Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall (39735 Views)

My Dead Daughter's Name Appears On Dino Melaye's Recall List (Photo) / Police Releases Statement On Dino Melaye's Arrest. See Details. / Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by kolafolabi(m): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
A former Minister of Education and a co-leader of the #BringBackOurGirls group, Oby Ezekwesili, has attacked Nigeria’s Senate for appearing to be backing the controversial senator, Dino Melaye, against the recall process initiated by the senator’s constituents in Kogi State.

Mr. Melaye had on Tuesday at the plenary begged his co-senators to save him from being recalled, during which the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, assured him that the recall process was “dead on arrival”.

Responding to the remark by Mr. Ekweremadu, Mrs. Ezekwesili, on Twitter, Tuesday, accused the Deputy Senate President of speaking “so cynically and without due respect to citizens’ right”.

Mrs. Ezekwesili (@obyezeks) tweeted, “This too shall pass”.

She then went on to tweet, “Our members of @nassnigeria are like a man who NEVER imagined he would get an Ozo title. He wears the beads on his knees instead of ankles!

“Funny fellows that call themselves ‘Excellencies, Distinguished, and Honorable’. They don’t know that ‘the hood does not make a monk’”.

The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has been reported as saying that those after Mr. Melaye were only wasting their time, implying that the recall won’t succeed.

Mrs. Ezekwesili responded, still on Twitter, by warning the Senate president to stop “talking down” on citizens.

“No serious leader of any institution of Democracy in a serious country that respects its citizens speaks like you,” she told Mr. Saraki.

The former minister also tweeted about the ongoing face-off between the National Assembly and the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, over Mr. Fashola’s allegation that the lawmakers apart from slashing N21 billion off the N31 billion vote for the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway, had inserted new projects into the ministry’s 2017 budget.

Mr. Fashola had also accused the National Assembly of taking N5 billion off the budget for the construction of the Second Niger Bridge.

The House of Representatives, Tuesday, summoned Mr. Fashola to appear before it, saying his remarks constituted an incitement of Nigerians against the legislators.

Mrs. Ezekwesili expressed her faith in Mr. Fashola’s ability to stand up to the lawmakers whom she said should be made to refund the “the fat ‘allowances’ they earn for NOTHING”.

When a fellow Twitter user cautioned Mrs. Ezekwesili that she too could be summoned by the National Assembly, she responded: “They won’t. When the 7th NASS insulted me for pointing out their disgraceful ‘allowances,’ I asked for a Debate. They dodged.”

The former minister however said it was not that she did not like the legislative arm of government, but just that she detested their “bad ways”.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/235952-ezekwesili-speaks-dino-melayes-recall.html/amp

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2017
This ugly thing has opened her mouth again to spew thrash undecided .

Her mate they NPA they control billions she's here looking for cheap popularity.

No wonder she blocked me on twitter I finished her.

How in anyway is she better than our dino melaye a man that loves the masses.

There is no man in the Senate that got so much love for the youths other than dino melaye.

The recall would not stand as a representative of the Nigerian youths

NB: I AM ONLY EXERCISING MY RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH, YOU CAN GO AND DIE FOR ALL I CARE. MANY INSULTED JONATHAN WITHOUT ANYONE CHALLENGING THEM AND HERE THEY ARE CASTIGATING ME FOR BLASTING
AN HULK THAT WAS USED TO SET JONATHAN UP.

68 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by WaleBinSanusi(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
nigeria drama

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by Dhayor001(m): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
In a sane country, how many of these Nigerian senators would even step foot in the hallowed chambers of the senate?

Cut off these bugs feeding fat off the resources of Nigeria and watch us grow fast.

Unicameral legislative system and Nigeria would never smell recession again,ever!

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by Bekwarra(m): 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
oga o
Oby should shut up and buy some sense at the open market. The failure she helped to foist on Nigerians is still tormenting us lying in coma in London.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by HMZi: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
Dino like many senators are not proper legislators

26 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by adem30: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Her mate they NPA they control billions she's here looking for cheap popularity.

There is no man in the Senate that got so much love for the youths other than dino melaye.

6 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by alcmene: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
Do this woman ever have the time to attend to her husband

Can she point at the alleged offence(s) of Dino that warrants his recall?

Must she side with the presidency at all times undecided

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
adem30:

Are you alright ?

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by steve6: 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by SmartchoicesNG: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Who is your mother? Grandmother, obviously you come from a family of nothing... And you're nothing..and will amount to nothing...till the next 54 generations... if you continue to abuse your leaders.. including me.

186 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by etebefia: 5:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
APC fighting APC
Madam Oby when will you lend your voice on the "ghost worker" President?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

Who is your mother? Grandmother, obviously you come from a family of nothing... And you're nothing..and will amount to nothing...till the next 54 generations... if you continue to abuse your leaders.. including me.
Are you God?

Mind you, I can't be that greedy and stu pid like bubu who almost finished doesn't want to resign. Why not ask him to resign to go fix his health instead of wanting to die for nothing and in vain

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by greatermax77(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
Madam, why are u speaking up on unnecessory thing but have refused to speak up against Buhari 's absence?
I twerk for u oo

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
Okay
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by Heartmender1: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
Armed robbers attack bullion van, what happened next is shocking(must read)
http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/07/armed-robbers-attack-bullion-van-in.html?m=1

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by LoveJesus87(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
D
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by NwaAmaikpe: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
shocked

Oby Ezekwesili searching for relevance in this administration.

Faster than Chevron is searching for Crude oil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by three: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
This woman supports one thief and rails against another!

Is there no integrity anymore?

#ACCREDITEDMEMBER
#MYTHIEFYOURTHIEFGANG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by AnanseK(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
alcmene:
Do this woman ever have the time to attend to her husband

Can she point at the alleged offence(s) of Dino that warrants his recall?

Must she side with the presidency at all times undecided

She sides with conmon sense , decency and the rule of law. Ask yourself how many of those qualities are found in the present NASS?

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by zachanalysis: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

you are not just a fool but a ripe one. Maniac!

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by partnerbiz4: 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
I dont like tjis woman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by udemzyudex(m): 6:55pm On Jul 05, 2017
Attention seeker, she has refuse to speak on Buhari health.. Mtcheew.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by Abeyjide: 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
nigeria is on a time bomb. imagine the poster above me saying attention seeker. with the way we Nigerians react to issues shows we are on long thing. I couldn't believed I heard that statement yesterday from a Senate leader. some of these our leaders are drawning soon.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by kinibigdeal(m): 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
We need to probe her activities under OBJ and all the illegal allowance OBJ paid into her account angry

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Seun Lalasticlala, is this first sentence appropriate? I think there should be decorum on here. Behind the keyboard, everybody is a warrior and a gangsta

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by Otapipia: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

When a nonentity speaks everyone is ashamed for him. You should be ashamed of yourself.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by mpowa(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
If Melaye get of the hook through these legislooters then it's a hopeless day for this country. I don't care if he's at fault or not. The wish of the people must stand. If these senators can obstruct the will of the people, it is a sorry case for our nation .

I long with a faint hope for that day when the youths of this nation will unite on that which is right rather that parties or personalities sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall by ExInferis(m): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

You, sir, are an idiot.

62 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage / Ondo Rejects Expired Palliative Rice From FG / Iara Oshiomhole Stuns In Blue Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.