Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

A Strong Case For Polygamy! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Strong Case For Polygamy! (814 Views)

A Nairalander wishes to embrace Polygamy, Please advise. / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Advantages Of Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Strong Case For Polygamy! by 4Play(m): 11:53pm On Feb 11, 2010
A new study has found that the practice of polygamy reduces the spread of HIV. This would explain why Muslim areas have lower HIV infection rates compared to proximate non-Muslim areas. Nigeria is a prime example.

The relationship between lower HIV rates and polygamy could be a case of correlation as opposed to causation but it's certainly an interesting study.

The ecological association between polygyny and HIV prevalence is negative at the country as well as sub‐national level: HIV prevalence is lower in countries where the practice of polygyny is common, and within countries it is lower in areas with higher levels of polygyny.

Proposed explanations for the protective effect of polygyny include the distinctive structure of sexual networks produced by polygyny, the disproportionate recruitment of HIV positive women into marriages with a polygynous husband, and the lower coital frequency in conjugal units of polygynous marriages.

http://papers.ccpr.ucla.edu/papers/PWP-CCPR-2009-043/PWP-CCPR-2009-043.pdf
Re: A Strong Case For Polygamy! by chika98: 11:54pm On Feb 11, 2010
One woman is enough headache why add plenty more??
Re: A Strong Case For Polygamy! by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 11, 2010
Makes sense actually I respect polygamous men more because atleast they see a girl marry her and keep it in the family, everything is contained. But Monogamous men are terrible, they hide under the guise of monogamous relationships but they are fooking everything outside with a lipstick and skirt on.
Re: A Strong Case For Polygamy! by daylae(m): 12:05am On Feb 12, 2010
@poster Quite true!
Re: A Strong Case For Polygamy! by googles: 12:13am On Feb 12, 2010
[size=13pt]so that is the new excuse for scattering someone else's marriage . . . . how watery, why would i want to be a tenth wife just because am tryna avoid HIV undecided undecided polygamy my middle finger [/size]
Re: A Strong Case For Polygamy! by ruskiee(m): 12:17am On Feb 12, 2010
A strong case uhn?
Re: A Strong Case For Polygamy! by oge4real(f): 1:00am On Feb 12, 2010
Many wives might end up sending a man to his grave earlier than if he had one wife and contracts HIV.
Re: A Strong Case For Polygamy! by Krayola(m): 1:02am On Feb 12, 2010
YESS!!! I havent read the study but I agree with it 10000%. Monogamy is nonsense. Anyanma.
Re: A Strong Case For Polygamy! by googles: 1:10am On Feb 12, 2010
Krayola:

YESS!!! I havent read the study but I agree with it 10000%. Monogamy is nonsense. Anyanma.
[size=13pt]hmm you obviously plan to marry more than 5women . . . good luck and i wish you a long HIV free life[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Selective On Nairaland The Ladies Or The Dudes? / What Would You Do If : ? / Im So Confuse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.