You Think This Picture Taken By This Brother And Sister Is Proper? / When You Ask Your Son Inlaw His Name & he says Femi Sneh(pix) / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by ABIDKEMI1: 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2010
I used to be very close to my mother-in-law to be until suddenly things were not too cordial for reasons i dont know and her daughter doesnt know too. My gfriend's brothers too do not know why she has been behaving funny to me, all i know is that i am not too close to one of the younger brothers cos he his not aound.
Last xmas, i took a pack of hamper to my in-law to be as Xmas gift. She was the only one at home and she said she was going to get me something as my xmas gift too. I was still telling her not to bother but to my greatest surprise she went in and brought out some money and she put it in my hands. I was shocked, i refused to take it but she said she would be annoyed with me if i dont take it, and that is it that she is too small to give me money? Still confused i sat and started gisting with her and thinking if it is right to take the money or not, It is not that am a broke guy cos am planning to marry the girl so i insisted on returning the money but she wouldnt take it back.

My question is " is this normal? or she is only trying to say take the money u ve used to buy the gift back?
i hope i get the responses of those who are expeirenced in this area ( i dont think it is normal though). Thx.
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by googles: 1:28am On Jan 31, 2010
[size=13pt]maybe you took a cheap a.ss hamper there and in her mind she's like "wat ? my ex-son -in-law to be is so broke, lemme raise him cos i know he must have worked his ass to get this thing thats wrapped like an hamper hmm poor boy" and you wonder why the cordial relationship went cold ? undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/size]
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by idmoore(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2010
@poster
actually i tink u made d rite move as a potential son inlaw 2 present her a hamper and trying 2 refuse d money she forcefully gav u, its not too good 2 colect such but she is like a mother 2 u so u gat no choice than 2 colect it and tank her immensely cos i she's tryin 2 play a motherly care and i gues her strange attitude might av result sometin else
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by neily(f): 10:26am On Jan 31, 2010
There are two things involved here. Its either she is sending a message across that what she needs from u is money and not a hamper. Or she thinks the hamper is too cheap, so she feels insulted and to tell u that she is not suffering and that money is not her problem, she gives it to u.
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by Fabus: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2010
There are two things involved here. Its either she is sending a message across that what she needs from u is money and not a hamper. Or she thinks the hamper is too cheap, so she feels insulted and to tell u that she is not suffering and that money is not her problem, she gives it to u.
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by 1106: 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^

did i jst read 2 same post from 2 same people

wtheck
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by ikmoore2(m): 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2010
Fabus:

U just spoke my mind on this issue and i couldnt said it any better.

Also I think u should start making alternative arrangement else ur next thread will be

*MY MOTHER IN LAW IS A GOLD DIGGER* OR MY WOULD BE MOTHER IN LAW KILLED OUR LOVE*
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by ima1(f): 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2010
hamper as in hamper you put clothes in or am i mistaken, why would you give someone a hamper, i understand men can't buy gifts but a hamper come on. did it have gifts in it or wat
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by oge4real(f): 9:13am On Mar 16, 2010
@Ima, do you mean that Xmas hamper is not a befiting gift?
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by kpolli(m): 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]maybe you took a cheap behind hamper there and in her mind she's like "wat ? my ex-son -in-law to be is so broke, lemme raise him cos i know he must have worked his backside to get this thing thats wrapped like an hamper hmm poor boy" and you wonder why the cordial relationship went cold ? undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/size]

UR HARSH N I WAS BEGINNING TO FEEL U WERE SPOTLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ POSTER: SHE IS JUST BEING NICE, UR JUST BEING TOO PESSIMISTIC
Re: Do U Think This Is Okay From An Inlaw To Be? by ima1(f): 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2010
oge4real:

@Ima, do you mean that Xmas hamper is not a befiting gift?

when i think of a hamper, i'm thinking clothing hamper, when did we start having xmas hamper, but then again naija has stupid names for things.

it depends on how cheap the gifts in the basket were.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Perfect Gift For Val For Ur Gf And Bf? / How Best Can I Tell Her? / This Is Pure Madness!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.